Ravenshaw, one of the premier educational institutions in the country, was established in 1868 in Cuttack, Odisha. After one hundred and forty years of eventful existence, it was converted into Ravenshaw University by an Act of the State Legislature on November 15, 2006. Thus, as one of the heritage educational institutions, and as a young university, Ravenshaw is a veritable blend of the old and the new.
Ravenshaw University Admission 2017 – Ravenshaw University, Cuttack has issued notification for various UG, PG, MBA, MPhil, PhD programme for the academic year 2017-18. At present, the University has 29 Departments falling under 9 Schools. 25 Undergraduate Honours programmes and 29 Postgraduate courses are offered. Most of the Departments offer research degrees leading to M.Phil. and Ph.D./D.Sc./D.Litt. degrees. Some of these courses are Professional Courses and are offered in a self-financing mode. Get here complete details of Ravenshaw University Admission 2017 like courses, application process, eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure etc.
- Undergraduate Programme (B.A / BBA / IMBA, B.Com.B.Sc.(IST), B.Sc.(ITM), B.Sc.)
- Postgraduate Programme (MBA, Part-Time MBA and other courses)
- M.Phil Programme
- Ph.D Programme
Schedule of Ravenshaw University Admission 2017 is given below.
|Courses||Last date of Application Form||Date of Exam|
|Undergradaute||17 Jun 2017||–|
|Postgraduate||15 May 2017||22 to 27 May 2017|
|PG – MBA||15 May 2017||20 May 2017|
|PG – Part Time MBA||15 May 2017||21 May 2017|
|M.Phil||15 May 2017|
|Ph.D||15 May 2017||25-27 May 2017|
Click here for Postgraduate Programme Complete Exam Schedule.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Programme
- For B.A / BBA/ IMBA – 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary) without the mark in extra optional, if any
- For B.Com.– 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in Compulsory English in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary) without the mark in extra optional, if any
- For B.Sc.(IST)– 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary Science) without the mark in extra optional, if any or Three year Diploma in Engineering (with 50% marks) from an institution recognized by State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training, Odisha
- For B.Sc.(ITM)– 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary (+2) Science with mathematics as a subject) without the mark in extra optional, if any or Three year Diploma in Engineering (with 50% marks) from an institution recognized by State Council of Technical Education and Vocational Training, Odisha.
- For B.Sc. – 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary) without the mark in extra optional, if any. However, a student without Mathematics as optional subject cannot apply for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics Honours and a student without Biology as optional subject cannot apply for Botany or Zoology Honours.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Programme
A student who was earlier admitted/ has passed one Postgraduate course in one subject from Ravenshaw University will not be allowed to apply for admission into another Undergraduate/ Postgraduate course in this University. If any such violation is detected later, the admission will stand cancelled
- Admission into Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Commerce, Applied Geography, Economics, Education, English, Hindi, History, Odia, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology and Sanskrit require second class honours with minimum 50% marks in the concerned subject
- Statistics: Either Statistics or Mathematics as a subject with minimum 50% mark in the undergraduate level.
- Biotechnology: Honours in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry or any other subject relating to Life Sciences with minimum 50% marks.
- Computer Science and Information Technology Management (ITM): Honours in Computer Science / ITM / IST or B.Tech. in Computer Science/ IT / Electronics / BCA with minimum 50% marks.
- Electronics and Telecommunication (ETC): Honours in Electronics/ IST/ ITM/ Computer Science/ IT/ Physics/ Mathematics or B.Tech. in Electronics/ Computer Science/ IT or Equivalent with minimum 50% marks.
- Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC): Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours).
- Part-time MBA: Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours) and two years of working experience after graduation.
- Rural Development: Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours).
- International Studies: Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in honours or 50% in aggregate (for students having no honours).
- Entrepreneurship: Second class with minimum 50% marks in B.Com Honours.
Eligibility for M.Phil & Ph.D
- Candidates for admission to the M.Phil./Ph.D programme should have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Undergraduate Programme: Admission shall be made on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent). Separate merit list will be prepared for each Honours subject.
The merit list for admission into PG courses will be prepared on the basis of performance of the candidate in the entrance test only. In case of a tie the following conditions will be applied in order of preference.
- Total number of correct answers secured.
- Total number of questions attempted.
For MBA, A candidate may; (i) write Ravenshaw Management Aptitude Test (RMAT) or (ii) submit score card of CAT 2016/ XAT 2017/MAT 2016-17/CMAT 2016-17/ATMA 2016-17. A candidate of category (ii), if so desires, may choose to write RMAT at no extra cost. After this preliminary screening, shortlisted candidates will have to appear at Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
For Part-time MBA, the selection is based on the performance in Personal Interview (PI).
M.Phil & Ph.D Programme
The merit list for M.Phil / Ph.D Courses will be prepared on the basis of the following criteria.
- The University shall admit M.Phil. / Ph.D students through a two stage process called Research Eligibility Test (RET), consisting of a written test and an admission interview. The qualifying marks of the written test and admission interview shall be 50%, separately. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% from research methodology and 50% from the subject concerned (based on the PG level course of Ravenshaw University).
- The admission interview/viva-voce for M.Phil. / Ph.D will be conducted through a presentation before a duly constituted DRC.
- The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research; the research work can be suitably undertaken at the department; the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- Questions for M.Phil / Ph.D entrance examination will be Objective/ Subjective/ both objective and subjective.
- Time duration of entrance examination will be 2 hours. Full Marks is 100 and there is no negative marking.
For Detailed Information regarding Ravenshaw University Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure