The Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a common written test for the admission processes at the undergraduate institutes of Symbiosis International University. This test is conducted in many cities for the convenience of students and parents too. Candidates can check the complete details of SET 2016 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2016
Candidates could fill their application form for SET 2016 from the official website as per the schedule. SET 2016 (Symbiosis Entrance Test) will be held in the month of May 2016. This common written test is conducted each year by Symbiosis International Univesity. Admit card has been issued to those candidates who had filled their application on or before the last date. The SET score card is available on the website for a period of one month from the date of declaration of results.
Latest – Admit card of SET Exam 2016 is now available.
The Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) also admits students through JEE Main conducted at the national level.
Schedule for the Symiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2016 is given below.
|Registration Starts||05 Feb 2016|
|Registration Closes||14 Apr 2016|
|Payment Closes||18 Apr 2016|
|Availability of Admit Card||23 Apr 2016|
|SET Examination Date||07 May 2016|
|SET Result||20 May 2016|
SET Eligibility Criteria for International Students
Symbiosis Centre for International Education takes care of International Students aspiring for admission to the Constituent Institutes of Symbiosis International University. Categories listed under International Students Admissions:
Person of Indian Origin (PIO)
- A student is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO), if he/she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
Foreign National (FN)
- A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN), if he/she holds a foreign passport.
Non Resident Indian (NRI)
- A student is eligible to apply as a Non Resident Indian (NRI), if he/she has appeared either for the 10 or 10+2 (equivalent to the Indian 10th & 12th) examination outside India.
Note : It is mandatory for the student who falls in the NRI Category and has appeared for 12th in India to appear for the SET Test.
As per the UGC guideline 2006, the reservation policy for all the institutes under the University is as follows:
Within the sanctioned intake
- SC – 15 %
- ST – 7.5 %
- Differently Abled – 3 %
Over and above the intake
- Kashmir Migrants – 2 seats per programme
- International Students – 15 %
Defence Quota – 5 % for SLS-PUNE and SICSR, SCMS-Pune.
Note: Candidate applying for the above mentioned categories will be required to submit the supporting documents at the time of PI-WAT.
SET Exam Pattern
Symbiosis Entrance Test has 5 different papers; namely, General, Design, Law, Engineering and Health Sciences.
The test will be conducted in two sessions, morning and afternoon.
- Morning Session : 9.30 am to 12.00 noon – Law and Design
- Afternoon Session : 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm – General, Engineering and Health Science
|Law||Symbiosis Law School. [SLS] – Pune
Symbiosis Law School. [SLS] -Noida
Symbiosis Law School. [SLS]- Hyderabad
|Design||Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]|
|General||Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune
Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication [SCMC]
Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-Noida
Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts [SSLA]
|Engineering||Symbiosis Institute of Technology [SIT]|
|Health Sciences||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences [SIHS]
Symbiosis College of Nursing [SCON]
A candidate may take more than one paper. However, he will have to choose one paper from morning session and one paper from afternoon session.
- Duration: The duration for SET is 150 minutes.
- The SET is an objective test.
- Papers: The SET is conducted in two sessions for a total of FIVE question papers. A candidate may choose to apply for one paper in each session.
- Institutes: The constituent institutes use scores of the following details for admission.
The SET is an aptitude test and is objective in nature (for all the papers). Each question presents four options as answers. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. All sections are mandatory.
SET Test Centres
SET test is conducted in 19 cities. A candidate may choose any one city. The centre and its address will be informed to the candidate on the admit card.
SET 2016 Selection Procedure
A candidate aspiring to pursue an undergraduate programme at Symbiosis should carefully follow the actions to be taken in 3 stages mentioned below.
Stage 1: SET Test
You may register for one paper in the morning (for example, Law or Design), and one paper in the afternoon session (for example, Engineering, General or Health Sciences).
For Engineering and Health Sciences, if a candidate applies for seek admission on the basis of test other than SET, he/she need not register for SET; rather he/she may apply directly to the concerned institute.
- You need to upload your latest scanned photograph at the time of registration
- Follow the instructions for payment of test fee of Rs. 1500/- on the SET Website.
- Print SET 2016 admit card directly from the SET website from scheduled date.
- Bring the admit card and a photo identity to the test centre. It will be authenticated during the Test.
- If the admit card is lost, no duplicate admit card will be issued.
- Appear for the test.
Stage 2: Apply online to the desired SIU’s constituent institutes.
- The SET website allows a facility to directly apply online to an institute.
- Candidates may also apply from the institute’s website
- To apply for admission to an institute, a candidate must register for the relevant SET paper. For example, to apply to Symbiosis Law School, register for Law paper at SET.
- Candidates applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT), Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis College Of Nursing (SCON) or Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts [SSLA] with other than SET 2016 score should refer to the respective institute websites and apply.
Stage 3: Attend further selection ELIGIBILIprocess of the chosen institutes, if invited.
- Each institute has its own cutoff, as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The institutes will announce short listed candidates for attending further selection process.
- The individual institute as per their schedules will announce short listed candidates list & waiting list.
- For details of selection process and schedules, please refer to the website of respective institute(s).
It is a mandatory written test for the admission process for the undergraduate programmes of the following Symbiosis institutes namely:-
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Pune
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR PG)
- Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication (SCMC UG)
- Symbiosis Center for Management Studies (SCMS) Noida
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS UG) Pune
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts (SSLA)
- Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)
- Symbiosis Law School [SLS] – Hyderabad
However, SET is not mandatory for
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)
- Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP).
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) :- [For International Baccalaureate (IB) students are exempt from SET].
Note: Candidates who are applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) and Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis School of Nursing (SCON), Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) [for IB students only] and Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP) should visit their websites for further details.
Candidate should note that SET is only the first step. Each Symbiosis institute has its independent selection process.