Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University (KVAFSU) PG Admission 2017 – University has released notification from the eligible candidates for admission to the Master and Doctoral Degree programmes at constituent colleges of the KVAFS University for the Academic year 2017-18. Interested and Eligible candidates have to fill the downloaded application form on or before the last date of application. Candidates can check the complete information of KVAFSUS PG Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission into Master and Doctoral Degree courses have to appear for a written test compulsorily in the concerned group for Master degree & concerned subject for Doctoral degree on the date and place mentioned below.
Schedule for the KVAFSU PG Admission 2017 is given below.
|Availability of Application Form||05 Sep 2017|
|Last date for filling up online applications||21 Sep 2017|
|Downloading of Hall ticket for Entrance Test||25 Sep 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||28 Sep 2017|
|Announcement of Marks list of Entrance Test||04 Oct 2017|
|Last date for uploading Masters OGPA in the online for PhD applicants||04 Oct 2017|
|Verification of online applications & relevant documents||up to 05 Oct 2017|
|Announcement of Provisional Rank list||02 Nov 2017|
The result of the Entrance Examination has been placed on the University website, Which can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
Check Provisional Rank List of Masters and Doctoral Courses here:
Check Entrance Test Result here:
The application form for Master and Doctoral Degree courses can be downloaded from the University website: www.kvafsu.kar.nic.in or from the direct link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the Application form.
- Application process is over…!!!
|For General/OBC||Rs.800||charges applicable|
|For SC/ST/Category-1||Rs.400||charges applicable|
|Studies state other than Karnataka||Rs.800||charges applicable|
Simple steps to apply onlineimple steps to apply online
- Download the information bulletin and read it carefully.
- Download sample application
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload photo, signature and left hand thumb impression & self declaration.
- Candidates can pay fees through e-payment only.
- Print the final application.
Uploading the scanned copies of candidate’s photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression and self declaration.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s photo, signature and candidates left hand thumb impression .
- All the scanned copies of images should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- All the scanned copies of images size should not be more than 40KB.
- Photo image dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm only.
- Signature and left hand thumb impression image dimension should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm only.
For Masters Programme
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum OGPA of 6.00/10.00 from a recognized University. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/ Cat-I, a minimum OGPA of 5.50/10.00 is adequate.
- Candidate should produce character & conduct certificate issued by the Dean’s of the respective
- Outside state students are considered on merit if the seats are fallen vacant after the seat allocation to Karnataka state students.
For Doctoral Programme
- Master’s Degree in respective SUBJECT / allied subjects.
- OGPA of 6.50/10.00 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for general category and 6.00/10.00 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for SC/ST/Caste-I/ candidates at Master’s degree level.
- The candidates who have studied under the Trimester system and seeking admission for Ph.D. programmes are required to compulsorily submit the equivalent percentage certificate (Master’s degree) obtained from their respective Universities/Institutions.
- Domicile requirement is not applicable for candidates of other states seeking admission to Ph.D. programmes.
- Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. degree programme shall apply for only one subject, and are required to appear for written entrance examination of 100 marks in the concerned subject and secure a minimum of 50 per cent of marks ( 35 per cent in case of SC/ST & Cat-I ) to qualify.
- Those candidates who do not secure minimum qualifying marks will become ineligible for admission, including in-service candidates.
Mode of Admission
Merit list will be prepared based on the following criteria:
Note:-For the purpose of eligibility for admission to Postgraduate Degree Program, a satisfactory character and conduct certificate from the University / College from where the candidate has obtained the Degree should be enclosed with the application.
Entrance Examination will be conducted for Master’s degree on 28.09.2017 between 10 AM to 12 PM for Animal Science, Fisheries & Dairy and between 2 PM to 4 PM for Veterinary Science. Entrance Examination will be conducted for Doctoral degree programme on 28.09.2017 between 10 AM to 12 PM. The Entrance Examination will be conducted at the following centers:
- Bengaluru (VCH)
- Bidar (VCB)
- Mangalore (CFM)
Candidates seeking admission for M.V.Sc /M.F.Sc /M.Sc /Ph.D. programme can opt any centre of their choice mentioned above.
No separate intimation will be sent to candidates regarding the date/time of Entrance Examination.
For more detail of KVAFSU PG Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.