Central University of Orissa Admission 2018 – Central University of Orissa (CUO) had issued notification for the admission to the Under Graduate/ Post Graduate and Research Programmes. The admission of students for all the programmes offered by the University is on the basis of Entrance Examination for identifying their academic competence and potentialities of high quality. Interested candidates can read the complete detail of Central University of Orissa Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, important dates etc. on this page.
Central University of Orissa Admission 2018
Central University of Orissa (CUO) has issued admission notice for various Under Graduate/Post Graduate and Research Programmes for the academic session 2018-19. Central University of Orissa will conduct the entrance exam for admission to the B.Ed., B.C.A. and M.A. in Economics, English, Hindi, J&MC, Odia, Sanskrit, Socioloogy, M.Sc. in Applied Statistics and Informatics, Anthropology, Biodiversity and Conservation of Natural Resources, 5 year Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics, M.B.A. and Research Programmes in selected subjects leading to M.Phil. and Ph.D.
Schedule for the Central University of Orissa Admission 2018 is given below.
|Date of Advertisement||01 May 2018|
|Filling up of online application form||05 May 2018|
Closing date of online application form
|11 Jun 2018|
|Distribution of Admit Card to the candidates (through online only)||23 Jun 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examinations||30 Jun & 01 Jul 2018|
|Publication of Shortlisted Candidates of M.Phil./Ph.D./MBA Entrance Examination for Viva voce||06 Jul 2018|
|Publication of Entrance Examination Results||09 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of Merit List and Waiting List||09 Jul 2018|
|Date of viva-voce for MBA||11 & 12 Jul 2018|
|Date of viva-voce for M.Phil./Ph.D||To be notified|
|Declaration of the results of MBA||13 Jul 2018|
|Date of admission for Merit List Candidates||18 Jul 2018|
|Date of admission for Waiting list Candidates||19 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Classes (for 1st Semester)||20 Jul 2018|
|Schedule of Admission into M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programmes||23 to 26 Jul 2018|
- Click Here to check the Admission Notice for SC/ST Candidates.
- Click here to check the list of vacancies for admission.
Selection of Candidates
Selection of Candidates for the U.G./P.G. Programmes
The final selection of candidates for admission to various UG/PG programmes of study will be based on the performance in the Entrance Examination and in case of MBA through Viva-voce / GD / Personal Interview.
- Click here to check Provisional Waiting List M.Phil. in BCNR.
- Click here to check Provisional Waiting List M.Phil. in Economics.
- Click here to check Provisional Merit list and Waitlist for various courses.
- Click here to view result for the Central University of Orissa.
- Click here to check Shortlisted Candidates for the Personal Interview for Admission into MBA Programme
Selection of Candidates for the Research Programmes (M.Phil. & Ph.D.)
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. An interview/viva-voce is to be organized by the University. The candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a Committee duly constituted for the purpose at the time of the interview/viva-voce.
- The cut-off marks in the Entrance Test shall be 50% for all categories.
- For Research Programmes (Ph.D.) in addition to the above, all exempted candidates (Candidates who have already qualified for CSIR/UGCJRF/NET, SLET/SET, ICAR/ICMR, awardees of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF), Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF), National Fellowship for OBC, Basic Science Research Fellowship, Inspire Fellowship, National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Fellowship or similar National Fellowships) shall be exempted from appearing at the Entrance Examination and will be called for the Viva-voce test for M.Phil./Ph.D. Programmes. Students with the M.Phil. degree in the same programme are also eligible for exemption from the written test for the Ph.D. Programme.
- All candidates (including the exempted catogeries) have to apply for the programmes against the Admission Notification as per the prescribed date.
- The duration of the Reserch Programmes will be as per the Ordinance.
In case seats remain vacant in any of the Programmes, necessary action will be taken by the Competent Authority.
Admit Card for Entrance test has been issued by University through online mode only as per the schedule. This document is also known as the hall ticket and issued to those candidates who have submitted the application form and fees on time, correctly. Candidates can download the Admit card/ Hall ticket from the official website by providing User Id & Date of Birth. Candidates can also use the link given below to download their admit card.
Admit Card: Click Here to download the admit card.
Online Application Form – Candidates who want to apply through on-line for the programs are requested to log-in to the University website www.cuo.ac.in. The closing date of the online application is 11 June 2018.
- Apply Online – Process Over..!!
For UG/PG programmes
The application fee is Rs. 600/- for General/OBC and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates through online payment excluding service charges. For each programme the candidate has to apply separetely along with the prescribed fee.
For M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes
The application fee is Rs. 800/- for General/OBC and Rs. 400/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates through online payment excluding service charges. For each programme the candidate has to apply separetely along with the prescribed fee.
Instructions for filling up of Online Application Form
- Please read the Important Notes mentioned on the website before filling-up the online Application Form.
- Please note down your Application Form Number (generated by the Computer), Log-in ID and Password for future correspondence or retain a photocopy of the filled in Application Form.
- Please note that your name, your parent’s/guardian’s name, and your Date of Birth should exactly be the same as given in your 10th class or first Board/Pre-University examination certificate. Any deviation, whenever discovered, may lead to cancellation of your candidature.
Eligibility Criteria are different for all the Programmes. For the sake of the candidates Central University of Orissa Admission eligibility is given below.
There shall be an entrance examination for admission to all the programmes on the dates determined by the University. The University reserves the right to change/cancel any Centre of Examination as and when required without assigning any reason thereof. The time table for the entrance examination will also be available on the University website. Any change of the schedule of the Entrance Examination for any programme, will be notified on the University website from time to time.
- Candidate called for the entrance examinations (both written and/or interview) will appear for the examinations at their own expense.
- Candidates applying for more than one programme should note that if the Entrance Examination of their choice of programmes clashes (the same time and date), then candidates have to opt for any one only.
The Entrance Examination Schedule
The Entrance Examination for the programmes will be held as specified in the following table.
|Date||1st Session||2nd Session||3rd Session|
|9:00 am – 11:00 am||12.00 pm – 2.00 pm||3.00 pm- 5.00 pm|
|30 Jun 2018||MBA||
|01 Jul 2018||B.Ed.||
The question papers will be provided in English only except for programmes in vernacular languages. The performance of the candidates in the test consisting of objective type multiple choice questions and will be evaluated using the OMR technology. The candidate will be required to mark the answers on the OMR Sheet with a blue/black ball-point pen during the test. Necessary instructions will be given in the relevant question papers.
- The duration of the entrance test will be of two hours for the above programmes.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong attempt.
- Visually Challenged candidates will be provided Scribe Fee for appearing the CUO Entrance Examination.
Centres of Entrance Examination
The Central University of Orissa will conduct its entrance examination in the following centres for the programmes mentioned in the above table.
|Odisha||Koraput, Bhubaneswar, Keonjhar, Balasore, Bhadrak, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Bhawanipatna, Berhampur, and Baripada|
Syllabus for Central University of Orissa Admission 2018 is given below.
|Programme||Syllabus for Entrance Examination|
|M.A. in Odia||Section-A: 30 Questions (30 Marks) will be asked on:
Linguistics,Grammar, Metre and Rhetoric (Chhanda & Alankar)
Section-B: 70 Questions (70 Marks) will be asked on:
History of Odia Literature (Ancient, Medieval, Modern and Contemporary Literature), Development of Odia Language, Folk Literature, Literary Terms (Indian and Western), History of Indian and Western Literature and Western Literary Movements.
|M.A. in English||Section-A: 30 Questions (30 Marks) will be asked on:
Basics of English Language and Functional English Grammar Section – B: 70 Questions (70 Marks) will be asked on:
History of English Literature, Genre Studies (Forms of Literature), Literary Terms, Basics of Literary Theory and Criticism
|M.A. in Hindi||1. History of Hindi Language and Literature – 25 Questions (25 Marks)
2. Works of prominent personalities of Hindi Language and Literature- 25 Questions (25 Marks)
3. Functional Hindi 25 Questions (25 Marks)
4. Questions on General Hindi Grammar/Linguistics- 25 Questions (25 Marks)
|M.A. in Sanskrit||Section-A: 30 Questions (30 Marks) will be asked on:
Grammar: knowledge of shabdarupa and dhaturupa, knowledge of vacya-parivartana, Samjna, Paribhsha, Karaka portions only from Siddhanta Kaumudi. Section –B: 70 Questions (70 Marks) will be asked on:
a Poetics: Chapter I & VI of Sahityadarpana.
b Chhandas (from Chhandomanjari): Mandakranta, Shardulavikridita, Malini, Shikharini, Drutavilamvita, Arya, Bhujangaprayata, Sragdhara.
c Alankaras (from Sahityadarpana): Upama, Vibhavana, Vakrokti, Yamaka, Slesa, Utpreksha, Anuprasa.
d General Outlines of Authors: Kalidasa, Magha, Bharavi, Sriharsha, Bhavabhuti, Sudraka, Jayadeva.
e Literature: Abhijnanashakuntalam, Shishupalavadham (1st Canto), Kumarasambhavam (5th canto), Shrimadbhagavadgita (chapters 2 and 15).
f History of Sanskrit Literature (General outlines): Veda (Vedic Samhitas, Aranyakas, Brahmanas, Upanishads, Vedanga), Puranas, Classical Sanskrit Literature (Kavyas, Mahakavyas, Khandakavyas, Natakas, Gadyasahityas).
|M.Sc. in Anthropology||Section-A: 30 Questions (30 marks) will be based on:
General aptitude, Basic English grammar, reasoning, arithmetic, general science, and general knowledge. Section-B: 70 Questions (70 marks) will be based on:
Theories of Evolution, Human Evolution, Primates, Basics of Human Genetics, Human Cytology, Basics of Human Physiology, Human Ecology, Nutritional Epidemiology, Basic Bio-Statistics, Indian Society, Reconstruction of the Past, Geological Time Scale, Indian Prehistory, Understanding Culture, Demographic profile of Indian Populations, Understanding the diversity of Indian social structure, Indian Geography, Constitutional safeguards for the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.
|M.A. in Sociology||Section -A: 30 Questions (30 Marks) from General Knowledge (English Grammar, General Awareness / General Knowledge)
Section- B: 70 Questions (70 Marks) from subject specific questions (Basic Concepts in Sociology; Classical Sociological Theories; Indian Society; Social Change and Development; Social Research and Methods)
|M.A. in Economics||Section -A: 30 Questions (30 Marks) from Genral Knowledge, English, Reasoning and Numerical Ability. Section- B: 70 Questions (70 Marks) on Subject Awarness comprising of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Indian Economy, Economics of Growth and Development, Public Economics, History of Economic Thought, Mathematics for Economics, Statistics for Economics, International Trade, and Monetary Economics.|
|M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication (J&MC)||English language capability 20 Questions (20 Marks)
Analytical and comprehension skills 20 Questions (20 Marks)
General awareness (with focus on events of the past one year) 20 Questions (20 Marks)
Traditional General Knowledge 20 Questions (20 Marks)
Basic awareness on mass media (folk media, print media, electronic media and new media) and recent trends/developments in media 20 Questions (20 Marks)
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)||Part ‘A’ is compulsory for all, includes the following four sections and each section carries 20 marks.
SECTION I : General English Comprehension
SECTION II : Logical & Analytical Reasoning
SECTION III : Educational & General Awareness
SECTION IV : Teaching-Aptitude
Part ‘B’ is optional for Subject Competence Test and it carries 20 marks. A Candidate has to opt for only one subject from part ‘B’. The subject competencies are on i. English, ii. Mathematics, iii. Science and iv. Social Science. Duration of the test is two hours.
|5-year Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics||Section- A: 10 Questions (10 Marks) General Appitude
Section- B: 90 Questions (90 Marks) on the following areas:
Complex number, Quadratic Equations, Logarithms, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theory, AP, GP, Matrix, Determinants, System of Linear Equation, Trigonometry, Real valued functions of a real variable, Limit, Continuity, Differentiation, Maxima and Minima, Tangent, Normal, Coordinate Geometry, Straight Lines, Conic Section, Plane, Straight Line in a space, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Vector, LPP, Probability.
|Bachelor of Computer Application- BCA||The Entrance Examination for Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) will consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), out of which 60% questions will be from General Aptitude (up to 10+2 level), English Grammars, General Knowledge and 40% questions from Computer Fundamentals.|
|M.Sc. in Biodiversity & Conservation of Natural Resources||Section-A: 30 Questions (30 Marks) will be based on:
General Science and General Knowledge. Section-B: 70 Questions (70 Marks) will be based on:
B.Sc. level Fundamental aspects of Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Bio-technology, Bio-informatics, Forestry, and Marine Biology.
|Master of Business Administration – MBA||The test will consist of 100 Multiple Choice Objective type Questions divided into four Sections and each section consists of 25 questions of 01 mark each. The duration of the Entrance Examination is two hours.
SECTION- I : Proficiency in English SECTION- II : Test of Reasoning
SECTION- III : Numerical Ability
SECTION- IV : Business Awareness
The student selected on the basis of Entrance Examination will be notified on the University website and they will be called for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview to be held at Central University of Orissa, Koraput. The date and time of GD and/or PI will be notified on the University website.
|M.Sc. in Statistics||Section- A: 30 Questions (30 Marks) Questions will be based on General Aptitude and Analytical Skills.
Section- B: 70 Questions (70 Marks) Questions will be based on Mathematics, Statistics and Fundamental of computer from the following areas: Sets, Sequences, Series, Limits, Continuity, Differentiation, Integration, Graphs of Functions, Vector Space, Matrices, Determinants, Linear transformations. Linear Programming Problem – Graphical Solution. Fundaments of Computer.
Elementary Probability – Events, Independent Events, Conditional Events, Bayes’ Theorem, Chebyshev’s Inequality. Random Variables and their Distributions – Binomial, Poisson, Geometric, Negative Binomial, Uniform, normal, Exponential, Gamma, Beta. Inference- Methods of Moments and ML estimation, Test for Mean and Variance of the normal distribution, Contingency Tables, Simple Linear regression.
Result / Merit List
Result & Merit list of candidates will be declared by University on official website as per the schedule. In order to check the same you can login with hall ticket number and date of birth. Candidates can check result in online mode.
Criteria for resolving ties
The following criteria shall be adopted to resolve ties, where candidates secured equal marks in the Entrance Examination:
- First Criterion: The candidate with higher ratio of positive attempts to negative attempts will be given a higher rank.
- Second Criterion: Marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree. For B.Ed. candidates qualifying degree means only the undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree).
- Third Criterion: Marks obtained in the examination immediately preceding the qualifying degree examination.
- Fourth Criterion: Marks obtained in the next lower public examination
For the sake of the candidates fee structure for Central University of Orissa Admission 2018 is given below.
Official Website: www.cuo.ac.in
For more details on Central University of Orissa Admission 2018, download information brochure.