All that you need to know about University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Admissions is available here. The University offers UG and PG courses for Engineering, Management, Law, etc courses. Candidates can check the details regarding admission in any of the course from this page. The UPES Admissions 2019 for session 2019-20 have begun. Read the article further to know all the crucial details.
UPES Admissions 2019
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to any of the program may procure the prospectus and application form from UPES Enrolment Offices or can visit the official website to download it. The important dates for the UPES Admission 2019 are as mentioned below.
|Course||Exam Name||Last Date to Apply||Admit Card||Exam Date|
|B.Tech||UPESEAT||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|LLB||ULSAT||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|MBA||UPES MET 2||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|B.Des||UPES DAT||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|M.Des||UPES DAT||To be announced||–||To be announced|
|B.Plan||Counselling and Interview||–||–||–|
|BA||Counselling and Interview||–||–||–|
|BBA||GD and interview||–||–||–|
|BCA||GD and interview||–||–||–|
|LLM||–||To be announced||–||To be announced|
|M.A. Energy Economics||Online Test followed
|To be announced||–||To be announced|
|M.Tech||Interview||–||–||To be announced|
UPES Entrance Exams
UPES conducts entrance exams for admission in MBA, B.Tech, B.Des and LLB courses. The details are given below.
Reservation of Seats
For Uttarakhand bonafide resident candidates: 15% of seats in all programs will be reserved on merit, subject to producing of “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” certificate.
Reservation for Differently Abled Candidates: 3% of seats are reserved for Differently Abled Candidates with minimum disability to the extent of 40% subject to producing of a certificate from authorized Medical Doctor/Hospital indicating the extent of physical disability. However, in event of the seats remaining unfilled in the above-mentioned categories, the same shall be treated as unreserved.
Colleges under UPES
- College of Management & Economics Studies
- College of Engineering Studies
- College of Legal Studies
UPES Engineering / Design Admissions
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies conducts admissions in engineering courses on basis of UPESEAT exam as well as JEE Main exam. University of Petroleum & Energy Studies conducts the UPESEAT exam for admission to B.Tech and B.Des. Courses.
Bachelor of Design
Bachelor of Design (B. Des.) program at UPES, gives the students the flexibility to work in multidisciplinary environments. The course will teach you to address contemporary issues in an independent and creative way, in order to participate in a most stimulating and gratifying career. Candidates can fill their Application as per mention date below to appear in the Written Test for admission into Bachelor of Design course.
The emphasis is on the fundamentals of the following domains
- Transportation Design
- Product & Industrial Design
- Media & Communication Design (Digital)
- Media & Communication Design (Graphics)
- Interior & Exhibition Design
- For Examination Pathway: Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th). UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPESDAT) followed up by Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
- For Non-Examination Pathway: Board Merit: Minimum 65% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th). JEE Mains/UCEED Merit: Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th). On the basis of Board, Merit / JEE Mains / UCEED Merit followed up by Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
B. Des (UPES-DAT, Online Design Test)
|Name of Program||Date of Test||Time||Duration|
|UPES-DAT, Online Design Test||11 -14 Apr 2019||Test Slots will be assigned by the University||1 Hour|
Last Date to Register: April 03, 2019
Non Exam Pathway
- Board Merit :- Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio. OR
- UCEED: Personal Interview and presentation on the work portfolio
Click here for Complete information.
UPES Management Admissions
- BBA Oil & Gas Marketing
- BBA Aviation Operations
- BBA Logistics Management
- BBA Auto Marketing
- BBA Foreign Trade
- BBA Digital Marketing
- BBA Financial Analysis & Services
- BBA E-Commerce Marketing
- BBA Media Management
- BBA (Human Resources Management/Marketing Management/Finance & Accounts/ Operations Management)
- Minimum 50 % marks in Class 10th and Class 12th .
- Class 12th Appearing students are eligible to apply and seek a provisional admission under the “ TENSION FREE BOARD EXAM POLICY ”
- Science / Commerce / Humanities students are eligible to apply
- Group Discussion & Interview.
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies conducts the UPES MET exam for admission to MBA Courses. For complete details of the exam, please click here.
UPES Law Admissions
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies offers Law courses in the College of Legal Studies.
Eligibility and Admission Criteria
5 Years Integrated BA LLB(Hons.) / BBA LLB(Hons.)
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
6 Years B.Tech. Energy Technology + LLB(Hons.)/ B.Tech. Computer Science + LLB(Hons.)
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies conducts the UL SAT exam for admission to Law Courses. For complete details of the exam, please click here.
Official Website: www.upes.ac.in
Admission procedure for International Students
Any applicant holding a passport of any country other than India, including applicants of Indian origin who are not Indian nationals/passport holders, are defined as International Students.
Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s) or dependents of Non-Resident Indians who have studied and passed qualifying examinations from schools or colleges outside India are defined as International Students and entitled to enrol under this category.
Dependents of NRI’s studying in India are not defined as NRI/International students.
Eligibility Criteria for International students
Students must fulfil minimum eligibility requirements as laid down for their chosen program at UPES.
UPES must be satisfied that candidates applying for admission to undergraduate programs must have obtained higher secondary school certificate (with a minimum percentage of marks as prescribed) and taken requisite courses necessary to meet the eligibility criteria for the Program of admission.
For admission to a postgraduate Program at UPES, the equivalence for the Undergraduate Degree earned by the candidate in his/her country shall be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). In certain cases, students may be requested to obtain the necessary certification from AIU in this regard.
It is recommended that students have the following:
- School of Business: MBA programs: GMAT score of 600.
- School of Engineering: Undergraduate programs: SAT score of 1500/Postgraduate programs: GRE Score of 1700 (cumulative).
Students from non-English speaking countries should satisfy UPES that they have adequate proficiency in English in order to be able to undertake the program of their choice. If required, an undertaking from such students shall be taken to undergo the English Language Training for a specific period of time (depending on the proficiency to be assessed by UPES on arrival) before starting the actual Program of admission. Qualifying TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent may not be mandatory but strongly advised.
Students must possess a valid passport and Visa for the duration of the study.
Click here to check detailed Admission procedure for International Students.
For more details of University of Petroleum & Energy – Download Information Brochure 2018.
Insofar, Only application form for various courses has been released yet. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as officials will release the UPES MET, information will be updated here.