AIFD Bangalore Admission 2015 – Army Institute of Fashion Design
If you are ready to jumpstart your career in the fashion field you can count on the for an incomparable educational experience. The Institute was established in Bangalore in 2004 under the aegis of Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) to impart quality education in the field of Fashion and Design to the wards of Army Personnel both serving and retired.
AIFD is located in Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077, a fast growing part of Bangalore East, easily accessible to the airport, with several prestigious educational institutes and housing projects in the near vicinity Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077.
AIFD is not just yet another Fashion Institute in the country. The Institute is well established with several distinguished leaders in the Fashion, Textile and Design industry. It has first and foremost, the invaluable support and backing of AWES.
The endeavour of the management has always been to establish AIFD as one of the leading Centres of Excellence in the teaching of Design, Garment Manufacturing and CAD Technology, Merchandising, Logistics and Textile Sciences. To explore our diverse range of innovative, practical and relevant academic programs, we need students with the commitment and zeal to succeed and burgeoning leadership qualities. So come discover an atmosphere of academic excellence focused on both academic and professional goals.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2015 Important Dates
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2015 Courses Offered
|UG||B.Sc. (Fashion & Apparel Design)||3 Year||60|
|PG||Master in Fashion and Apparel Design (MFAD)||2 Year||28|
|PG||Master in Fashion and Apparel Design (MFAD)||2 Year||28|
Eligibility for Admission to the PG / UG Courses at AIFD: The admission to the Army Institute of Fashion and Design is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and wards of war widows/widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to Army Institute of Fashion and Design along with the Application Form.
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories :-
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Children of ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension. (Submit Certificate No 1).
Adopted / Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows :-
- Adopted child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission. (Submit Certificate No 2).
- Step children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible. (Submit Certificate No 2).
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases :-
- Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers / Army Dental Corps Officers Presently Serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force (IN / IAF). Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years (Submit Certificate No 3).
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel (Submit Certificate No 3).
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D (Res) dated 19 Jul 89
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have completed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service
- UG Course. The applicant must be a 10+2/Equivalent examination in any combination with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks from recognized boards by UGC/university. Candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination as a regular candidate are only eligible for admission to B.Sc. (FAD) as per Bangalore University norms. Candidates who have passed through distance education system or privately through NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) are not eligible.
- PG Course. Any graduate recognized by Indian Universities or Equivalent or UGC/AICTE.
Physical Fitness: Besides fulfilling the eligibility conditions as per Para 1, the candidate should be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect in the enclosed form Appendix H is required to be submitted by the candidates at the time of admission.
Weightage to Gallantry Award Winners: The wards of the Gallantry Award Winners will be given weightage in admissions as follows. Such candidates are required to submit the necessary proof to that effect for being considered for the weightage as per note 2 given below.
- Param Vir Chakra 5%
- Ashok Chakra 5%
- Mahavir Chakra 4%
- Kirti Chakra 4%
- Vir Chakra 3%
- Shaurya Chakra 3%
- Sena Medal (Gallantry only) 1%
- Distinguished Service in War/ Conflict/ Hostilities
- Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal 3%
- Uttam Yudh Seva Medal 2%
- Yudh Seva Medal 1%
- Mention in Dispatches 1%
- Wards of War Widows 5% (Submit Certificate No. 2)
- The above-mentioned percentage of the respective gallantry award winner’s ward’s WAT score will be added to his/ her actual WAT score before drawing the overall merit list.
- A certified copy of the part II Order / Gazette notification conferring the award / copy of the award certificate should be attached with the application form for claiming the weightage. For Sena Medal (Gallantry) a certificate has to be obtained from MS – X that the Sena Medal awarded to the Officer is for acts of courage / bravery.
Ensuring Eligibility is Candidate’s Responsibility: It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he / she possesses the requisite academic qualifications for the course and is eligible in all other respects as per the eligibility conditions given in this prospectus. The fact that a candidate has been permitted to appear in WAT/CAT does not imply that his / her eligibility has been verified and accepted. The eligibility of the candidates will be verified by AIFD at the time of admission to the course as also later during the scrutiny of papers by the university. In case of any change in the eligibility conditions made by the university for the session 2015-16 at a later stage the eligibility will be verified with reference to the university’s eligibility conditions prescribed at the time of candidate’s admission to the AIFD PG/UG Courses. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any time before or after the commencement of course, the College reserves the right to cancel his / her candidature without any refund of the fees / charges paid.
- All admissions made by AIFD, Bangalore are provisional. An admission will be considered final only when the eligibility criteria are met and original documents / certificates produced by the student for verification.
- All disputes regarding sale of prospectus, conduct of examination, admission to AIFD or any other matter pertaining to Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore shall fall within the jurisdiction of the courts in Bangalore.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2015 – Joining Instructions
The registration amount will be adjusted against the first installment of the fee for the course to be paid by the candidate at the time of admission. If the registration / confirmation fee is not paid by due date, it will be assumed that the candidate is not willing to join the course and the offer made to the candidate will be treated as cancelled. The seat in such a situation will be offered to the candidate next on the waiting list. The candidate will be permitted to join the course only after he / she pays his / her dues by the due date. If a candidate fails to pay the requisite fee, as declared in the prospectus and / or fails to join the course by the due date, his / her candidature will be treated as cancelled and the seat will be offered to the candidate next in the waiting list. Request for seeking extension in time for joining the course will not be entertained.
UG admission : The result of the WAT published on 04 May 2015 will be put up on the AIFD website www.aifdonline.in. The result will also be displayed by college at AIFD Bangalore, on the notice board. Candidates declared to have passed WAT will also be individually informed by AIFD Bangalore to that effect. The short listed students will be required to pay the Course registration fee of Rs.10,000/- &Rs 5000/- for hostel through a Crossed Demand Draft in favour of “Army Institute of Fashion & Design” payable at Bangalore on or before 20 May 2015 (within 10 days of publishing of the WAT on the web site). After the receipt of registration fee from the willing candidates, final list of UG admission will be announced in the Institute web site on 25 May 2015.
PG admission : The PG candidates have to appear for the CAT and interview on 23 June 2015 at AIFD, Bangalore. The candidates recommended for admission to the PG Course at AIFD, Bangalore will be informed through web site on 04 Jul 2015 and they will be required to pay Rs.10,000/- as Registration Fee for college & Rs 5000/- for Hostel through a Crossed Demand Draft in favour of “Army Institute of Fashion & Design” payable at Bangalore on or before 15 Jul 2015.
Documents to be Submitted at the time of admission
The following certificates will be submitted by the UG/PG candidate at the time of admission / reporting to Institute :-
- Degree Pass certificate/10+2 or equivalent pass cert – Original.
- Statement of Marks of qualifying Examination – Original.
- Character Certificate – Original.
- Migration Certificate – Original.
- Matriculation Certificate – Original.
- Transfer Certificate (Std 12) – Original.
- Medical Certificate – Original.
Custody of Original Certificates: All original certificates, as mentioned at Para 16 above, will have to be produced by the candidate for verification of his eligibility for admission to the AIFD PG /UG Course. These will be produced on the day of admission and will thereafter be retained by AIFD Bangalore. Candidates are advised to apply / approach the University where they appeared for the last examination and obtain their migration certificate well in time. Admission may be denied if the migration certificate is not produced at the time of joining the college or with in one month of commencement of the course.
Inability to Produce Original Documents at the Time of Admission: In case a candidate is already pursuing a course of study in some other institute and the original certificates are held elsewhere, he / she will be provisionally admitted on the basis of the attested copies of his/ her certificates. In such cases, the candidate must produce a letter from the Head of the college / institution concerned stating the fact. Once the admission has been granted, the candidate must deposit the original certificates within 15 days of his / her admission to AIFD Bangalore, failing which the admission of the candidate will be cancelled and the seat allotted to the next candidate in the waiting list.
Written Admission Test (WAT) For UG candidates only
The Written Admission Test (WAT) 2015 for admission to the UG Course offered by the AIFD Bangalore, will be held on Saturday, 25 Apr 2015 from 1430 hrs to 1730 hrs at notified examination centers as per Para 20 (2) of prospectus. The candidates will be required to report at their respective examination centers at 1400 hrs i.e. at least half an hour before the commencement of the WAT.
The result of the WAT published on 04 May 2015 will be put up on the AIFD website www.aifdonline.in. The result will also be displayed by college at AIFD Bangalore, on the notice board. Candidates declared to have passed WAT will also be individually informed by AIFD Bangalore to that effect.
Changes in telephone numbers if any, on occurrence will be intimated.Candidates will be asked to fill their choice for the examination center they wish to appear for the WAT. As far as possible, the examination centers will be allotted to the candidates as per their first / second choice. However, in the event of minimum no of candidates not being available at a particular center, the organizers have a right to allot any other center to the candidate. In such a case, an attempt will be made to allot the examination center closer to the candidate’s first / second choice. But the test center once allotted will be final and no request for its change will be entertained.
Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) for PG candidates only
The CAT 2015 for admission to the PG Courses offered by AIFD, Bangalore will be held on Tuesday 23th June 2015 from 0930 hrs to 1700 hrs at AIFD, Bangalore. The candidates will be required to report at AIFD, Bangalore at 0900 hrs i.e. at least half an hour before the commencement of the CAT.
The PG candidates have to appear for the CAT and interview on 23 June 2015 at AIFD, Bangalore. The candidates recommended for admission to the PG Course at AIFD, Bangalore will be informed through web site on 04 Jul 2015.
Nature of WAT: WAT/CAT will consist of 100 Marks objective type test items to be responded to by the candidates in the allocated duration of three hours. The test will have the following components :-
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test.
- General Awareness Test.
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test. (including short essay)
The medium of the test shall be English only.
No negative marking will be done.
Merit lists for the institution UG/PG Programs will be according to candidates’ performance in the WAT / CAT and the Interview (PG only). In deciding about the inter-se-merit, the tie if any will be resolved in the following order of priority :-
- Graduate students in science subjects as per aggregate marks / percentage in Graduation.
- Graduate students in arts subjects as per aggregate marks / percentage in Graduation.
- Candidates securing higher marks in Language Competency & Comprehension Test component in the WAT.
- For UG Courses as per Candidates’ performance and University admission approval.