University Institute of Applied Management Sciences (UIAMS) conducts the exam for admission in Master of Business Administration Programmes as MBA (Retail Management), MBA (Banking and Insurance Mgt.), MBA (IT & Telecommunications Mgt.), MBA (Infrastructure Management), MBA (Pharmaceutical Management), MBA (Hospital Management). Interested and eligible MBA aspirants could fill and submit application form of PU UIAMS MET. The admission to all the mentioned courses takes place on the basis of the marks obtained in the Management Entrance Test and on the basis of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. A candidate can scroll through this page to have a clear understanding of PU UIAMS MET.
Panjab University (PU) UIAMS MET
The procedure to apply for the examination is done only through online mode on the official website of Punjab University. Application form will be available at the official website. Candidates should keep one thing in mind which is that if they have to fill the application form, they must register themselves and then filling the application form will be the next step. Candidates can check the important events and dates from the table given below:
|PU UIAMS MET Entrance Examination||3rd week of Mar 2019|
Panjab University (PU) UIAMS MET Eligibility Criteria
The management courses in Panjab University has a duration of 2 years in other words, every course has 4 semesters. The information given below can be checked to know about the details of various management courses:
MBA (Retail Management) and MBA (Banking and Insurance Management)
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a recognised University with not less than 50%* marks in the aggregate.
- Should have passed the final examination conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India .
- Should have minimum 50% marks in AMIE examination or passed the Diploma with 60% marks and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience.
MBA (Information Technology & Telecommunications Management) and MBA (Infrastructure Management)
- Candidates who wants to apply for this course should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognised University with minimum 50% aggregate.
- They Should have a Bachelor’s degree in any Science subject with Physics and/or Mathematics from recognised University with at least 50% aggregate.
- They should possess a Bachelor’s in Computer Applications (BCA) from any recognised University having minimum 50% aggregate.
- They should have minimum 50% marks in AMIE examination or passed the Diploma with 60% marks and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience.
MBA (Pharmaceutical Management)
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy with at least 50% aggregate from a well recognised University.
- Candidates should have done MBBS from a Panjab University or of any other University recognized by Panjab University with minimum 50% aggregate.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any Science subject from recognised University with atleast 50% aggregate and Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognised University.
MBA (Hospital Management)
Candidates should have a MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BDS/ B. Pharmacy/ B.Sc (Nursing)/ Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) Degree from a well recognised University with 50% aggregate.
The selection for these courses is made on the basis of merit list of combined score secured Management Entrance Test (MET), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). he number of candidates to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be eight times the total number of seats of all these courses in each category.
The entrance test comprises of Multiple Choice Questions which will carry 85% weightage in which the questions will be asked on following topics:
- General Knowledge
- Economics and Business Environment Awareness
- Data interpretation and problem solving
- Numerical Ability
- Verbal Ability/ Reasoning
- English Comprehension
The total number of seats available in each category for PU UIAMS MET can be checked from the data given below: