Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU): TNFU has released the rank list for PG Program 2021. Candidates can download the admit card, enter the login ID. The TNFU is the State-funded Fisheries University in India imparting professional education, research and training to enhance fish production and utilisation by following the State Agricultural University (SAU) pattern and syllabus.
Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU) offers various courses like B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science), B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering, Biotechnology, (Food Technology, Fisheries Nautical Technology, (Energy & Environmental Engineering), B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management) and B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology). Candidates who are interested in taking admission in Tamil Nadu Fisheries University can check complete details here.
Latest – TNFU PG and Ph.D Admission 2021 Rank list is out. Click here to check it.
TNFU Admission 2021
Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU) will be released the notification for eligible candidates for admission into various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses for the academic year 2021-2022. For taking admission into UG or PG courses candidates has to fill the Application form. Details of TNFU Admission 2021 like application process, eligibility criteria and other information is given on this page below.
Courses Offered & Seat Availability (as per last year)
For UG Courses
- B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science) : 160 + 7 seats Fishermen wards
- B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering) : 30 + 1 seat Fishermen ward
- B.Tech. (Biotechnology)* : 40 seats
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)* : 40 seats
- B.Tech. (Fisheries Nautical Technology)* : 20 seats
- B.Tech. (Energy & Environmental Engineering)* : 20 seats
- B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management)* : 20 seats
- B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology) : 25 seats
* Self Supporting Courses.
For PG Courses
- Master of Fisheries Science (M.F.Sc.) in 13 disciplines
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in two disciplines
- M.B.A. (Fisheries Enterprises Management)
- Ph.D. in Fisheries Science in 13 disciplines.
- Ph.D. in Life Science
Schedule for the TNFU Admission 2021 is given below.
|Event||UG Programs||PG Program||MBA Program|
|Start of Online Application||Aug 2021||28 Oct 2021||28 Oct 2021|
|Last date for submission of application||19 Sep 2021 (5:00 pm)||28 Nov 2021||28 Oct 2021|
|Admit Card Download||to be announced||30 Nov 2021||to be announced|
|Entrance Examination Date||to be announced||09 Dec 2021||to be announced|
|Verify their cut-off mark and tentative rank list||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|Final rank list||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|Special category counseling (in-person) will be conducted on||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|Date of counselling||to be announced||10 Dec 2021||10 Dec 2021|
TNFU Admission 2021 Admit Card
Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU) has released the admit card for PG Programme 2021. Candidates can download the admit card online at the official website. Direct link to download the admit card is given below.
Download Admit Card: Click here to download the admit card for TNFU PG Admission 2021 Admit Card.
TNFU Admission 2021 Application Form
Application form for PG Courses has been released on the official website. Candidates are required to fill their applications and pay the application fee online. Before going to apply candidates must read all the details carefully. The direct link to apply online is given below.
Apply Online: Applicants can fill the application form on the official website of TNFU at tnjfu.ac.in.
A. For UG Courses
- Application Fees : Application fee is given below as per last year.
- Other degree course –
- OC/BC/BCM/MBC/DNC : Rs. 800/- for each course
- SC/SCA/ST : Rs. 400/- for each course
- Vocational degree course –
- OC/BC/BCM/MBC/DNC : Rs. 500/- for each course
- SC/SCA/ST : Rs. 250/- for each course
Application fee has to be paid only through online using Credit Card /Debit Card /Net banking. After the successful payment of the application fee, you will get application download link (PDF) and you can take print out of the filled-in Application.
B. For PG Courses
Application fee: Application and application fee should be submitted through online (Rs.500/-for SC/ST and Rs.1000/- for others).
C. For MBA Program
Application fee : Application along with the fee should be submitted through online only (Rs.750/- for SC/ST and Rs.1500/- for others).
Procedure to fill Online Application
- Click on “PG Admission 2021-22” link given in the website http://www.tnjfu.ac.in and download the Prospectus and read carefully.
- Click on “M.F.Sc./M.Tech./Ph.D. Admission” link and read the instructions carefully.
- Click on “Online Application – Indian” button. Application appears along with Login ID.
- Fill in the Application. Click on “Save” button if you need to make any changes later using your Login ID. You will receive your Login ID through SMS and e-mail also.
- Upload all relevant certificates (compress all relevant certificates in one PDF file – maximum size 5 MB)
- Click on “Submit” button if all the particulars are furnished correctly.
- On clicking “Submit” button, payment option appears. Make Payment.
- On successful payment, you will receive SMS as well as e-mail confirming successful submission of application alongwith your Login ID and Application Number.
TNFU Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
A. For UG Courses
- Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu State alone are eligible to apply (except B.Tech in Biotechnology degree course).
- A pass in the Higher Secondary Course in 10+2 (State Board / CBSE / any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto) and fulfilling the following requirements are eligible:
B.F.Sc. Degree programme
For Candidates from Academic Stream
For Candidates from Vocational Stream
B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering), B.Tech. (Energy & Environmental Engineering) and B.Tech. (Fisheries Nautical Technology)
Candidates from Academic Stream only
B.Tech. (Biotechnology) and B.Tech. (Food Technology)
Candidates from Academic Stream only
B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management)
Candidates from Academic / Vocational Stream
B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology)
- Candidate from academic / vocational stream
- A pass in the Higher Secondary (HSC) Course (State Board / CBSE / any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto).
- Degree holders are also eligible. However, only H.Sc. marks will be taken for admission.
Number of Attempts: The maximum number of attempts made in passing the qualifying examination is limited to three for SC/SCA/ST candidates and two for other candidates. The improvement marks in HSC or equivalent examination of any year will not be considered. However, these conditions are not applicable to the candidates applying for B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology) course.
Age Limit: Candidates applying for the course should not have completed the age mentioned below as on July 01, 2021:
- SC/SCA/ST Candidates: No age limit
- Other candidates: 21 Years
Note: There is no age limit to the candidates applying for B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology) course.
B. For PG Courses
- Candidates possessing four year B.F.Sc. Degree of Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University or any other State Agricultural University and Central University recognized by ICAR shall be eligible for M.F.Sc. courses.
- Candidates possessing four year B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering) Degree of Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University or any other State Agricultural University and Central University recognized by the ICAR shall be eligible for applying for M.Tech. courses.
- Separate entrance examination will be conducted by the University to fill the seats in M.F.Sc. and M.Tech. degree courses. According to the merit, following communal reservation seats will be filled with Tamil Nadu candidates.
- Any unfilled seats will be filled with candidates from other States.
- Candidates from other States cannot claim admission in the quota reserved for Tamil Nadu State candidates as a matter of right on the basis of merit.
- Nativity certificate should be furnished only by those candidates who have not studied undergraduate degree course (B.F.Sc. / B.Tech. (Fish.Eng.) in Tamil Nadu, on selection from Tamil Nadu state quota.
- Candidates with an OGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 under the trimester system or 6.5 out of 10.0 or 65% aggregate under semester system alone are eligible to apply for admission to M.F.Sc. / M.Tech. degree courses. A minimum pass is sufficient for SC / ST candidates.
- Candidates who have registered for M.F.Sc. / M.Tech. degree courses and discontinued without prior permission of the University are not eligible to seek readmission.
TNFU Admission 2021 Reservation
Selection shall be made for different categories such as Open Competition, Backward Class, Backward Class (Muslims), Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) and Scheduled Tribe in compliance with the reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Note: Seats will vary as per Government direction at the time of counselling. It will be indicated through notification through the University website tnjfu.ac.in.
Few seats reserverd for special candidates:
- B.F.Sc – 06
- B.Tech. (Fish.Eng) – 02
- B.Tech. (Biotech.) – 02
- B.Tech (FT) – 02
- B.Tech. (EEE) – 01
- BBA (FBM) – 01
Eminent Sports Persons – 3 seats for B.F.Sc. only
Children of Freedom Fighter – 1 seat for B.F.Sc. only
Children of Ex-Servicemen: 1 seat for B.F.Sc. only
Vocational Stream Candidates: 6 seats for B.F.Sc. only
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Quota for B.F.Sc.: 12 seats
TNFU Admission 2021 Counselling
For UG Courses
The rank list for admission to B.F.Sc., B.Tech. (Fisheries Engineering), B.Tech. (Biotechnology), B.Tech. (Food Technology), B.Tech. (Fisheries Nautical Technology), B.Tech. (Energy and Environmental Engineering), B.B.A. (Fisheries Business Management) and B.Voc. (Industrial Fish Processing Technology) will be published in the University Website, http://www.tnjfu.ac.in. Admission will be done by counselling. The exact date of counselling notification will be published in the University website http://www.tnjfu.ac.in and also intimated to the individuals through mobile and e-mail, who are called for counselling. Mere calling for counselling does not ensure selection / admission or any other rights to the candidates so called for.
The candidate must bring this downloaded, photo affixed and duly signed application and the following certificates in original along with two sets of attested copies only at the time of counselling:
- HSC/CBSE/other equivalent mark sheet
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate* (For OC candidates, community certificate is not required)
- Certificates for Special categories
- Nativity Certificate
- First Graduate Certificate, if required (Certificate No. V) and Joint declaration form provided in the prospectus (Certificate No. VI).
For PG Program
Eligible candidates, as per their rank, will be called for counselling. At the time of counselling, selected candidates can choose any one of the available disciplines of their choice. He / she will not be granted any firm seat in other disciplines if a candidate wants to be on the waiting list. The waiting list will be filled through the second counselling.
TNFU Admission 2021 Fee & Deposits
Each selected candidate is expected to pay the following tuition fees, special fees, etc., as prescribed by the University from time to time in addition to the counselling fee.
TNFU Admission 2021 Selection Mode
For PG Courses
Selection of candidates for admission to M.F.Sc. / M.Tech. degree courses shall be done on the basis of marks obtained by them. The distribution of marks is furnished below:
|OGPA in B.F.Sc. / B.Tech. (Fish.Eng.)||90|
|Academic Medals / Awards||5|
For SC/ST candidates, a minimum of 40% score in entrance examination is mandatory and for other candidates, a minimum of 50% score in entrance
examination is mandatory. The ranking shall be done on the basis of the marks secured in the Entrance Examination in the case of equivalent total marks. The candidate with a higher OGPA will be considered next if the Entrance Examination mark is equal. In the event of a further tie, consideration will be given to the date of birth of the candidates and the older candidate shall be placed before the younger candidate. Eligibile candidates will be called for Counselling as per the merit list.
For MBA Program
Selection of candidates for MBA degree course shall be done on the basis of marks obtained by them in the qualifying degree, counselling, personal interview, etc.
About Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU)
Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University (TNJFU) is a State funded University which offers professional fisheries education, research and extension programmes to enhance fish production and utilization by following the State Agricultural University (SAU) pattern and syllabi. And the vision of the university is “Harnessing the Science of Fisheries for Food, Nutrition and Livelihood”
Official Website: tnfu.ac.in
Important Downloads :
For more detail of TNFU UG Admission 2021 – Download last year’s Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.