Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 – Chennai Mathematical Institute has released the application form for application Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam. Candidates can submit the CMI Application form from May 01, 2021 to May 31, 2021. CMI Entrance Exam will be conducted on June 27, 2021. Before this, candidates can download the admit card for CMI Entrance Exam 2021 from 15 June 2021. Chennai Mathematical Institute offers admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs. The main areas of research at CMI are Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics. All programs are other than Ph.D. Physics, applicants have to take an entrance examination. For Ph.D Physics, candidates should have to write the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST). There is no separate CMI entrance examination for Ph.D Physics. Candidates can read all the necessary details regarding the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria, and selection criteria from this page.
– CMI will release the admit card for the entrance exam on June 15, 2021. Stay here for the latest updates.
– CMI has opened the application process for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021. Scroll down to apply online.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021
In addition to a vibrant Ph.D. program, the Institute conducts B.Sc programmes in Mathematics and Computer Science as well as Mathematics and Physics, along with MSc programmes in Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science. The complete schedule related to Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 is given below.
|CMI Entrance Exam 2021||Dates|
|Availability of Application Form||01 May 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||31 May 2021|
|Admit Card available from||15 Jun 2021|
|Date of Entrance Test||27 Jun 2021|
|Date of announcement of results||to be announced|
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 will be released online on the official website i.e cmi.ac.in. There is no photograph or signature required for the Admit Card. Candidates will have to carry a print out of the Admit Card to the Test Centre along with a photo-identity card. The photo-identity card can be a government-issued document like a passport, or an identity card, or a letter attested by your school/college/employer.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 from below. These eligibility criteria based on as per the previous brochure.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: Candidates should have passed 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Must have an undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech) with a strong background in mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Data Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, B.Tech) with a background in mathematics/statistics/computer science.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech) with a strong background in computer science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: M.Sc.(Physics).
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 Application form
The application form of Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 releases in the official website i.e cmi.ac.in. Candidates can apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or in person. Before filling the application form, applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria.
Apply here: Click here to apply for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021.
How to fill the CMI Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form?
When admissions are open, you may apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or in person.
- Firstly, visit the official website, which is cmi.ac.in or click on the above link to access the same.
- Thereafter, you have to enter “Gmail Id” proceed to create the Applicant ID and password to fill the online application form.
Candidates can obtain the printed application form by post. To obtain a paper form, you have to send DD in favour of Chennai Mathematical Institute, drawn on any bank, payable at Chennai to the following address;
Attn: Request for Application Form
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri
Kelambakkam 603103, Tamil Nadu
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 Applications Fee
Candidates have to pay the application fee for CMI Entrance Exam 2021. Application fee details is based as per last year. You can check the UG, PG and Ph.D application fee and mode of Payment from below:
- B.Sc applications fee (for all courses): Rs 750
- MSc/Ph.D applications fee for single category: Rs 750
- MSc/Ph.D applications fee for more than one category: Rs 900
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay fee by online mode or also through the DD, address is mentioned above.
How to apply for multiple MSc/Ph.D programmes
For online MSc/Ph.D applications are divide into 4 categories. The fee is different to apply for a single category and multiple categories.
- Category 1: MSc and/or Ph.D Mathematics
- Category 2: MSc and/or Ph.D Computer Science
- Category 3: MSc Data Science
- Category 4: Ph.D Physics
General Instruction related to applying for multiple MSc/Ph.D programmes:
- You can apply to at most one of the three Ph.D programmes: Ph.D Mathematics, Ph.D Computer Science and Ph.D Physics.
- If you apply for Ph.D Mathematics or Ph.D in Computer Science, you must write the entrance exam for that programme.
- For Ph.D Physics, there is no separate entrance exam. You can only apply if you have written JEST-2020. You cannot apply to any other programmes in combination with Ph.D Physics.
- You can apply for a Ph.D in Mathematics in combination with MSc Mathematics. There is a common entrance exam for both categories. You cannot apply to any other programme in combination with Ph.D Mathematics.
- You can apply for a Ph.D in Computer Science in combination with MSc Computer Science. There is a common entrance exam for both categories. You cannot apply to any other programme in combination with Ph.D Computer Science.
- You can apply to any combination of the three MSc programmes: MSc Mathematics, MSc Computer Science and MSc Data Science.
- The combination that you can apply for depends on entrance examination that you have to chosen to write.
- If you have selected the MSc Mathematics entrance examination, you can apply to all three MSc programmes..
- If you have selected the MSc Computer Science entrance examination, you can apply to MSc Computer Science and MSc Data Science, but not to MSc Mathematics.
- If you have selected the MSc Data Science entrance examination, you can only apply to MSc Data Science.
Note: If you apply to multiple MSc programmes, you will be short-listed based on your performance in the exam that you write and called for an interview for the other programmes.
Academic Programmes Offered at CMI
The various academic programmes offered at Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) are as follows –
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3-year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics: Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for a Ph.D. in Physics.
Note: There is a common entrance examination for both the B.Sc. (Hons.) programmes. You need not to select your course at the time of applying. The choice can be made after admission.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 Syllabus and Past Papers
CMI previous year papers and entrance exam syllabus is available here. Aspiring candidates can get the CMI previous year papers and entrance exam syllabus via direct link is given below. Solve these for an idea of the standard of questions. The type, however, changes every year and cannot be predicted. Be prepared for your logical skills to be tested alongside your academic preparation. Needless to say, your concepts being crystal clear is a basic requirement.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 Exam Centre
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) entrance exam 2021 shall be held at the following exam centre. This exam center as per the previous year details.
- New Delhi
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2021 Result
CMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 for will be declared after the successful completion of the CMI Entrance Examination on the specified date by the Chennai Mathematical Institute. Candidates can check the result the CMI Entrance Exam result from the official website. The direct link to check the exam result will be provided as per schedule here.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI)
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) comes under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and it is recognized both within the country and abroad. CMI is one of the important centres in India for research and teaching in mathematical sciences. Chennai Mathematical Institute is set up under a trust and is managed by a Governing Council made up of eminent academic personalities. The teaching programmes are overseen by the Academic Council, consisting of senior faculty from CMI and other leading institutions across India.
Official Website: cmi.ac.in
To know more about CMI Entrance Exam 2021, you can check – Previous Year Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.