Central University of Orissa Admission 2017 – Central University of Orissa (CUO) has issued notification for the admission to the Under Graduate/ Post Graduate and Research Programmes. The admission of students for all the programmes offered by the University is on the basis of Entrance Examination for identifying their academic competence and potentialities of high quality. Interested candidates can read the complete detail of Central University of Orissa Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, important dates etc. on this page.
Latest – Provisional Merit list & waiting list of candidates for MBA has been released by CU Orissa. Check the link below.
Central University of Orissa Admission 2017
Central University of Orissa (CUO) has issued admission notice for various Under Graduate/Post Graduate and Research Programmes for the academic session 2017-18. Central University of Orissa will conduct the entrance exam for admission to the B.Ed., B.C.A. and M.A. in Economics, English, Hindi, J&MC, Odia, Sanskrit, Socioloogy, M.Sc. in Applied Statistics and Informatics, Anthropology, Biodiversity and Conservation of Natural Resources, 5 year Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics, M.B.A. and Research Programmes in selected subjects leading to M.Phil. and Ph.D.
Schedule for the Central University of Orissa Admission 2017 is given below.
|Date of Advertisement||30 Apr 2017|
|Filling up of online application form||04 May 2017|
Closing date of online application form
|09 Jun 2017|
|Last date of receiving of the hard copy of application form||16 Jun 2017|
|Distribution of Admit Card to the candidates (through online only)||23 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examinations||01 & 02 Jul 2017|
|Publication of Entrance Examination Results||08 Jul 2017|
|Declaration of Merit List and Waiting List||08 Jul 2017|
|Publication of Ranks of MBA Entrance Examination for PI/ Viva voce||08 Jul 2017|
|Date of viva-voce for Research Programmes/ MBA||–|
|Declaration of the results of Research Programmes/ MBA||14 Jul 2017|
|Date of admission for Merit List Candidates (for B.Ed)||17 Jul 2017|
|Date of admission for Merit list and Waiting list Candidates (for 5yr-Integrated M.Sc in Mathemetics & BCA)||18 Jul 2017|
|Date of admission for Wait list Candidates (for B.Ed)||18 Jul 2017|
|Date of admission for Merit List and Waiting List Candidates (other programmes)||19 Jul 2017|
|Commencement of Classes (for 1st Semester)||20 Jul 2017|
Result / Merit List
Result & Merit list of candidates has been declared by University on official website as per the schedule. In order to check the same you can login with hall ticket number and date of birth. Candidates can check result in online mode. The direct link to check result/Merit list is given below.
- Click Here to Check MBA Provisional Merit List
- Click Here to Check MBA Provisional Wait List
- Click here to check Merit List.
- Click here to check result.
Admit card download is over now…!!!
Admit Card for Entrance test has been issued by University through online mode only as per the schedule. This document is also known as the hall ticket and issued to those candidates who have submitted application form and fees on time, correctly. Candidates can download the Admit card/ Hall ticket from the official website.
Application process is over now…!!!
Online Application Form – Candidates who want to apply through on-line for the programs are requested to log-in to the University website www.cuo.ac.in. The closing date of the online application is 9th June 2017.
Official website to apply online for CUO Admission 2017 is – cuo.ac.in
After the completion of the online application, the candidates are required to send a hard copy of the application form along with the Hard copy of the payment by Speed Post to The Controller of Examinations, Central University of Orissa, Landiguda, Koraput- 764021, Odisha. The hard copy of the Application Form must reach the Central University of Orissa on or before 16th June, 2017 (Any postal delay will not be entertained).
- The processing fee is Rs. 500/- for General/OBC and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates through online payment. For each programme the candidate has to apply separetely along with the prescribed fee.
Instructions for filling up of Online Application Form
- Please read the Important Notes mentioned on the website before filling-up the online Application Form.
- Please note down your Application Form Number (generated by the Computer), Log-in ID and Password for future correspondence or retain a photocopy of the filled in Application Form.
- Please note that your name, your parent’s/guardian’s name, and your Date of Birth should exactly be the same as given in your 10th class or first Board/Pre-University examination certificate. Any deviation, whenever discovered, may lead to cancellation of your candidature.
Eligibility Criteria are different for all the Programmes. Candidates are advised to read carefully information brochure of Central University of Orissa Admission, which is given belowof this page.
There shall be an entrance examination for admission to all the programmes on the dates determined by the University. The University reserves the right to change/cancel any Centre of Examination as and when required without assigning any reason thereof. The time table for the entrance examination will also be available on the University website. Any change of the schedule of the Entrance Examination for any programme, will be notified on the University website from time to time.
- Candidate called for the entrance examinations (both written and/or interview) will appear for the examinations at their own expense.
- Candidates applying for more than one programme should note that if the Entrance Examination of their choice of programmes clashes (the same time and date), then candidates have to opt for any one only.
The Entrance Examination Schedule
The Entrance Examination for the programmes will be held as specified in the following table.
|Date||1st Session||2nd Session||3rd Session|
|9:00 am – 11:00 am||12.00 pm – 2.00 pm||3.00 pm- 5.00 pm|
|01 Jul 2017||MBA||
|02 Jun 2017||B.Ed.||
The question papers will be provided in English only except for programmes in vernacular languages. The performance of the candidates in the test consisting of objective type multiple choice questions and will be evaluated using the OMR technology. The candidate will be required to mark the answers on the OMR Sheet with a blue/black ball-point pen during the test. Necessary instructions will be given in the relevant question papers.
- The duration of the entrance test will be of two hours for the above programmes.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong attempt.
- Visually Challenged candidates will be provided Scribe Fee for appearing the CUO Entrance Examination.
Centres of Entrance Examination
The Central University of Orissa will conduct its entrance examination in the following centres for the programmes mentioned in the above table.
|Odisha||Koraput, Bhubaneswar, Keonjhar, Balasore, Bhadrak, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Bhawanipatna, Berhampur, and Baripada|
Selection of Candidates
Selection of Candidates for the U.G./P.G. Programmes
The final selection of candidates for admission to various UG/PG programmes of study will be based on the performance in the Entrance Examination and in case of MBA through Viva-voce / GD / Personal Interview.
Selection of Candidates for the Research Programmes (M.Phil. & Ph.D.)
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. An interview/viva-voce is to be organized by the University. The candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a Committee duly constituted for the purpose at the time of the interview/viva-voce.
- The cut-off marks in the Entrance Test shall be 50% for all categories.
- For Research Programmes (Ph.D.) in addition to the above, all exempted candidates (Candidates who have already qualified for CSIR/UGCJRF/NET, SLET/SET, ICAR/ICMR, awardees of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF), Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF), National Fellowship for OBC, Basic Science Research Fellowship, Inspire Fellowship, National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Fellowship or similar National Fellowships) shall be exempted from appearing at the Entrance Examination and will be called for the Viva-voce test for M.Phil./Ph.D. Programmes. Students with the M.Phil. degree in the same programme are also eligible for exemption from the written test for the Ph.D. Programme.
- All candidates (including the exempted catogeries) have to apply for the programmes against the Admission Notification as per the prescribed date.
- The duration of the Reserch Programmes will be as per the Ordinance.
In case seats remain vacant in any of the Programmes, necessary action will be taken by the Competent Authority.
Central University of Orissa Admission – Information Brochure
If above window does not load, Click here to view/download the Information Brochure.