Utkal University PG Admission 2018-19 will be granted on the basis of Entrance Test to be conducted by the University. The candidates qualifying the Utkal University Entrance Test shall get admission to the PG Regular & Sponsered Courses offered by the university under various disciplines. Candidates shall read all the information about Utkal University PG Admission 2018-19, Application Form, Entrance Test, Admit Card etc. on this page.
Utkal University PG Admission / Entrance Test 2018-19
The admissions for the Utkal University PG courses has been started. Candidates seeking admission to the PG courses in Utkal University has now required to register and appear in the Utkal University Entrance Test 2018-19. The schedule of activities for the Utkal University PG Admission 2018-19 is provided as under.
Schedule of Utkal University for PG and sponsored courses 2018-19.
|Start date of online application form||05 Apr 2018|
|Last date of submission of online application form||03 May 2018|
|Last date of submission of hard copy of application form||20 Jun to 03 Jul 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||06 to 15 May 2018|
|Publication of Result||10 Jul 2018|
Schedule of Utkal University for M. Phil. and Ph. D. sponsored courses 2018-19.
|Start date of online application form||05 Apr 2018|
|Last date of submission of online application form||20 Jun 2018 – for M.Phil
25 Jun 2018 – for P.hD
|Last date of submission of hard copy of application form||07 Jul 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||11 Jul 2018 – for M.Phil
13 Jul 2018 – For PhD
The result of the entrance examination has been published on the e-admission portal. The final merit list will be published based on the career marking and the marks secured in the entrance examination. Candidates who will appear in the examination can now check their result from the link provided below.
Result: Click here to check the result of entrance test for various courses.
The mode of application for Utkal University PG Admission 2018-19 is online and the application forms are available on the official portal of Utkal University. The desirous candidates shall pay the requisite application fee first and then proceed to fill the online application form. After the online submission, the printout of the filled application form shall also be sent to the University otherwise the candidate will not be able to appear for the Utkal University PG Entrance Test 2018-19. To access the online application form for Utkal University Admission, use the direct link which will be provided below.
Application Process is over now!
Instructions for Application Form
Step 1 – Procedure of e-Admission 2018
- The applications for admission into P.G. programmes of Utkal University are available for interested applicants who have passed/ appearing graduation from the universities/institutions of India or its equivalent.
- The candidate has to fill up online application form for appearing the entrance test at www.utkaluniversity.nic.in on or before its last date and the hard copy of the same Application along with the necessary documents must be sent to the respective Head/Course coordinator of the Department(s) either in person or post.
- Before proceeding to fill up the e-application form at www.utkaluniversity.nic.in the candidate must read the (a) procedures of e-admission 2018 along with online submission of application fee, (b) eligibility criteria for admission into different courses, reservation guidelines and all other information available in the Information Bulletin.
- The applicant has to register in the website by giving his/her full name, Department, Course, valid mobile number, e-mail ID, date of birth and the password. After registering, the applicant will receive the SMS and e-mail containing information on registration. Note down the user ID and password for future use and reference.
- Online submission of Application Fee
a. The Application fee will be Rs.600 (Rupees six hundred) to apply for a P.G. course. The Application Fee of Rs.600 (Rupees six hundred) is to be paid separately for each application. If multiple applications are submitted with one application fee, all applications will be rejected and no admit card will be available for appearing the entrance examination for any course. Under no circumstances, the application fee is
b. For payment of application fee, applicant has to go through Payment Gateway (SBI Collect/e-pay) available in the e-application form. After submitting the details, the applicant may go for payment of the application fee of Rs.600 (Rupees six hundred)through credit / debit card / internet banking in any bank. After the payment is confirmed, the applicant will get an e-receipt. Print the e-receipt and have a copy of it with you which will be submitted along with the hard copy of the application. The reference number of the e-receipt will be an input while filling up online application form.
Step 2 – Documents to be submitted along with the hard copy of the filled in application form
- Self-certified photo copies of the following documents are required:
a) Mark sheets and Certificates of all examinations.
b) C.L.C. and Conduct Certificate from the institution last attended.
c) SC/ST Certificate from the competent authority (MP / MLA / Collector / ADM / SDO /
Local Gazetted Revenue Officer not below the rank of Deputy Collector or Tahasildar) by candidates of those categories.
d) PH certificate of physically challenged students and ID card issued by District Welfare
Officer / Community Development Officer / Social Welfare Department of State Government by the physically challenged candidates.
e) Sports and Games Certificate of participation are required for quota and special weightage consideration, from the competent Authority (Director of Sports / Sports Council of the Utkal University) countersigned by the Principal / HOD of the college / department by the candidates interested to apply under the said category.
f) Certificate shall be produced from the Rajya / Zilla Sainik Board by the applicants interested to apply under Ex- / In-service quota. Priority shall be given to applicantsunder Ex-Serviceman quota.
g) Original application fee e-receipt.
h) Three passport size photographs (one to be fixed in the application form and two more copies to be attached with the form).
i) Migration Certificate, if the candidate is not from Utkal University
- After submission of Application Form, the candidate can download the Admit Card and keep a copy of the same for reference. You have to submit the original Admit Card at the centre for Entrance Test.
- Your application will not be considered if the hard copy of your filled in application form along with recent passport size photographs and relevant documents do not reach the Head of the Department before its last date. University will not be held responsible for postal delay in dispatch of the hard copy of the application form to the concerned Head of the Department(s).
- Addresses for different courses are available in the website.
- For any other information
a. Visit University website www.utkaluniversity.nic.in
b. Write to [email protected]
- For Statistics
At least Second class Honours in Statistics/ Mathematics or Second class Honours in any other subject with Statistics/ Mathematics as a pass or elective subject or 50% marks in aggregate for pass candidates having Statistics/Mathematics as optional subject.
- For Anthropology
Candidates with second class Honours in Anthropology or at least second class Honours in other subjects, such as, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Political Science, History and Geography with Anthropology as pass or elective subject with at least 50% marks or Second Class Honours in Zoology, Botany, Biotechnology, Micro- biology and Geology.
- For Geography
Second Class Honours in Geography or Second Class Honours in other subjects with Geography as a Pass Subject at +3 Degree (Arts/Science) Level.
- For P.M.I.R
First qualifying Bachelor’s Degree (except AMIE) with 50% marks in aggregate. Entrance test www.includes G.D. and P.I
- For Library & Information Science
At least 50% marks in aggregate at +3 Degree level. 10 marks shall be added to the career marks for candidates passing B.A. with Library Science as a Pass / Honours subject and for candidates who have qualified one year B.Lib. Inf. Sc.
- For LL.M
50% in LL.B or equivalent law degree (The students appearing LL.B. Final Degree examination are advised to apply before publication of their result for the Entrance Test)
- For Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology
At least Second class Honours in History or second class Honours in other subjects with 50% marks in Archaeology and Museology as a pass subject at the + 3 Degree level.
- For Public Administration
Second class Honours in Public Administration or at least 50% marks in aggregate at +3 Degree level. 5 or 10 marks shall be added to the career marks for candidates passing B.A. with Political Science as pass or Honours subject respectively.
- For Sociology
Second class Honours in Sociology or at least 50% of marks in aggregate with Honours in Anthropology, Political Science, Economics or Psychology.
- For Psychology
Any Graduate having at least 2nd class Honours or at least 50% marks aggregate at +3 Degree level.
- For Biotechnology
Candidates having +3 degree in Physical / Biological Sciences with atleast 55% marks in B.Sc. and Biology / Biotechnology as one of the subjects in +2 level. Out of total 18 seats, 14 (fourteen) students will be selected through JNU common entrance test, New Delhi and 4 (four) students will be selected through Utkal University Entrance Test.
- For Business Administration (MBA)
Bachelor’s degree under any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate (except AMIE) and for SC/ST/PH candidates 45% in aggregate.
- For MCA Programme
Bachelor’s degree under any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics/Statistics as a subject at +2 level (except AMIE) and for SC/ST/PH candidates 45% in aggregate.
The applicant can download the index card and admit card by using the valid login details. The admit card will consist of the few important details of the applicant and the date, time, venue of the entrance examination. SMS and e-mail alert will be sent to the valid mobile number and e-mail id of the applicant. Applicants who will fill the application form on time will only be able to get their admit card.
Selection will be made on the basis of merit determined as per the following criteria:
- Admission to the P.G. courses shall be on the basis of 50% career and 50% entrance test.
- For admission into P.G. Course in Psychology the main relevant Honours subject is Psychology whereas other Honours subjects are to be treated as allied Honours subjects. Career marks shall be awarded for relevant Honours subject only.
- For admission into LL.M:
(i) 60% weightage for career up to Bachelor’s Degree and 40% weightage for LL.B (First Class – 40, Second Class – 25) for assessing career marks (50%).
(ii) The weightage of entrance test will be 50% like any other P.G. Courses.
- For admission into PMIR 40% weightage for career, 40% for written test and 20% weightage for G.D. & P.I.
Official Website: www.utkaluniversity.nic.in
For detailed information about Utkal University PG Admission – Download 2018 Information Brochure.