UPCATET 2021 – Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture & Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET) 2021 will be conducted on June 16-17, 2021. UPCATET is an entrance test conducted by Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur. The entrance test is conducted for the admission in various programs at UG, PG, and Research levels. Based on the performance of the candidates, admission is sought into the Uttar Pradesh State Agricultural Universities. Check more information about UPCATET 2021 from this page such as admit card, exam pattern, counseling process, etc.
– UPCATET 2021 Last date to apply has been extended. Scroll down to check notice.
– UPCATET 2021 Application Form has been started. Click here to apply.
After qualifying UPCATET, the candidates can take admission in the courses like B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.) Horticulture, B.Tech (Biotechnology), B.Tech (Dairy Technology), M.Sc (Agriculture), M.Sc (Horticulture), Ph.D Agriculture etc. Check the schedule for UPCATET 2021 from the table below.
|UPCATET 2021||Important Dates|
|Release date of the UPCATET 2021 Application Form||20 Feb 2021|
|Last date to Fill the Application Form|
30 Apr 2021
|Last date to pay the Application Fee|
01 May 2021
|Application Form Correction|
03 – 05 May 2021
|Release date of the UPCATET 2021 Admit Card||01 Jun 2021|
|UPCATET 2021 Exam Dates||16 – 17 Jun 2021|
|Declaration of UPCATET 2021 Result||30 Jun 2021|
|UPCATET 2021 GD & PI||to be announced|
|Counselling Schedule||Check Here|
UPCATET 2021 Date Extended Notice
- Click here to download the above notice.
UPCATET 2021 Application Form
The application form for UPCATET 2021 has been released in the online mode. It is to be noted that no offline form is released for the candidates. To apply for the exam, you need to register by selecting the program you wish to apply for, past qualification, and enter details like candidate’s name, email id, mobile number, etc. Once the registration is done, candidates need to fill in details in the form, upload images and pay the required amount of application fee.
Application Fee – You can check out the application fee below:
- General and OBC Category: Rs. 1250
- SC/ ST Category: Rs. 1050
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid using online mode only.
UPCATET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
You can check out the Eligibility Criteria for UPCATET 2021 below:
All the candidates must be a citizen of India and the Resident of Uttar Pradesh. The meaning of ‘Resident of Uttar Pradesh’ is:
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from UP and have been living in the state for the past 5 years, Or
- Candidate’s Father is a Resident of Uttar Pradesh, Or
- Candidate’s Father was not a Resident of Uttar Pradesh before but now has been living in the state for the past 5 years, Or
- Candidate who is a Foreign national but whose ancestors were the resident of UP.
- For B.V.Sc. and A.H. Programmes: The candidates must be 17 to 25 years old as of December 31, 2021.
- For UG Programmes: The candidates must be 16 to 22 years old as of December 31, 2021.
- For PG Programmes: There is no age limit for candidates applying for PG programmes.
UPCATET 2021 Admit Card
The candidates can download UPCATET 2021 admit card from upcatet.org. To download the UPCATET 2021 admit card, candidates have to first select their programme and group name. After this, the candidates need to enter the registration number / roll number and date of birth.
On the day of the examination, it is mandatory to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre. Also, the candidates need to paste their photograph at the space provided in UPCATET 2021 hall ticket.
UPCATET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check out the syllabus for UPCATET 2021 for UG and PG Programmes below:
For B.Sc Courses: The syllabus for B.Sc. courses will be the same as the syllabus for 12th class UP Board.
For M.Sc Courses: The syllabus for M.Sc. courses will be the same as the UG courses of the respective subjects.
For Ph.D. Statistics – Measures of central tendency and dispersion, Skewness and kurtosis, Probability,
Normal distribution (properties only); Test of significance (t, Z, F and X2–test), Regression and correlation (including partial and multiple correlations with their test of significance), Sampling theory with reference to crop estimation survey (random, stratified and multistage sampling). Analysis of variance, Principles of experimental designs, Completely Randomized Design, Randomized Block Design, Latin Square Design, Factorial Experiments (23factorial experiments), Split Plot design, Analysis of Covariance; Missing plot Technique (in R.B.D. and L.S.D. with one value missing).
UPCATET 2021 Exam Pattern
You can check out the Exam Pattern for UPCATET 2021 below:
- Duration of the Exam: The duration of the exam is 3 hours while for MBA and Ph.D. cpurse duration is 2 hour
- Mode of the Exam: The mode of the exam is Offline Mode
- Language of the Question Paper: English and Hindi
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Based Questions
- Total Number of Questions: 200 Questions
- Total Number of Marks: 600 Marks
- For every correct answer: 3 Marks will be added to the total score.
- For every wrong answer: 1 Mark will be deducted from the total score.
Exam Pattern for PhD Programmes and MBA Agriculture:
- Duration of the Exam: 2 Hours
- Total Number of Questions: 100 Questions
- Total Number of Marks: 300 Marks
Note: Only the duration of the exam, number of questions and total number of marks are different for PhD Programmes and MBA Agriculture. Rest of the Exam Pattern is the same as other UG and PG Programmes.
Check out the Distribution of the Marks and Questions in Each Programme
UPCATET 2021 Test Centres
Candidates have to select any of the following Test Centres for UPCATET 2021 Exam as per their preference:
|Test Centres||Code Number|
UPCATET 2021 Result
The Result releases in the form of the scorecard. Candidates who qualified the exam have to then register for the online counselling process as per the schedule. Candidates can check their UPCATET 2021 Result by login with their Group of Paper, Registration No./ Roll No., Registered Mobile No and Date of Birth.
UPCATET 2021 Result Evaluation
The UPCATET 2021 Result is Evaluated on the basis of the Marking Scheme. You can check out the Marking Scheme for all the programmes below:
- Each Question carries 3 Marks
- In case of a Right Answer, 3 Marks are added to the Total score of the candidates.
- In case of a Wrong Answer, 1 Mark is deducted from the total score of the candidates.
Candidates are selected on the basis of the Rank obtained in the entrance exam.
UPCATET 2021 Selection Process
All the candidates are selected on the basis of their Rank in UPCATET 2021. However, the selection procedure for MBA (Agriculture) is slightly different. The same is mentioned below:
- Candidates first have to appear for the entrance exam.
- All the UPCATET 2021 qualified candidates are then called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
- Group Discussion carries 150 Marks.
- Personal Interview carries 50 marks.
- All the candidates will be selected on the basis of the Comprehensive Merit List.
UPCATET 2021 Cut Off
The minimum qualifying marks for UPCATET 2021 is as follows:
- General and OBC Category: 20 %
- SC/ ST Category: 10 %
Note: The university can decrease the qualifying marks by 5 % if some of the seats are still vacant.
UPCATET 2021 Counselling
The qualified candidates have to Register themselves for the counselling procedure. The university conducts both Offline and Online Counselling for all of its programmes. The procedure for Online Counselling is as follows:
- Online Counselling Registration (fee submissions) and Documents upload.
- Online Choice Filling and Locking
- Seat Allocation and Security fee deposit
- Reporting at the respective university for verification and admission process.
UPCATET 2021 Reservation
Candidates who are willing to take the admission to the University can check the resrvation for all the categories from table.
|Wards of Freedom Fighter||2|
|Army Personnel Wards||1|
|Wards/Partner of employees of Kanpur, Faizabad and Banda Universities||10|
Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology (CSAUA&T) is a state agriculture university established in the year 1975. The University is located in Kanpur. There are eight (08) colleges constituted under the University which are College of Agriculture, College of Home Science, College of Forestry, College of Horticulture, (in Etawah) Dr.BRA College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, College of Dairy Technology, College of Fisheries and another (in Lakhimpur Kheri district) College of Agriculture. CSAUK offers admission in UG, PG, PhD programs like B.Sc (Hons), M.Sc, Doctor of Philosophy in agriculture courses.
Official Website – upcatet.org
For more information related to UPCATET 2021 candidates can download the Information brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.