Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Entrance Examination 2014 for UG Courses
- Submission of Application Online: 11 Mar 2014 to 17 Apr 2014
- Admit Card Download: 30 Apr 2014 to 25 May 2014
- Date of Entrance Examination: 25 May 2014
- Declaration of Result: 15.06.2014
Intake and Breakup of Seats
|Name of the Course||
Name of the College
|GENERAL SEAT||COST SHARING SEATS||TOTAL NOS. OF SEAT|
|Reserved Category||un- reserved||Total||ReservedCategory||Un- reserved||TOTAL|
|ICAR/ VCI||SC||ST||GCH||Ph. Dis.||NRI||SC||ST|
|B.Sc. (Ag.)||College of Agriculture, Bhubaneswar.||17||17||8||6||3||61||112||10||12||6||52||80||192|
|B.Sc. (Ag.)||College of Agriculture, Chiplima||7||7||4||2||1||27||48||0||0||0||0||0||48|
|B.Sc. (Ag.)||College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna||7||7||4||2||1||27||48||0||0||0||0||0||48|
|B. Sc. (Hort.)||College of Horticulture Chiplima||4||4||2||1||1||16 (including
5 seats for western Odisha candidates
|B.Sc. (Forestry)||College of Forestry, Bhubaneswar||4||4||2||1||1||16||28||0||3||2||15||20||48|
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.||College of Vety. Sc.& A.H. Bhubaneswar||6||6||3||2||1||22||40||5||6||3||26||40||80|
|B.Tech. (Agril.Engg.)||College ofAgril. Engg.& Technology, Bhubaneswar||5||5||2||2||1||17||32||5||5||2||20||32||64|
|B.F.Sc||College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda||3||3||2||1||1||10||20||0||4||2||22||28||48|
|B.Sc. (HomeScience)||College of Home Science, Bhubaneswar||5||5||2||2||1||17||32||0||0||0||0||0||32|
Reservation: ICAR/VCI:15%, SC-15%, ST- 7.5 %, GCH-5% Ph.Dis.-3%
1. The seats reserved separately for SC & ST candidates are not interchangeable.
2. The SC, ST, Green Card Holders and Physically Disabled candidates with minimum 40% disability certificate to be issued by a Medical Board will also be considered with the General candidates for admission on the basis of merit besides their claims for reserved seats as per their choice.
3. The reserved seats for SC & ST candidates, Green Card Holders, Physically Disabled candidates, ICAR/VCI nominees falling vacant after the due dates shall be de-reserved and filled up by unreserved candidates on the basis of merit.
4. For admission into B.Sc. (Hort.) two seats for SC candidates, one seat for ST candidate, one seat for GCH candidate, five seats for unreserved candidates under general seats and one seat for SC candidate, five seats for unreserved candidates under cost sharing seats shall be reserved for candidates of Western Odisha. Candidates claiming for such reservation shall submit the permanent residential certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahasildar of his/her native area. In case of non-availability of suitable candidates, the seats will be de- reserved.
4.1 In the event of non production of all original required documents at the time of his /her term of admission / counseling, he / she will not be allowed to take admission .
5. Over and above the intake capacity and subject to the fulfilling the minimum eligibility in Sub-Clause 2.1
5.1 15% of the seats be made available for Foreign Candidates.
5.2 One seat will be made available for the Children of the Kashmir Migrants in each College. The candidate has to produce the domicile certificate from the District Magistrate, Govt. of J&K, in the Kashmir Division within whose jurisdiction his/her parents had ordinarily resided during 1st January, 1980 and 31st December, 1989 by five years. Selection of the candidates for admission shall be based on the merit (Weighted Score).
5.3 10 (ten) seats (Clause 3) in Agriculture/ Horticulture and Fishery shall be made available for State Government of Odisha Sponsored VAW/LVAW/Gardener/Fishery subject to fulfilling the minimum qualification of +2 Science, out of which 2 seats in each Colleges i.e. College of Agriculture, Bhubaneswar, College of Agriculture, Chiplima, College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna, College of Horticulture, Chiplima and College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda, Berhampur are available for admission. The names on seniority basis alongwith the place of study of the sponsored candidates be submitted by the concerned Government Department which should reach the Registrar, OUAT before the last date of admission.
6. Candidates seeking admission under Foreign Quota under Sub-Clause 5.1 / NRI Quota (Clause-3) shall be required to produce the Xerox copies of VISA and PASS PORT of themselves or of the sponsoring persons (Parents/nearest relatives) which are at least valid till the last date of admission. The above Xerox copies should be submitted to the Registrar, OUAT, Bhubaneswar along with a sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure -III) from the sponsoring person and should be submitted alongwith Form -‘B’. Photo copy of VISA & PASSPORT should be submitted along with in its English version. The candidate should produce the Permanent Residentship Certificate from the NRI Sponsorer of the respective country where he is residing at present .
There will be a COMMON ENTRANCE EXAMINATION for selection of the candidates for admission into B.Sc.(Ag), B.Sc. (Forestry), B. Sc. (Horticulture), B.F.Sc., B.V.Sc. & A.H., B. Tech. (Agril. Engg.) and B.Sc.(Home Science) courses. The candidates for admission will be selected solely on the basis of Merit (Weighted Score) which is based on his/her academic career performance, Entrance Examination and Extra curricular activities. If two or more candidates secure the same computed score, the tie shall be resolved and their merit positions will be decided on the basis of higher marks in the Entrance Examination or +2 Science/equivalent or HSC/equivalent in that order The candidates seeking admission into B.Sc (Forestry) Course should qualify Physical Endurance Test to be conducted before counseling of each category. To appear at Physical Endurance Test, the candidates should posses the minimum physical standard as follows.
- Male (General & SC) = 163cm.,ST = 152cm
- Female (General & SC) = 150cm., ST = 145cm
2) Chest girth
- Male = 79cm to 84cm (Minimum 5 cm. expansion)
- Female =74cm to 79 cm (Minimum 5 cm. expansion)
3) Physical capacity for Fast walking in four hours :-
- Male = 25km
- Female = 14km
1. Entrance Test
The Entrance Examination will be of objective(multiple choice) test for 200 marks of two hours duration and the medium of Examination will be English. The subjects of examination and marks distribution are indicated below.
Candidates are to answer Physics, Chemistry and either Mathematics or Biology.
2. Weightage to Academic Career and Entrance Examination:
Weighted score of candidates will be calculated on the basis of his/her academic career and Entrance Examination as given below:
|a) H.S.C. / equivalent||25%|
|b) +2 Sc. /equivalent||25%|
|c) Entrance Examination||50%*|
*i.e. 1/4th of the total mark secured in the Entrance Examination
2.1 The H.S.C. marks without extra optional and +2 Science mark in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology (whichever is higher) will be taken in to account.
2.2 In case of candidates who have passed any of the examinations compartmentally, the average marks of the 1st and 2nd examinations will be taken for computation of the weighted score.
2.3 Candidates with outstanding records in extra curricular activities as detailed below will be given extra weightage over the score computed from career marks and marks secured in the Entrance Examination. The following percentage of marks under different extra curricular activities of the students will be added to the computed score of the Academic Career and Entrance Examination to arrive at the final score.
|Extra Curricular Activities||Percentage of Score to be added|
|NCC||Candidates who have passed ‘B’ Certificate||10%|
|NSS||Volunteers who have||Direct admission without Entrance Examination subject to eligibility|
|i) Represented the country in NSS at the International Level||7%|
|ii) Received National Award||5%|
|iii) Received State NSS Award||3%|
|iv) Found to be the best at the University level|
|SPORTS||Candidates who have represented the State in any sports events at all India level.||10%|
|Candidates who have represented the Country in any sports event at International levelDirect Admission without Entrance Examination subject to Eligibility, production and verification by Dean, Students Welfare for sports certificate.|
- The students participating in games and sports event duly recognised and notified by the Director of Sports for such purpose shall be eligible for the consideration to get the weightage.
- The students will submit a separate certificate on the participation in the games/sports from the Director of Sports & Youth Services for taking the advantage of the weightage in marks for admission.
- A student who is desirous of availing such concessions either in Games and Sports or in other extra curricular activities must have achieved the distinction at the +2 level.
4. The ICAR/VCI nominated candidates/Foreign Candidates/State Government sponsored candidates for admission against reserved seats are not required to appear at the Common Entrance Examination. They will be admitted as such against the Reserved Seats.
5. The students except B.V.Sc. & A.H Course of this University who were detained in the
1st Semester of 1st year of any Undergraduate Courses due to shortage of attendance shall have to apply afresh even if they appear the mid-term examination and compete with others for admission.
5.1 Any student of B.V.Sc. & A.H. who are found detained before 1st Annual composite examination due to shortage of attendance shall have to appear afresh and compete with others for admission.
6. Illustration for computation of weighted score
If a candidate has secured 58% marks (excluding Extra Optional marks) in H.S.C./equivalent, 67% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology in +2 Science and 123 marks out of 200 in the Entrance Test, his/her weighted score is 0.25X 58+0.25 X67+ 0.25X 123 =62.00.
In addition to the above weightage , if the candidate has passed NCC ‘B’ Certificate, he/she gets an additional weightage of 6.20 (i.e. 10% of 62.00) and his/her final weightage score becomes 62.00+6.20=68.20.
1. A merit list of the candidates category wise will be prepared basing on the weighted score (as under Clause – 4) for all the U.G. Courses listed under the Sub-Clause 2.1 and will be uploaded on OUAT website. Admission will be made through Counseling (Clause -3) strictly according to the merit subject to eligibility .
2. The intimation letter specifying the date and time of the counseling of the concerned selected candidates for appearing at counseling will be available in Website (www.ouat.ac.in) which may be downloaded by the candidates. However intimation letter through Registered Post/Speed Post will also be sent separately for the purpose.
3. Admission will be conducted by an Admission Board in a phased manner spread over 5 working days. After the first phase of counseling, if required, admission may be made by subsequent counseling subject to availability of seats.
4. Once a candidate exercises his/her option before the Admission Board for a particular Course and is allowed admission into that Course, no changeover to another Course shall be allowed thereafter under any circumstances.
5. Eligible candidates interested for admission will have to appear before the Admission Board on the date and time as indicated in the intimation letter and produce the Original Certificates and Mark sheets as required under Sub-Clause 6.2 and Sub Clause 8.8 for verification. Candidates who fail to produce the original certificates and mark sheets before the Admission Board will forfeit their claim for admission. No time shall be allowed for production of the original certificates and mark sheets that determine eligibility and merit. A candidate will have the option to choose any of the Courses listed under Sub-Clause 2.1 for admission subject to his/her eligibility and availability of seats in that course.
6. The candidates, who failed to appear before the Admission Board on the scheduled date and time will automatically and irrevocably forfeit their claim for admission.
7. Candidates selected for admission are required to produce the following documents at the time of admission.
- Original Intimation letter -cum-rank card.
- Original mark sheets of H.S.C/ S.S.C./Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE/ICSC as the case may be.
- Original mark sheets of +2 Science from CHSE/ CBSE/ICSC.
- C.L.C. and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended. e) Original documents in support of any special claim.
- Original Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed Form.
- Original Migration Certificate for candidates, who have passed +2 Science from the University / Board other than OUAT
- Permission Letter from the employer in case of employed.
7.1 All the admitted candidates need to submit an affidavit as per the UGC guideline on declaring of non indulging in ragging activities to their respective Dean/Directors/Associate Dean with in 15 days from the date of admission.
N.B.: Mark sheet issued by the School and College shall not be accepted.
8. Candidates selected for admission failed to submit their College Leaving Certificate / Conduct Certificate may be provisionally allowed to take admission on submission of an undertaking to submit the said documents within five working days following the date of admission, failing which their provisional admission will be forfeited. The candidates belonging to the University / Institutions of outside State will be allowed ten working days following the date of admission on the same condition.
9. Candidates provisionally admitted into any of the U.G. Courses without submission of Migration Certificate will have to submit the Migration Certificate within 1st Semester of 1st year, failing which they will not be allowed to appear at the 1st Semester examination.
10. The Sponsored Candidates of the State Government shall submit his / her relieve order within a fortnight of admission at the latest, failing which his / her provisional admission shall be treated as cancelled.
11. All the candidates admitted into any Under-Graduate Course shall submit a Medical Fitness Certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure-IV)from a Govt. Medical Officer / Regd. medical practitioner not below the rank of Asst. Surgeon at the time of admission.
12. The original documents like CLC, Conduct Certificate and Migration Certificate submitted by the candidates will not be returned to them in any circumstances.
13. If a candidate belongs to more than one category, he/she can attend the counseling centre until he/she gets admission. A candidate can exercise his/ her option only once. His/her name will be deleted from the merit list, once he/she takes admission to any particular course, he/she will not be considered for admission subsequently.
14. If a candidate for admission is found to have indulged in ragging and expelled in the past or if it is noticed later that he / she is indulging in ragging, the admission will be refused or he/she will be expelled from the University / College.