Chennai Mathematical Institute is a centre of excellence for teaching and research in the mathematical sciences. The Institute receives major private funding, side by side with substantial financial support from the Government of India. The main areas of research at CMI are Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics. In addition to a vibrant Ph.D. programme, the Institute conducts B.Sc programmes in Mathematics and Computer Science as well as Mathematics and Physics, along with MSc programmes in Mathematics, Applications of Mathematics and Computer Science. Candidates can read all the necessary details regarding Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, and selection criteria are given on this page.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2018
CMI had released the notification for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2018 for admission to the following courses for August 2018. The Application Form for August 2018 will open in March 2018 for all the programmes. Applicants will have to take an entrance examination as per scheduled mentioned below. Candidates are requested to read carefully all the details before submitting the form.
Academic programmes offered at CMI
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3-year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics.
|Start Date of filling Online Application Form||March 2018|
|Last Date for submission of Application Form||07 Apr 2018|
|Admit Card available from||30 Apr 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||15 May 2018|
|Entrance Test Result||Before 19 Jun 2018|
Note: There is a common entrance examination for both the B.Sc. (Hons.) programmes. You need not select your course at the time of applying. The choice can be made after admission.
Application form of Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2018 are be available on the official website of Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI). The candidates may apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or in person. Link to apply online for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2018 is provided below.
Application Fees as per last year is given below.
- The application fee is Rs 750 or Rs 900, depending on the combination of programmes that you apply for, for all postgraduate programme.
- If you apply online, application fees may be paid online. You will find a link after you fill in your details in the application form.
- If you apply online, application fees may also be paid by DD, in favour of Chennai Mathematical Institute, drawn on any bank, payable at Chennai.
- If you request a printed application form, you can only pay by DD. The application fee is Rs 900 for all categories of applications, including applications for multiple MSc/ Ph.D. programmes. The DD should be sent along with your request for a form
- For online BSc applications, the application fee is Rs 750. If you pay by DD, the application fee has to be sent along with a printed Payment Advice generated through the application form. Instructions are provided as part of the application form.
- For online MSc/ Ph.D. applications, there are four categories of subjects
- Category 1: MSc and/or Ph.D. Mathematics
- Category 2: MSc and/or Ph.D. Computer Science
- Category 3: MSc Data Science
- Category 4: Ph.D. Physics
If you apply in a single category, the application fee is Rs 750. If you apply in more than one category, the fee is Rs 900. The exact fee payable will be displayed when you fill out the application form.
How to Apply?
When admissions are open, you may apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or in person.
For all the programmes, applicants will have to take an entrance examination. The entrance examinations for 2018 will take place during May 2018 at centers across the country. The entrance examinations for 2017 were conducted at centers in the following cities: Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Silchar, Srinagar, and Trivandrum.
Selection of all Ph.D. programmes will involve an interview at Chennai. For all other programmes, interviews will be at the discretion of the Admissions Committee—the Committee may call shortlisted candidates for an interview depending on their prior academic record.
All students receive handsome scholarships that meet all expenses. B.Sc. (Hons.) students receive a scholarship of Rs. 4000 per month, M.Sc. students receive a scholarship of Rs. 6000 per month and Ph.D. monthly stipend start at Rs. 25000 per month for the first two years and Rs. 2800 per month for the next two years along with an annual book grant of Rs. 10,000.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Data Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech) with a background in mathematics/statistics/computer science.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech) with a strong background in computer science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Physics)/M.Sc.(Physics).
Admit Cards will be available online for the entrance test. There will be no photograph or signature required for the Admit Card. You will have to carry a print out of the Admit Card to the Test Centre along with a photo-identity card. The photo-identity card can be a government-issued document like a passport, or an identity card, or a letter attested by your school/college/employer.
CMI Entrance Exam Result 2018 will be declared after the successful completion of the CMI Entrance Examination. The result will be declared on the official website of CMI. CMI has not released any information about CMI Result. Candidates who will appear in this exam can check their result from here or by visiting the official website of CMI.
Entrance Exam Syllabus and Past Papers
The CMI past papers and entrance exam syllabus are available on the official website at http://www.cmi.ac.in. Interested Candidates can get the CMI past papers and entrance exam syllabus through the direct link, which is given below. Solve these for an idea of the standard of questions. The type, however, changes every year and cannot be predicted. Be prepared for your logical skills to be tested alongside your academic preparation. Needless to say, your concepts being crystal clear is a basic requirement.
Official Website: www.cmi.ac.in
For more details of CMI Entrance Exam download CMI Entrance Exam 2018 – Information Brochure.