Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2017 is looked forward to be conducted by Symbiosis International University. Students can appear for SET 2017 to get admission in constituent institutes of Symbiosis that offer admission on basis of SET Test. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for SET 2017 and consequently download hall tickets. Simultaneously one has to apply in institutes where they are interested for UG admission. After exam, SET Exam Result 2017 will be announced. On basis of that institutes will release shortlist of candidates and conduct further processes for admission 2017-2018.
Get here complete details of Symbiosis Entrance Test 2017 such as dates, eligibility, application form, admit card, result.
Date of Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2017 exam is likely to be in May 2017.
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2017
Programs offered: BBA LLB, BA LLB, B.Des, BBA, BCA, BA, BSc Economic Honors, B.Sc Liberal Arts, B.Tech, B.Sc Nursing, B.Sc MT.
Institutes of Symbiosis where admission is on basis of Symbiosis Entrance Test
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School – Pune
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School- Noida
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School- Hyderabad
- SID: Symbiosis Institute of Design
- SICSR: Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research
- SCMS – P: Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies- Pune
- SCMS – N: Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies-Noida
- SCMC: Symbiosis Center for Media & Communication
- SSE: Symbiosis School of Economics
- SSLA : Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts
- SIT: Symbiosis Institute of Technology
- SIHS: Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences
- SCON: Symbiosis College of Nursing
It is expected that SIU will publish dates of SET 2017 in February. However SIT Pune has mentioned some dates on its official website www.sitpune.edu.in, which are perhaps tentative SET 2017 important dates. We have mentioned them here in table below. Please keep in mind that the official website of SET Test 2017 is yet to notify these dates, only SIT Pune has published them on its website.
|Registration Starts||10 Feb 2017|
|Registration Closes||14 Apr 2017|
|Payment Closes||09 Jun 2017|
|SET Examination Date||06 May 2017|
|Report in the Institute for counseling & Admission `based on SET merit||04 Jun 2017|
|Report in the Institute for counseling & Admission through JEE(Main)||11 Jun 2017|
Insofar, only schedule has been announced. Other details of SET 2017 have not been officially announced yet. Details given below are as per last year’s exam and is only for reference. As soon as SET 2017 details are released, they will be updated here.
SET Eligibility Criteria
Symbiosis Centre for International Education takes care of International Students aspiring for admission to the Constituent Institutes of Symbiosis International University. Categories listed under International Students Admissions:
Person of Indian Origin (PIO)
- A student is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO), if he/she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
Foreign National (FN)
- A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN), if he/she holds a foreign passport.
Non Resident Indian (NRI)
- A student is eligible to apply to apply as a Non Resident Indian (NRI), if he/she has appeared either for the 10 or 10+2 (equivalent to the Indian 10th & 12th) examination outside India.
Note: It is mandatory for the student who fails in the NRI Category and has appeared for 12th in India to appear for the SET Test.
As per the UGC guideline 2006, the reservation policy for all the institutes under the University is as follows:
Within the sactioned intake
- Differently Abled-3%
Over and above the intake
- Kashmir Migrants-2 seats per programme
- International Students – 15%
Defence Quota – 5% for SLS-PUNE and SICSR, SCMS-Pune.
Note: Candidate applying for the above mentioned categories will be required to submit the supporting documents at the time of PI-WAT.
SET Exam Pattern
Last year’s exam pattern was as follows.
Symbiosis Entrance Test has 5 different papers; namely, General, Design, Law, Engineering and Health Sciences.
The test will be conducted in two sessions, morning and afternoon.
|Law||Symbiosis Law School. [SLS] – Pune
Symbiosis Law School. [SLS] -Noida
Symbiosis Law School. [SLS]- Hyderabad
|Design||Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]|
|General||Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune
Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication [SCMC]
Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-Noida
Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts [SSLA]
|Engineering||Symbiosis Institute of Technology [SIT]|
|Health Sciences||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences [SIHS]
Symbiosis College of Nursing [SCON]
A candidate may take more than one paper. However, he will have to choose one paper from morning session and one paper from afternoon session.
- Duration: The duration for SET is 150 minutes.
- The SET is an objective test.
- Papers: The SET is conducted in two sessions for a total of FIVE question papers. A candidate may choose to apply for one paper in each session.
- Institutes: The constituent institutes use scores of the following details for admission.
The SET is an aptitude test and is objective in nature (for all the papers). Each question presents four options as answers. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. All sections are mandatory.
SET Test Centres
SET test was conducted in 19 cities last year. A candidate can choose any one city. The centre and its address will be informed to the candidate on the admit card.
SET 2017 Selection Procedure
Given selection process is as per the last year examination process.
A candidate aspiring to pursue an undergraduate programme at Symbiosis should carefully follow the actions to be taken in 3 stages mentioned below.
Stage 1: SET Test
- You need to upload your latest scanned photograph at the time of registration
- Follow the instructions for payment of test fee on the SET Website.
- Print SET 2017 admit card directly from the SET website from scheduled date.
- Bring the admit card and a photo identity to the test centre. It will be authenticated during the Test.
- If the admit card is lost, no duplicate admit card will be issued.
- Appear for the test.
Stage 2: Apply online to the desired SIU’s constituent institutes.
- The SET website allows a facility to directly apply online to an institute.
- Candidates may also apply from the institute’s website
- To apply for admission to an institute, a candidate must register for the relevant SET paper. For example, to apply to Symbiosis Law School, register for Law paper at SET.
- Candidates applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT), Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis College Of Nursing (SCON) or Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts [SSLA] with other than SET 2017 score should refer to the respective institute websites and apply.
Stage 3: Attend further selection ELIGIBILITY process of the chosen institutes, if invited.
- Each institute has its own cutoff, as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The institutes will announce short listed candidates for attending further selection process.
- The individual institute as per their schedules will announce short listed candidates list & waiting list.
- For details of selection process and schedules, please refer to the website of respective institute(s).
It is a mandatory written test for the admission process for the undergraduate programmes of the following Symbiosis institutes namely:-
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Pune
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication (SCMC UG)
- Symbiosis Center for Management Studies (SCMS) Noida
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS UG) Pune
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts (SSLA)
- Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)
- Symbiosis Law School [SLS] – Hyderabad
However, SET is not mandatory for
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)
- Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP).
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) :- [For International Baccalaureate (IB) students are exempt from SET].
Note: Candidates who are applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) and Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis School of Nursing (SCON), Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) [for IB students only] and Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP) should visit their websites for further details.
Candidate should note that SET is only the first step. Each Symbiosis institute has its independent selection process.