Vels University has released a notification for admission into various courses for the academic year 2019-2020. All the candidates who are eligible are eligible can apply online from here. Candidates can check the complete information of Vels University Chennai Admission 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria, and other instruction through this page below.
The Vels University Chennai offers courses in Engineering, Maritime studies, Management studies & Commerce, Pharmaceutical Science, Life Sciences, Mass Communication, Languages, Computing Sciences, Physiotherapy, Hotel Management, Basic Sciences, Law, Ocean Engineering, Education, Music & Fine Arts, Aviation, Vedic Astrology & Research. The details information of offered Course, Application Procedure, Eligibility of Vels University Chennai Admission 2019 given below on this page.
Vels University Chennai Admission 2019
Candidates who are seeking admission in Vels University will have to submit the application form on or before the last date. All the activities for the Vels University Chennai Admission 2019 shall take place as per the schedule provided below.
|Application form Submission||Started|
|Date of Vels Entrance Test (for Professional courses)||to be announced!|
Vels University Chennai Application Form
The application form for Vels University Chennai is available now. All the eligible candidates can apply online from the official website of the University. Only the eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form for the admission. Therefore, all the candidates are recommended to read and understand all the instructions carefully.
Apply Online: Candidates may access the given below links to apply for the Admission.
Also you can apply for ATSE 2020 Scholarship Exam - Click Here
How to Apply Online?
- Fill out the application form with accurate information.
- All fields marked with an asterisk (*) is mandatory to submit your application.
- Please ensure to use a correct email address and contact no. This also allows us to contact you via email with important updates, wherever necessary.
- Once your application form is duly filled, your account is automatically created. Your email ID will be your username.
- You can login to your account as many times as needed to continue or modify your application within 30 days.
- A payment to be made toward the application fee can be made using the following methods :
- Pay online directly by using your debit/credit cards or net banking
- Pay by DD favouring ‘Vels University payable at Chennai’ and addressed to “The Registrar, Vels University, Velan Nagar, P.V. Vaithialingam Road, Pallavaram, Chennai – 600 117”.
- Your application will be processed once we have received your application fee.
- If you want to apply for more than 1 course, then pls fill up the application form a second time and follow the same steps as above.
- If you have questions about the application process, please call 0 7305 111 222.
- For any other queries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of Application Form
The last date for the receipt of a complete application form at the university office is the 10th day from the date of publication of the results of the qualifying examination for undergraduate courses (Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Examination) and 15 days after results for undergraduates pursuing a postgraduate course are published.
Application forms will be received even after the stipulated last date. Such applications will be registered as “Late Applications” and will be considered only after all the applications received on time have been processed.
All applications, duly filled, along with the registration fee should be sent either by registered post or can be handed over in person at the university office and should have the following enclosed:
- Three passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Two self-addressed stamped ( R10/-) envelopes along with photocopies of the following:
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination or equivalent.
- Provisional Pass Certificate/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct/Degree Certificate from the institute last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Applicants who have graduated from other universities should get an eligibility certificate.
- The university entrance exam for the academic year 2017-2018 is to be held on 6-5-2017 (Refer to our website for details).
- Any other document/certificate required by the University/Director of Technical Education/Government of Tamil Nadu.
- All communications should be addressed to ‘The Registrar’ and the envelope should be superscribed with “Application for Admission to Course”.
Eligibility for Admission to Graduate Programmes
For any discipline, applicants must have completed 12 years of formal schooling. Students who meet the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the admission prospectus will be considered for admission. Evidence of required academic performance must be in the form of certified English transcripts listing all the courses with grades or marks earned. Transcripts in languages other than English are not acceptable.
Eligibility for Admission to Postgraduate Programmes
For any discipline, applicant must have completed 12 years of formal education followed by a Bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years duration. Students who meet the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the admission prospectus will be considered for admission. However, admission to a postgraduate course is restricted and the applicant should have an excellent academic record to stand a fair chance for admission.
- Admissions to various academic programmes are organised on all India basis
- Advertisement in leading dailies
- Application and Prospectus – direct sales and through website
- Registration of candidates in eligible courses
- Preparation of Rank list and checking eligibility (Departments concerned)
- Medical Examinations (Maritime Studies)
- Provisional selection based on the basis of merit (as per Central Govt. reservation norms) irrespective of region, caste, creed or sex.
- Interview cards sent to applicants
- Issue of admission cards and payment of fees
For the all the Professional courses admissions are based on marks scored in entrance examination and qualifying examinations.
- Students should not leave the University premises during class hours without written permission of the HOD / Competent authority.
- Students should be punctual in attending classes and other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Late comers will not be allowed in the class.
- Students will be responsible for all equipment entrusted to them. Students should not cause any damage to any property, equipment, instruments, tools etc., of the University. An amount of Rs.150 towards General maintenance, is payable by each Student at the end of the Academic Year, prior to Examinations. In case of any damage, the actual cost will be recovered from the student along with a fine.
- Students should take care of their belongings while within the campus. The University will not be responsible for any loss of such belongings.
- Use of Mobile phones, Pagers, Cameras, etc., are prohibited inside the campus, during College hours, from 10am to 4pm. If found in contravention, they will be confiscated.
- Smoking and consumption of pan is prohibited inside the campus. Consumption of any intoxicants or drugs are totally prohibited, and will lead to immediate dismissal from the University.
- Weapons must not be brought into, or kept, within the campus.
- Students should display their Identity Card prominently, while they are within the campus and while travelling in the University bus. The security staff will not permit any student inside the campus without their identity card.
- All Students should dress in a presentable manner. T-shirts and sleeveless dresses are not permitted. Jeans, of a decent nature only, are permitted.
- The management reserves the right to modify the class timings and schedule.
- Students should not hold any meetings or collect any money from other students without proper permission from the HOD.
- Students should not involve themselves in any political or religious activity inside the Campus.
- Ragging in any form is totally banned and is punishable as per the Government Order. If any student is found to be indulging in any sort of ragging or harassment to juniors or other fellow students, inside or outside the campus, bus, hostel, he/she will be dismissed immediately from the University, and criminal action will be taken against them as per the rules.
- The following acts of misconduct will result in immediate dismissal from the University:
- Assault of any person
- Wilful damage to University property
- Intimidation, coercion and/or interference with other students
- Misbehaviour with other students and/or Staff
- The decision of the Vice-Chancellor is final and binding on all the students, in all matters pertaining to the University.
- Legal disputes, if any, are subject to the jurisdiction of Courts at Chennai.
- All other rules, regulations and guidelines prescribed by University / Government agencies will be implemented.
Official Website: www.velsuniv.ac.in.
For more details of Vels University Chennai Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.