CIPM Exam – The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is the exam organizing body for CIPM exam 2019. The Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) credential develops a candidate’s skills in effective investment performance and risk evaluation, manager selection, and investment reporting according to the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). Earning the CIPM designation begins with passing the Level I and Level II exams, which are in March and September every year. The exam for CIPM 2019 is held at many Pearson VUE test centers around the world. The candidates can check complete information about the CIPM Exam 2019 (March and September) from this page.
The CIPM Program curriculum is based on an advanced body of knowledge that is continuously reviewed and updated by investment practitioners to ensure it reflects the competencies needed to succeed in the current financial climate. These competencies guide the curriculum and exam development processes. Actual exam domain weights may vary slightly from year to year, and some topics are combined for testing purposes.
|Events||CIPM March||CIPM September|
|Application for Scholarship can be submitted from||1 Aug 2018 – 15 Jan 2019||1 Mar to 15 July|
|The online registration closes on||31 Jan 2019||31 Jul 2019|
|Exam window opens||16 Mar 2019||16 Sep 2019|
|Exam Scheduling ends||22 Mar 2019||23 Sep 2019|
|Exam window ends||31 Mar 2019||30 Sep 2019|
|Announcement of result will be done in||Early May 2019||Early Nov 2019|
The CIPM 2019 Sept exam cycle will start from March 01, 2019.
- Register Here: Click here to apply online for the CIPM March Exam 2019.
- Login: Click Here to log in for CIPM Mar 2019 exam
Those who have successfully completed the Level III CFA exam and CFA charter holders can Skip the Level I CIPM exam and register directly for the Level II CIPM exam.
CIPM 2019 Registration
As per the information provided on the website, as soon as the aspirants register for CIPM exam for the first time they automatically get enrolled in the program. The candidates need to register for CIPM 2019 through online mode only. The candidates must complete the registration process for CIPM exam 2019 as per the schedule given above.
To register online, the candidates will have to provide their valid email id. It is advised that at the time of registration, you must submit your own persoanl email id. Once you have successfully created your Account, you can proceed to fill in other necessary information and then finally pay the required amount of the exam fee.
How to Register for CIPM 2019?
To register for CIPM exam 2019, it is advised to the candidates to simply follow the instructions as given below.
Step 1: Create an Account
- Click on the direct link as above for CIPM Exam 2019 Registration
- Next, to register online, you will have to enter your Email ID and then click on the “Continue” button to submit it.
- Next, you will have to enter your Name, create a password and then choose a security question.
- Click on the “Create Account” button to submit the details.
Step 2: Fill in other necessary Details
- The registration for the CIPM 2019 exam is divided into 08 steps – Personal Information, Address details, Employment Status, Professional Conduct Inquiry, Personal Data Consent, Candidate Agreement, Exam Preparation Providers, and lastly Review the details submitted by you.
The details to be submitted in the registration form are as follows.
- Your name will be automatically filled in as per the detail submitted by you at the time of creating the Account.
- You will have to enter Date of Birth
- Country/ Region Code
- Mobile Number
Click on the “Save and Continue” button to proceed to the next.
- Choose the Country/ region from the drop-down menu, then click on “Save and Continue” button to submit it.
- Next, you will have to provide your complete address details.
- Choose the State/ Territory
- Postal Code
- From the given options you will have to choose the most relevant option. Then click on “Save and Continue” button.
- Next, you will have to enter the relevant information on the basis of choice submitted by you.
Personal Data Consent
- Once you have entered all the above-given information, you will have to sign an agreement. This agreement applies to all candidates who register for the March 2019 exam.
- Read it very carefully, then tick on the checkbox at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Save and Continue” button to proceed to the next.
Exam Preparation Providers
- Many candidates use the study materials or courses from CFA Institute member societies or other third parties to prepare for the exam.
- You can choose Yes if you wish to receive emails and other electronic communications from the local CFA Institute member society or other third parties about additional approved exam preparation opportunities, or choose NO if you do not wish to receive any such emails.
- Click on the “Save and Continue” button to submit the details
Review the Registration Form
Next, the complete registration form will appear on the screen. Verify that the details submitted by you are correct or not. If satisfied with the details, click on the “Proceed to Payments” button to pay the exam fee.
Step 3: Pay the Exam Fee
The next step for the candidates is to pay the requisite amount of the exam fee. The candidates will be enrolled in the CIPM program only if they successful pay the exam fee. The amount of fee is:
|Registration||Amount of Fee||Last Date to Pay|
|Early registration||US$ 475||30 Nov 2018|
|Standard registration||US$ 675||31 Jan 2019|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the above-given exam fee by either of the following ways:
- Credit card: American Express, Diner’s Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, UnionPay, or Visa
- Wire transfer, ACH, check, money order, or postal order
Those who are not paying the exam fee through Online mode, you must use the “Print Invoice” option during the checkout process and submit the invoice along with one of the accepted payment methods
Step 4: Submit the Registration Form
Once you have complete the above-given steps, click on the “Submit Registration” button. Once the payment is done successfully, a confirmation email within 24 hours that contains information on how to access your study materials, including your eBook.
CIPM 2019 Exam Appointment
The candidates will have to schedule their exam appointment with Pearson VUE at least 7 days before the exam window closes. If a candidate cancels and/or reschedule their appointment within 7 days of their original appointment, such candidate will be charged a non-refundable US$25 fee and any applicable taxes.
Furthermore, you can cancel and/or reschedule the exam appointment at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. If you fail to schedule your appointment or fail to sit for the exam within your exam window, your exam fees are non-refundable.
How to Schedule CIPM 2019 Exam Appointment?
- Click on the direct link given above for CIPM 2019 Login.
- Only those candidates will be able to schedule their exam who will complete the registration process.
- To log in you will have to enter details such as Email Id and Password.
- Click on the “Login” button to submit the details.
- Now, proceed to choose the test center as per your preference.
CIPM 2019 Refund Policy
As per the information given by CFA, after the payment of the exam fee for CIPM exam 2019, if a candidate changes his/her mind, then a full refund of your enrollment and registration fees will be available within three (03) business days. However, the refund of the exam fee will be provided or not is the sole decision of the CFA Institute.
The candidates must submit the refund requests to the CFA Institute prior to the scheduled exam or within 10 U.S. business days after the exam date. The candidates need to submit the written requests for the refund through email to [email protected].
CIPM 2019 Exam Centers
There are numerous Pearson VUE test centers throughout the world. The candidates need not to worry about finding the nearest test center. The exam conducting body provides an online facility by the use of which you can check the nearest test center available. The test center information link will provide more information regarding wheelchair support, parking, directions, and other physical considerations for a test center are available or not.
- Click Here to check the Test Centers for CIPM exam 2019.
CIPM 2019 Exam Details
The details about Level 1 and Level 2 of the examination are as follows:
Level I for Formerly Principles: The focus of this level is to build a conceptual foundation of performance measurement, appraisal, and attribution. The final exam pattern of the final exam will be as follows:
- Candidates will have 180 minutes to solve the paper.
- There will be 100 multiple choice questions.
- Each question will have three option but only one will be valid.
- During the examination, no formula will be provided to the candidates. They need to know it by hard.
Level II for formerly Expert: During this Level exam the candidates will be assessed on the basis of performance evaluation and presentation, application of appropriate tools, and inputs in the more complex situation. The pattern of the examination is as below:
- Duration of the exam will be 180 minutes.
- There will be 80 item set questions.
- Out of these 20 will be scenarios in which there will be four multiple choice questions. There will be three answer choices for each.
- Candidates must know all the formulas, as not will be shared at the exam hall.
Preparation for CIPM
Especially for the Indian candidates, CIPM is a pretty costly affair. Hence, the shots are not a very valid option. The candidates should prepare for the exam keeping in mind the following factors.
- As per ‘CFA Successful CIPM candidates spent an average of 128 hours preparing for the exam’.
- Candidates must know the CIPM 2019 Topic Wise Weightage. Preparing according to it will provide direction to the preparation.
|Major Topic Area||Level I||Level II|
|Ethics and Professionalism||15%||15%|
CIPM 2019 Scholarship
The CFA Institute also provides the scholarship to the candidates in order to promote the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence. Those students who will be selected for the scholarship award, the program enrollment fee will be waived for such candidates, and furthermore, your exam registration fee will be reduced to USD 300.
Who is Eligible for CIPM March 2019 Scholarship?
Only those candidates who fulfill ane one of the following eligibility requirement is eligible for CIPM scholarship:
- A Full-time employee of a degree-granting educational institution offering at least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree and teaching a minimum of 6 credit hours per quarter or semester
- Those who are a full-time administrative employee of a degree-granting educational institution offering at least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree and teaching a minimum of 3 credit hours per quarter or semester are eligible for the scholarship.
- Those candidates who are a full-time, qualified employee of an entity that supervises or regulates the operations, standards of practice, or business conduct of the investment management industry
- Volunteer of GIPS (Global Investment Performance Standards)
- An eligible, full-time undergraduate or full-time or part-time graduate student of an Affiliated University.
Instructions to be Followed on the Day of the CIPM 2019 Exam
On the day of the examination, there are a few rules which one must follow. For example- you must report at the allotted test center at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Few other rules to be followed on the day of the examination are as follows:
- Any one who arrives to the CIPM exam 2019 Test Center late will not be granted entry.
- During check-in, the Pearson VUE will capture three pieces of data from each candidate: a palm vein scan (a mapped image of the veins in an individual’s palm), a digital photograph, and a digital signature.
- You should carry a valid, international travel passport to participate in the CIPM Program.
- Calculator covers, keystroke cards, and loose batteries are permitted in the testing room. Furthermore, you can keep a small screwdriver with you if necessary to replace batteries in the BA II Plus.
- You will be provided with a whiteboard or erasable writing tablet for use during the exam.
Prohibited Items in the CIPM 2019 Exam
The candidates will be provided with an individual storage locker in which they can keep their Persoanl Belonging for the duration of the exam. You are not allowed to carry the following items inside the exam room:
- Food or drinks.
- Wallet (money purse).
- Baggage of any kind, including transparent bags, backpacks, handbags, tote bags, briefcases, luggage, carrying cases, passport covers, or eyeglass cases.
- Study materials, including notes, papers, textbooks, or study guides.
- Writing utensils, scratch paper, or calculator manuals.
- Mobile phones, cameras, headsets, computers, tablets, wearable technology (such as Fitbit® or other fitness tracking devices), smart watches, or any Bluetooth®-enabled or any remote communication or photographic devices.
- Any type of desk clock or timer, including wristwatches.
CIPM 2019 Result
The candidates will receive the result of “pass” or “fail” along with information on their topic area wise performance online. The result for CIPM 2019 will be available for download for both the levels separately. The result is also emailed to the candidates within 60 days after the exam is over. will not be able to register for the next CIPM exam until their result has been announced. To check the result, the candidates need to log in by entering details such as Email ID and Password. To qualify the exam, there is a minimum passing score (MPS, which one must obtain is order to pass the test.
For more details regarding the CIPM Exam 2019 follow the Official website: www.cfainstitute.org
If you have any question about the CIPM exam 2019, then let us know in the comment section below.