JEE Main 2017 Counselling will be held by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). It will be held with the counselling for JEE Advanced 2017. Through the JoSAA counselling the candidates will be able to apply for all the participating institutes, through a single platform. In the counselling of JEE Main 2017, the candidates will only be able to reserve one seat but option to withdraw, float, and slide will also be available. Check the complete process of JEE Main 2017 Counselling, seat allotment, and admission from this page.
Latest – NEUT Seat Allotment for Round 2 and Spot Counselling Schedule has been Published also check Supernumerary seat allotment for UTS from the link below.
JEE Main Counselling 2017
The result of JEE Main 2017 has been announced and the candidates are well aware of the rank and score. So, the first question that pops to the mind is, who is eligible for JEE Main 2017 counselling?
Well, for the counselling of JEE Main those students are eligible, who:
- Qualified the JEE Main 2017 and
- Secured either 75% plus marks in qualifying exam or are among the top 20 percentilers in their School Board.
Note: The percentage in the qualifying exam has to be calculated on the basis of five subjects, which must include a Language subject.
So, when will the JEE Main counselling begin? The dates and details about the counselling are not out yet. However, The possible schedule is given below. It has been prepared on the basis of previous year data and will be replace with the actual dates, as soon as it will be released.
|Registration and option will begin from||15 June 2017|
|The last date for locking and registration will be||27 June 2017|
|The Round 1 seat allotment||28 June 2017|
|The Round 2 seat allotment||04 Jul 2017|
|The Round 3 seat allotment|
|The Round 4 seat allotment|
|The Round 5 seat allotment|
|The Round 6 seat allotment|
|The Round 7 seat allotment|
JEE Main 2017 Counselling Process
The procedure of JEE Main 2017 counselling is as explained below.
Registration and Choice Filling: All the qualifiers of JEE Main 2017 have to register in JoSAA Counselling. To do so, they will be required to submit basic details about themselves. Once the candidates is registered, they will be be required to submit the choices. The candidates may apply for as many college as they want. However, they must do so in the order of priority.
- There is no fee for registration or submitting the choices.
- A JEE Main 2017 qualifier will only be able to apply for NITs, IIITs, GFTIs. However, the qualifier of JEE Advanced 2017 may also apply for IITs and the above mentioned institutes.
Seat Allotment – The second step in JEE Main 2017 Counselling is allocation of seats. For this, the data of choices and candidate’s JEE merit will be evaluated and then the seat will be allocated. The better the rank of the candidates the higher is the chance that the most prioritized college will be allocated. Candidates will have following three options:
- Withdraw – Leave the allocated seat.
- Freeze – Accept the allotment
- Float – To accept the seat but made clear that if better institute is alloted in further rounds of counselling, candidate will opt for it.
- Slide: Candidate accept the seat but also choose to go for further counselling round. If better course will be offerred in the same institute, candidate will go for it.
Last year, there were 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) in JoSAA Counselling. The total number of seats was 34895. The seat matrix was as below:
- IITs – 10572
- NITs – 18013
- IIITs – 2526
- GFTIs – 3784
Fee Payment – Candidates who will accept the allotment will get a Provisional Seat Allotment and will have to submit the seat acceptance fee. The fee amount will be:
- Rs. 20,000 for SC, ST, GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD or ST-PwD candidates.
- Rs. 45,000 for candidates belonging to other category.
Reporting at the Center – The candidates will then have to report at any of the JEE Main 2017 counselling reporting center and verify all the documents.
Reporting at the Allotted Institute – At the end of the counselling, the candidates will be required at the allocated institute and fulfill the remaining admission formalities.
JEE Main 2017 Counselling by CSAB
Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) will also conduct JEE Main Counselling 2017. However, it will only conduct the counselling to fill the seats in:
- NUET – North Eastern States and Union Territories
- SFTIs – Self Finance Technical Institutes
- Supernumerary Seats for UTs (Union Territories)
- CSAB Special Round Allotment For VACANT SEATS
Government of India has an ongoing scheme of reservation of few seats in
Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy courses conducted at degree level Technical
Institutions across the country approved by AICTE, for students belonging to twelve North East
States and UTs which do not have engineering colleges/polytechnics or have lack of facilities for
education in specific field of technical education and for certain categories including foreign students.
Registration Process is over now..!!
To Check Top 20 Percentile Cut off Marks for NIT+ System (Out of 500) as Received from Different Boards / Councils – Click Here
Counselling Schedule – Updated!
Counselling procedure will take place as per the schedule given below.
NEUT Spot Counselling Schedule
NEUT Spot Counselling schedule has been published by the officials.The result of the spot round conducted by DTES will be declared by the DTES. please look at the website of respective DTE or contact them (contact details are available in the brochure) for result.
The entire process will consist of two rounds
- All eligible candidates will register on www.csab.nic.in as per the schedule.
- During Online registration candidates have to provide their Documents, after verification of documents candidates will be able to fill, change, reorder and delete their choices of branches/institutes as per their preference.
- Candidates must take printout of their locked choices. This printout, which will consist of the terms and conditions as agreed by the candidates, has to be signed and submitted at the time of reporting at Reporting Centre.
There are 2 Rounds of seat allotment. Candidates has been selected on the basis of their All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Main)-2017 to the first year of Engineering/Technology, Architecture courses. Allotment for pharmacy is on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in class twelfth. It is important to note that these seats are other than those offered through CSAB-2017, which is for NITs, IIITs & GFTIs.
Seats has been allotted to the candidates in order of their choice they have filled during online choice filling, their merit as per All India Rank and availability of seats in their respective categories/Institutes/Branch, and the business rules of the respective state/UT.
- To Check Engg. & Arch. Round 2 Seat Allotment – Click here
- To Check Pharmacy Round 2 Seat Allotment – Click here
- To Check Engg. & Arch. Round 1 Seat Allotment – Click here
- To Check Pharmacy Round 1 Seat Allotment – Click here
For more Details Regarding CSAB NEUT Counselling 2017 – Click Here
To enable aspiring candidates to get seat in SFTIs through a centralized and transparent procedure of allotment, a separate round of counselling called as Central Seat Allocation Board – Self-Financed Technical Institutes Counselling- 2017 (CSAB-SFTI -2017) will be conducted.
|Online Payment and Printing of Receipt of Initial Fee of
Rs.21,000/-(Rupees Twenty One Thousand only) using SB-collect
from the web portal of SBI
|24 Jul to 01 Aug 2017|
|Online Registration and Filling the Choices of Branch / Institute||25 Jul to 01 Aug 2017|
|Declaration of Result and Allotment of Seat||02 Aug 2017|
|Reporting to Allotted Institutes (SFTIs) for Admission, Document
Verification, Payment of balance admission fees and other fees as
|03 Aug to 08 Aug 2017|
Click here to check complete schedule.
The CSAB-SFTI 2017 will have only one round of seat allocation process as per the declared schedule and process only after completion of all rounds for JoSAA 2017 including the special vacancy filling round of counselling for NIT + system. Candidates can check the seat allotment result from the link given below.
- For SFTI Counselling Result – Click here
Application Form 2017
The eligible candidates are required to register their details online and download an e-chalan from CSAB-2017 (www.csab.nic.in) portal deposit the initial fee of Rs. 21,000.00 (Rs. Twenty One Thousand only) incuding non-refundable processing fee of Rs 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) by e-challan to in any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) essentially by the due date as given in the schedule. The link to Register has also been provided below.
- Registration Process over…!!
Successful candidates can download their ‘Provisional Seat Allotment Letter’ from CSAB-2017 portal using their login.
Candidate has to report in person to the allotted institute for document verification, payment of balance fee and final admission. Important features of the admission procedure, total number of seats, seat distribution and fee structure of the institutes etc., will be announced on CSAB portal www.csab.nic.in. No postal or any other communication by any means will be used for any purpose by the office(s) of CSAB 2017.
Click here for Official Notice.
Supernumerary Seats for UTs (Union Territories) Counselling
|Online Registration, Choice Filling & Locking||05 Aug to 07 Aug 2017|
|Publishing of Seat Allotment Result||08 Aug 2017|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute||09 Aug to 10 Aug 2017|
Seat Allotment result for Supernumerary round of counselling has been declared. Selected candidates have to report at the allotted institute within the given time frame in-order to complete admission formalities. Candidates can check the seat allotment result from the link below using their JEE Roll no and password.
- For Supernumerary Round Counselling Result – Click here
Online registration for Supernumerary seats for UTs (Union territories) has been started. Candidates can Register and Exercise choice filling and locking from the link given below.
- Register Here online – Registration process is over now..!!
Eligibility of candidates for Supernumerary round of Seat Allotment
- The candidates having their State code of eligibility as per Business rule of JoSAA 2017 or as notified for UTs/ as per their class XII certificate/ mark sheet
- Candidates who did not get a seat till Special Vacant Seat Filling round. OR
- Candidates who did not report against an allotment in earlier round. OR
- Candidates who reported against allotted seat to RC or PI but seat was cancelled due to change in category and are still un-allotted. OR
- Candidates who reported against allotted seat to RC but withdrew the allotted seat
- Candidates who have paid initial fee (Rs 45,000 for candidates with the category tag GEN, OBC-NCL and Rs. 20,000 for candidates with the category tag SC, ST, GEN- PwD, OBC NCL PwD, SC-PwD or ST-PwD) and reported against allotment of JoSAA 2017 but did not report to the allotted Institute till 1st August 2017 12:30 PM for academic Session 2017-18.
Click Here for Official Notice.
CSAB Special Round Allotment For VACANT SEATS
A Special Vacant Seats Filling Round, hereafter called SPECIAL ROUND, will be conducted only for NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs(Except IITs) after completion of all the JoSAA Rounds as per the following schedule:-
|Registration and Choice Filling||27 Jul to 29 Jul 2017|
|Seat Allotment Result||30 Jul 2017|
|Institute Reporting||31 Jul to 02 Aug 2017|
Seat Allotment Result for Special Round has been Declared as per the schedule. Selected Candidates have to report at the allotted Institute from 31 Jul to 02 Aug 2017 for further Process. Check allotment result from the link given below.
- To Check Special Round Seat Allotment Result – Click Here
- To Check OR & CR for CSAB Special Round – Click Here
Eligibility for Special Round
- All candidates who were eligible for JoSAA as per JEE (Main) 2017 Rank will be eligible for participating in the SPECIAL ROUND.
- All such candidates who have participated in JoSAA 2017 but declared ineligible will stand ineligible for this Special round as well.
- Candidates who have not registered in JoSAA till now but are eligible as per their JEE(Main) 2017 Rank will also be eligible for participating in the Special Round for NITs/IIITs/ other GFTIs.
- Step 1: Payment of Special Round Participation Fee
- Step 2: Online registration for Special Round of counseling
- Step 3: Online Choice Filling and Choice Locking for Special Round of counseling
- Step 4: Seat Allotment business rules for Special Round of counseling
- Step 5: Reporting at Allotted Institute after Special round Seat Allotment
- Step 6: Refund of Participation Fee
JEE Opening and Closing Ranks / Cut Offs
For Special Round
For Supernumerary Seats
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main 2017 Counselling, please ask in comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.