Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 – Chennai Mathematical Institute will release the entrance exam result on October 31, 2020. CMI Entrance Exam was conducted on October 04, 2020. Chennai Mathematical Institute offers admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs. The main areas of research at CMI are Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics. All programs are other than Ph.D. Physics, applicants have to take an entrance examination. For Ph.D Physics, candidates should have to write the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST). There is no separate CMI entrance examination for Ph.D Physics. Candidates can read all the necessary details regarding the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, and selection criteria from this page.
Latest: Details about applications for 2021 will be announced in February, 2021.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020
In addition to a vibrant Ph.D. program, the Institute conducts B.Sc programmes in Mathematics and Computer Science as well as Mathematics and Physics, along with MSc programmes in Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science. The complete schedule related to Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 is given below.
|CMI Entrance Exam 2020||Dates|
|Availability of Application Form (Online and Paper)||09 Mar 2020|
|Last date of issue of paper applications||17 Apr 2020|
|Last date to fill out online applications, (including online payments), and for paper applications to reach CMI||18 Apr 2020|
|Last date for updating DD details online||22 Apr 2020|
|Last date for DD to reach CMI||27 Apr 2020|
|Re-open Application Form Start date||11 May 2020|
|Re-open Application Form Last Date||20 May 2020|
|Application login and update their choice of centre||01 – 30 Jun 2020|
|Application Correction if needed||upto 09 Aug 2020|
|Admit Card available from|
|Date of Entrance Test|
04 Oct 2020
|Date of announcement of results|
31 Oct 2020
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Result Release Date
Check the below notice to know the result release date for CMI Entrance Exam 2020.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 has released online on the official website i.e cmi.ac.in. There is no photograph or signature required for the Admit Card. Candidates will have to carry a print out of the Admit Card to the Test Centre along with a photo-identity card. The photo-identity card can be a government-issued document like a passport, or an identity card, or a letter attested by your school/college/employer.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Application Correction Window
Both BSc and MSc/Ph.D. exams will be held in a single session, in the morning. The exact timings will be announced soon. Students who have completed the application process can update their choice of exam center, as well as other personal and academic details. It is necessary for the students to make correction before the last date of submission.
Login: Click here to make a login for change in any details in the application form
Phase 2 Application Form for CMI Entrance Exam 2020
The application window has been re-opened for 10 days. The candidates who could not apply earlier can do the same now. However, during the 2nd phase, CMI Application Form can only be submitted online. One cannot apply offline this time. Online application procedure and application fee remains the same. No further extension is going to be provided by the institute after this. Hence, the candidates are advised to apply positively before the due date.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Application form
The application form of Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 releases in the official website i.e cmi.ac.in. Candidates can apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or in person. Before filling the application form, applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria.
- Click here to apply online for Chennai Mathematical Institute Entrance Exam 2020.
How to fill the CMI Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form?
When admissions are open, you may apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or in person.
- Firstly, visit the official website, which is cmi.ac.in or click on the above link to access the same.
- Thereafter, you have to enter “Gmail Id” proceed to create the Applicant ID and password to fill the online application form.
Candidates can obtain the printed application form by post. To obtain a paper form, you have to send DD in favour of Chennai Mathematical Institute, drawn on any bank, payable at Chennai to the following address;
Attn: Request for Application Form 2020
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri
Kelambakkam 603103, Tamil Nadu
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Applications Fee
Candidates have to pay the application fee for CMI Entrance Exam 2020. You can check the UG, PG and Ph.D application fee and mode of Payment from below:
- B.Sc applications fee (for all courses): Rs 750
- MSc/Ph.D applications fee for single category: Rs 750
- MSc/Ph.D applications fee for more than one category: Rs 900
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay fee by online mode or also through the DD, address is mentioned above.
How to apply for multiple MSc/Ph.D programmes
For online MSc/Ph.D applications are divide into 4 categories. The fee is different to apply for a single category and multiple categories.
- Category 1: MSc and/or Ph.D Mathematics
- Category 2: MSc and/or Ph.D Computer Science
- Category 3: MSc Data Science
- Category 4: Ph.D Physics
General Instruction related to applying for multiple MSc/Ph.D programmes:
- You can apply to at most one of the three Ph.D programmes: Ph.D Mathematics, Ph.D Computer Science and Ph.D Physics.
- If you apply for Ph.D Mathematics or Ph.D in Computer Science, you must write the entrance exam for that programme.
- For Ph.D Physics, there is no separate entrance exam. You can only apply if you have written JEST-2020. You cannot apply to any other programmes in combination with Ph.D Physics.
- You can apply for a Ph.D in Mathematics in combination with MSc Mathematics. There is a common entrance exam for both categories. You cannot apply to any other programme in combination with Ph.D Mathematics.
- You can apply for a Ph.D in Computer Science in combination with MSc Computer Science. There is a common entrance exam for both categories. You cannot apply to any other programme in combination with Ph.D Computer Science.
- You can apply to any combination of the three MSc programmes: MSc Mathematics, MSc Computer Science and MSc Data Science.
- The combination that you can apply for depends on entrance examination that you have to chosen to write.
- If you have selected the MSc Mathematics entrance examination, you can apply to all three MSc programmes..
- If you have selected the MSc Computer Science entrance examination, you can apply to MSc Computer Science and MSc Data Science, but not to MSc Mathematics.
- If you have selected the MSc Data Science entrance examination, you can only apply to MSc Data Science.
Note: If you apply to multiple MSc programmes, you will be short-listed based on your performance in the exam that you write and called for an interview for the other programmes.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 from below.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: Candidates should have passed 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Must have an undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech) with a strong background in mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Data Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, B.Tech) with a background in mathematics/statistics/computer science.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech) with a strong background in computer science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: M.Sc.(Physics).
Academic Programmes Offered at CMI
The various academic programmes offered at Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) are as follows –
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3-year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics: Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for a Ph.D. in Physics.
Note: There is a common entrance examination for both the B.Sc. (Hons.) programmes. You need not to select your course at the time of applying. The choice can be made after admission.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus and Past Papers
The CMI past papers and entrance exam syllabus are available on the official website at cmi.ac.in. Interested Candidates can get the CMI past papers and entrance exam syllabus through the direct link, which is given below. Solve these for an idea of the standard of questions. The type, however, changes every year and cannot be predicted. Be prepared for your logical skills to be tested alongside your academic preparation. Needless to say, your concepts being crystal clear is a basic requirement.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Revised Exam Centre
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) entrance exam 2020 is going to be held at the following exam centre.
- New Delhi
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2020 Result
CMI Entrance Exam Result 2020 for M.Sc Mathematics and Ph.D Mathematics is declared after the successful completion of the CMI Entrance Examination on the specified date by the Chennai Mathematical Institute. Candidates can check the result the CMI Entrance Exam result from the official website. The direct link to check the exam result will be provided as per the schedule.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI)
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) comes under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and it is recognized both within the country and abroad. CMI is one of the important centres in India for research and teaching in mathematical sciences. Chennai Mathematical Institute is set up under a trust and is managed by a Governing Council made up of eminent academic personalities. The teaching programmes are overseen by the Academic Council, consisting of senior faculty from CMI and other leading institutions across India.
Official Website: cmi.ac.in
To know more about CMI Entrance Exam 2020, you can download information brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.