Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) is a common written test for the admission processes of undergraduate institutes of Symbiosis International University established as under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12/2001 U.3 of the Govt. of India. In the year 2002 there were 3 constituent institutes of SIU. Subsequently ten more Institutes of Symbiosis have been brought under the ambit of Symbiosis International University vide notification No.F.9.12/2006-U.3 (A).
SET 2014 Quick Links
SET 2014 Important Information
It is a mandatory written test for the admission process for the undergraduate programmes of the following Symbiosis institutes namely:-
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Pune
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC UG)
- Symbiosis Center for Management Studies (SCMS) Noida
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS UG) Pune
- Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)
However, SET is not mandatory for
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts (SSLA)
SET 2014 Admission Process
Candidate should note that SET is only the first step. Each Symbiosis institute has its independent selection process.
- SET-2014 has 5 different papers; namely, General, Design, Law, Engineering and Health Sciences.
- The test will be conducted in two sessions, morning and afternoon.
- A candidate may take more than one paper. However, he will have to choose one paper from morning session and one paper from afternoon session.
|Sessions and Time||Paper||Institutes|
9.30 am to 12.00 noon
|Law||Symbiosis Law School.[SLS] – Pune
Symbiosis Law School.[SLS] – Noida
|Design||Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]|
2.30 pm to 5.00 pm
|General||Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies[SCMS] – Pune
Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication[SIMC-UG]
Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE]
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies[SCMS]-Noida
Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts [SSLA]
|Engineering||Symbiosis Institute of Technology[SIT]|
|Health Sciences||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences.[SIHS]
Symbiosis College of Nursing [SCON]
A candidate aspiring to pursue an undergraduate programme at Symbiosis should carefully follow the actions to be taken in 3 stages mentioned below:
Stage-1: SET Test
- Register online HERE
- You may register for one paper in the morning; viz,Law or Design and one paper in the afternoon session;viz,Engineering, General or Health Sciences.
For Engineering and Health Sciences, if a candidate wishes to offer scores other than SET, he/she need not register for SET and apply directly to the concerned institute.
- You need to upload your latest scanned photograph at the time of registration.
- Follow the instructions for payment of test fee of Rs. 1500/- on the SET website. This includes charges for prospectus of the undergraduate programmes at Symbiosis International University.
- Print “admit card” directly from the SET website from April 21, 2014 onwards.
- Bring the admit card and a photo identity to the test centre. It will be authenticated during the Test.
(Candidates shall preserve the authenticated admit card till the admission processes of the desired Symbiosis institutes are over. If the admit card is lost, no duplicate admit card will be issued.)
- Appear for the test.
Stage-2: Apply online to the desired SIU’s constituent institutes.
- The SET website ( www.set-test.org ) allows a facility to directly apply online to an institute.
- Candidates may also apply from the institute’s website
- To apply for admission to an institute, a candidate must register for the relevant SET paper. For example, to apply to Symbiosis Law School, register for Law paper at SET.
- Candidates applying to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT), Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Symbiosis College Of Nursing (SCON) or Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts [SSLA] with other than SET-2014 score should refer to the respective institute websites and apply.
Stage-3: Attend further selection process of the chosen institutes, if invited.
- Each institute has its own cutoff, as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The institutes will announce short listed candidates for attending further selection process.
- The individual institute as per their schedules will announce short listed candidates list & waiting list.
- For details of selection process and schedules, please refer to the website of respective institute(s).
- While adequate care is taken in ensuring that there are no mistakes in reading the answer sheet by the scanning machine, there is no provision of revaluation of the answer sheet of any candidate.
- The scores published by the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be final and shall not be subject to any appeal or revaluation.
- The SET score card will be available on the website for a period of one month from the date of declaration of results i.e. from May 19, 2014 to June 20, 2014.
- Those candidates paying through cash or DD, should ensure that,
- 1. Bank challan for cash payment, or
- 2. Demand Draft along with payment advice form for DD payment reaches
Symbiosis Test Secretariat by April 27, 2014 at the following address:-
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune – 412115.
Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be responsible for non-delivery or any delay on the part of Courier / Postal Services.
To complete registration process, a candidate is required to register online for SET Test at www.set-test.org and appear for the test. It is also mandatory to complete registration by filling up the on line application form of desired institute for desired programme before the closing date of application for the respective institute.
Most of the visitors viewed this page for:
|symbiosis entrance test||set 2014||symbiosis admit card 2014||symbiosis admit card||set symbiosis|