Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU) is the State-funded Fisheries University in India imparting professional education, research and training to enhance fish production and utilization by following the State Agricultural University (SAU) pattern and syllabi. Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU) offers various courses like B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science), B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering, Biotechnology, (Food Technology, Fisheries Nautical Technology, (Energy & Environmental Engineering), B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management) and B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology). Candidates who are interested in taking admission in Tamil Nadu Fisheries University can check complete details here.
TNFU UG Admission 2019
Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU) has released notification for eligible candidates for admission into various Undergraduate courses for the academic year 2019-2020. For taking admission into UG courses candidates has to fill the Application form. Details of TNFU UG Admission 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria and other information is given on this page below. Selection of UG Courses will be made on the basis of cut off marks in qualifying exam and counselling.
Courses Offered & Seat Availability
- B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science) : 160 + 7 seats Fishermen wards
- B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering) : 30 + 1 seat Fishermen ward
- B.Tech. (Biotechnology)* : 40 seats
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)* : 40 seats
- B.Tech. (Fisheries Nautical Technology)* : 20 seats
- B.Tech. (Energy & Environmental Engineering)* : 20 seats
- B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management)* : 20 seats
- B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology) : 25 seats
* Self Supporting Courses.
Schedule for the TNFU UG Admission 2019 is given below.
|Start of Online Application||28 Apr 2019|
|Last date for submission of application||31 May 2019|
|Release of merit list||2nd week of July 2019|
|Date of counselling||Last week of July 2019|
05TNFU UG Application Form 2019
Application form for TNFU UG 2019 has been released on the official website. Candidates required to fill their Application and pay the application fee through online. Before going to apply candidates must read all the details carefully. The direct link to apply online is given below.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply for TNFU UG Admission 2019.
- OC/BC/BCM/MBC/DNC : Rs. 800/- for each course
- SC/SCA/ST : Rs. 400/- for each course
Application fee has to be paid only through online using Credit Card /Debit Card /Net banking. After the successful payment of the application fee, you will get application download link (PDF) and you can take print out of the filled-in Application.
Submission of the Application form (Sports Category)
Candidates applying under Sports Category should send a copy of the downloaded filled in application with the attested copies of all the sports certificates for the last 4 years along with filled in Appendix II-A form, (given in the prospectus) by post to the Chairman, UG Admission Committee, Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University, First Line Beach Road, Nagapattinam-611 001 so as to reach before the last date as per schedule.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Admission
- Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu State alone are eligible to apply (except B.Tech in Biotechnology degree course).
- A pass in the Higher Secondary Course in 10+2 (State Board / CBSE / any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto) and fulfilling the following requirements are eligible:
B.F.Sc. Degree programme
For Candidates from Academic Stream
For Candidates from Vocational Stream
B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering), B.Tech. (Energy & Environmental Engineering) and B.Tech. (Fisheries Nautical Technology)
Candidates from Academic Stream only
B.Tech. (Biotechnology) and B.Tech. (Food Technology)
Candidates from Academic Stream only
B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management)
Candidates from Academic / Vocational Stream
B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology)
- Candidate from academic / vocational stream
- A pass in the Higher Secondary (HSC) Course (State Board / CBSE / any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto).
- Degree holders are also eligible. However, only H.Sc. marks will be taken for admission.
Number of Attempts: The maximum number of attempts made in passing the qualifying examination is limited to three for SC/SCA/ST candidates and two for other candidates. The improvement marks in HSC or equivalent examination of any year will not be considered. However, these conditions are not applicable to the candidates applying for B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology) course.
Age Limit: Candidates applying for the course should not have completed the age mentioned below as on July 01, 2019:
- SC/SCA/ST Candidates: No age limit
- Other candidates: 21 Years
Note: There is no age limit to the candidates applying for B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology) course.
Mode of Selection for UG Admission
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their cut-off marks in the qualifying examination as computed below.
B.F.Sc. Degree Course
B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering), B.Tech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering) and B.Tech. (Fisheries Nautical Technology) Degree Courses
B.Tech. (Biotechnology) and B.Tech. (Food Technology) Degree Courses
B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management) and B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology)
The rank list for admission to B.F.Sc., B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering), B.Tech. (Biotechnology), B.Tech. (Food Technology), B.Tech. (Fisheries Nautical Technology), B.Tech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering), B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management) and B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology) will be published in the University Website, www.tnjfu.ac.in. Admission will be done by counselling. The exact date of counselling notification will be published in the University website www.tnjfu.ac.in and also intimated to the individuals through mobile and e-mail, who are called for counselling. Mere calling for counselling does not ensure selection / admission or any other rights to the candidates so called for.
The candidate must bring this downloaded, photo affixed and duly signed application and the following certificates in original along with two sets of attested copies only at the time of counselling:
- HSC/CBSE/other equivalent mark sheet
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate* (For OC candidates, community certificate is not required)
- Certificates for Special categories
- Nativity Certificate
- First Graduate Certificate, if required (Certificate No. V) and Joint declaration form provided in the prospectus (Certificate No. VI).
Official Website: tnfu.ac.in
For more detail of TNFU UG Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.