North Orissa University offers admission in the prescribed form for the various Courses like P.G. /M. Tech. /M.Phil./Pre-Ph.D Courses for the Academic Session 2018-19. Candidates can check the complete information of North Orissa University Admission 2018 Application process, Eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
North Orissa University Admission 2018
Selection shall be made on the basis of merit determined as per the criteria as mention below. The candidates who do not appear before the interview (except exempted candidates) will not be considered at the time of preparation of merit list.
Schedule for the North Orissa University Admission 2018 is given below.
|Filling of Application form (both Online & Offline)||21 May 2018|
|Last date of submission of application form|
|Date of PG Entrance Test (Regular and SF Courses)||03 to 10 Jun 2018|
|Date of M.Phil. Entrance Test||17 Jun 2018|
|Date of Admission||16 to 31 Jul 2018|
|Date of publication of entrance results of Integrated B.Ed.-M.Ed||23 Jul 2018|
|Date of Admission from the merit list of lntegrated B.Ed.-M.Ed||30 Jul 2018|
|Date of Admission from the waiting list of Integrated B.Ed.-M.Ed||31 Jul 2018|
|Date of Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test ( All Subjects )|
- Click Here to check the notice for Walk-in-Interview in the Dept. of Zoology.
- Click here to check the notice regarding admission against vacant seats for MBA and MCA programme.
- Click here to check notice regarding the postponement of Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- Click here to check the vacant seats under ACPC quota.
- Click Here to check the Corrigendum Admission Notice (Integrated BEd.-M.Ed.).
- Click Here to check the Documents Required for Admission.
- Click Here to check the notice for Pre-Ph.D candidates.
Detailed Test Schedule
Following is the detailed test schedule for various courses:
North Orissa University has released the result of various entrance test held on the scheduled date. Candidates can check their result from the official website OR through the direct link which has been provided below.
- Click Here to check the 2nd Merit List of PG Course.
- Click Here to check the Merit List of Int.B.Ed-M.Ed Entrance Exam for science and Arts.
- Click Here to check the P.G Entrance Test Results.
- Click Here to check the date, time, and venue of admission.
- Click Here to check the documents required at the time of admission.
Preparation of Result
Students shall be assigned grade points instead of marks. A student securing cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) 5.5 or more (for P.G.) and CGPA 6.0 or more (for M.Phil.) shall be declared as pass. The equivalent grade point for pass mark in each paper shall be 5.0 (Five). For Pre-Ph.D. course work, a student has to secure at least 50% marks in aggregate.
A candidate who is otherwise eligible to appear in the examination but fails in the same or fails to appear in the examination shall be required to reappear the same as an ex-student not more than twice within stipulated period of his/her admission into the said course.
Hard Case (For theory only): A maximum of 1 % total marks (theory) shall be awarded as grace mark in one or more theory paper(s) in order to enable a student to achieve passgrade point in a semester/semesters taken together.
The results shall be published as soon as possible (preferably within 30 days after completion of the examination) after being approved by the appropriate authority. The certificates (Provisional /Original) and Grade sheet shall be provided by the University after publication of the results.
The successful candidates shall receive their result from the Controller of Examinations/ Head of the Department of the concerned subject within 7 days from the publication of the final result.
Offline Applications are invited from the intending candidates in the prescribed form downloaded from the NOU website (www.nou.nic.in) for the seats lying vacant in the P.G. courses (Regular & SFC Mode) of the various subjects for the Academic Session 2018-19 in the North Orissa University. Candidates need to fill the application form for admission for the vacant seats. Application form and a detailed admission notice is provided below:
- Click here to check revised admission notice for vacant seats.
- Click here to download the application form.
The admit card for the entrance test for the various courses is now available on the official website as well as the link provided here. Candidates must download the admit card and bring it in the examination hall with them. Candidates must keep it in good condition till the admission process is over.
Application Form 2018
Candidates can fill the online application from the official website www.nou.nic.in on or before the last date of application. Candidates are requested to read the instruction carefully, before filling the Online Admission Application Form.
- Apply Online – Process Over..!!
Instruction for filling the Online Application
- Visit the NOU website at www.nou.nic.in or click on direct link provided above.
- Click on “Online E-Admission Portal For PG/M.Phil./Ph.D Admission Session 2018”.
- Register yourself by filling up your personal information such as Name (as in H.S.C. Certificate), Father’s name, Mother’s name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and e-Mail id.
- After successful registration, you will be directed to the Login Page showing your Application ID and Password.
- DO NOT forget to save your application ID and Password. Note it down for your future reference.
- LOGIN using the application ID and Password issued.
- The Application Form is now ready to be filled up by Candidates.
- On completion of the form, you will be required to upload your Photo and Signature (jpeg/jpg format;5-50 KB), proof of claimed reservation category ( for eg. SC/ST/SEBC, Ex-serviceman, Differently Abled [DA], Outside state ) of maximum size 200KB.
- Candidates can use your Debit/Credit card of any nationalized bank, to pay the application fee.
- Once payment is successful, you will get a payment Receipt after 24 hrs which you have to upload in order to complete the application process.
For Offline application, the filled in application form along with an account payee Bank Draft of Rs.500/- (for P.G.), Rs.600/- (for M.Phil./M.Tech.) and other documents shall reach the office of the undersigned on or before 20.06.2017. All payments shall be made through Bank Draft in favour of the Comptroller of Finance, North Orissa University, payable at Baripada. Applicants shall appear the entrance test as per the date and time mentioned in the Information Brochure available in the University website. No separate Admit card shall be issued by the University for the Entrance Test.
- Download Application Form – Process Over..!!
Documents to be attached with the application Form:
- Account Payee Bank draft
- Copies of Certificates and Mark sheets (From HSC onwards)
- Copy of Caste Certificate/Certificate in claim of the reservation.
- Affix photographs where required.
For Master’s Degree
- Honours graduates at the +3level in the concerned/relevant subject. For Biotechnology, any Honours Graduate in Science with Biology as a subject at +2 level. For SC/ST students eligibility is Honours or Pass graduate in the concerned subject except Self-financing courses.
- Candidates with good academic career securing not less than 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) of marks or equivalent grade at Master’s Degree in the subject from any recognized university are eligible to apply for admission into the course provided they qualify an entrance test followed by an interview.
- For M.Phil. in Computer Science, the qualifying degrees are Master’s Degree in Comp. Sc./ IT / Electronics / Computer Application (MCA)/ Mathematics / Statistics.
- For M.Phil. in Biotechnology, the qualifying degrees are Master’s Degree in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Life Sciences/ Botany/ Zoology/ Marine Biology/ Biosciences/ Environmental Science/ Pharmaceutical Science.
- Candidates qualifying UGC-CSIR-NET/GATE /SLET test and awardees of Teacher Fellowship (TF) from UGC are exempted from the entrance test and shall appear the interview on the date of entrance of the concerned subject as notified. An employed person cannot be admitted unless he/she has been duly relieved by the employer and produce a proof to that effect. Research scholars registered for Ph.D. under North Orissa University can apply for M.Phil. with written permission from their supervisor(s) test, their relative positions on the merit list shall be determined on the basis of their marks in graduation level in the Honours / pass subject
In case of equality of marks in the Honours subject, the relative merit of candidates shall be determined on the basis of their aggregate marks in the degree examination excluding marks in Ancillary and Foundation subjects. In case of pass students the aggregate marks in the degree examination excluding the Ancillary and Foundation subjects will be taken into account for merit list
M.Phil. with written permission from their supervisor(s) and Head of Department. Registered Ph.D. scholars, who are admitted into M.Phil. program are not eligible to submit Ph.D. thesis within one year of completion of M.Phil. Candidates who have already submitted Ph.D. thesis or been awarded Ph.D. degree are not eligible for admission into M.Phil.
Computer Science & Engineering: MCA/M. Sc. in Computer Sc./ Chemistry/ Statistics (with Physics & Mathematics combination in graduation level) / Physics / Mathematics / Mathematics & Computing with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade from any recognized university OR BE / B.Tech.in Computer Sc. / IT/ Electronics / Electrical Engineering with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade from any recognized university.
For Pre-Ph.D. Course
- Master’s Degree holders having secured at least 55% of marks ( 50% for SC & ST candidates) or equivalent grade at Master’s Degree in the subjects mentioned in Point No.3 of Information Brochure of North Orissa University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by North Orissa University are eligible for Ph.D. registration, provided they qualify an Entrance Test followed by an Interview (ET & I).
- For Pre-Ph.D. in Biotechnology, the qualifying Master’s Degree are in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Life Sciences/ Botany/ Zoology/ Marine Biology/ Biosciences/ Environmental Science/ Pharmaceutical Science.
- For Pre-Ph.D. in Life Sciences, the qualifying Master‘s Degree are in any branch of Biological Science and / or allied subjects.
The candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIRNET/GATE/INSPIRE fellowship of DST and awardees for Teachers Fellowship form UGC are exempted from such tests and interviews.
M.Phil. Degree holders in concerned subject, are also exempted from entrance test and interview provided they have been admitted to M.Phil. programme through an entrance test as per UGC guideline, 2009. The candidates have to provide documents in support of this.
For Integrated B.Ed.-M.Ed. course
- A Post Graduate Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities from a recognized institutionswith a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade (as per NCTE norms 2014).
For Pre-Ph.D. Course
- Master’s Degree holders having secured at least 55% of marks ( 50% for SC & ST candidates) or equivalent grade at Master’s Degree in the subjects mentioned in Point No.3 of Information Brochure of North Orissa University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by North Orissa University are eligible for Ph.D. registration, provided they qualify an Entrance Test followed by an Interview (ET & I).For Pre-Ph.D. in Biotechnology, the qualifying Master’s Degree are in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Life Sciences/ Botany/ Zoology/ Marine Biology/ Biosciences/ Environmental Science/ Pharmaceutical Science.For Pre-Ph.D. in Life Sciences, the qualifying Master‘s Degree are in any branch of Biological Science and / or allied subjects.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIRNET/GATE/INSPIRE fellowship of DST and awardees for Teachers Fellowship form UGC are exempted from such tests and interviews.
- M.Phil. Degree holders in concerned subject, are also exempted from entrance test and interview provided they have been admitted to M. Phil. programme through an entrance test as per UGC guideline, 2009. The candidates have to provide documents in support of this.
Subject to eligibility and proof, following categories of reservation of seats will be made
- SC and ST: As per Govt. of Odisha norms.
- Differently Abled: Five percent (5%) of seats shall be reserved for persons with disabilities (PWD) not below (40%) as recommended by Medical Board
- Ex-Serviceman (ESM), Serving Defense Personnel (SDP), Children of Martyrs (COM) – 1% of the sanctioned seats will be reserved for self/children/wife/Husband of Ex-Serviceman, Serving Defense Personnel, and the children of martyrs.
- NCC/NSS/Rover & Ranger: Weightage be given as per Higher Education Department Letter No.10161/HE-PTC-SAMS-0006-2017 dated 6th April 2018.
Official Website: www.nou.nic.in
For more detail of North Orissa University Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.