UPES Admission 2019 – The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) has started the admission process for the academic session 2019. The University is offering admission in various UG and PG program such as B.Tech, BBA, BCA, MBA, M.Tech etc. The students can apply for admission by filling out their Application Form. The UPES 2019 Application Form is available online only at upes.ac.in. The admission criteria for courses differ from each other. The University shortlists candidates either on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination conducted by the University or score obtained in the National level test score, or performance in the qualifying examination. The admission criteria for each course is different, and hence, the candidates must check the eligibility conditions and selection process before proceeding to apply for UPES Admission 2019. Candidates can check complete details about the UPES Admission 2019 from this page.
UPES Admission 2019
UPES offers industry-aligned and specialized graduate and postgraduate courses through its five schools – School of Engineering (S0E), School of Computer Science (SoCS), School of Design (SoD), School of Law (SoL) and School of Business (SoB).
UPES 2019 Important Dates: The candidates can check the complete schedule for every course from the table below.
|Course||Exam Name||Last Date to Apply||Admit Card||Exam Date|
8 May 2019
|To be announced||13 – 19 May 2019|
25 April 2019
|–||29 April – 5 May 2019|
|MBA||UPES MET 2||21 Jan 2019||–||26 to 28 Jan 2019|
|B.Des||UPES DAT||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|M.Des||UPES DAT||To be announced||–||To be announced|
|B.Plan||Counselling and Interview||–||–||–|
|BA||Counselling and Interview||–||–||–|
|BBA||GD and interview||–||–||–|
|BCA||GD and interview||–||–||–|
25 April 2019
|–||29 April – 5 May 2019|
|M.A. Energy Economics||Online Test followed
|To be announced||–||To be announced|
|M.Tech||Interview||–||–||To be announced|
UPES Entrance Exams
UPES conducts entrance exams for admission in MBA, B.Tech, B.Des and LLB courses. The details are given below.
Reservation of Seats
For Uttarakhand bonafide resident candidates: 15% of seats in all programs will be reserved on merit, subject to producing of “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” certificate.
Reservation for Differently Abled Candidates: 3% of seats are reserved for Differently Abled Candidates with minimum disability to the extent of 40% subject to producing of a certificate from authorized Medical Doctor/Hospital indicating the extent of physical disability. However, in event of the seats remaining unfilled in the above-mentioned categories, the same shall be treated as unreserved.
Colleges under UPES
- College of Management & Economics Studies
- College of Engineering Studies
- College of Legal Studies
UPES Engineering / Design Admissions
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies conducts admissions in engineering courses on basis of UPESEAT exam as well as JEE Main exam. University of Petroleum & Energy Studies conducts the UPESEAT exam for admission to B.Tech and B.Des. Courses.
Bachelor of Design
Bachelor of Design (B. Des.) program at UPES, gives the students the flexibility to work in multidisciplinary environments. The course will teach you to address contemporary issues in an independent and creative way, in order to participate in a most stimulating and gratifying career. Candidates can fill their Application as per mention date below to appear in the Written Test for admission into Bachelor of Design course.
The emphasis is on the fundamentals of the following domains
- Transportation & Mobility Design
- Industrial & Product Design
- Graphic Design
- Animation & VFX
- Interaction Design
- Interior & Retail Space Design
- Game design
- For Examination Pathway: Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th). UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPESDAT) followed up by Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
- For Non-Examination Pathway: Board Merit: Minimum 65% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th). JEE Mains/UCEED Merit: Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th). On the basis of Board, Merit / JEE Mains / UCEED Merit followed up by Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
B. Des (UPES-DAT, Online Design Test)
|Name of Program||Date of Test||Time||Duration|
|UPES-DAT, Online Design Test||11 -14 Apr 2019||Test Slots will be assigned by the University||1 Hour|
Last Date to Register: April 03, 2019
Non Exam Pathway
- Board Merit :- Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio. OR
- UCEED: Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
Click here for Complete information.
- Transportation Design
- Interaction Design
- Industrial Design
UPES Management Admissions
- BBA Auto Marketing
- BBA Aviation Operations
- BBA spl. In Human Resources Management/ Marketing Management/ Operations Management
- BBA Digital Marketing
- BBA Financial Analysis & Services
- BBA Foreign Trade
- BBA Logistics Management
- BBA Oil & Gas Marketing
- BBA Tourism & Hospitality management
- Minimum 50 % marks in Class 10th and Class 12th .
- Class 12th Appearing students are eligible to apply and seek a provisional admission under the “ TENSION FREE BOARD EXAM POLICY ”
- Science / Commerce / Humanities students are eligible to apply
- Group Discussion & Interview.
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies conducts the UPES MET exam for admission to MBA Courses.
- MBA Oil & Gas Management
- MBA Energy Trading
- MBA Power Management
- MBA Aviation Management
- MBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- MBA International Business Management
- MBA spl. In Human Resources Management / Marketing Management / Financial & Accounting Management / Operations Management)
- MBA Business Analytics
For complete details of the exam, please click here.
UPES Law Admissions
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies offers Law courses in the College of Legal Studies.
- B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Cyber Laws
- BBA., LL.B (Hons.) with specialization in Corporate Laws
- B.Sc LLB (Hons) with Specialization in IPR/Medical Law/Health Law/Food Law/Forensic Law//Food & Health Law
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) with specialization in Criminal Law/ Labor Law/ Constitution Law
- BBA., LL.B (Hons.) with specialization in International Trade & Investment Law/ Banking,Finance & Regulations
- B.Com., LL.B (Hons.) with specialization in Taxation Law/Media & Entertainment Law
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.) with specialization in Energy Laws
- B.Tech Energy Technology LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies conducts the UL SAT exam for admission to Law Courses. For complete details of the exam, please click here.
Official Website: www.upes.ac.in
Admission procedure for International Students
Any applicant holding a passport of any country other than India, including applicants of Indian origin who are not Indian nationals/passport holders, are defined as International Students.
Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s) or dependents of Non-Resident Indians who have studied and passed qualifying examinations from schools or colleges outside India are defined as International Students and entitled to enrol under this category.
Dependents of NRI’s studying in India are not defined as NRI/International students.
Eligibility Criteria for International students
Students must fulfil minimum eligibility requirements as laid down for their chosen program at UPES.
UPES must be satisfied that candidates applying for admission to undergraduate programs must have obtained higher secondary school certificate (with a minimum percentage of marks as prescribed) and taken requisite courses necessary to meet the eligibility criteria for the Program of admission.
For admission to a postgraduate Program at UPES, the equivalence for the Undergraduate Degree earned by the candidate in his/her country shall be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). In certain cases, students may be requested to obtain the necessary certification from AIU in this regard.
It is recommended that students have the following:
- School of Business: MBA programs: GMAT score of 600.
- School of Engineering: Undergraduate programs: SAT score of 1500/Postgraduate programs: GRE Score of 1700 (cumulative).
Students from non-English speaking countries should satisfy UPES that they have adequate proficiency in English in order to be able to undertake the program of their choice. If required, an undertaking from such students shall be taken to undergo the English Language Training for a specific period of time (depending on the proficiency to be assessed by UPES on arrival) before starting the actual Program of admission. Qualifying TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent may not be mandatory but strongly advised.
Students must possess a valid passport and Visa for the duration of the study.
Click here to check detailed Admission procedure for International Students.
- B.Sc. (H) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (H) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (H) Physics
- BA Public Policy and Administration
- BA Energy Economics
- B. Com (Hons)
- B. Com (Hons) Banking and Insurance
- B. Com (Hons) Taxation
- B.Sc Food, Nutrition & Dietetics
- BBA Hospital & Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
- M. Sc Chemistry
- M. Sc Mathematics
- M. Sc Physics
Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharma)
About the University
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) was established in 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. It is Asia’s first core sector university and is the first Indian institution to offer 79 graduate and postgraduate programs across 14 core sectors like oil and gas, power, infrastructure, information technology, transportation, electronics, high technology, design, business, planning and architecture, public policy and legal studies.
Awards and Recognition 2018
- The University was awarded the Best Academic-Industry Interface’ by DNA (a leading Indian media house) in 2018
- UPES was awarded the Best Industry-Academia Interface’ at the 12th World Education Summit by Digital Learning & Elets Technomedia Pvt Ltd in 201
- Awarded the Best University for Placements and Employability’ by Times Now- National Education Excellence Award 2018
For more details of University of Petroleum & Energy – Download Information Brochure 2018.