Panjab University (PU) UIAMS MET- University Institute of Applied Management Sciences (UIAMS) conducts the exam for admission in Master of Business Administration Programmes as MBA (Retail Management), MBA (Banking and Insurance Mgt.), MBA (IT & Telecommunications Mgt.), MBA (Infrastructure Management), MBA (Pharmaceutical Management), MBA (Hospital Management). Interested and eligible MBA aspirants could fill and submit application form of PU UIAMS MET. The admission to all the mentioned courses takes place on the basis of the marks obtained in the Management Entrance Test and on the basis of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. A candidate can scroll through this page to have a clear understanding of PU UIAMS MET.
Panjab University (PU) UIAMS MET
The candidates who qualifies the entrance exam be able to get admission in the colleges affiliated by Punjab University. The exam usually be of the Multiple Choice based.The exam is in the English Language only. Candidates who satisfies the eligibility criteria can apply for it. The final selection is based on the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
Panjab University (PU) UIAMS MET Eligibility Criteria
The management courses in Panjab University has a duration of 2 years in other words, every course has 4 semesters. The information given below can be checked to know about the details of various management courses:
MBA (Retail Management) and MBA (Banking and Insurance Management)
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a recognised University with not less than 50%* marks in the aggregate.
- Should have passed the final examination conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India .
- Should have minimum 50% marks in AMIE examination or passed the Diploma with 60% marks and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience.
MBA (Information Technology & Telecommunications Management) and MBA (Infrastructure Management)
- Candidates who wants to apply for this course should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognised University with minimum 50% aggregate.
- They Should have a Bachelor’s degree in any Science subject with Physics and/or Mathematics from recognised University with at least 50% aggregate.
- They should possess a Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA) from any recognised University having minimum 50% aggregate.
- They should have minimum 50% marks in AMIE examination or passed the Diploma with 60% marks and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience.
MBA (Pharmaceutical Management)
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy with at least 50% aggregate from a well recognised University.
- Candidates should have done MBBS from a Panjab University or of any other University recognized by Panjab University with minimum 50% aggregate.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any Science subject from recognised University with atleast 50% aggregate and Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognised University.
MBA (Hospital Management)
Candidates should have a MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BDS/ B. Pharmacy/ B.Sc (Nursing)/ Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) Degree from a well recognised University with 50% aggregate.
The selection for these courses is made on the basis of merit list of combined score secured Management Entrance Test (MET), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The number of candidates to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be eight times the total number of seats of all these courses in each category.
The entrance test comprises of Multiple Choice Questions which will carry 85% weightage in which the questions will be asked on following topics:
- General Knowledge
- Economics and Business Environment Awareness
- Data interpretation and problem solving
- Numerical Ability
- Verbal Ability/ Reasoning
- English Comprehension
About Punjab University
Panjab University is a public university located in Chandigarh, India. It originated in 1882 as the University of the Punjab, but was established in 1947 after the partition of India, where the university was split between Pakistan and India.The main campus at Chandigarh is spread over 550 acres in sectors 14 and 25, the teaching area is in the north-east, with the Central Library, Fine Arts Museum, and three-winged structure of the Gandhi Bhawan forming its core; the sports complex, the health centre, student centre and the shopping centre in the middle. It offers the various courses in their campus like M.Phill, Law, Engineering and Technology , MBA and many more. An institute of the Panjab University, offers education, training, research and consultancy in the field of hospitality, tourism, travel and allied sectors. This institute was established in the year 2009 under the faculty of Business Management and Commerce.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.