Sambalpur University Admission 2021 are organized by the Sambalpur University to admit students into various PG Regular and Self-financing courses under different disciplines. Sambalpur University Application Form, Prospectus, and other relevant details are available here. Candidates are advised to apply online for Sambalpur University PG Admission 2021. The selection of candidates for admission to the said courses shall be based on the performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test. Get all the details about the Sambalpur University Admission 2021, Application Form, Entrance Test, Admit Card, etc on this page.
Latest: Sambalpur University has released application form for MPA Course Admission 2021. Scroll down to check it.
Sambalpur University Admission 2021
The Admission to various PG courses offered at Sambalpur University will open as per the schedule for the academic year 2021-22. The candidates seeking admission to the same will have to take part in the admission process. The admissions will be open for both Regular and Self-Financing courses.
Important Dates for P.G.(S.F.) and MPA Course Admission for Academic Session 2021-22
|Online filling up of application form||02 Aug 2021|
|Last date of submission of application online||14 Aug 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||20 Aug 2021|
|Entrance Test||23 Aug-3 Sep 2021 (27 & 29 Aug no test)|
|Handing over the entrance marks to OCAC by the |
Entrance Examination Conducting University by:
|13 Seo 2021|
|Publication of subject-wise and State-wide merit list||12 Oct 2021|
Sambalpur University Admission 2021 Application Form
The application process for the Sambalpur University Admission 2021 has been available online. The candidates have to submit the application first and after the online registration, the candidates have to send the hard copy to the university also. After submitting the application online, the candidate has to take a printout of this page and sends/submits the same, along with the following documents to the Course Coordinator of (Name of the subject), (Name of the Dept.) Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar-768019, Sambalpur (ODISHA) on or before the date of Entrance Test.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the Application Form for Sambalpur University Admission 2021.
Application Fee – The candidate should deposit Rs.750/- as processing fee through State Bank Collect. The procedure for depositing the processing fee is as follows: deposit the processing fee of Rs.750/- online using State Bank Collect facility. Fees can be deposited using Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking facility of any Bank besides visiting any SBI branch to deposit by cash or cheque drawn on any SBI Branch
Prior to filing the application, please scan and keep the following materials ready:
- Keep a soft copy of your Passport Size Photograph (Maximum dimension of 300×400 px. and size of 50kB), to upload with the form
- Candidate’s full signature. Please use only jpg/jpeg format for photo and signature.
- List of supporting documents (Class 10th onwards Marksheets and Certificates, Caste, PH, NCC, Ex-Serviceman, Serving Defence Personnel, Children of Martyrs Certificates).
Note: Application incomplete in any manner shall be rejected.
Sambalpur University Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate should have passed 3 year Degree Examination in Arts/Science/Commerce/Law (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./LLB) from Sambalpur University or any equivalent examination from a UGC recognized University. He or she is required to obtain Honours in the concerned subject or at least 45% in aggregate in the same examination where the said subject is a “Pass” subject.
- Candidates, who have appeared at the qualifying examinations and the results thereof awaited, are also eligible to apply. However, they have to submit the Provisional Certificate and Mark sheet of the qualifying examination within ten days after the publication of the result of Sambalpur University or on the date of entrance test whichever is later, otherwise their cases for selection shall not be considered.
- A candidate, who already possess a P.G. Degree shall not be eligible to take admission in the same or any other P.G. Degree / P.G. Diploma / Certificate Courses in the University. However, this condition is not applied for M.Tech. Courses.
Click here to know the eligibility criteria in detail.
Sambalpur University Admission 2021 Admit Card
The Admit Card for the Sambalpur University Entrance Test 2021 will be available online. The candidates will be able to download the Admit Card from the official portal of Sambalpur University as per the schedule.
How to download Sambalpur University Admit Card?
- Visit the official link to download the Sambalpur University Admit Card 2021.
- Enter the Date of Birth, Mobile No. and any one of Roll Number or Application Number or Old Roll Number.
- Click the Login button to reach the applicant dashboard.
- Look for the ‘Download Admit Card’ link and click the same
- Admit card will be showed. Verify the details
- Save and Print the Admit card to appear in the Entrance Test.
|Regular Courses||Self Financing Courses|
|Anthropology||M Sc in Biotechnology|
|Business Administration||Executive M.B.A.|
|Centre for Foreign Languages||MBA (Financial Management)|
|Chemistry||Master of Social Work (MSW)|
|Computer Sc. & Application||M.Tech in Environmental Science & Engg|
|Earth Science||M.Sc. in Applied Chemistry|
|Environmental Science||M.Tech. in Food Science & Technology|
|English||M.Sc. in Food Science|
|Economics||M.Tech. in Geospatial Technology|
|Hindi||MBA in Rural Management|
|History||MA in Sanskrit|
|Home Science||M.Sc. Medical Physics|
|Law||M.Sc. in Microbiology|
|Library & Information Science||M.Sc. in Food Sc. & Nutrition|
|Life Sciences||M. Tech. in Safty, Health and Environmental Technology|
|Odia||M.Tech. in Geospatial Technology|
|Performing Arts||MBA (Agri Business)|
|Physics||P.G. Diploma in Bioinformatics|
|Political Science & Public Administration||M.Sc in Bioinformatics|
Sambalpur University Admission 2021 Selection Procedure
For PG Regular Course
Admission cannot be claimed as a matter of right. Selection for admission into different Courses shall be done through the Written Entrance Test (with coding and decoding system) and Career Mark with 70% and 30% weightage, respectively. The absence of a candidate in the written test shall disqualify him/her for admission. The written test will cover Honours syllabi of the subject in the qualifying examination of Sambalpur University.
The list of selected candidates in order of merit for admission into different courses, subject to reservations, shall be prepared strictly on the basis of marks secured in the Entrance Test / MAT score / Career Marks / Performance Test & Experience in Performing Arts.
For Self-financing Course
Selection will be based on career (30 marks) and written (70 marks). Specific criteria for some courses have been prescribed later under the course features. Wherever specific criteria is not mentioned, the formula for calculating career marks (out of 30) for admission shall be as follows:
H.S.C.E.: 1st Divn.-6 2nd Divn.-4.5 3rd Divn/Pass.-3
+2: 1st Divn.-9 2nd Divn.-7 3rd Divn/Pass.-5
+3(Honours): Marks secured in Honours Subject X 15 Maximum Marks in Honours Subject
+3(Pass): Aggregate Marks secured X 12 Maximum Marks
Documents Required for Admission
Admission to different Self-financing Course will be made by post and not in person. The selected candidates must send the following documents by Registered Post for admission to the Course Coordinators of the concerned Self-financing Courses.
- College Leaving Certificate in original from the Institution last attended;
- Conduct Certificate in original from the Institution last attended;
- Original Mark Sheet/Certificates of all examinations starting from H.S.C.E. to last qualifying examination. (In case of +3 Examination, Mark sheet of First Examination and Final Examination are to be submitted separately, if detailed marks are not provided in the final mark sheet).
- Migration Certificate in original for the candidate from other University.
- Two attested passport size colour photographs.
- Original Income Certificate (In respect of female candidates claiming concession in tuition fee).
- Original Caste Certificate for SC/ST candidates.
- Required fees specified in the Intimation Letter.
Sambalpur University Admission 2021 Intake Capacity
The candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the Entrance Test. Intimation to the selected candidates will be sent by the concerned Department through Registered Post / Speed Post / E-mail and will be notified in the Department Notice Boards. Below is given the intake capacity of the colleges in different subjects.
Click here to find the intake capacity of different subjects in different colleges.
Sambalpur University Admission 2021 Reservation
22.5% and 16.25% of seats in each course are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes respectively. The reserved seats are not interchangeable between SCs and STs and the reserved seats lying vacant after 3 rd Phase of Admission shall be de-reserved and opened to all categories of applicants.
Official Website: suniv.ac.in
For more details about Sambalpur University Admission 2021, candidates can – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.