GATE 2016 Admit Card is now available for download. Admit Card of GATE 2016 has been released by IISc for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Candidates who had applied for the GATE Exam can log in at GOAPS and download their admit cards and attend the exam of scheduled date. Enter Enrolment ID / Email Address, Password, Captcha text to log in and download GATE Admit Card 2016.
GATE 2016 Result Declared!
IISc has announced the result of GATE 2016. Know your All India Rank and scores that will be the basis for M.Tech / M.Plan admissions in IITs, NITs and several other engineering and technology colleges.
GATE 2016 Admit Card – Released
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has released GATE Admit Card 2016 more than a month before the exam. Hall Tickets are available for all 23 subject papers.
Details required to download admit card of GATE 2016 are as follows.
- Enrolment ID / Username
Download admit card here – Click here (http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in/) to reach GOAPS to download GATE admit card 2016.
Forgot log in details – Click Here if you have forgotten Enrolment ID or Password.
Here you will find GATE Admit Card for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016 exams to be held on 30 Jan 2016, 31 Jan 2016, 06 Feb 2016, 07 Feb 2016. Detailed schedule of examination is given below.
Important GATE Preparation Resources
Exam schedule of GATE 2016
|Date||Session Code||Paper Code|
|30.01.2016||S1||ME and EC|
|30.01.2016||S2||ME, BT, CH, GG, MN and PH|
|31.01.2016||S3||ME and EC|
|31.01.2016||S4||EC, AR, CY, IN, MA and PE|
|06.02.2016||S5||CS and CE|
|06.02.2016||S6||CS and EE|
|07.02.2016||S7||CE, AG, EY, MT and PI|
|07.02.2016||S8||EE, AE, TF, XL and XE|
About GATE 2016 Admit Card
- GATE admit card 2016 can be downloaded only by candidates whose forms have been accepted. Candidate can get the online hall ticket / admit card as per the schedule mentioned.
- You must bring at least one original and valid photo identification along with the GATE 2016 admit card.
- Please note that the photo ID details should be same as mentioned in your application form.
- You may bring your college ID or employee identification card containing photographs. If that is not available, you can bring driving license or passport or PAN card or Voter ID or Aadhar UID.
- In case these are not available as photo ID to be brought with the admit card of GATE 2016, please bring a notarized affidavit with photo, signature, date of birth and residential address.
Online virtual calculator is available for the GATE 2016 test. This is given online for practice before the exam on the GATE website. Candidates will not be allowed to use physical calculators.
While you are waiting for the admit card, you can try out GATE Mock Tests.
GATE Mock Tests are available for all subjects. It is free and easy to use.
Click here for GATE Mock Tests.
GATE admit card 2016 will contain the following details:
- Registration number / enrollment ID,
- Name of the candidate,
- Paper appearing for,
- Centre allotted – address and corresponding code.
- Examination date and time,
How to download GATE Admit Card 2016?
- Visit the official link to download hall ticket of GATE 2016
- Enter enrolment ID and password.
- Click on log in.
- Click on Admit Card / Hall ticket link upon log in.
- Download and print the hall ticket.
After downloading, please ensure that all the details given are correct. In case of any discrepancies, contact zonal GATE offices immediately.
GATE 2016 Admit Card – Download here the hall ticket of GATE 2016 exam.
The Admit Card can only be downloaded from the GATE portal from 28th December 2015. Admit Cards will not be sent by post/email. Bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Test Center along with the original and valid photo identification (NO photocopy / scanned copy/NOT expired). Please note that you have to give details of this ID proof while filling the online application. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test, if this original and valid photo identification is not presented. It may be noted that you would have specified one of the following IDs during the online application process: Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Employee Identification Card, or a Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address.
Precautions during downloading Admit Card of GATE 2016
Candidates facing problem while downloading Admit Card are advised to do the following:
- Empty cache memory of the browser
- Close the browser
- Re-open the browser and login at GOAPS to download your admit card.
GATE 2016 Admit Card will be available for download at GOAPS login.
GOAPS Admit Card Log In will be as follows.
Zonal GATE websites to download Admit Cards
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
GATE Admit Card (Hall Ticket) can be downloaded from the GATE Online Applicant Interface. Sending Admit cards by post has been discontinued. Bring a print out of the downloaded admit card at the test center.
Photo identification valid for GATE with GATE 2016 Admit Card:
- Driving license.
- PAN Card.
- Voter ID.
- College ID.
- Employee identification card.
- notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address.
Photocopies of the original identification document are not acceptable. Candidates will NOT be permitted to take the test, if original and valid photo identification is not presented.
GATE admit card IISC – The IITs and IISc conduct the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering jointly. The admit card of GATE 2016 for IISc admission seekers is common for all GATE candidates.
Zone-wise examination city list for GATE 2016
Choice of Examination City: There are two primary choices and one secondary choice. If you choose a particular city as your first choice, then the corresponding zone to which this city belongs will appear, and you will be able to choose another city as your second choice only from this zone. These choices will be your primary choices in a specific zone. However, a third choice has also been introduced in GATE 2016, which is your secondary choice. The list of 3rd choice cities will be as specified by each zone and this will be used only when your cities of primary choice are not available.
Table above gives the list of the cities (zone-wise) in which GATE 2016 will be held. Also shown in the table is the Zonal Offices (one of the IITs or IISc). The Zonal Office dealing with your application will be your point of contact for any enquiries regarding your examination center and other matters.
Why should I choose three examination cities?
Generally, you will be allotted a centre in the examination city of your first choice. Only in cases where it becomes difficult to accommodate you in the examination city of your first choice, your other two choices will be considered. A candidate is required to fill his/her primary as well as secondary choices, but should remember that because of operational constraints, the GATE committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be any of the choices of a candidate.
Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City.
Candidates are advised to take a wise decision while selecting exam cities while filling GATE 2016 application form. Requests for change of examination city will be accepted till 20th November 2015 with a fee of Rs. 400/-(four hundred only) to be paid online using GOAPS.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.