CIPM Exam 2020 – The Chartered Financial Analyst® conducts CIPM exam ever year, in the month of March and September. Candidates can register for CIPM Mar 2020 exam online at cfainstitute.org. There are two level of CIPM exam – Level I and Level II. The exam is conducted in computer-based mode and offered in English language only. There are no such prerequisites to apply for CIPM program. Read this page below for more information on CIPM exam 2020.
CIPM Exam 2020
The CIPM Program curriculum is based on an advanced body of knowledge that is continuously reviewed and updated by investment practitioners. The actual exam domain weights may vary slightly from year to year, and some topics are combined for testing purposes. Check the schedule for CIPM 2020 exam from the table below.
CIPM 2020 Registration
The registration for CIPM exam can be done by online mode only. Those who enroll for the CIPM program for the first time get enrolled in it. Once the candidates successfully complete the registration process, they can schedule appointment at a Prometric test center and, if needed, request disability accommodations.
CIPM 2020 registration fee – Candidates need to pay the following amount of registration fee for CIPM exam.
|Registration||Amount of Fee|
|Early registration||US$ 475|
|Standard registration||US$ 675|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the above-given exam fee by either of the following ways:
- Credit card: American Express, Diner’s Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, UnionPay, or Visa.
- Wire transfer, ACH, check, money order, or postal order.
CIPM 2020 Exam Appointment
The candidates will have to schedule their exam appointment with Pearson VUE at least 9 days before the exam window closes. If a candidate cancels and/or reschedule their appointment at any point after the initial scheduling, such candidate will be charged a non-refundable US$25 fee and any applicable taxes.
Furthermore, you can cancel and/or reschedule the exam appointment at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. If you fail to schedule your appointment or fail to sit for the exam within your exam window, your exam fees are non-refundable.
How to Schedule CIPM 2020 Exam Appointment?
- Click on the direct link given above for CIPM 2020 Login.
- Only those candidates will be able to schedule their exam who will complete the registration process.
- To log in you will have to enter details such as Email Id and Password.
- Click on the “Login” button to submit the details.
- Now, proceed to choose the test center as per your preference.
CIPM 2020 Exam Centers
The CIPM 2020 exam is scheduled to be conducted at around 400 local test centers. From the link below, candidates can check the list of test center available in your country / region.
- Click Here to check the Test Centers for CIPM exam 2020.
CIPM 2020 Exam Details
The details about Level 1 and Level 2 of the examination are as follows:
Level I for formerly principles: The focus of this level is to build a conceptual foundation of performance measurement, appraisal, and attribution. As per previous year information the final exam pattern of the final exam will be as follows:
- Candidates will have 180 minutes to solve the paper.
- There are 100 multiple choice questions.
- Each question have three options but only one will be valid.
- During the examination, no formula is provided to the candidates.
Level II for formerly expert: During this Level exam, the candidates are assessed based on the performance evaluation and presentation, application of appropriate tools, and inputs in the more complex situation. As per previous year information the pattern of the examination is as below:
- Duration of the exam is 180 minutes.
- There are 80 item set questions.
- Out of these 20 are scenarios in which there are four multiple choice questions. There are three answer choices for each.
- Candidates must know all the formulas, as not will be shared at the exam hall.
Preparation for CIPM Exam 2020
Especially for the Indian candidates, CIPM is a pretty costly affair. Hence, the shots are not a very valid option. The candidates should prepare for the exam keeping in mind the following factors.
- As per ‘CFA® Successful CIPM candidates spent an average of 128 hours preparing for the exam’.
- Candidates must know the CIPM 2020 Topic Wise Weightage. Preparing according to it will provide direction to the preparation.
|Major Topic Area||Level I||Level II|
|Ethics and Professionalism||15%||15%|
- Click here to know in detail about the CIPM Program Curriculum.
CIPM 2020 Result
The candidates will receive the result of “pass” or “fail” along with information on their topic area wise performance online. The result for CIPM 2020 is released for both the levels separately at the Institute official website and is also emailed to the candidates. To check the result, the candidates need to log in using email id and password. To qualify the exam, there is a minimum passing score (MPS), which one must obtain is order to pass the test.
CIPM 2020 Refund Policy
As per the information given by CFA®, after the payment of the exam fee for CIPM exam 2020, if a candidate changes his/her mind, then a full refund of your enrollment and registration fees will be available within three (03) business days. However, the refund of the exam fee will be provided or not is the sole decision of the CFA® Institute. The candidates need to submit the written requests for the refund through email to [email protected]
CIPM 2020 Scholarship
The CFA® Institute also provides the scholarship to the candidates in order to promote the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence. Those students who will be selected for the scholarship award, the program enrollment fee will be waived for such candidates, and furthermore, your exam registration fee will be reduced to USD 300.
Who is Eligible for CIPM 2020 Scholarship?
Only those candidates who fulfill ane one of the following eligibility requirement is eligible for CIPM scholarship:
- A Full-time employee of a degree-granting educational institution offering at least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree and teaching a minimum of 6 credit hours per quarter or semester
- Those who are a full-time administrative employee of a degree-granting educational institution offering at least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree and teaching a minimum of 3 credit hours per quarter or semester are eligible for the scholarship.
- Those candidates who are a full-time, qualified employee of an entity that supervises or regulates the operations, standards of practice, or business conduct of the investment management industry
- Volunteer of GIPS (Global Investment Performance Standards)
- An eligible, full-time undergraduate or full-time or part-time graduate student of an Affiliated University.
Official website: www.cfainstitute.org
For more details regarding the CIPM Exam 2020, download Information Brochure.
“CFA Institute does not endorse, promote or warrant the accuracy or quality of this article. CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute”.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.
please im trying to register and sit for September examination,please i need someone that can guide me very well,i have bsc in accounting and i need to know all the amount i need to pay,thanks
good morning, please I want to know if we are writing both exams or just one. I mean just march only or march and September
How do i register please
Good morning,please how do i register for the CIPM course?which is to take place in september for i am a graduate of POLITICAL SCIENCE.
Hi, to take admission in CIPM programme, you had to register first.