Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022: FRI offers admission into its Master’s and Doctoral programmes. Both Indian and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for FRI Admission 2022. Selection for M.Sc course is made using an admission test while that for Ph.D is done on the basis of an entrance test followed by an interview. Get details information about Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022 including courses offered, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. by going through this article.
Latest – FRI has been started the application form for M.Sc Admission 2022. Click here to check the complete details.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022
The institute has also published the category-wise and discipline-wise number of seats available in its various research centres. Candidates can check the same for each course from their respective pages or by downloading the information brochure provided at the end of this article.
FRI Admission 2022 Overview
|Name of Institute||Forest Research Institute|
|Type||Natural Resource Services Institute|
|Year of Establishment||1906|
|Course Offered||M.Sc and Ph.D|
Important Dates for FRI Admission 2022
The schedule for FRI Ph.D Admission 2022 is given below.
|Last date to submit application form||to be announced|
|Date of Entrance Test||to be announced|
|List of the eligible candidates for interview||to be announced|
|List of selected candidates||to be announced|
|list of selected candidates from waiting for admission in Ph.D Programme||to be announced|
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022 Courses Offered
The institute grants admission to its Master and Doctoral programmes. Candidates can check the list of programmes offered by FRI.
- M.Sc. Forestry
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology
- M.Sc. Environment Management
- M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology
- Ph.D in Forestry
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022 Application Form
The interested candidates have to download the application form from the official website of the institute, fridu.edu.in. Direct link to download the application form will be provided below.
Application Form: Candidates can download FRI Ph.D Admission 2022 Application Form as per the official announcement.
- Application Fee (a per last year): Rs 1500 to be paid using a Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University” and payable at Dehradun.
Documents to be enclosed with Ph.D Application Form
Following documents are also needed to be sent along with FRI Ph.D 2022 Application Form.
- PG mark sheets
- Class 10 Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- PwD Certificate
- NET/GATE Qualified Certificate
- Those appearing in final exams of PG have to attach 1st year mark sheet.
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from employer, for candidates who are in-service in a graded pay scale in a government organization/statutory autonomous body/private organization.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure the fulfilment of eligibility criteria. We have provided below the eligibility requirements for Doctoral courses offered by the institute.
- A Master’s degree or Professional degree declared equivalent to Master’s degree is required. Those in the final year are also deemed eligible for application.
- Candidates must have scored 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale. SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD are provided with a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying degree.
- Candidate holding an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution, accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency, are also eligible to apply.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern for all the courses below.
- Mode- The test will be conducted in online mode (remote proctored).
- Duration- The test is going to last for a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Type of Questions- Multiple-choice questions are asked in FRI Ph.D Entrance test 2022.
- Number of Sections- There are 2 sections in the paper.
- Marking Scheme- Each correct answer adds 1 mark to the total while no mark is deducted for wrong answers.
- Section-wise distribution of questions- Check below.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)||30|
|Mathematical Aptitude (Maths, Statistics, Reasoning)||20|
Click here to check the last year’s detailed syllabus for the Ph.D Entrance Test.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022 Selection Procedure
Go through the FRI Admission 2022 selection criteria for various programmes below.
The selection of the candidates is made using 2 stages of selection procedure.
- Entrance Test: Applicants have to sit for an entrance test firstly. However, no entrance test is conducted for foreign/overseas students. Also, candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ teacher fellowship holders are exempted from the entrance test. Such candidates can directly appear for the next stage, i.e., interview. GATE qualified candidates can also appear for interview directly without taking the test, subject to the condition that they have secured 50 normalized marks (out of 100) in case of General candidates and 45 normalized marks (out of 100) in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD candidates. For exemption from the entrance test, UGC/CSIR/GATE/NET exam must have been cleared during the previous 2 years from the last date of form submission.
- Interview: Only qualified candidates of the test or those who have been exempted from the test are invited for the interview.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022 Qualifying Marks for Ph.D
Only those candidates who qualify the entrance test are considered for next round, i.e., interview. The authorities have prescribed certain minimum marks that one has to obtain in order to qualify the test.
- In aggregate, general category candidate have to obtain at least 50% marks in the entrance test to qualify. However, SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD candidate require only 45% marks to qualify the test.
- Along with that, it is also necessary to obtain minimum 30% marks in Section B of the entrance test to qualify.
Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
FRI came into existence in the year 1906. Initially, it was known as Imperial Forest Research Institute. After some time, the institute was renamed Forest Research Institute and Colleges and had a number of centres spread across the country. However, after the creation of Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) and reorganization of Forestry Research in the country, the research centres were given independent status of institutes. FRI is one of the institutes under ICFRE. It has been conferred the status of Deemed University in December 1991.
Official website: fridu.edu.in
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2022 FAQ’s
Q1: How can I apply for admission to Forest Research Institute?
Ans: You have to apply for admission using the download application form available for the same.
Q2: What is the official website to download the application form for admission to FRI?
Ans: The official website to download the application form for admission to the FRI is fridu.edu.in
Q3: What is the selection procedure for admission to Forest Research Institute?
Ans: Selection for M.Sc course is made using an admission test while that for Ph.D is done on the basis of an entrance test followed by an interview.
Q4: What is the official website of FRI?
Ans: The official website is fridu.edu.in.
Insofar, official details of FRI Ph.D Admission 2022 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year’s brochure and for reference purposes only. As soon as the official information releases, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.