Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore has consistently ranked as a top university. It offers 4 year Bachelor of Science research programme. IISC UG Admission 2017 open a few months before the beginning of academic session. Interested candidates can submit application form of IISC 2017 Admission. Get here complete details of IISC Admission 2017 for UG Bachelor of Science.
Latest: – 2nd Counselling Notification for IISc UG is released. Check the details below.
Total number of seats for IISC 2017 UG Admission is 120.
About IISC 2017 Admission
The institute has decided to not burden students with an additional IISC Entrance Test. Admission will be using merit lest of national level entrance exams KVPY, JEE (Main and Advanced), and NEET.
Students who appear in following entrance exams are eligible to apply for IISC 2017 Admission.
- KVPY-SA (appeared in 2015 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY-SB (appeared in 2016 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY-SX (appeared in 2016 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates (appeared in 2015 for SA, 2016 for SB/SX and selected for the Fellowship)
- JEE Main (Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD))
- JEE Advanced (Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD))
- NEET UG (Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)).
IISc 2017 Admission
Such students who are interested in studying at the Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore should go to the online application form. IISc 2017 Application Form should be filled by entering correct and valid details, and the requisite fee should be paid before the last date of submission of online IISC UG Admission 2017 application form.
IISC 2017 Admission Important Dates
|IISc 2017 Application Form available online from||01 Feb 2017|
|Last date for submission of online applications||28 Apr 2017|
Candidates who satisfy the IISc 2017 Admission eligibility conditions only must apply. The conditions of eligibility for IISc UG Admission 2017-2018 indicate mainly the educational qualification required in order to study undergraduate program in the Indian Institute of Science.
- Candidate must have completed class 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2016 or is going to complete it in 2017.
- Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as main subjects in 10+2 with other main or subsidiary subjects.
- Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum marks that candidate should have secured is first class (60%) in qualifying exam. For SC / ST candidates, this relaxed to pass class.
IISc 2017 Admission – Selection through KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET
Once the applications are received, and candidates’ marks obtained in the respective exams is known the institute, candidates are placed in order or merit. A cut off percentage is determined for admission through each stream (KVPY SA, KVPY SB, KVPY SX, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT).
Candidates whose marks are more than the IISc 2017 Cut Off, will be offered admissions to the four year Bachelor of Science (Research) programme.
Counselling for IISc 2017 Admission
A counseling session will be held for the selected candidates on July 17, 2017 at 9 am at the “UG administrative building” in the IISc campus. Please note that participation in the counseling session is mandatory for confirming your seat in the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme.
Please note that participation in the counseling session is mandatory for confirming your seat in the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme. Candidates should produce copy of the offer letter along with the JEE Advanced/NEET-UG results.
Candidates who are called for counselling will visit Indian Institute of Science Bangalore campus and decide on whether they wish to study there or not. If yes, they accept admission offer and complete admission formalities.
If you have applied through KVPY, scrutiny is based on you having scholarship offer and rank / merit in KVPY. Since these results are already available at time of applying, usually KVPY candidates get a call first.
JEE Main 2017 Result will be declared in end of April and hence students applying through Joint Entrance Examination get counselling dates after that. NEET 2017 Result and JEE Advanced 2017 Result both will be declared in June. Thereby such candidates who have applied through JEE Advanced or NEET UG will know of results after that.