CAT Preparation: Believe you can, and take more mock tests
Graduates who want to study management after graduation will appear in CAT 2017. Preparation begins at different times for different test takers. Know most important things about CAT 2017 here such as participating institutes, eligibility, registration, exam pattern, selection process, preparation strategy.
Last time, 20 students managed to secure a perfect 100 percentile in CAT, and you can do so as well.
- First of all, know CAT 2017 syllabus.
- Then distinguish your strong and weak section.
- Then start preparing.
Initially, the candidate should start working on the weak areas but as the CAT will approach, the focus should be turned to making the strong sections, stronger.
Instead of studying from various books, the candidates are advised to stick to one book and cover it thoroughly.
Every expert advises that the performance of Mock Test is very important. The students should aggressively and constantly keep on taking CAT Mock Test. Then, after the evaluation of the performance in the test, the preparation should be accelerated. On the basis of score in the mock test, the experts are able to predict the percentile of the candidates. The score vs percentile analysis is as below:
- Candidates securing 180 or more marks manage to achieve a percentile of more than 90.
- If the mock test score of candidates is between 140 to 180, then the percentile rage will be 70 to 80.
- Below 140 marks, the percentile will go below 70 which is an alarming situation and the candidates should work harder to succeed.
Increase Attempts, Increase Score
Experts says that the students can increase their score by increasing the number of attempts. Those, who score 180+ in the mock test just need to ensure that they do not miss their change to crack the exam by missing the sectional cutoff. Candidates scoring 140+ in CAT mock test can secure 90 percentile by working on increasing correct attempt in each section by two. However, this will only work if te candidate will try and decrease their negative answers simultaneously.
Those, who are in the range of 100+ in mock test need work very hard. They need to ensure that they revise the topics and work in creasing, at least, 4 correct attempts.
Stay Calm and Confident
It is very important to believe in oneself and their dreams. So, stay composed and confident and just work hard. The success will knock your door anyways.
IIM CAT Exam Preparation
Common Admission Test is a national level entrance test which decides, whether the candidate will be admitted to Indian Institutes of Management in India or not. It takes a focussed practice and well grounded determination to make it to IIMs. Solving previous year papers of IIM CAT 2017 is important. For anyone, aspiring to become a part of the IIM must appear for CAT test and pass the test with minimum marks as decided by IIM. There are about 20 IIMs spread across India. On annual basis, each IIM undertakes the responsibility of managing the test. From announcing the dates to declaring results along with lending support to candidates so that the can excel and utilise their potential well.
Now comes the difficult part i.e preparing for the exam. Yeah! That’s right!. Hard work isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. You need to fix a goal and set an eye on the dream job you want. And after continuously working hard! You implement the plan to make it turn into reality. This road to success may involve a few hiccups now and then but finally victory is all yours.
Candidates get stuck over the matter of finding the right material, right books. But the truth is that it is just an initial challenge. It ultimately passes. Lets us see what you can do to collect the exam preparation material.
Candidates are advised to go through the page to check out some awesome revelations from toppers we have brought for you here. It is like finding a needle out of the hay, when it comes to collecting the exam preparation material. There can be multiple ways of getting your hands laid on preparation material.
Candidates who have decided to join coaching centres like T.I.M.E.S., MBA Guru, Career Launcher etc. If you are joining a good coaching institute, then you do not need to worry about the material, because they do cover the fees for providing for providing material while giving admissions.
These days it is really easy to find books, preparation material uploaded online in downloadable pdf file format for free for CAT. what you can do is find out the name of the best book referred for preparing CAT quants section and others and download it’s e-book. You can even subscribe to online portals that facilitate online editions for preparing for CAT. you can watch processors giving lectures on youtube channels.
Candidate can also ask the teachers for best books and get them from nearest bookstores. Some books also provide video tutorials in form of CD attached at the last of the page. They are also helpful. There can be nothing better than having the book in your hand and than practicing from it. Online portals have its own drawback, since it does not provide you the chance of correcting things at the same time. But if you have written material in your hands you can make the corrections or write formulas right there so that you can remember it easily
More On CAT Preparation
- How To Prepare For Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning For CAT?
- How to Prepare for CAT Quant Section?
CAT Preparation 2017: Tips
- How to crack CAT in 2 months? Important CAT Preparation Tips!
- The three phases of CAT Preparation
- CAT Preparation for working professionals
- 100 Antonyms Practice Questions for CAT
- What 3 steps can you take if CAT is the most important goal in your life
- 1853 Most Difficult Words for CAT and GMAT
- CAT Dealing with RC passages for computer based test
- Tips for solving DI & LR problems in computer based CAT
Group Discussion and Interview
- IIM CAT Group Discussion Tips
- Group Discussion (GD) – Dos and Donts
- Personal Interview Questions
- IIM Ahmedabad Interview Questions
- IIM Interview questions
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) interview
CAT Preparation Tips by CAT Toppers
- CAT 2016 Topper Nilanjan Dutta (100 Percentile) Interview
- Junaid Taj Gives Tips For CAT And Tells How He Scored 99.53 Percentile
- Meet The Serial CAT Topper Sujoy Kumar Dutta With 99.98 Percentile [Interview]
- Maurya Alla Who Scored 99.93 Percentile in CAT Shares His Success Story
- CAT 2016 Topper Yash Choudhary Got 100 Percentile In First Attempt
- CAT 2016 Topper Avidipto Chakraborty’s Scorecard 100, 99.96, 99.98, 100
- How CAT 2016 Topper Nishchay Budhiraja scored 100% Percentile
- He scored 100 percentile in CAT without coaching – Prateek Bajpai
- CAT 99.99 Percentile Scorer Devvrat Ganeriwal [Interview]
- What is the secret to scoring 100%ile in CAT? Know it from CAT Topper Sanuj Mittal
- CAT 99.92 Percentile Scorer, Nikhar Mattu shares tips for acing the CAT exam
- Gursimran Ahuja who scored 99.83 Percentile in CAT tells how she found the key to success
- CAT 99.66 Percentiler Adwait Deshpande Tells How He Prepared for CAT
- CAT 98.4 Percentiler Hitesh Tejwani says Try until you succeed!
- To ace CAT and XAT – Salonee Gupta
- Success Story of achieveing 99.85 in CAT, with 99.89 in quant section – Siddhartha Raghuvanshi
- The big scorer in CAT and XAT – Shyam Sankaran
- The girl who scored 99.7 and 99.8 in CAT and XAT – Shivani Saksena
- How Abhijeet scored 99.65 percentile in CAT and turned his dream into reality
- Delhi student who scored 99.73 percentile in CAT – Jatin Mehra
- CAT 99.83 Percentiler shares his Preparation Experience – Harjot Singh Student of IIM Ahemadabad
- Rohit Arora (99.38 percentile) Student of IIM Ahmedabad Gives Tips on How to Crack Cat
- CAT 100 percentile is your dream? Check out CAT score cards of toppers!
- PGDM vs MBA and other dilemmas: How to decide