CCMT 2020 – The round 1 CCMT seat allotment result 2020 has been delayed. This is due to some administrative reasons. The result expected to be announced soon at ccmt.nic.in, which initially was supposed to be out on June 17, 2020. CCMT is centralised common counselling that s held in complete online mode for allotment of seats in all NITs, IIEST Shibpur, and some IIITs & GFTIs. The counselling process includes registration, choice filling, choice locking, allotment of seats, acceptance of the seat, payment of the seat acceptance fee, and document verification. The entire process is online, for more information on CCMT 2020 like types of choices, steps of counselling, documents needed, and more, read below.
Latest: CCMT 2020 round 1 seat allotment result has been put on hold due to some administrative reasons. As soon as the result is announced, direct link to check the same will be uploaded on this page. Stay tuned.
The whole admission process is conducted in online mode. Candidates can check below some important dates related to CCMT 2020.
|CCMT 2020||Important Dates|
|Online registration, fee payment, choice filling||13 May – |
|Online Choice Locking||05 – |
|Automatic locking of saved choices|
|Round 1 seat allotment|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change for Round 1||28 – 30 Jun 2020|
|Round 2 seat allotment||05 Jul 2020|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee||05 – 08 Jul 2020|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||06 – 12 Jul 2020|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change for Round 2||16 – 18 Jul 2020|
|Round 3 seat allotment||22 Jul 2020|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee||22 – 24 Jul 2020|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||23 – 28 Jul 2020|
|Online admission in the Finally Allotted Institute||23 Jul – 03 Aug 2020|
|Online Withdrawal from the Admitted Institute||27 Jul – 10 Aug 2020|
Schedule of CCMT-2020 Special Rounds
|Advertisement and availability of Vacant Seats||04 Aug 2020|
Payment of Registration Fee
Special Round Participation Fee
Online Choice Filling
|05 – 10 Aug 2020|
|Online Choice Locking||08 – 10 Aug 2020|
|Automatic Locking of Saved Choices||10 Aug 2020|
|Publication of Special Round-1 Seat Allotment||13 Aug 2020|
|Document uploading and specifying Willingness||13 – 15 Aug 2020|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||14 – 17 Aug 2020|
|Online Change of Willingness / Withdrawal||19 – 20 Aug 2020|
|Publication of Special Round-2 Seat Allotment||23 Aug 2020|
|Online Document uploading||23 – 28 Aug 2020|
|Physical Reporting and Document verification at Allotted Institute||24 – 31 Aug 2020|
CCMT 2020 Seat Allotmnet
All registered candidates who have completed the choice filling and registration are allotted seats in the institutes. The allotments is done as per the choice of the candidates and the availability of seats in the institutes.
Seat allotments: CCMT 2020 round 1 seat allotment can be checked as per the schedule above at ccmt.nic.in.
CCMT 2020 Seat Matrix
The following total number of seats are available via CCMT 2020 counselling:
|Type of institute||Total seats|
- To check the detailed seat matrix – click here
CCMT 2020 Counselling Process
The entire counselling process consists of 3 stages.
Stage 1: Online Registration, Choice filling and locking of choices
Candidates have to register them for the online counselling process and pay the registration fee. After the payment is done now the candidates can select their choice of programme from all the participating institutes. Candidates must take a print out of the registration form which contains the locked choices. This form has to be signed by the candidate and submitted at the time of physical reporting.
Stage 2: Seat Allotment, Depositing Seat Acceptance Fee, Uploading Documents, Submitting Willingness and Online Document Verification
- Candidates are offered admission on the basis of choices made by them and the availability of seats in that particular institute.
- Candidates who have been allotted the seat have to pay a seat acceptance fee, upload the required documents, and submit willingness. Proof of fee payment has to be produced at the time of physical reporting at the finally allotted institute. The candidates can download the Provisional Seat Allotment Letter, upload documents and submit willingness only after payment of seat acceptance fee.
- Candidates have to choose from the following 3 options regarding willingness
Float: If candidates wish to participate in the next round for better-preferred choices across the Institutes.
Slide: If candidates wish to participate in the next round for their better-preferred choices only within the Institute allotted to them
Freeze: If candidates are happy with the current allotment and not interested in their better-preferred choices in the subsequent round.
- After all these, online document verification is done by verifying officer of the allotted institute. In case of a doubt regarding the documents, the Document Verifying Officer of the allotted Institute will raise a query to the candidate, against which the candidate can respond through his/her login.
- After successful online document verification, an ODVC (Online Document Verification Certificate) is generated. The candidate has to download it and produce its signed copy at the time of physical reporting in the finally allotted institute.
Stage 3: Admission in the allotted Institute
- If the candidate wants to confirm his admission in the allotted institute then he has to confirm it by paying the balance institute fee after Round 3 of the Regular rounds.
- After paying the balance fee, the candidate has to report physically at the allotted institute after Special Round 2.
Documents to be Uploaded for CCMT 2020 Online Document Verification
The colored scanned copies of the documents as mentioned in the list below have to be uploaded by the candidates for verification.
- DOB proof (Class 10 mark sheet / certificate)
- Photo ID proof
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Mark sheets of all semesters of qualifying exam
- Degree or Provisional Certificate
- GATE 2018/2019/2020 scorecard
- Category Certificate for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS. In case of OBC-NCL/ EWS category, the certificate must be issued on or after April 01, 2020
- Undertaking by the candidate on OBC-NCL status in the prescribed format available in CCMT website.
- PwD Certificate
Note: If the original certificates are not in English/Hindi, English/Hindi version/translation of such certificates, duly certified by the Principal/Director or other competent authority of the graduating Institute, is required during the verification of documents.
CCMT 2020 Special Rounds
There are going to be 2 special rounds after the completion of 3 regular rounds of admission. These are organized to fill the seats remaining vacant after the physical reporting of regular rounds. Those candidates who are going to register for special rounds need not pay the balance fee of the institute allotted during regular round. The candidates need to upload an affidavit in this regard.
A fresh registration needs to be done for participation in special rounds. Candidates need to pay SR Registration fee as well as SR Participation fee for this. If candidates get a seat during special rounds, participation fee is adjusted in the institute fee at the time of physically reporting. Also, candidates need to provide fresh choices.
Following candidates are eligible for CCMT 2020 Special Rounds
- Those who did not register for regular rounds of CCMT 2020 but fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who participated in regular rounds and got a seat.
- Those candidates who participated in regular rounds but did not get a seat.
- Candidates who participated in CCMT 2020 regular rounds and got a seat but the seat was canceled during document verification.
CCMT 2020 Merit List Preparation
The merit list for seat allotment is prepared on the basis of GATE scores. However, in case of same GATE scores of 2 or more candidates, following criteria is used to determine inter-se-merit of such candidates.
- Candidates with GATE 2018 scores are given preference.
- Next, candidates with GATE 2019 scores are preferred.
- In case of GATE scores of same year, preference is given to that candidate who has obtained better GATE marks out of 100.
- in case of further tie, All India Rank (AIR) is considered.
- If tie persists, Date of Birth is taken into consideration. Senior candidates are preferred.
- Even after all these steps, if tie persists, ranking is decided based on Random number generation. Candidate with lower random number is given priority.
CCMT 2020 Cutoff
CCMT cutoff indicates the maximum and minimum GATE marks range in which admission in a particular CCMT participating institute has been made. To check the same from last year follow the link below:
Documents Required During Physical Reporting
While reporting, the candidates have to produce all the documents in original, along with a set of self-attested photocopies, which they submitted during online document verification. Along with them, following additional documents also need to be produced.
- Proof of payment of Seat Acceptance Fee (SAF) along with a self-attested photocopy
- Original Migration certificate of Institute/University last attended
- Original Conduct Certificate from the Institute/University last attended
- Original Transfer certificate from the Institute/University last attended
- Printed copy of Registration form and locked choices
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter (PSAL) of the finally allotted seat in Round-3
- Online Document Verification Certificate (ODVC)
- 3 passport size color photographs
CCMT 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check below the type of fees they need to pay during CCMT.
|Fee Type||Description||Amount (in Rs)|
|Registration Fee||Non-refundable fee collected for participating in |
CCMT-2020 counselling process (Regular Rounds)
|2,500/- for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
2,000/- for SC/ST/PwD
|Fee collected when the candidate accepts the seat |
allotted to him/her. This is a part of Institute fee that
will be later adjusted against the finally allotted Institute’s admission fee
|30,000/- for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
10,000/- for SC/ST/PwD
|SR Registration Fee||Non-refundable fee collected for participating in |
|2,500/- for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
2,000/- for SC/ST/PwD
|SR Participation Fee||Fee collected during the registration of Special round |
to be adjusted against the Institute fee upon reporting
at the allotted institute
|40,000/- for GEN/GEN EWS/OBC|
10,000/- for SC/ST/PwD
CCMT 2020 Participating Institutes
Candidates can check below the participating institutes of CCMT 2020. There are in total 51 institute taking part in CCMT 2020.
|Participating Institute Name||Participating Institute State|
|Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar||Punjab|
|Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur||Rajasthan|
|Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh|
|National Institute of Technology, Agartala||Tripura|
|National Institute of Technology, Calicut||Kerala|
|National Institute of Technology, Delhi||New Delhi|
|National Institute of Technology, Durgapur||West Bengal|
|National Institute of Technology, Goa||Goa|
|National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur||Himachal Pradesh|
|National Institute of Technology, Karnataka, Surathkal||Karnataka|
|National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya||Meghalaya|
|National Institute of Technology, Nagaland||Nagaland|
|National Institute of Technology, Patna||Bihar|
|National Institute of Technology, Puducherry||Puducherry|
|National Institute of Technology, Raipur||Chhattisgarh|
|National Institute of Technology, Sikkim||Sikkim|
|National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh|
|National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur||Jharkhand|
|National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra||Haryana|
|National Institute of Technology, Manipur||Manipur|
|National Institute of Technology, Rourkela||Orissa|
|National Institute of Technology, Silchar||Assam|
|National Institute of Technology, Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||Tamil Nadu|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal||Telangana|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat||Gujarat|
|Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur||Maharashtra|
|National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand||Uttarakhand|
|National Institute of Technology, Mizoram||Mizoram|
|National Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior||Madhya Pradesh|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram, Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacture, Jabalpur||Madhya Pradesh|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara||Gujarat|
|International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar||Odisha|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune||Maharashtra|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool||Andhra Pradesh|
|National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi||Jharkhand|
|Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal||Punjab|
|School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada||Andhra Pradesh|
|Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, District Howrah||West Bengal|
|Central University of Rajasthan, Kishangarh||Rajasthan|
|Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh||Chandigarh|
|National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad||Maharashtra|
|School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh|
|Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Katra||Jammu & Kashmir|
|University of Hyderabad||Hyderabad|
|Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar||Assam|
CCMT 2020 Registration Extended
Due to some technical issues encountered on the pre-scheduled last day of registration, i.e, June 12, 2020, some candidates could not register and fill choices. Hence, the window for registration, fee payment and choice filling has been stretched till June 15, 2020. Official notice is available below.
Click here to download the registration extension notice.
CCMT 2020 Registration
To apply for CCMT counselling, candidates have to register with details like GATE credentials, qualifying degrees, personal details, etc. and paying the requisite registration fee. The registration can be done online only at ccmt.nic.in. Below are the basic steps for CCMT registration:
- Access the link fro registration
- Read all important details shown on the screen
- Fill in the GATE details asked
- Verify the OTP sent on their GATE registered email id and mobile number
- On verification the registration is complete. Students can the proceed to choice filling and locking.
Candidates can check below the registration fees for CCMT 2020:
Mode of Payment
Candidates can check below the different mode of payments through which the candidate can pay his registration fees.
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- E-challan at any branch of SBI
CCMT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is always advised to candidates to first check the eligibility criteria of the course then want to apply for and then fill out the form. Candidates can check below the eligibility criteria for CCMT 2020.
GATE score: Candidate should have a valid GATE score of year 2018 / 2019 / 2020.
Qualifying marks: Candidate should have scored at least 6.5 CGPA out of 10 or 60% for General / General-EWS / OBC category and 6.0 CGPA or 55% for SC / ST / PwD category in the qualifying degree.
In case, the result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a candidate. However, they need to show the final marks by September 15, 2020.
Branch allotment: The admission in the course and branch is solely dependent on the GATE paper the candidate have appeared in.
Special eligibility: The candidate has to fulfill the special eligibility criteria that is applicable in few participating institutes.
Others: Candidates who possess any certification form any of the professional societies (IE, ICE, AeSI, IIM, IIE, IETE, IIChemE) and have been enrolled before May 31, 2013, are also eligible to participate in some of the programmes.
Click here to check the Special Eligibility Criteria for CCMT 2020.
Official website: ccmt.nic.in
- Download Information Brochure
- Download CCMT FAQs 2020
- Participating institute list
- CCMT 2020 special eligibility
CCMT 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Centralized Counseling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. (CCMT-2020) is a common platform for candidates to apply for M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. programmes in all National Institue of Technologies (NITs), IIEST Shibpur, 8 IIITs, University of Hyderabad and many more colleges.
Ans : The official website of CCMT is ccmt.nic.in
Ans : Qualified candidate of GATE in 2018/2019 and 2020 are eligible to apply for CCMT.
Ans : Candidates can fill as many choices as he/she wants.
Ans : Candidate is given admission on the basis of the GATE score, choices made and seat availability.
Ans : No. Candidate can apply online only for CCMT.
Ans : It’s as per candidates choice. Candidate can provide any year's GATE scorecard.
Ans : Yes. it is compulsory. If no choice is filled in, no seat will be allotted.
Ans : Locking is the process of final submission of choices. Once the choices are locked, it cannot be modified
Ans : There are a total number of 3 rounds of seat allotment in CCMT.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.