Amrita University Admission 2020 – Amrita university has started Amrita University 2020 Admission. Amrita University has 4 campuses in Coimbatore, Amravati, Bengaluru, and Chennai which offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs. The admission in Amrita University is granted on the basis of entrance exam or national level exam or direct interview. It differs from course to course. You can check all the details about Amrita University Admission 2020 from this page.
Latest: Amrita University B.Tech Admission Registration has started. Apply here
Amrita University Admission 2020
The below table gives an overview of the admission channels of Amrita University Courses:
|Courses||Admission Forms||Entrance/Interview dates|
|B.Tech||19 Sep 2019 – 31 Mar 2020||AEEE: 23-27 Apr 2020|
|M.Tech||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|MBA||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|Mass Communication||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|Bio Sciences||Mar 2020||to be announced!|
|Health sciences||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|MSW||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|Arts and Sciences||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|Philosophy||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|Nanosciences||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|MCA||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|Agriculture||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
|PhD||to be announced!||to be announced!|
|Visual Communication||Oct 2019||to be announced!|
Entrance Exam and Courses
- Amrita University Entrance Examination Engineering (AEEE)
- Amrita University M.Tech Admission
- Amrita University B.Tech Honors CSE Admission
- Amrita University MBBS Admission
- Amrita University BAMS and MD/MS Ayurveda Admission
- Amrita University Mass Communication & Journalism Admission
- Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A)
- Amrita University MBA admission
- Amrita University B.Sc Allied Health Sciences Admission
- Amrita University Integrated M.Tech Ph.D Admission
Amrita University 2020 Admissions – Campuses
Following are the campuses of Amrita University campuses.
Amrita University – Institute of Eminence
There were only 10 private institutions that had their place in the List of the Institute of eminence. However, Amrita University enters the list to make the number rise to 11. Now, Amrita University is one among the 10 private institutions to find a place in the list that had well-known institutions like Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, and VIT, Vellore.
The institutes that enter the list are expected to have the following features:
- Highly qualified faculty with expertise to hire from across the globe
- Excellence in research
- Inter-disciplinary courses, including in areas of emerging technology, academic, administrative and financial autonomy
- Significant proportion of international students.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Departments/Schools
The candidates can check below the various departments and schools of Amrita University in which the candidates can take admission. Also, the candidates can check the campuses below wherein the departments and schools are available.
Amrita Entrance Examination Engineering (AEEE)
Amrita University conducts the Amrita Entrance Examination Engineering (AEEE) every year on National Level for admission to the 4-year B.Tech Programmes offered by Amrita Schools of Engineering under the University. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham offers engineering courses at its three campuses which are located at Amritapuri (Kollam), Bengaluru and Ettimadai (Coimbatore). Amrita University will hold the engineering entrance exam both in online as well as offline mode. Admission in Amrita University B.Tech course is also done on the basis of JEE main. 70% seats are filled via AEEE 2020 and 30% via JEE Main rank.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process
The candidates have to check the eligibility criteria before they start with the application forms to apply for admission. The eligibility criteria differ from course to course and hence below we have mentioned the Amrita University eligibility criteria for each course:
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for B. Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture Admissions
- Eligibility: 10+2 or intermediate with PCMB, PCB, PCM or Agriculture (P – Physics, C – Chemistry, M – Mathematics, B – Biology) from a recognized board/ university with minimum 60% aggregate of marks and not less than 55% in each of these three subjects.
- Age: Candidates, whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1999.
- Educational Qualification: A pass in 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination
Selection Process – Based on Academic Record.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for B.Tech Admissions
Eligibility criteria are – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics – 50% in each subject with an aggregate of 60%.
- The candidates who do not have JEE Main 2020 scores have to qualify the entrance exam of the university AEEE 2020 (Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering).
- Candidates can apply with JEE Main 2020 Scores and are not needed to appear for AEEE 2020.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for M.Tech Admissions
Applicants with a minimum experience of two years in relevant academic / engineering industry.
- GATE, TANCET, PGCET & PGECET qualified applicants are eligible for direct admissions. This means admission is confirmed only after producing the respective scorecard with valid score
- Those who don’t belong to the above categories are admitted based on a telephonic/personal interview.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for MBA Admissions
Any Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (10+2+3 years of education).
Selection process: based on the valid score from CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ XAT
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for Mass Communication Admissions
Candidate must have passed the higher secondary school certificate or 10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 50%
Selection process: The candidates have to appear in the university’s admission test – Communication Aptitude Test (CAPTEST). Then qualify the Personal Interview (PI)/Skype Interview (for those candidates who are not able to attend CAPTEST with a genuine reason.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for Bioscience Admissions
Qualifying Undergraduate Examination from any discipline
Selection process: Based on the evaluation at Amrita School of Biotechnology and then Personal Interview at Amrita School of Biotechnology.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for Health Science Admissions
The candidates must have valid NEET 2020 scores for admission in this department.
Selection process: Based on NEET 2020 Scores.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for Master of Social Work Admissions
Applicants with graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply.
Selection process: The MSW selection process is based on academic performance in the qualifying examination and personal interview.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for Arts & Science Admissions
- Candidates who have passed the final examination under the 10 +2 system or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate and with the concerned subject as a subject of study for the UG courses.
- For the PG courses, a first class or a high second class degree from any recognized Indian or Foreign University are eligible to apply.
Selection process: Based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and interview for both the UG and PG courses.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for Philosophy Admissions
The applicant should hold any Bachelor’s degree with a 50% mark or 5 CGPA.
Selection process: based on the interview
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for Nanosciences Admissions
Eligibility: Any M.Sc or B.Tech degree holder in the subject as per the course they are applying for are eligible.
Selection Process: The common entrance exam will be held at Kochi. Only successful candidates will be called for the interview. However, GATE qualified candidates are exempted from the admission test.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for MCA Admissions
- Eligibility of MCA Lateral Entry: BCA, BSc Computer Science(IT/ CS) with a scoring of minimum 60% from any recognized University
- Eligibility of MCA Regular: Applicants with graduation in any discipline from a recognized university with 60% (Candidate should have studied one subject in Mathematics in Plus Two or Graduation) are eligible to apply.
Selection Process: Selection is based on the marks scored in the qualifying examination and interview.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Eligibility for Visual Communication Admissions
- For the UG Courses: 10+2 any stream with 50% marks.
- For PG Courses: Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks.
Selection process: Based on the qualifying exam and personal interview.
Process for Amrita University Admission 2020
The candidates who are willing to take admission in any one of the numerous course at Amrita Unversity have to follow the admission process. The admission process is explained below:
- Check the dates for the admission from the table above, make sure you note the deadlines of the events.
- Next, the candidates must stay updated about the dates of their entrance exam/PI.
- For B.Tech admissions their is Amrita Engineering Entrance Test. Candidates applying for B.Tech have to appear in AEEE 2020.
- Check the result of the Entrance exam/selection process. The result is notified to the candidates via their registered email and mobile number. Also, they can check the result at amrita.edu.
- Next, the candidates must appear for the counselling/admission process and complete all the formalities to book their seats in the college.
How to Apply for Amrita University Admission 2020?
Amrita University releases the application form to apply for admission in the college online at amrita.edu. The complete process on how yo apply for Amrita university is provided below.
- Step 1 – Registration – Candidates need to register themselves online on the official website. They are required to provide their email id and Mobile number in order to register themselves.
- Step 2 : Filling the application form – After successful registration applicants are require to fill in the application form with details like Basic details, Personal details, Communication details, Academic details and Additional details .
- Step 3 : Upload Images – Candidates are required to upload images in the prescribed format.
- Step 4 : Application Fee payment – After completing all the above mentioned steps, candidates are required to pay the application form fee as per the course requirement.
Note : The application fee for admission varies from course to course and from category to category. The candidates need to fill a common application form to apply for admission in Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Chennai, Coimbatore, and Amaravati campus.
Amrita University Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The candidates can check below the fee structure of the various courses at Amrita University below:
M. SC. Bioinformatics
|PAYMENT TIME||TUITION FEES (Rs)|
M. SC. Microbiology / M.SC. Biotechnology
|PAYMENT TIME||TUITION FEES (Rs)|
B.SC. Microbiology / B.SC. Biotechnology
|PAYMENT TIME||TUITION FEES (Rs)|
B.Tech Fee Structure
M.Tech Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees||Per Semester||79, 500||72, 875||86, 625|
DM/MCH Fee Structure
|Speciality||Annual Tuition Fees (in Rs.)|
|DM Cardiac Anesthesia||6,00,000|
|DM Medical Oncology||20,00,000|
|DM Paediatric Neurology||20,00,000|
|DM Pediatric Cardiology||20,00,000|
|DM Pulmonary Medicine||20,00,000|
|MCh Paediatric Surgery||5,00,000|
|MCh Plastic Surgery||15,00,000|
|MCh Head And Neck Surgery||15,00,000|
|MCh Neuro Surgery||18,00,000|
|MCh Gynaecological Oncology||20,00,000|
|MCh GI Surgery||25,00,000|
BDS Fee Structure
|Seat Category||Annual Tuition Fees||First Year Other Fees||Annual Hostel & Mess Fees|
|General||Rs. 5,00,000||Rs 1,24,150||Rs. 67,000|
|NRI||US$ 17,000||Rs 1,24,150||US$ 1,100|
For the fee structure of all other courses the candidates can follow the links below:
Amrita University 2020 Placements
More than 200 reputed firms visit the Amrita University campus every year to look for new talents not only in the field of engineering but also in the field of management.
- Highest Salary- 16.50 LPA (for 2018 batch, in VMWare of Amritapuri campus)
- Highest Stipend – 55K pm(for 2018 batch, CISCO, of Coimbatore campus)
- Average Salary – 4.2 lakhs
Amrita University’s List Of Recruiters includes the following:
- Renault- Nissan
- HCL Technologies
- L&T Infotech
- Tata Elxsi
- Qatar Steel
- UAE Exchange
- and much more….
Amrita University Ranking
In the 2020 edition of the annual rankings released, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has been placed in the list of 601-800 category.
- The University ranks no. 8 in the university category of NIRF ranking. It holds no. 15 position in the overall category.
- World University Rankings 2020: 601-800
- 4th Top Private University in India
About Amrita University
Amrita University was established in 1994. It has 13 schools/Departments. 14 in disciplines like medicine, biotechnology, engineering, business, arts & sciences, ayurveda, social work, communication. Admission to the University is through Entrance Exam / national level Entrance Exam/ PI and GD depending on the course applied for. Every department has a dedicated placement cell. Amrita University witnesses impeccable placement every year. Highest placement packages reach up to 26 LPA. Amrita has approximately 18,000 students and 1,750 faculty members, 600 of which are PhD/DM holders. The University also has a staff to student ratio of 1:10, one of the best in the country, especially among private universities.
Amrita University provides the students with facilities like:
- A-level digital library
- Computer labS
- Hostel services for both girls and boys
- Indoor games
- Cardio equipment
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Medical facilities
All these and numerous other facilities are available within the campus.
Amrita University Contact Details
For more information the candidates can reach out to the university as per the contact details below:
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri Campus|
Amritapuri, Clappana P. O., Kollam – 690525, Kerala, India Contact No. +91 (476) 280 1280
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Bengaluru Campus, Kasavanahalli, Carmelaram P.O., Bengaluru – 560 035, Karnataka, India Contact No. +91 (080) 251 83700|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore Campus, Amritanagar, Coimbatore – 641 112, Tamilnadu, IndiaContact No. +91 (422) 2685000||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amrita School of Arts & Sciences (Kerala Campus), Brahmasthanam, Edappally North P.O., Kochi – 682024, Kerala, IndiaContact No. +91 (484) 280 1234|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Mysuru Campus, #114, 7th Main Bogadi II Stage, Mysuru – 5700026, Karnataka, IndiaContact No. +91 (821) 234 3479|