|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
IISc Bangalore PG Admissions 2017 is open for various courses given below at the Institute. Eligibility criteria, specialization, areas of research and other details is available here. Candidates can check the complete detail of IISc Bangalore PG Admissions 2017 like application process, eligibility criteriaand other information on this page below.
IISc Bangalore PG Admissions 2017
Admission is open for the following courses
- Research Programmes – Doctoral (Ph D) and Master’s (M Tech [Res])
- Course Programmes – M Tech/ M Des/M.Mgt
- Sponsored Course programme (M Tech) – [For the Sponsored candidates from Defence, DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NAL, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA, PWD and CPRI.]
- Ph D (Integrated) Programmes
- External Registration Programmes at the Institute.
Schedule for IISc Bangalore PG Admissions 2017 is given here.
|Commencement of submission of online applications||01 Feb 2017|
|Last date for submission of online applications||29 Mar 2017|
|Last date for receipt of printed version of Sponsored/ERP applications||31 Mar 2017|
Note: – M.Tech/M.Des/M.Mgt cut-off report 2017 is made available in the Applicants Interface.
IISc Bangalore Ph.D Admission 2017
Admission is open for the following courses
- Research programme – Doctoral (Ph.D) and Master’s (M Tech [Res])
- Ph.D (Integrated) programme in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences disciplines.
- External Registration programme (ERP) – Ph.D
- individuals employed in R & D environment in scientific institutions or industries and
- young Engineering / Science faculty members of all Engineering Colleges/Universities including Agricultural, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary, Medical Colleges,/Universities recognized by appropriate government agencies to pursue research degrees in Science / Engineering.
IISc Bangalore PG Admissions 2017 in Course Programmes – M.Tech / M.Des and M.Mgt
The Institute offers course programmes based on course work: Master of Technology (M Tech), Master of Design (M Des) and Master of Management (M Mgt). The Institute admits about 400 students every year for its course programmes. The number includes about 50 sponsored candidates from the Defence Services, Defence Research and Development Organization, Indian Space Research Organization, BARC, NAL, CPRI, KSRTC, BMTC, PWD and BDA, faculty members from engineering colleges under the Quality Improvement Programmes.
M.Tech / M.Des
The participating departments/centres and the disciplines offered, minimum qualifications, areas of study are listed in the table given below. Candidates can choose to apply for up to a maximum of 5 disciplines from M Tech and M Des programmes.
Eligibility Criteria – Candidates with qualification in BE / B Tech or an equivalent degree must have qualified and hold valid GATE score card as on 1st August 2017.
For M Des Programme – Candidates with qualification in BE/ B Tech/ B Des/ B.Arch degree, must have qualified in GATE or CEED and hold a valid score card as on 1st August 2017.
Master of Management Programme (M.Mgt)
Eligibility Criteria – Candidates with qualification in BE/ B Tech degree, with a First Class, and must have qualified in GATE 2015/2016/2017 and hold a valid GATE score card, or CAT 2017 or GMAT with valid score card having validity as on 1st August 2017.
- Management Studies (MG) – BE / B Tech or equivalent degree (with a valid GATE or CAT or GMAT).
Selection Procedure – After screening based on GATE 2015/2016 /2017 / CAT 2017 /GMAT scores, group discussion and personal interview will be conducted at the Institute, between 17 and 19 April 2017. Selection will be based on performance in the group discussion and interview.
M.Tech (for Sponsored candidates)
The Institute offers programmes based on course work: Master of Technology (M Tech) for the sponsored candidates from Defence, DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NAL, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA, PWD and CPRI. The Institute admits about 50 students every year under sponsored category for its course programmes.
Eligibility Criteria – Candidates possessing a minimum of Second Class in the following degrees are eligible to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Electronics followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.
- Master’s degree holders in Science disciplines including Physics with Electronics/ Instrumentation/Geology/ Computer Application/ Physical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences as applicable to individual department offering M Tech programmes.
Sponsored candidates are entitled to choose only one disciplines from M Tech programmes.
Selection Procedure – After screening based on the basic qualifications, interview will be conducted on
- 17 May 2017 – ISRO, BARC, NAL, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA, PWD, CPRI.
- 18 – 19 May 2017 – DEFENCE and DRDO.
Selection will be based on the performance in the interview.