XLRI Jamshedpur has launched XAT 2018 Application Form on 16 August 2017. Registration for XAT 2018 can be done at xatonline.in. In order to register click on new registration link on top right of the screen. The first screen shows important dates for XAT 2018 registration and then, important points to remember while applying displays. Apply online now! The last date to apply and pay fees is 30 November 2017. XAT ID is generated as soon as the form is successfully submitted.
The application server sends an auto response confirmation email at candidate’s email ID as soon as registration completes. XAT ID and Password are conveyed through this email. Candidates can keep a print out of the XAT application form for future reference although there is no need to send it to XLRI. ID and password should be kept safely for login to check status, download admit card, and to check result.
In the event that candidate wishes to communicate regarding issues in application form, they must mention XAT ID, mobile number, date of birth, full name. A screenshot of the error (application failure or error message) must also be given in JPG/GIF/ MS word file format. Mention details of computer used also including OS, internet browser name and version.
XAT application form correction 2018 can be done before submitting the form. There is an “Edit” option in the registration form to edit mistakes. However, data entered under basic information cannot be modified.
Important dates for XAT registration 2018
Take note of the start date and last date to submit application form. Registration link shall be active only between these dates, end dates included. Candidates must avoid last minute rush and apply patiently to ensure that everything that is entered in form is correct.
|XAT 2018 Application Form Event||Date|
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||16 August 2017|
|Closure of registration of application||30 November 2017|
|Closure for editing application details||30 November 2017|
|Commencement of editing application details||16 August 2017|
|Closure for editing application details||30 November 2017|
|Last date for printing your application||15 December 2017|
|Online Fee Payment||16 August 2017 to 30 November 2017|
XAT 2018 Application Form Fee
The application fee refers to that amount which needs to be paid with the XAT 2018 application form. There are two components in it: exam application fee, XLRI program application fee. The exam fee has to be paid compulsorily. The XLRI programme has to be paid, per programme, for those programmes that the candidate is interested in pursuing at XLRI Xavier School of Management.
|Amount||Application fee||Candidates who wish to apply for XLRI programmes|
|Without late fee||Rs 1650||Rs 300 each|
|With late fee||Rs 2000||Rs 500 each|
Register here – Click here to apply for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2018.
Important things to know about XAT 2018 application form
The XAT ID will be needed for following actions.
- To print application form
- To download admit card.
Photograph and Signature Images Specifications For XAT 2018 Application Form
Candidates will upload scanned images of photograph and signature as per specifications given here.
|Dimension||200 x 230 pixels||140 x 60 pixels|
|Size||20kb – 50kb||10kb – 20kb|
Guidelines for Photograph
- Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture.
- The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
Guidelines for Signature
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The Signature will be used to put on the ADMIT CARD and wherever necessary.
- The Applicant’s signature obtained on the ADMIT CARD and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
Guidelines for scanning photograph and signature to upload in XAT Application Form
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option
XAT Application Form 2018 Instructions
Take note of the instructions with regards to XAT registration 2018.
- Provide a valid email address and mobile number.
- Quote your email (provided during the registration) and XAT ID for all future communication.
- Ensure that you use your personal email address only as your primary email address in the application. (If you use your official email address and in case you switch jobs, it would be difficult for us to communicate with you).
- Add [email protected] as trusted sources in the anti-Spam software of your email. Otherwise, either you will not receive important emails or they will get delivered to your Spam/junk folder.
- Access your emails regularly and ensure that your inbox is accessible.
- Note that the XAT ID and password gives you an individual login on www.xatonline.in and on frequent intervals, you need to check for mails from XAT & other associated institutes.
If you do not receive the registration confirmation mail, with your XAT ID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up, please check your spam/junk folder just in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If you are unable to locate the email, please write to [email protected] citing your primary email id. or call us up on 1800 419 2929 between 08.00 a.m. and 08.00 p.m. ( IST ) if you are unable to reach the customer care executive, please write to [email protected] XAT Office shall get back to you in 48 hours. (Excluding Holidays)
What action to take if there is a lot of delay in accessing registration page?
Internet speed and server load are two things that largely affect page load speed. If the page is taking too much time to load, please close registration and visit xatonline.in after 15-20 minutes.
How to know that XAT 2018 application form has been submitted?
As soon as registration completes, the page on-screen displays the same. Form gets submitted only after the “SUBMIT” button is clicked. Immediately, XAT ID is also generated.
Where will XAT ID and Password be available?
Candidates will receive XAT 2018 ID and Password by email. An auto-response confirmation email is delivered at registered email ID.
There are a few probable causes of non-delivery of email, even after form submission is successful; they are as follows:
Incorrect email ID has been provided in application form.
Policy of e-mail service provider regarding accepting and diverting such emails under bulk or spam mail or bouncing back without accepting.
What is the process of re-confirming that application form of XAT 2018 is saved?
Visit page for XAT 2018 application form re-print. Generate printout and preserve soft as well as hard copies.
What action should be taken if any of the following happens after completing the XAT 2018 application form: blank screen / internet disconnected / PC closed / PC hanged / PC shut down?
Open system and go to xatonline.in. Now proceed to application re-print page. Now there are two possibilities, either application got saved, or not. If application was saved then the application will be printed through re-print option. Else, re-apply.
Does registering for XAT 2018 make me eligible for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Candidates interested in XLRI needs to apply for the programmes of their choice. Please note that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in selection of the candidates in these institutes
For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website)
XAT is a common test for admission into academic programmes of XLRI.
How to know whether XAT Office has received demand draft?
Applicants will be able to see a message in their login after XAT Office receives demand draft.
Instructions For Details To Be Filled In XAT Registration / Application Form 2018
Percentage obtained in graduation
- If you are in final year, then enter aggrehate percentage of marks obtained until time of filling of form.
- Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage for graduation and post graduation.
Aggregate marks in board exam
- The candidate should take the aggregate of all the subjects for 10th.
- Please note that internship or articleship is not considered as work experience.
- Also, work-ex before graduation is not counted.
Candidates who are in final year of graduation can also apply for XAT 2018, subject to completing final exam year by June 10, 2018.
XAT Application Fee Payment Modes And Details 2018
You can either pay online or offline.
- Online modes include payment through credit card, debit card, online banking.
- Offline modes include payment by demand draft and cash.
How to pay by either of these modes are explained below.
#1. To pay online, simply proceed with online payment option when that step comes in the application form of XAT 2018. Next, opt between credit card, debit card, online banking. Login with card or online banking details and make payment.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional XAT ID and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Card charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
#2. Demand Draft to pay application fee has to be created by visiting a bank.
- Please make a DD made from any bank in favour of “XLRI JAMSHEDPUR” payable at JAMSHEDPUR.
- After making Demand Draft applicant need to visit XAT login page and update the DD details (DD Number, Date and Bank Name).
#3. Cash payment through challan
- The candidates are required to download the Challan Form and visit nearest IDBI Bank and make the payment. Check address of IDBI Bank Branches.
- The Bank Shall retain Bank’s Copy and return Candidate’s Copy of the challan to the candidate.
An NRI candidate “NRI” in context of XAT 2018 means Non-Resident Indian as defined in Income Tax Act, 1961 with the following clarifications: An individual is Non-Resident when he is “not a resident” or who is “not ordinarily resident”. A person is treated as “not ordinarily resident” when any of the following conditions is satisfied: If he/she has not been resident in India in nine out of ten preceding years; or If he/she has not been in India for a period of 730 days or more during the preceding seven years.
“Persons of Indian Origin” (PIO) means a person having foreign citizenship (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) without “NRI” status, but who holds a Foreign Passport at the time of sending application, consideration for admission and during the period of his study and he/she or anyone/ both of his/her parents or anyone / both of his /her grandparents is (or was) / are (or were) citizen (s) of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India or Section 2 (b) of Citizenship Act, 1955 (Act No. 57 of 1955).
“Foreign National” (FN) means an individual having citizenship of a foreign country (citizens of all countries other than India) and not having the status of “NRI” and/or “Persons of Indian Origin” (PIO).
Apply To XAT Associate Institutes
The candidate desirous of joining any of XAT Member Institutes has to follow the steps given below:
- Register for XAT 2018 at xatonline.in.
- Obtain the Application Form after registering online by making appropriate payment.
- Further details can be obtained from the respective Institution’s website or their Admissions office. Follow their registration/application procedure.
- Please note that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in selection of the candidates in these institutes.