North Orissa University Admission 2020 – North Orissa University offers admission in the various Courses like UG, PG, M. Tech, M.Phil., Pre-Ph.D Courses for the Academic Session 2020. The CPET entrance test conduct for various PG subjects and this year it will be conducted from 12 -22 October 2020. The Application Form of B.Ed/M.Ed is available at nou.nic.in. Candidates can check the complete information of the North Orissa University Admission 2020 Application process, Eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest: North Orissa University has revised the exam date for B.Ed-M.Ed admission 2020. Stay here for getting updates.
North Orissa University Admission 2020
The candidates who do not appear before the interview (except exempted candidates) will not be considered at the time of preparation of the merit list. The complete schedule of North Orissa University Admission 2020 is given below.
|Availability of online Common Application Form||12 Aug 2020|
|Last date of applying online CAF|
|Available of Hall Ticket|
12 – 22 Oct 2020
|Updation of Graduation/Equivalent mark by applicant till|
|Handing over the entrance marks to OCAC|
|Publication of State wide merit list|
|Completion of Admission Process|
|Commencement of PG 1st Year Classes|
- Click here to download the application form extension notice.
Integrated B.Ed M.Ed Schedule
|Availability of online Application Form||04 Sep 2020|
|Last date to fill Application Form|
|Date of Entrance Test|
|Date of Publication of Result||08 Nov 2020|
|Date of Admission of Merit List Student||10 Nov 2020|
|Date of Admission of Waiting List Student||12 Nov 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||03 Dec 2020|
- Click here to download North Orissa University Admission 2020 Integrated B.Ed M.Ed Schedule.
North Orissa University CPET 2020 Revised Schedule
- Click here to download above revised schedule.
North Orissa University Admission Application Form 2020
North Orissa University has released the application form at the official website. The candidate shall have to fill up the online application form at the official website for appearing at the Entrance Test. No other mode of application shall be considered. The Application form (hard copy-generated after filling up the form) along with relevant documents must reach the office of the chairman, P.G. council before the last date.
|PG/ Integrated B.Ed-M.Ed Course||500/-|
|Pre Ph.D. Course||1000/-|
- The application fee shall be paid separately for each application and for each different subject. If multiple applications are submitted with one application fee, all applications will be rejected and no admit card will be available for appearing at the Entrance Test for any course. Under no circumstances, the Application Fee is refundable.
- Application Fee can be remitted by Debit card/Credit card of any nationalized bank or by e-payment through internet banking.
Instructions for filling the online admission form
- Please be ready with scanned copies of photo and signature before filling the online form.
- Visit the North Orissa University website at www.nou.nic.in.
- Click on the “Online Admission” link for apply online and other admission related information.
- Register yourself by filling up your personal information. Please use your personal phone number and email id. DO NOT use any Internet Café’s phone number and email id.
- After successful registration, you will be taken to the Login page showing your Application ID and Password.
- DO NOT forget to save your Application ID and Password for future reference.
- LOG yourself and click on Apply online.
- The Application Form is now ready to be filled up by you.
- Save your entries in between and continue filling up theform.
- In Educational Qualifications table, please fill in the marks obtained and the total marks. In case of Honours degree, please enter both the Honours and the aggregate marks.
- On completion of filling up of the form, you will be required to upload your Photo, Signature.
- Now, you are ready to make payments
- You can use your Debit card / Credit card of any nationalized bank, or by using internet banking to pay the application fee via SBIePay.
- Once payment is successful, you will be asking to “goto homepage” to download the “Application Form”
- The filled up the Application form is now Downloadable and hencePrintable.
- The Application form (hard copy-generated after filling up the form) along with all the photocopies of the certificates, mark sheets and documents supporting to reservation category, weightage must reach the office of the chairman, P.G. council.
- Once your Admit Card is ready, you shall receive intimation by SMS and e-mail. Alternatively, you can login to e-Admission portal and download your admit card.
- You need to print the Admit Card and bring it on the day of the Entrance Examination.
- The hard copy of the same application of the candidates (for those whose results have not been declared) along with necessary documents must be submitted to the invigilator in the examination hall at the time of appearing at the Entrance Test.
The eligibility criteria depends on the course for which the candidates want to apply. Minimum graduation in the concerned subject is the essential requirements for all the posts. The detailed eligibility criteria is given below.
- North Orissa University offers one year (two semesters) M.Phil in a. Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Santali and Zoology in main campus, Baripada b. English, Odia, Sanskrit in 2nd campus, Suleikhamar, Keonjhar.
- Maximum intake of each M.Phil course is 10 (Ten). The intake may vary depending upon the availability of faculty positions as per the UGC guideline
- Candidates with good academic career securing not less than 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks or equivalent grade at Master’s Degree in the subject from any recognized university are eligible to apply for admission into the course provided they qualify written Entrance Test followed by an interview.
- For M.Phil.in Computer Science, the qualifying degree is Master’s Degree in Comp. Sc./ IT / Electronics / Computer Application (MCA)/ Mathematics / Statistics.
- For M.Phil.in Biotechnology, the qualifying degree is Master’s Degree in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Life Sciences/ Botany/ Zoology/ Marine Biology/ Biosciences/ Environmental Science/ Pharmaceutical Science.
- Candidates qualifying the UGC-CSIR-NET/GATE /SLET test and awardees of Teacher Fellowship (TF) from UGC are exempted from the Entrance Test only and shall appear at the interview on the date of Entrance Test of the concerned subject as notified.
- An employed person cannot be admitted unless he/she has been duly relieved by the employer and produce a proof to that effect.
- Candidates who have already submitted Ph.D. thesis or been awarded Ph.D. degree are not eligible for admission into M.Phil
For Pre-Ph.D. Course
- North Orissa University offers one semester Pre-Ph.D course work in Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science & IT, Economics, Life Science, Physics, Santali and Zoology in main campus at Baripada, Odia, Sanskrit in 2nd campus at Suleikhamar, Keonjhar and Law in Mayurbhanj Law College at Baripada.
- The intake of Science and Arts stream of this course is 10 (ten) and 20(twenty) respectively.
- Master Degree holders having secured at least 55% of marks or its equivalent grade points in the subject concerned of North Orissa University or any other state/central University are eligible to take admission into Pre- Ph.D. course work provided they qualify through a written Entrance Test followed by an interview.
- A candidate belonging to SC/ ST / OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled category or those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991 shall be given a relaxation of 5% (i.e., from 55% to 50%) of marks or its equivalent grade points at Master level.
- The candidates qualifying UGC-CSIR-NET (including GRF)/ GATE/ SLET/ Teacher fellow are exempted from the written Entrance Test only.
- M. Phil./ M. Tech. Degree holders are exempted from the written Entrance Test provided they have been admitted to M. Phil./ M. Tech. Program through
For Integrated B.Ed.-M.Ed. course
- North Orissa University offers three years (six semesters) Integrated B.Ed-M.Ed Course under self-financing mode in main campus, Baripada.
- A Post Graduate Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities from a recognized institution with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade .
- Intake of the course is 50 (25 from Science stream and 25 from Arts stream).
For Pre-Ph.D. Course
- Master’s Degree holders having secured at least 55% of marks ( 50% for SC & ST candidates) or equivalent grade at Master’s Degree in the subjects concerned are eligible for Ph.D. registration, provided they qualify an Entrance Test followed by an Interview (ET & I).For Pre-Ph.D. in Biotechnology, the qualifying Master’s Degree are in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Life Sciences/ Botany/ Zoology/ Marine Biology/ Biosciences/ Environmental Science/ Pharmaceutical Science.For Pre-Ph.D. in Life Sciences, the qualifying Master‘s Degree are in any branch of Biological Science and / or allied subjects.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIRNET/GATE/INSPIRE fellowship of DST and awardees for Teachers Fellowship from UGC are exempted from such tests and interviews.
- M.Phil. Degree holders in the concerned subject, are also exempted from entrance test and interview provided they have been admitted to M. Phil. program through an entrance test as per UGC guideline. The candidates have to provide documents in support of this.
For eligibility criteria of PG courses Click Here.
The admit card for North Orissa University Admission will be available on the official website (nou.nic.in) as well as the link will be provided here. Candidates must download the admit card and bring it in the examination hall with them. Candidates must keep it in good condition till the admission process is over. The candidates will have to login in order to download the admit card. Admit card will have to be carried in hard copy mode.
North Orissa University will release the result of various entrance test held on the scheduled date. Candidates will able to check their result from the official website OR through the direct link which will provide after the successful completion of an examination. The result will be in the form of pdf in which the names of the candidates will be mentioned.
The reservation is given on the basis of caste as well as the to the specail category students. The reservation is given below in detail. This reservation is as per the last year data, however it is expected to remain the same this year also.
- ST-22.5%, SC-16.25%. The reserved seats are not interchangeable between SC and ST category. SC/ST applicants selected for admission on their merit shall not be counted against reserve seats.
- 5% of sanctioned seats shall be reserved for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) with extent of disability not below 40% (blindness and low vision, hard of hearing, locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy, autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness).
- 1% of the sanctioned seats shall be reserved for Self/Children/Wife/ Husband of ex-serviceman Serving (ESM) defense personnel and the Children of Martyrs (CoM).
- For Kashmiri migrants, relaxations shall be as follows
- Such student can be admitted over and above the sanctioned strength (total number of seats in the department), to the extent of 2 seats.
- Such candidates can be given an extension in the date of admission up to 30 days.
- Relaxation will be given in cut-off percentage up to 10% subject to minimum eligibility requirements.
- Domicile requirements shall be waived.
- Migration in second and subsequent years shall be allowed subject to the condition given above.
Official Website: nou.nic.in
For more detail of North Orissa University Admission 2020, candidates can – Download Information Brochure.Orissa Admissions
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.