NIMCET 2020 – Last date to fill the application form has been extended upto April 07, 2020. The National Institute of Technology (NIT Raipur) had released the NIMCET 2020 application form on March 06, 2020. NIT Raipur is going to conduct the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) this year. NIMCET 2020 is a National Level Entrance Exam for all the candidates who want to get admission into their MCA Programme. Candidates can apply for NIMCET 2020 as per the eligibility criteria. Candidates are selected on the basis of the Rank obtained in the entrance exam. Learn more about NIMCET 2020 from this page.
Latest : NIMCET 2020 application form last date has been extended and the form is still available. Click here to apply.
Candidates have to fill out the application form and submit the fee via online mode only. The institute verifies the Application form thoroughly and rejects the eligible candidates. So you must apply for NIMCET 2020 as per the eligibility Criteria. Check out the important dates related to NIMCET 2020 below:
|NIMCET 2020||Important Dates|
|NIMCET 2020 Application Form release date||06 Mar 2020 (10 :00 am)|
|Last date to fill out the Application Form|
|NIMCET 2020 Admit Card release date|
|Last date to download NIMCET 2020 Admit Card|
|NIMCET 2020 Exam Date|
|NIMCET 2020 Result Declaration|
|Choice Filling Starts on||15 – 19 Jun 2020|
|First Round of Allotment|
|First round of Remote reporting in person in the Participating NIT’S|
|Second Round of Allotment and Upgradation|
|Second round of Remote reporting in person|
|Third round of Allotment and Upgradation|
|Third round of reporting in person at the allotted institute and Surrendering the allotted seats by those who do not wish to join the allotted institute, but wish to participate in the final round of allotment.|
|Announcement of vacant seats|
|Fresh Choice Filling starts on|
|Final round of allotment|
|Final round of reporting at allotted institute|
NIMCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates don’t have to send the NIMCET 2020 application form at NIT Raipur. The process of filling the application form and submitting is online. Candidates have to submit the Application Fee online after filling out the Application form. You can check out the NIMCET 2020 Application fee from below.
- For General, EWS and OBC Category candidates: Rs. 2500
- For SC/ ST/ PwD Category candidates: Rs. 1250/-
Note: The application fee is non – refundable. The institute verifies the application form thoroughly of the candidates after which it issues the Admit Card online. Candidates who are found ineligible cannot appear for the exam.
NIMCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check out the Eligibility Criteria before applying for NIMCET 2020 as the institute does not allow the eligible candidates to appear for the entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for NIMCET 2020 is given below.
- B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc. (Computer Science/ Computer Applications) of minimum three years full-time from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects OR
- B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET-2019. Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted. (CGPA other than 10-point scale will be converted to 10-point scale based on Unitary method)
- Students who have completed/completing B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST).
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check out the syllabus for NIMCET 2020 below.
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus for Mathematics
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear /quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus for Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
The questions in this section will cover logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus for Computer Awareness
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices. • Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus for General English
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics: Comprehension, vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), word power, synonyms and antonyms, meaning of words and phrases, technical writing.
NIMCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check out the NIMCET 2020 exam pattern below:
- Duration of the Exam: The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- Mode of the Exam: The mode of the Exam is Offline mode.
- Language of the Question Paper: English only
- Type of Questions: There are Multiple Choice Based Questions (MCQs)
- Total Number of Questions: 120 MCQs
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 4 Marks. There is a negative marking of 1 Marks.
Distribution of Questions in each section of NIMCET Question Paper:
|Name of the section||Number of questions|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40 Questions|
|Computer Awareness||10 Questions|
|General English||20 Questions|
NIMCET 2020 Test Centres
Candidates have to select any of the 3 Test centres in the application form as per their preference. You can check the Test Centres and their respective codes below:
NIMCET 2020 Admit Card
The National Institute of Technology (NIT Raipur) releases the NIMCET 2020 Admit Card online. It releases on the official website – nimcet.in. Candidates can download their Admit card by login with their Registered Email Id and Password. It is mandatory to carry NIMCET 2020 admit card along with a Blue/ black ballpoint pen to the exam centre on the exam day. Before you download the NIMCET 2020 Admit card, you must check out the details mentioned in it carefully. The same are given below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Address of the Candidate
- Exam Date and Schedule
- Photograph and Signature of the Candidate
- General Instructions
NIMCET 2020 Result
The NIT Raipur releases the result in the form of a rank card. Candidates receives an email regarding the release of result along with it the candidate is also provided with the link of filling the choices in the same email. Candidates must not forget to take the print of the scorecard or rank card. After the declaration of the result the counselling is conducted.
NIMCET 2020 Seat Matrix
Candidates who are appearing for the NIMCET 2020 can check the seat matrix as per the participating institutes. Candidates can check for the reference purpose by clicking on the link given below.
For NIMCET 2020 Seat Matrix click here
NIMCET 2020 Counselling
The NIMCET 2020 Application form is common for the NIMCET 2020 Entrance Test, Counselling and admission at NIT Raipur. You don’t have to apply separately to the NIT for admission to MCA programme. The counselling/ seat allotment of the candidates are done by the following steps:
- First step is to fill in the Choice of colleges where the candidates wish to apply for admission. Candidates have to login with their Registered email Id and password to fill the choices.
- The duration for filling the choices is of a short period of time. After the specific time period, candidates cannot change their preferences.
- The allotment of the seat is done on the basis of the rank of the candidate and preferred colleges locked by the candidate.
- Candidates have two options after the first and second round of allotments – a) To finalise the seat allotted to them and join the institute allotted to them. b) To appear for the next round of counselling in order to get a seat in their higher preference choices of the institutes.
National Institutes of Technology (NIT) is of National Importance under MHRD, Government of India. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) is conducted by NIT Raipur. NIMCET 2019 was conducted by NIT Karnataka, Surathkal. It is a National level entrance exam for all the eligible candidates who want to get admission to the MCA Programme. The admission is done on the basis of the Rank obtained by the candidates in the exam.
Official Website: nimcet.in
For more infromation related to NIMCET 2020 Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.