SET 2015 (Symbiosis Entrance Test) will be held on May 2, 2015. This common written test is conducted each year as Symbiosis Entrance Test or SET 2015, to identify candidates for second round of selection procedure of various colleges under Symbiosis International University. Admission to UG programmes in SIU will be done through SET 2015 (Round 1) and PI-WAT (Round 2). Get here complete details of Symbiosis Entrance Test, SET 2015 such as dates, eligibility, application form, admission procedure.
SET 2015 – Symbiosis Entrance Test
The important dates of SET 2015 are as given below.
|Availability of SET 2015 online application form.||February 11, 2015|
|Last date to apply for SET 2015.||April 12, 2015|
|Symbiosis Entrance Test date of exam.||May 02, 2015|
|SET Result Declaration.||May 18, 2015|
SET 2015 Payment will close on April 16th, 2015 11:59 PM.
SET 2015 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria depends upon the course and institute you wish to apply for. For engineering, health sciences, law, design, and other courses the conditions for eligibility shall differ. General eligibility conditions for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2015 shall be as follows.
- Applicants having completed their 10+2 in any discipline from any recognized Board / Council / University with a minimum qualifying marks required by the institute, are eligible to seek admission.
- Candidates expecting their 12th results may also apply. Their admission will be provisional and subject to furnishing proof of securing minimum qualifying marks.
- Failure to furnish proof shall render their admission null and void. No extra time will be given for submission of final mark sheet even in the case of students who have applied for revaluation.
Schedule of SET 2015 on May 2, 2015
SET 2015 Application Form
In order to appear in the Symbiosis Entrance Test for engineering, law, design, and health sciences, candidates need to first register for SET 2015. As per calendar of events published by SIMC, SET 2015 application form is now available from February 11, 2015. Candidates will get a window of around 10 weeks to fill up the online application form.
Application form of SET 2015 has been issued online at www.set-test.org from Feb. Last date to apply for SET Test is expected to be April 12, 2015.
As per the usual trend followed by SIU, the entrance exam shall be held on the first Saturday of May 2015, that would be May 2, 2015.
SET 2015 Selection Procedure
Candidates may please note that appearing and qualifying merit in the Symbiosis Entrance Test is only the first step. Thereafter, candidate is required to apply individually to the concerned Symbiosis Institute and follow specific admission procedure for that college.
Please note that the important dates, and such details have been announced for SET 2015. Further details of Symbiosis Entrance Test such as admission rounds, have been given here as per this year’s information brochure. Candidate may check the page at regular intervals to stay updated with news and updates on SET exam.
A candidate aspiring to pursue an undergraduate programme at Symbiosis should carefully follow the actions to be taken in 3 stages mentioned below.
Stage 1: SET Test
- Register online.
For Engineering and Health Sciences, if a candidate wishes to offer scores other than SET, he/she need not register for SET and apply directly to the concerned institute.
- Follow the instructions for payment of test fee on the SET 2015 Exam website.
- Print SET 2015 admit card directly from the SET website.
- Bring the admit card and a photo identity to the test centre. It will be authenticated during the Test.
- Appear for the test.
Stage 2: Apply online to the desired SIU’s constituent institutes.
- The SET website allows a facility to directly apply online to an institute.
- Candidates may also apply from the institute’s website
- To apply for admission to an institute, a candidate must register for the relevant SET paper. For example, to apply to Symbiosis Law School, register for Law paper at SET.
- Candidates applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT), Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis College Of Nursing (SCON) or Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts [SSLA] with other than SET score should refer to the respective institute websites and apply.
Stage 3: Attend further selection process of the chosen institutes, if invited.
- Each institute has its own cutoff, as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The institutes will announce short listed candidates for attending further selection process.
- The individual institute as per their schedules will announce short listed candidates list & waiting list.
- For details of selection process and schedules, please refer to the website of respective institute(s).
It is a mandatory written test for the admission process for the undergraduate programmes of the following Symbiosis institutes namely:-
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Pune
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR PG)
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC UG)
- Symbiosis Center for Management Studies (SCMS) Noida
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS UG) Pune
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts (SSLA)
- Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)
- SSymbiosis Law School [SLS] – Hyderabad
However, SET is not mandatory for
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)
- Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP).
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) :- [For International Baccalaureate (IB) students are exempt from SET].
SET 2015 Exam Pattern
Symbiosis Entrance Test has 5 different papers; namely, General, Design, Law, Engineering and Health Sciences.
|Law||Symbiosis Law School. [SLS] – Pune
Symbiosis Law School. [SLS] -Noida
Symbiosis Law School. [SLS]- Hyderabad
|Design||Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]|
|General||Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research
[SICSR]Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – PuneSymbiosis Institute of Media & Communication [SIMC-UG]Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE]Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-NoidaSymbiosis School of Liberal Arts [SSLA]
|Engineering||Symbiosis Institute of Technology [SIT]|
|Health Sciences||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences [SIHS]
Symbiosis College of Nursing [SCON]
A candidate may take more than one paper. However, he will have to choose one paper from morning session and one paper from afternoon session.