PAU Ph.D Admission 2019 – Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) offers admission to Ph.D. programmes on All India Basis in the following disciplines for the academic session 2019-20. Candidates can check the complete details of Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D. Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, admit card and other information from this page given below.
Punjab Agricultural University PhD Admission 2019
Interested candidates will be able to apply online as per the given schedule. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria at least once which is available on the official website or on this page.
|Last date for receipt of applications (without late fee)||Second week of Oct 2019|
|Last date for receipt of applications (with late fee of Rs.1000/-)||Third week of Oct 2019|
|Name of the Entrance Test||Date||Date for downloading of Admit Card|
|PET-Agromet||First week of Nov 2019||After First week of Nov 2019|
|PET-Agri||Third week of Nov 2019||After Second week of Nov 2019|
|PET-Biotech||Second week of Nov 2019||After First week of Nov 2019|
|PET-EST||First week of Nov 2019||After First week of Nov 2019|
|PET-AE||Second week of Nov 2019||After First week of Nov 2019|
|PET-Basic Sci||Fourth week of Nov 2019||After Second week of Nov 2019|
|PET-Home Sci||Second week of Nov 2019||After First week of Nov 2019|
The minimum qualifications for admission to Ph.D. programme (other than in-service candidates and ICAR nominees) shall be an OCPA of 7.00 or 70% marks or equivalent at Master’s level and an OCPA of 5.50 or 55% marks or equivalent at Bachelor’s level as shown against respective discipline (s).
The minimum qualifications for admission to Ph.D. programme for in-service and ICAR candidates in the faculty of Agriculture in the above-mentioned disciplines shall be an OCPA of 6.50 or equivalent at the M.Sc. level and OCPA of 5.50 or an OGPA of 2.00 or equivalent at the
Bachelor’s level. For the purpose of admission to Ph.D. programme, an inservice candidate shall be an employee of PAU or Punjab Govt. or Union Territory of Chandigarh having at least five years experience of Teaching/ Research/Extension out of which at least three years should be after obtaining M.Sc. degree on the last date of receipt of applications.
Candidates will be able to apply online / offline for the Ph.D. Admission 2019 at University website. The direct link to fill the application form will be given here as per scheduled date.
The given application fee of the course is as per last year.
(i) Online Mode
- Applicants have to pay Rs. 5320/- for each Entrance Test that includes the cost of downloaded application form / Prospectus.
- A valid unique E-mail ID is necessary for uploading each application form.
(ii) Offline Mode
Applicants have to pay Rs.3820/- for each Entrance Test (Rs.500/- for additional option in MET-Agri.& MET-Home Science) in addition to cost of the Prospectus ( Rs2120/- at the Counter or Rs 2260/-by Post)
How to apply
- A clear and recent passport size colored photograph with size up to 50 KB in JPG/JPEG format and scanned copy of signature (black/blue) with size up to 50 KB are required for uploading while filling online application form.
- After filling the application form, the candidate is required to click the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- After completing the application form, the candidate is required to click the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- A verification link will be sent to the candidate’s E-mail ID. Candidate has to click on the verification link to complete submission process of the application.
- After verification, the candidate has to login using his E-mail ID and Date of Birth in order to download & print the application form and pay application fees. In order to pay fees, the candidate will be provided two modes (a) Online payment (credit card/debit card / net banking) (b) Challan mode.
- No further correspondence will be entertained with respect to the receipt of application forms, etc.
Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) admit card for PET Exam will be available here to download. Candidates can download their admit card according to the schedule through the direct link provided below by entering their “Date of Birth” & “Student UID or Prospectus No”.
The given exam pattern is as per last year.
The question booklet will have two parts: Part-A and Part-B to be attempted in 3 hours. Weightage for Part-A and Part-B will be 60% and 20%, respectively.
(b) Part-A will carry 150 multiple choice questions (MCQs) to be attempted on the OMR sheet. Each correct answer will carry one mark whereas 1/4 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
(c) Part-B will contain two subjective type questions to be attempted in the space provided along with the questions in the question booklet.
(d) Minimum 20% marks are required in the Entrance Test to be called for Counselling / Interview in Part-A and Part-B, individually.
(e) Merit list will be prepared on the basis of:
i) Performance in the Entrance Examination 80% (60% MCQ + 20% subjective)
ii) Master’s Research by Thesis & Quality of Thesis 10%
iii) Interview 10%
To check the syllabus/ exam pattern/model question paper of last year click the given window:
You can also download syllabus here.
The Ph.D result 2019 will be published online on the university official website. After the declaration of result, qualified candidates will be called for counseling. For Masters’ and Ph.D. programmes, only those candidates, who obtain 20% marks in the entrance test, will be called for counselling/interview. Further, Ph.D. candidates are also required to obtain 20% marks in MCQ & Subjective test, individually It is important that candidates should appear/ participate in counselling in-person along with all the prescribed documents.
Ph.D. programmes, only those candidates, who obtain 20% marks in the entrance test, will be called for counseling/interview. Further, Ph.D. candidates are also required to obtain 20% marks in MCQ & Subjective test, individually. At the time of counselling, the candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the FULL FEE in cash immediately ON THE SPOT, failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate. Candidates called for counselling should reach the venue on the scheduled date and time as per counselling schedule given in the prospectus. NO SEPARATE INFORMATION WILL BE SENT.
The given selection process is as per last year.
Minimum percentage of marks required to be obtained in the Entrance Test to be called for Counselling/Interview are 20% (with negative marking) in MCQ & 20% in Subjective test individually
Basis of Admissions
- Performance in the Entrance Examination – 80% (60% MCQ + 20% subjective)
- Masters’ Research by Thesis & Quality of Thesis – 10%
- Interview – 10%
The Entrance Tests will be conducetd in all disciplines of Masters’/Ph.D. programmes except for M.Tech. Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System, Diploma Course in Hybrid Seed Production Technology 1-year and Diploma in Agriculture 2-year, irrespective of the number of applicants whether they are less or equal to the number of available seats.
Ph.D. students will be sent to other universities/institutes from various departments for their 1st semester. The candidates will be informed about the name of other university / institute and the date of their registration at the time of counselling.
If any PAU graduate is awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for M.Sc. by CSIR/UGC and his/her name is recommended for PAU and if such a student seeks admission, he/she will be admitted in the University against additional seat in the concerned discipline, provided he/she fulfils the minimum requirements. The candidates from other states, who have won the above fellowship, will also be given admission against additional seats likewise.
When a student is admitted to a department or a discipline other than the one in which he/she had taken elective in his/her undergraduate programme, he/she shall be required to take all elective courses in the undergraduate programme which are prescribed for the subject in which he/she is admitted for the Master’s degree, which he/she has not taken before. These will be over and above the minimum graduation requirements for the programme. In case of a pure science graduate admitted to a department, the head of the department will decide which of the elective courses in the undergraduate programme should be taken by him/her.
No candidate, who has received a stipend as an inservice candidate or who has done his/her M.Sc. on study leave, shall be admitted to Ph.D. programme unless he/she has completed the period of service he/she is bound to for the money received for his/her M.Sc. Such candidates, however, can be considered for admission if they return the money received prior to the last date for receipt of applications.
The candidates, who are awarded fellowship by ICAR/CSIR/UGC through competitive examinations will be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the University against additional seats in the concerned discipline without Entrance Test conducted by PAU. The candidates who have not been awarded Fellowship but cleared the examination conducted by ICAR/CSIR/UGC are required to appear in the Entrance Test and Interview conducted by PAU for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
The particulars of the candidates recommended by Selection Committee shall be placed before the Academic Council which will finalize the list of candidates to be admitted.
Marks given for the interview are for the purpose of selection only and are not to be considered for the grant of Fellowship
The given Reservation is as per last year.
- Candidates qualifying All India Competitive Examination AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) conducted by ICAR 25%.
- Nominees from foreign countries (against additional seats)
- The admission to Ph.D. programme shall be on All-India basis.
- The inservice candidates from PAU or sponsored by other Institutes are not required to appear in the entrance test for admission to Ph.D. programme and their candidature in general category will not be considered. 20% seats (minimum one seat in each discipline shall be reserved) for inservice candidates of PAU on the basis of their seniority and the inservice candidates other than from PAU will be admitted against additional seats (only the senior most inservice candidates of a particular discipline will be considered for admission to Ph.D. programme as an inservice candidate The minimum qualifications for admission to Ph.D. programme for inservice candidate will remain the same.
- In Ph.D. programme, 25% seats (subject wise) for SC/ST and 5% seats (college wise) for BC candidates shall be reserved.
- The reservation in Ph.D. programmes for BC category shall be college wise with maximum of one seat in one discipline by creating additional seat, if needed.
Official website: www.pau.edu
For more details Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D Admission candidates can visit 2019 – Download last year Information Brochure
Insofar, Official details for Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D Admission has not been announced yet. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as PAU will release the Ph.d admission information will be updated here.