Amrita University conducts entrance exams for admission to UG courses as well as PG courses. Details of the Amrita entrance exams for bachelors and masters level programs are given here for students who wish to seek admission in Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Nation-wide entrance exams are conducted for B.Tech, MBBS, BDS, BAMS, MD/MS Ayurveda, and MCA. For many other programs, entrance exams are conducted at the schools’ premises. Admission criteria varies for the different programs. Please see the links of the respective exams/admissions (quick links are given below) for current information.
Amrita University Admissions
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs. Before applying for the courses, candidates can check the details carefully. Examination dates of various courses are given below.
|Entrance Exam / Admission||Date of Exam|
|B.Tech (AEEE)||CBT – 19 to 22 Apr 2018
Written Test – 28 Apr 2018
|B.Tech Honors CSE 2017||–|
|B.Sc Nursing||03 June 2018|
|B.Sc Optometry (Lateral)||15 June 2018 – Interview|
|B.Sc Allied Health Science (for all specialties)||27 May 2018|
|DM / M.Ch||–|
|MD / MS / PG Diploma||–|
|Post Basic B.Sc Nursing||–|
5-year Integrated M.Sc. Mathematics / Physics
5 year Integrated M. A. English
5-year Integrated M.Sc. ChemistryInterview from
Course Wise Admission & Entrance Exams
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham conducts Engineering Entrance Examination every year on an all India basis for admission to the 4 years B.Tech. Degree programmes offered in the three campuses at Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru and Ettimadai (Coimbatore).
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be admitted to the first year of 4 year B.Tech. programmes through counselling, based on their ranks in the Entrance Examination.
Health Science Admissions
Admissions open for the Academic Year 2017 at Amrita Health Sciences Campus, Kochi. The Health Sciences Campus is home to AIMS Hospital, School of Medicine, Center for Allied Health Sciences, Center for Nanosciences, School of Dentistry, College of Nursing and School of Pharmacy.
- Amrita University MBBS Admission
- Amrita university MDS Admissions
- Amrita University MD / MS / PG Diploma Admission
Amrita Ayurveda Admissions
Arts and Sciences Admissions
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – with specialization in HR, Marketing, Finance and IT in the final year
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) – Taxation and Finance as options
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A.) (Offered under Amrita School of Engineering)
- 5 Year Integrated M.Sc. Mathematics / Physics
- 5 Year Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry
- 5 Year Integrated M. A. English
For MD/MS Ayurveda
A candidate who holds BAMS degree from a recognized University approved by CCIM, and has obtained full registration either from Central Council of Indian Medicine or any of the State AYUSH Council, after completing the compulsory rotating internship.
- Candidate must secure a rank in the Entrance test conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- Candidates who, after passing the final qualifying examination (BAMS), if undergoing twelve-month compulsory rotating internship/practical training and is likely to complete the same on or before July 31, 2016.
- Failure to produce the Registration certificate as above may lead to cancellation of Admission and in such case, the candidate will be responsible to pay the Institution all the losses the institution may suffer on account of such cancellation.
- Foreign candidates seeking admission from abroad shall submit their applications through the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare or Indian Council for Cultural Relations (I.C.C.R.) Govt. of India, New Delhi. A copy of the application form can also be sent to the Institute.
- Age Limit: Should complete the age of 17 years by December 31, 2016 and should not exceed 23 years by the said date.
- Qualification: Must have passed the higher secondary examination or its equivalent in the first attempt with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken aggregate, and English separately.
- Those who appear for the qualifying examination in March / April 2016 can also apply.
For B.Sc Nursing Admission
- Minimum 17 years of age and maximum 23 years on or before 31st December 2018.
- Pass in Plus Two with 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English (PCBE) from a recognized Board or University.
- Selection: Rank secured in the entrance examination conducted by Amrita.
For M.Sc Nursing Admissions
- The candidate should have passed BSc Nursing or BSc Hons. Nursing or Post Basic BSc Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from an Institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife with any State Nursing Council.
- Candidates should be medically fit.
- Minimum 1 Year of work experience after basic BSc Nursing or prior or after Post Basic BSc Nursing
For Post Basic B.Sc Nursing
- Maximum 30 years as on 31st December 2016
- Pass in Plus Two with minimum 50% from a recognized Board or University.
- Pass in General Nursing & Midwifery from an INC recognized School of Nursing be a Registered Nurse of the State Nursing Council
- Final year GNM students are also eligible to apply.
For B.Sc Allied Health Sciences
- Not less than 17 but not more than 23 years as on Dember 31, 2018 for all the B.Sc courses.
- Pass in Plus Two with a minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics/Electronics/ Psychology (for B.Sc MRT 60% marks in Mathematics separately).
For B.Sc Optometry (Lateral)
- Minimum of 17 years and maximum of 25 years as on December 31, 2018.
- Pass in Plus Two and Diploma (2 years course) in Optometry.
For DM / M.Ch Admission
Candidates who have not crossed the age of 35 years as on 31st December 2016 are eligible to apply. Should have passed MD/ MS degree or DNB in not more than two attempts. Should have passed MD/ MS Degree or DMB from a recognized Medical College. In both cases, permanent registration either from the Medical Council of India or any of the state Medical Council is necessary.
For MD / MS Admission
- Permanent registration from Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council after completion of compulsory rotating Internship (Those who will complete their Internship by 30th April 2016 are also eligible to apply).
- Candidates who failed more than 3 times, subject wise in any examination during the MBBS course are not eligible.
- Age limit – For clinical subjects: Maximum 30 years as on 31.12.2016. No age limit for MD – Non-Clinical & all PG Diploma courses.
- Candidates who hold MBBS Degrees from Foreign Universities should have passed the Screening Test conducted by the National Board of Examinations
- Diploma (MCI Recognized) Holders need to do only two years as lateral entry for admission into MD courses.
For Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Eligibility & Selection: A pass in 12th standard or equivalent from any State Board or CBSE/ISC or equivalent, scoring an aggregate minimum of 50% marks. Selection based on the rank scored in the entrance examination and counseling.
For Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
Eligibility & Selection: A pass in 12th standard or equivalent from any State Board or CBSE/ISC or equivalent, scoring an aggregate minimum of 50% marks. Selection based on the rank scored in the entrance examination and counselling.
For Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A.)
Eligibility & Selection: A pass in 12th standard or equivalent from any State Board or CBSE/ISC or equivalent, scoring an aggregate minimum of 50% marks. Selection is based on the marks scored in the qualifying examination and performance in the interview.
For Integrated M.Sc. Mathematics / Physics
Eligibility & Selection: A pass in 12th standard or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics scoring an aggregate minimum of 50% marks from any State Board or CBSE/ISC or equivalent. Candidate has the option to exit from the programme after 3 years with B.Sc. Physics. Selection is based on the rank scored in the entrance examination.
For Integrated M.Sc Chemistry
Eligibility & Selection: A pass in 12th standard or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics scoring an aggregate minimum of 50% marks from any State Board or CBSE/ISC or equivalent. After the successful completion of first 3 years of the programme, candidate may opt to exit With B.Sc. Chemistry. Selection is based on the marks scored in the qualifying examination and performance in the interview.
For Integrated M.A. English
Eligibility & Selection: A pass in 12th standard or equivalent from any State Board or CBSE / ISC or equivalent scoring a minimum of 50% marks and an aggregate minimum of 60% in English. Selection is based on the marks scored in the qualifying examination and performance in the interview.
Important Note: Candidates who have completed their 12th standard in 2015 or before and has undergone their first year in another college are eligible for admission only after a personal interview.
Seats and Intake at Amrita University
|BAMS and MD/MS Ayurveda||60 and 36|
|Engineering||Offered at Amritapuri Campus, Bengaluru Campus, Coimbatore Campus.|
|Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing||50|
|B.Sc Optometry (Lateral)||50% (Merit) , 50 % (Management)|
|B.Pharm.||60 (Regular), 08 (Lateral)|
|BBA, B.Com., BCA||60 each|
|5 Year Integrated M. Sc. Mathematics / Physics
5 year Integrated M. Sc. Chemistry
5 year Integrated M. A. English
Official Website: www.amrita.edu