Sambalpur University Admission 2017 are organized by the Sambalpur University to admit students into various PG Regular and Self-financing courses under different disciplines. Sambalpur University Application Form, Prospectus, and other relevant details are available here. Candidates are advised to apply online for Sambalpur University PG Admission 2017. The selection of candidates for admission to the said courses shall be based on the performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test. Get all the details about the Sambalpur University Admission 2017, Application Form, Entrance Test, Admit Card etc on this page.
Latest: Application form is available online for Sambalpur University PG Admission 2017
Sambalpur University Admission 2017
The Admission to various PG courses offered at Sambalpur University is open for the academic year 2017-18. The candidates seeking admission to the same must take part in the admission process. The admissions are open for both Regular and Self-Financing courses. It may be noted that the process of admission shall be held as per the schedule provided below.
Schedule of activities for Sambalpur University Admission 2017
|Filling up of Online Application Form||24 Apr 2017|
|Last Date of online submission||08 Jun 2017|
|Last date of submission of Hard Copy of application||14 Jun 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||17 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Exam||19 – 28 Jun 2017|
The application process for the Sambalpur University Admission 2017 is online. The candidates have to submit the application first and after the online registration, the candidates have to send the hard copy to the university also. The complete application procedure is briefed as under. To apply online for Sambalpur University Admission 2017, use the links provided below.
Apply online for Sambalpur University Admission 2017
Application Fee – Rs 500/-
Instructions for Application Form
Step – 1 – Payment of Application Fee
- Firstly, the candidates are required to submit the application fee through the SB Collect. Use the direct link given above to pay the application fee.
- Accept the disclaimer clause and click on “Proceed”.
- Select the payment category from the drop down as “P.G. Admission – 2017-18.
- Before filling in the challan, read the Payment Details/Structure Document carefully and ascertain the fees amount applicable to you.
- Fill in the challan with required information as asked for or select from the drop down options wherever available.
- Take adequate care while filling in (a) Name (b) Date of Birth & (c) Mobile Number as asked for in the lower part of the screen. This information is important to reprint the e-Receipt subsequent to any successful payment.Eligibility Criteria
- Once required data is filled in click on ‘Submit’. The system will ask you to verify the details entered and confirm the transaction on the next page.
- Verify the details and click on ‘Confirm’. The system will request you to select the desired payment mode from various options. Please note that the bank charges for various payment modes are also displayed which is to be borne by the remitter.
- Carefully examine the charges displayed since the charges for different payment mode are different.
- Select the desired payment mode. Now the system will guide the remitter through the payment process. Once the payment is completed successfully one e-Receipt is generated containing a Reference Number in PDF format.
- Take a printout. You may also save this optionally for future reference. The e-Receipt can also be regenerated/reprinted afterwards from ‘Payment History’ link of ‘State Bank Collect’.
Step – 2 – Fill Application Form
- The candidate should then register himself/ herself using the above link by providing Course, Name, Email Id, SB Collect ref no. etc.
- The candidates can then fill up the form online. After completion of all the fields in the form, the candidates should click the “submit” button.
- Thereafter a page will open with all the information of the candidate that he/she has filled in.
- The candidate then has to take a printout of this page and send/submit it to the respective
Head of P.G. Department,
Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar – 768019,
- List of the documents to be enclosed with application form.
- Two recent passport size colour photographs of the candidate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Attested copies of the Mark sheets and Certificates of all examinations starting from H.S.C for determining eligibility.
- Applicants for MBA course have to submit MAT Score and the MAT validation date. This does not apply to non-MAT candidates who will appear in the entrance test conducted by the Department.
- University copy of Bank Challan of Rs.500/- in original towards payment of processing fee.
- An attested copy of the certificate from CDMO regarding his/her disability for 50% and more (in case of Physically Handicapped Candidates).
- An attested copy of the Caste Certificate obtained from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of a Deputy Collector or MLA or MP or DWO, in absence of which the candidate will not be eligible to get concession allowed under reserved categories.
- The undertaking form(s) should be duly filled in and signed by the applicant and his/her father or natural guardian.
- The envelope containing the application complete in all respect must be superscribed “Application for Admission in [Subject] course”
Note : Application incomplete in any manner shall be rejected.
- A candidate should have passed 3 year Degree Examination in Arts/Science/Commerce/Law (B.A / B.Sc / B.Com / LLB) from Sambalpur University or any equivalent examination from the UGC recognised University. He or She is required to obtain Honours in the concerned subject or 45% in aggregate in the same examination where the said subject is a “Pass” subject.
- Candidates, who have appeared for the qualifying examinations and the results thereof awaited are also eligible to apply. However, they have to submit the Provisional Certificate and Marksheet of the qualifying examination within ten days after publication of results of Sambalpur University, or on any date during the Entrance Test schedule whichever is later, otherwise their cases for selection shall not be considered.
|Regular Courses||Self Financing Courses|
|Political Science & Public Admin.||M.Sc. in Bio-Technology|
|Physics||MBA (Financial Management)|
|Chemistry||Master of Social Work (MSW)|
|Mathematics||M.Tech in Environmental Science & Engg|
|Life Sciences||M.Sc. in Applied Chemistry|
|History||M.Tech. in Food Science & Technology|
|English||M.Sc. in Food Science|
|Economics||M.Tech. in Geospatial Technology|
|Lib. & Inf. Science||MBA in Rural Management|
|Earth Sciences(Applied Geology)|
The Admit Card for the Sambalpur University Entrance Test 2017 will available online. The candidates can download the Admit Card from the official portal of Sambalpur University. The direct link to download the Admit Card has also been provided here for the convenience of the candidates.
Download Sambalpur University Admit Card 2017 here
- Link to download admit card will be made available here!!!
How to download Sambalpur University Admit Card?
- Visit the official link to download the Sambalpur University Admit Card 2017 as given above.
- Enter the Email, SBI Collect Reference No. as obtained at the time of fee payment.
- Enter the password as generated at the time of registration.
- Click the Login button to reach the applicant dashboard
- Look for the ‘Download Admit Card’ link and click the same
- Admit card will be showed. Verify the details
- Save and Print the Admit card to appear in the Entrance Test
Written Test for admission shall not be conducted where the number of applicants is less than the sanctioned strength. In that case only Viva-Voce shall be conducted. The schedule of the Entrance Examination for Regular and Self Financing courses as given below.
Exam Schedule for PG Regular courses
Exam Schedule for PG Self Financing courses
The Result of the Sambalpur University Admission 2017 will be declared after the careful checking of the answer sheets of the candidates. The candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the Entrance Test. The selected candidates will be intimidated by Registered Post / Speed Post and will be notified in Departmental Notice Boards. The list of selected candidates is also expected to be released online on the official website of Sambalpur University.
We will also provide the direct link to check Result of Sambalpur University Written Test here on this page as and when it is released.