Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020: Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University had invited application from eligible candidates for admission to its Master’s and Doctoral programmes. Candidates could download the application form from the official website of FRI, fridu.ac.in. Both Indian and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for FRI Admission 2020. Selection for M.Sc course is made using an admission test while that for Ph.D is done on the basis of an entrance test followed by an interview. Get details information about Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 including courses offered, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. by going through this article.
– FRI has released the Ph.D Interview Notice. Scroll down to check details.
– List of eligible candidates for Interview has released for admission in Ph.D. Programme in in Forestry-2020 including NET/GATE qualified candidates. Scroll down to check.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020
The institute has also published the category-wise and discipline-wise number of seats available in its various research centres. Candidates can check the same for each course from their respective pages or by downloading the information brochure provided at the end of this article.
Schedule for FRI Ph.D Admission 2020
|Last date to submit application form||26 Jun 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||16 Aug 2020|
|List of the eligible candidates for interview||25 Aug 2020|
Check Result: Click here to check the list of the eligible candidates for the interview process.
FRI Other Courses Admission
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 Notice for Ph.D Interview
- Click here to download the above notice.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 Entrance Exam Notice
The Ph.D, Entrance examination will conduct on August 16, 2020 and M.Sc course entrance exam is expected to be conducted on last week of August 2020. Check the notice regarding the information below-
July 31, 2020: Click here to download notice regarding Ph.D entrance exam.
July 07, 2020: Click here to download FRI Admission 2020 Entrance Exam Notice
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 Courses Offered
The institute grants admission to its Master and Doctoral programmes. Candidates can check the list of programmes offered by FRI.
- M.Sc. Forestry
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology
- M.Sc. Environment Management
- M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology
- Ph.D in Forestry
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 Application Form
The interested candidates have to download the application form from the official website of the institute, fridu.edu.in. Direct link to download the application form is provided below.
Application Form: Click here to download FRI Ph.D Admission 2020 Application Form.
Application Fee: Rs 1500 to be paid using a Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University” and payable at Dehradun.
Documents to be enclosed with Ph.D Application Form
Following documents are also needed to be sent along with FRI Ph.D 2020 Application Form.
- PG mark sheets
- Class 10 Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- PwD Certificate
- NET/GATE Qualified Certificate
- Those appearing in final exams of PG have to attach 1st year mark sheet.
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from employer, for candidates who are in-service in a graded pay scale in a government organization/statutory autonomous body/private organization.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure the fulfilment of eligibility criteria. We have provided below the eligibility requirements for Doctoral courses offered by the institute.
- A Master’s degree or Professional degree declared equivalent to Master’s degree is required. Those in the final year are also deemed eligible for application.
- Candidates must have scored 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale. SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD are provided with a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying degree.
- Candidate holding an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution, accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency, are also eligible to apply.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern for all the courses below.
- Mode- The test will be conducted in online mode (remote proctored).
- Duration- The test is going to last for a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Type of Questions- Multiple-choice questions are asked in FRI Ph.D Entrance test 2020.
- Number of Sections- There are 2 sections in the paper.
- Marking Scheme- Each correct answer adds 1 mark to the total while no mark is deducted for wrong answers.
- Section-wise distribution of questions- Check below.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)||30|
|Mathematical Aptitude (Maths, Statistics, Reasoning)||20|
Click here to check the detailed syllabus for the Ph.D Entrance Test.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 Qualifying Marks for Ph.D
Only those candidates who qualify the entrance test are considered for next round, i.e., interview. The authorities have prescribed certain minimum marks that one has to obtain in order to qualify the test.
- In aggregate, general category candidate have to obtain at least 50% marks in the entrance test to qualify. However, SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD candidate require only 45% marks to qualify the test.
- Along with that, it is also necessary to obtain minimum 30% marks in Section B of the entrance test to qualify.
Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Go through the FRI Admission 2020 selection criteria for various programmes below.
The selection of the candidates is made using 2 stages of selection procedure.
- Entrance Test: Applicants have to sit for an entrance test firstly. However, no entrance test is conducted for foreign/overseas students. Also, candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ teacher fellowship holders are exempted from the entrance test. Such candidates can directly appear for the next stage, i.e., interview. GATE qualified candidates can also appear for interview directly without taking the test, subject to the condition that they have secured 50 normalized marks (out of 100) in case of General candidates and 45 normalized marks (out of 100) in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD candidates. For exemption from the entrance test, UGC/CSIR/GATE/NET exam must have been cleared during the previous 2 years from the last date of form submission.
- Interview: Only qualified candidates of the test or those who have been exempted from the test are invited for the interview.
Forest Research Institute, Dehradun
FRI came into existence in the year 1906. Initially, it was known as Imperial Forest Research Institute. After some time, the institute was renamed Forest Research Institute and Colleges and had a number of centres spread across the country. However, after the creation of Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) and reorganization of Forestry Research in the country, the research centres were given independent status of institutes. FRI is one of the institutes under ICFRE. It has been conferred the status of Deemed University in December 1991.
Official website: fridu.edu.in
For more information about Forest Research Institute (FRI) Admission 2020, download
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.