CAT 2020 Preparation – It is very important to train oneself and devise a strategy for CAT 2020 preparations. Indian Institutes of Management, conducts, the CAT 2020 examination in computer based mode. There are 100 questions in the exam, which are of 2 types i.e MCQ and TITA. Further, the sections are also divided into Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. Scroll below to check out the Mock Test, Books, Paper, Tips for preparation for CAT 2020.
CAT 2020 Preparation
First of all, the candidates need to stick to a routine for CAT 2020 preparation. They need to first start with reading and learning from the best books for CAT 2020, then move on to previous year question papers and mock test for analysis of strengths and weaknesses. Shown below are more tips to CAT preparations.
Features of CAT 2020
Who appears for CAT 2020 – All candidates who want to attain MBA / PGDM / PGPM from top management institutes need to appear for CAT 2020.
Difficulty Level: Since, Common Admission Test is the most popular management exam, the difficulty level is equally high.
Time Duration for Preparation: Candidates need to devote atleast 300-500 hours for CAT preparation. As in a stretch of 6-7 months.
Syllabus for CAT 2020: There are 3 sections in total i.e Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. This of level of Class 10 exams
Know the CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- Chandigarh University AdmissionChandigarh University Admission Apply Now!!
- BMU Application 2020 (Packasges Upto Rs.23 LPA)BML Munjal University Application Apply Now!!
- Sharda University Application (Scholarship upto 100%)SUAT 2020 Application Apply Now!!
- GD Goenka University ApplicationGD Goenka University Application Apply Now!!
The very first step is to read and understand the exam pattern for CAT 2020. This is the basic foundation that candidates need be at par with. It is as follows.
Mode of Exam: It is computer based mode.
Language: CAT is held in English.
Total Number of Questions: There are 100 questions.
Negative Marking: There is 1 mark negative marking for MCQ questions. For others they are not.
Marks allotted for correct answers: The 3 marks are allotted for correct answer:
Type of Questions: There are 2 types of questions i.e MCQ and TITA
Now, in the Multiple Type Questions, candidates have to opt 1 correct option from 4 alternatives
In, TITA, candidates need to use the virtual keyboard only.
Curate CAT 2020 Important Books
It is always important to curate the best sources for starting level 1 of preparation i.e understanding the concepts. For that, candidates need to use the best books for CAT 2020 and they are as follows.
Tip: There are 3 levels in the book authored by Arun Sharma. They also contain tips, tricks and many shortcuts that candidate can learn for high rank in CAT 2020.
|Name of Book||Purchase Link|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare for DATA INTERPRETATION for CAT||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Buy Here|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Buy Here|
Opt for CAT 2020 Recorded Online Courses
There are 3 types of coaching, that the candidate can choose from i.e online course, coaching institutes and recorded lessons. Many experts recommend the recorded online courses for CAT 2020. Below listed are few advantages of the same. One of the best is the CAT course, by HKF.
- They are cost optimum.
- They save the candidate’s time.
- It is purely candidate’s choice about which section to begin from.
Give a lot of CAT 2020 Mock Tests
The mock tests work as a diagnostic test to assess what the candidate has learnt and prepared so far. Once, they have evaluated themselves, candidate can work and accelarate on their weak areas with the help of CAT 2020 Mock tests.
Important Advise: Do not get upset on the CAT 2020 mock test score. It just helps the candidate in not repeating the same mistakes again.
Previous Year Question Papers always help
Candidates should definitely prepare from CAT 2020 previous year question papers as per experts and toppers. They really help in time management skills and getting a know how of how the CAT question papers looks like exactly. It also helps candidates to understand the instructions for the same well in advance.
Level wise CAT 2020 Preparation Schedule
Candidates can take reference from this CAT 2020 schedule for preparation. However, they can modify the below listed as per their choice.
|Level 1||1. Finish 2 topics each from all sections. |
2. Solve 1 Mock every day
|Level 2||1. Continue concept training from Books|
2. Prepare from CAT previous year question papers
|Level 3||1.Focus more on Mock Tests. |
2. Do not focus on new topics, instead revise
|Level 4||1. Revision of all concepts|
2. 3-4 mock test each day
3. Watch news / read news paper for general awareness
CAT Preparation 2020: Tips
- How to crack CAT in 2 months? Important CAT Preparation Tips!
- The three phases of CAT Preparation
- CAT Preparation for working professionals
- 100 Antonyms Practice Questions for CAT
- What 3 steps can you take if CAT is the most important goal in your life
- 1853 Most Difficult Words for CAT and GMAT
- CAT Dealing with RC passages for computer based test
- Tips for solving DI & LR problems in computer based CAT
Group Discussion and Interview
- IIM CAT Group Discussion Tips
- Group Discussion (GD) – Dos and Donts
- Personal Interview Questions
- IIM Ahmedabad Interview Questions
- IIM Interview questions
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) interview
CAT Preparation Tips by CAT Toppers
- CAT 2016 Topper Nilanjan Dutta (100 Percentile) Interview
- Junaid Taj Gives Tips For CAT And Tells How He Scored 99.53 Percentile
- Meet The Serial CAT Topper Sujoy Kumar Dutta With 99.98 Percentile [Interview]
- Maurya Alla Who Scored 99.93 Percentile in CAT Shares His Success Story
- CAT 2016 Topper Yash Choudhary Got 100 Percentile In First Attempt
- CAT 2016 Topper Avidipto Chakraborty’s Scorecard 100, 99.96, 99.98, 100
- How CAT 2016 Topper Nishchay Budhiraja scored 100% Percentile
- He scored 100 percentile in CAT without coaching – Prateek Bajpai
- CAT 99.99 Percentile Scorer Devvrat Ganeriwal [Interview]
- What is the secret to scoring 100%ile in CAT? Know it from CAT Topper Sanuj Mittal
- CAT 99.92 Percentile Scorer, Nikhar Mattu shares tips for acing the CAT exam
- Gursimran Ahuja who scored 99.83 Percentile in CAT tells how she found the key to success
- CAT 99.66 Percentile Adwait Deshpande Tells How He Prepared for CAT
- CAT 98.4 Percentile Hitesh Tejwani says Try until you succeed!
- To ace CAT and XAT – Salonee Gupta
- Success Story of achieving 99.85 in CAT, with 99.89 in quant section – Siddhartha Raghuvanshi
- The big scorer in CAT and XAT – Shyam Sankaran
- The girl who scored 99.7 and 99.8 in CAT and XAT – Shivani Saksena
- How Abhijeet scored 99.65 percentile in CAT and turned his dream into reality
- Delhi student who scored 99.73 percentile in CAT – Jatin Mehra
- CAT 99.83 Percentile shares his Preparation Experience – Harjot Singh Student of IIM Ahmedabad
- Rohit Arora (99.38 percentile) Student of IIM Ahmedabad Gives Tips on How to Crack Cat
- CAT 100 percentile is your dream? Check out CAT scorecards of toppers!
- PGDM vs MBA and other dilemmas: How to decide
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.