Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore has consistently ranked as a top university. It offers 4 year Bachelor of Science research programme. As per the official website admissions in UG programme 2019 is now open from February 01, 2019. Admission in UG programme is done on the basis merit list of the various national level exams which are KVPY, JEE and NEET. Interested candidates can submit the application form for IISC 2019 Admission from here. Get here complete details of IISC Admission 2019 for UG Bachelor of Science.
IISc Admission 2019 for UG (Bachelor of Science)
Admission process has commenced from February 01, 2019 and further details for admission process will be announced till then check the expected dates from the table below.
|IISc 2019 Application Form available online from||01 Feb 2019|
|Last date for submission of online applications||30 Apr 2019|
|Date of counselling||to be announced|
|Date of spot admission||to be announced|
|Date of Second spot admission||to be announced|
Students who are interested in studying at the Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore should go to the online application form. IISc 2019 Application Form should be filled by entering correct and valid details, and the requisite fee should be paid before the last date of submission of online IISC UG Admission 2019 application form.
Candidates who satisfy the IISc 2019 Admission eligibility conditions only must apply. The conditions of eligibility for IISc UG Admission 2019-2020 indicate mainly the educational qualification required in order to study undergraduate program in the Indian Institute of Science.
- Candidate must have completed class 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2018 or is going to complete it in 2019.
- Candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as main subjects in 10+2 with other main or subsidiary subjects.
- Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum marks that candidate should have secured is first class (60%) in qualifying exam. For SC / ST candidates, this relaxed to pass class.
Application fee of the course are as per last year.
- Application Forms (available only online): The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the IISc website www.iisc.ac.in/ug.
- The application fee: Rs. 500/- for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD categories. The fee is non-refundable; any bank or payment gateway service charges must be borne by the applicant).
- Payment of the Application Fee:
Payment option: On-line Payment – Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards.
Counselling for IISc 2019 Admission
A counselling session will be held for the selected candidates for UG admissions at the “UG administrative building” in the IISc campus. Please note that participation in the counselling session is mandatory for confirming your seat in the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme. Candidates should produce the copy of the offer letter along with the JEE Advanced/NEET-UG results.
Candidates who are called for counselling will visit Indian Institute of Science Bangalore campus and decide on whether they wish to study there or not. If yes, they accept admission offer and complete admission formalities.
If you have applied through KVPY, scrutiny is based on you having scholarship offer and rank/merit in KVPY. Since these results are already available at the time of applying, usually KVPY candidates get a call first.
The cutoff Ranks for shortlisted candidates in different categories in the JEE (Main) and NEET-UG streams are (in the General Merit list):
- 5000(KM) and
About IISC 2019 Admission
The institute has decided to not burden students with an additional IISC Entrance Test. Admission will be using merit list of national level entrance exams KVPY, JEE (Main and Advanced), and NEET.
Students who appear in following entrance exams are eligible to apply for IISC 2019 Admission.
- KVPY-SA (appeared in 2017 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY-SB (appeared in 2018 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY-SX (appeared in 2018 and selected for the Fellowship)
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates (appeared in 2017 for SA, 2018 for SB/SX and selected for the Fellowship)
- JEE Main (Appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD))
- JEE Advanced (Appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD))
- NEET UG (Appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)).
IISc 2019 Admission – Selection through KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET
Once the applications are received, and candidates’ marks obtained in the respective exams is known the institute, candidates are placed in order or merit. A cut off percentage is determined for admission through each stream (KVPY SA, KVPY SB, KVPY SX, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AIPMT).
Candidates whose marks are more than the IISc 2019 Cut Off, will be offered admissions to the four years Bachelor of Science (Research) programme.
Insofar, Registration form has been released, Rest of the Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as IISc will release the IISc UG admission 2019 details, Information will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.