CAT 2014 Exam
The Common Admission Test, CAT 2014 will be conducted over a 20-day testing window in October and November. Get here the details of CAT exam, registration and online application, exam pattern and preparation, and regular updates of the CAT 2014 exam.
Organized by – The biggest MBA entrance exam of India, the CAT 2014 is being conducted by IIM Indore. The computer based test will be organized by the IIMs and technical handling will be done by TCS. This year onwards, Prometric is not involved in organization of the CAT exam.
CAT Registration and Application – The window for registration and scheduling starts in August and ends in September and you will not be allowed to make any further changes to your profile, application or test schedule after this date.
All registered candidates must attend their most recently scheduled session and bring along their most recent Admit Card on test day. Candidates are also encouraged to watch the Test Day Procedures video on www.cat2013.iimidr.ac.in before coming for the test.
About the exam
The Common Admission Test is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management IIMs in India. Several B Schools in India accept the CAT scores for admission to MBA , PGP, PGDM and FPM programmes. A few key points about the importance of the exam are as follows.
- The all India test is organized by IIMs and held in the month of October-November.
- The CAT scores are used to determine eligibility for admission in MBA / PGDM colleges and universities.
- Each of the IIMs uses a separate criteria for admission.
- Followed by call from the institute based on CAT scores, group discussions and personal interviews are held.
- Each IIM assigns a specific weightage to CAT score, GD, PI, Work experience to select candidate.
Determine Eligibility → Apply for CAT Exam 2014 → Appear in CAT → Apply to various B Schools → Appear in GD PI
Eligibility to appear in CAT exam
The basic criteria laid down by the IIMS for CAT eligibility is 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India. To be eligible for applying for CAT exam, the candidate must have completed graduation (UG) in any course or should be in the final year of the course. The IIMs have specific admission criteria , please check the CAT 2014 eligibility page as given above.
BE / B.Tech / Post B.Sc / Post Diploma candidates can apply for CAT 2014. Those having different, but equivalent degrees may also apply.
Reservation in IIMs
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15.00%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.50%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates belonging to the non-creamy layer||27.00%|
|Differently Abled (DA)||3.00%|
- The MBA Entrance Exam CAT (Common Admission Test) will have two sections - Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation; the second section is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
- Total duration of exam is 140 minutes.
- 70 minutes will be given to answer 30 questions in each section.
|Section||Questions||Time Allotted (in minutes)|
|How to take CAT Test tutorial||0||15|
|Section 1 – QA, DI||30||70|
|Section 2 – VA, LR||30||70|
CAT 2014 Exam Date: The date of the exam will be announced in August.
CAT Registration and Application
To register for CAT 2014, you need to purchase voucher from designated axis bank branches or buy online. The cost is Rs 1600 for General and OBC candidates, and 800 for SC / ST candidates.
Instructions for registration for CAT 2014
- The first step is to buy the scratch voucher from selected branches of Axis Bank.
- Once you have the voucher, you must register online at the CAT website.
- Complete the form by entering all personal details asked.
- Select appropriate IIMs you wish to apply for.
- Select test date, time, and venue.