International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bhubaneswar has released notification from the eligible candidates to admission in B.Tech Programme for the academic year 2017-18. The objective of its B.Tech programs is to prepare students for two purposes. One is to make them successful in the Industry. The other objective is to provide knowledge and motivation for seeking a career in research. Candidates can check the complete information of IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest – 7th Allotment has been announced, Check it through the link provided below.
IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admission 2017
Admission to regular B.Tech. programmes will be purely based on the merit list generated from JEE Main scores published by JEE 2017 i.e. total marks obtained in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2017.
The admission process consists of the following stages: (a) online application, (b) document verification, (c) round-wise online provisional seat allotment, (d) seat acceptance and (e) reporting at the institute for final admission.
Schedule for the IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admission 2017 is given below.
|Starting date of online application||28 Apr 2017|
|Last date of online application for regular B.Tech||26 May 2017|
|Last date of receiving hard copy of application form||04 Jun 2017|
|Document verification for ‘S’ & ‘OL’ category candidates||02 – 09 Jun 2017|
|Publication of provisional Allotment (1st round) for regular B.Tech.||20 Jun 2017|
IIIT Bhubaneswar has released Provisional Allotment list for B.Tech 2017 admission. Only those candidates who submitted their application form within last date and have successfully verified their documents can check provisional allotment list. Candidates can check the Provisional Allotment through the link provided below by entering their Application ID.
- To check 7th Provisional Allotment – Click here
IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech 2017 Application Form
Visit the website www.iiit-bh.ac.in to apply on line for the B.Tech. Programmes at IIIT Bhubaneswar. Please note that only online application is accepted. The payment details (both in soft copy and hard copy form) has to be kept ready at the time of filling the online application form, since the details of the payment transaction has to be entered in the application form.
- Apply Online – Application Process over…!!
Application Fee is Rs. 1000/- (Non Refundable)
Follow these Steps for a successful application for this programme:
- Register by submitting your email.
- 4-digit numeric passcode will be displayed which can be used as the password in the same site to Login using your email ID as user ID.
- payment can only be made through online.
- fill in the application and click on the submit button at the end of the page.you can edit the form through this Login.
- Please click on the commit button only after completion of all the fields. Once committed the form cannot be edited further.
- Last date of filling Online application is 26th May 2017.
- Print the application and send it to IIIT Bhubaneswar along with Online transaction slip, one passport size photograph, photocopy of JEE Main 2017 Admit card and JEE Main 2017 Rank card by 4th June 2017.
The eligibility criteria for admission to regular B.Tech. programmes shall be as per the JEE Main 2017 along with the following additional requirements:
- The candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate percentage of marks or 6.32 CGPA in Class 10 Board Examination
- The candidate must secure at least 60% aggregate percentage of marks in +2 Science.
- Aggregate percentage of marks = (marks secured/total marks appeared)x100
- The candidate must secure at least 45% or more in each of the following subjects: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry.
5% relaxation in marks would be given to the candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
The Institute reserves 50% of the seats for Odisha State Category (“S”) students. The rest seats are open to all which is termed as Open to All (“OTA”) category. A state category candidate is also eligible for OTA category by default.
The reservation applicable for different sub categories under “S” category like: Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Challenged, Green Card, ExServiceman etc. shall be as per Govt. of Odisha norms. Apart from these reservations, 5% extra of the sanctioned strength in each branch shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Tuition Fee Waiver scheme under “S” category.
Document Verification and Seat allotment
- Allotment of seats shall be done based upon the preference of choices of branches exercised by candidates.
- Provisional admissions will be offered in order of merit list generated in different categories to candidates.
- For Odisha State category and OL category candidates, physical presence by the candidate shall be necessary during the document verification stage.
- For Open to all (OTA) category candidates the document verification shall be done on the date of reporting at the institute for the final admission.
- A State category candidate may belong to different subcategories and also eligible for OTA category. Thus, a state category candidate shall be allotted a seat considering the best possible availability (in terms of choices exercised by the candidate) among different categories.
Documents required at the time of verification
- Printed application form (submitted on line) duly signed by the candidate
- Original as well as copy of 10th mark sheet and pass certificate
- Original as well as copy of 12th mark sheet and pass certificate subject to publication of results
- Original as well as copy of JEE main 2017 score card
- Original as well as copy of JEE Main 2017 Admit card
- Nativity certificate as per Appendix-I (Original) in Information Brochure.
- Appendix-VI (Original) in Information Brochrue.
- Income certificate for TFW candidates as per Appendix-III (Original) in Information Brochure.
- SC/ST certificate for SC/ST candidates as per Appendix-II (Original) in Information Brochure.
- In Information Brochure Appendix-IV (Original) for OL category candidates
- Original as well as Copy of Green card of their parents issued by Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha/any other appropriate authority for GC category candidates
- In Information Brochure Appendix-V (Original) for ES category candidate.
- Certificate of Disability issued by Competent Authority of Govt. of Odisha not below the Rank of CDMO for PC category candidate.
- College leaving certificate (Original)
Note: Original certificates/mark sheets except Appendices shall be returned to the candidates after verification.
The Fee Structure for the B.Tech. Programmes is given below.
The institute reserves the right to change the fee structure if required. The fees above does not include other expenses such as mess meal charges, stationary, supplies, travel, notebook PC etc. which are to be borne by individual students.
For more detail of IIIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.