You must be well prepared for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2018) which is scheduled to be held on April 18 and 19, 2018. The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has also released the admit card for the registered candidates. After downloading the admit card, most of you keep it aside and get back to studying. Nothing bad about it, however, it is often advised to candidates to read the instructions given on the KCET 2018 Hall Ticket carefully. Why? Well, if you do not have one or two documents as specified in the hall ticket, or do not oblige to the rules as printed on it, there shall be a problem on the day of the exam, and all your preparation will go waste. But do not worry here we have provided complete exam instructions for KCET 2018. Get more information about it below.
Items Which Are Allowed Inside The Exam Centre
The candidates must bring along the following documents inside the exam center:
- A print out of the KCET 2018 Hall Ticket
- Any one of the following valid ID proof:
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- College Identity Card
- 2nd PU/ 12th Std Examination Admission Ticket/ Bus Pass
- A Black/ Blue ink ball point pens.
What Are The Items Which Are Not Allowed Inside The Exam Center?
You should not bring along or carry the following items inside the exam centre, if found with any of these can result to cancellation of the exam for such candidate.
- Log table
- Any Modern Electronic Equipment or Gadgets
- Mobile Phones
- White Fluid
- Wireless sets
- Bits of paper
- Books/ notes etc.
General Instructions For The Examinees
Here are some of the important rules which must be followed by the candidate:
- You are not allowed to wear/ carry any type of wrist watch in the examination hall/ room.
- Appear for the entrance exam as per the schedule given on the admit card.
- Bring the print out of the admit card and the valid id proof.
- You must use only Blue or black ink ball point pens for answering in the test. You will not be provided with any stationary at the exam centre.
- Do not carry more than two/three ball point pens (Blue / Black) to the examination hall and also do not carry pencil to the examination hall.
Important Instructions Regarding Marking Answers
The candidates will receive an OMR Answer Sheet in the examination hall, on which the Admission Ticket Number (CET No.), Name and the Version Code of the Question Paper Booklet will be pre-printed on it. After receiving the OMR answer sheet, you should:
- confirm if the CET Number and Name printed on the OMR Answer Sheet and in the KCET 2018 Hall Ticket is same.
- confirm whether the OMR Answer Sheet and the Question Paper issued to you are with same Version Code.
On the OMR Answer Sheet you have to complete signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in the space provided on it. After which you will receive a Question Booklet and you need to enter the Version Code and Serial Number of the question booklet on the Nominal Roll without making any mistakes. You will not receive any other question booklet in case if a mistake is done.
On the OMR Answer Sheet you must completely darken / shade the relevant circle with a blue or black ink ballpoint pen against the question number. Check the image below to get a better idea about it.
Schedule To Be Followed Inside The Examination Hall
Before the 03 bell rings, you must not do the following:
- Do not remove the break the seal given on the right hand side of this question booklet.
- Do not look inside this question booklet
- Do not start answering on the OMR answer sheet
After the 03 bell rungs at 10:40 AM/ 02:40 PM, you can remove the seal on the right hand side of this question booklet and check that this booklet does not have any unprinted or torn or missing pages or items etc.. If there is any such case, then get it replaced immediately by complete test booklet by showing it to Room Invigilator. Read each instruction given on it and start answering on the OMR answer sheet.
What To Do After Opening the Seal?
- Carefully read each question and start answering out of the four options.
- The question booklet contains 60 questions and each question will have one statement and four different options / choices.
- There is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
- The Questions and Answers in each subject question paper will be printed both in English and Kannada Language. In case if there is any discrepancy in the English and Kannada Versions, the English version will be taken as final.