Gandhi Gram Rural University admits students to Certificate, Diploma, UG, PG, PG Diploma, M.Phil and PhD courses for the academic year 2019-20. The application form for all M.Phil /PhD Programmes is available only and a direct link to fill the form is provided below. The list of candidates shortlisted for the counselling for admission in B.Sc Chemistry, B.Sc B.Ed Chemistry, B.Sc Microbiology and MA Sociology Programmes has released and date for counselling is May 28, 2019. The selection of candidates for admission shall be made on the basis of merit/entrance/GATE score according to the course chosen by the candidate. Read the complete information about the Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2019 on this page.
Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2019
The admission process for the Gandhigram Rural University for the academic year 2019 is open for all the eligible candidates. The schedule of events for the Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2019 is provided below.
|Availability of application form||10 Apr 2019|
|last date for submission of form for all UG / Diploma Programmes / 5 Year Integrated Programmes||10 days from the date of publication of results of Hr.Secondary Examinations of Tamil Nadu and CBSE class XII examinations|
|last date for submission of form for PG and PG Diploma Programmes (except M.Ed. course )||17 May 2019|
|last date for submission of form for M.Ed. course||31 May 2019|
|last date for submission of form for All M.Phil /PhD Programmes|
Schedule of Entrance Test for various courses is given below:
- Click here to check the Seat allotment for the exam hall.
- Click here to check the notice regarding no negative markings.
Candidates Called for the Counselling
The Gandhiram Rural Institute (GRI) has published a list of shortlisted candidates for the counselling for the further admission process. Candidates can check the complete information from the direct link provided below.
- Click here to check the list of Candidates Called For Counselling.
- Click here to check the list of shortlisted candidates for counselling for admission in B.Sc Chemistry Programmes.
- Click here to check the list of shortlisted candidates for counselling for admission in B.Sc B.Ed Chemistry Programmes.
- Click here to check the list of shortlisted candidates for counselling for admission in B.Sc Microbiology Programmes.
- Click here to check the list of shortlisted candidates for counselling for admission in MA Sociology Programmes.
The application process for the Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2019 is online. The candidates seeking admission to the Institute will submit their online application forms through the official portal of Gandhigram Rural Institute. To access the Online Application Form, the candidates may use the direct link provided below.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for M.Phil /PhD Programmes.
All Diploma/UG/PG Dip /PG/ M.Phil programmes Foreigners:
- Rs. 600
- US$ 20
Ph D SAARC & Developing countries Other Countries:
- Rs. 2000
- US$ 100
- US$ 200
Note: SC/ST students can apply for any one of the programmes without payment of application cost subject to the production of evidence
Instructions for Application Form
- Read the Prospectus carefully before filling in the application.
- At the time of online registration the following details should be furnished.
- Name followed by initials (as per the Higher Secondary mark statement)
- Date of birth
- Valid email-ID
- Mobile number
- Before login, you must Register online. Valid e-mail id and mobile number are required. You will be provided username and password through SMS and e-mail.
- Login using the username and password provided to you. The required particulars may be filled up in different phases. Online payment should be completed before entering the required data.
- Make Final Submit before the last date.
- Login frequently to know the status of Your Application.
Before applying for the Gandhigram Rural University Admission 2019, the candidates must ensure their eligibility according to the course for which they are seeking admission. The eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Gandhigram Rural University is briefed below.
The upper age limit for admission as on July 01, 2019 is
- 21 years for UG/Diploma Programmes (24 years for SC/STs)
- 25 years for PG Diploma in Sanitary Inspector’s course (28 years for SC/STs)
- 35 years for B.Voc, Diploma, D.Voc. and Skill based programmes
- There is no age limit for other Programmes
- Click here for Courses wise Eligibility Criteria
For UG / Diploma / 5 Year Integrated Programmes / B.Sc.-B.Ed. Programmes
Admission through counselling based on marks scored in Higher Secondary or its equivalent examinations.
For B.Tech. / PG / PG Diploma / M.Phil / Ph.D. Programmes
Admission based on Entrance Test and Interview conducts for M.Phil /PhD Programmes.
For B.Ed. programme:
Admission based on the percentage of marks scored in the UG/PG programme.
For M.Tech. Renewable Energy Programme:
Category A – Based on the GATE score.
Category B – Based on the entrance test conducted by GRI (50% weightage for qualification and the remaining 50% for entrance test).
Admission to all programmes will be made subject to the reservation policy of the Government of India / UGC Norms. The SC/ST applicants will be granted relaxation in admission as mentioned elsewhere in this prospectus. Seats also will be reserved for certain special categories namely Differently Abled, Wards of Defence Personnel, Sports Persons and candidates hailing from North Eastern Regions and Jammu & Kashmir.
Candidates can check the fee structure of various programmes from below.
For detailed information about the GRI Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.