|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
PAU Ph.D Admission 2017 – Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) offers admission to Ph.D. programmes on All India Basis in the following disciplines for the academic session 2017-18. Candidates can check the complete details of Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D Admission 2017 like application form, eligibility criteria, admit card and other information from this page given below.
Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D Admission 2017
Interested candidates can apply online as per the given schedule. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria at least once which is available on the official website or on this page.
Schedule for Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D Admission 2017-18 is given below.
|Last date for receipt of applications (without late fee)||16 Oct 2017|
|Last date for receipt of applications (with late fee of Rs.1000/-)||23 Oct 2017|
|Name of the Entrance Test||Date||Date for downloading of Admit Card|
|PET-Agromet||14 Nov 2017||10 Nov 2017|
|PET-Agri||04 Dec 2017||26 Nov 2017|
|PET-Biotech||20 Nov 2017||12 Nov 2017|
|PET-EST||14 Nov 2017||08 Nov 2017|
|PET-AE||20 Nov 2017||12 Nov 2017|
|PET-Basic Sci||07 Dec 2017||01 Dec 2017|
|PET-Home Sci||27 Nov 2017||20 Nov 2017|
Result of PET for admission to the Ph.D. programme for the academic session 2017-18 held on the scheduled date has been announced by Punjab Agricultural University (PAU). Candidates can check the result through the respective link provided below.
Check Result: Click Here to check PET-Agromet Result.
Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has released admit card for PET Exam. Candidates can download their admit card according to the schedule through the direct link provided below by entering their “Date of Birth” & “Student UID or Prospectus No”.
Admit Card: Click Here to download Admit Card for PET Exam.
Candidates can apply online / offline for the Ph.D Admission 2017 at University website. The direct link to fill the application form was also given here as per schedule date.
- Apply Online – Process Over…!!
How to apply
- A clear and recent passport size coloured photograph with size upto 50 KB in JPG/JPEG format and scanned copy of signature (black/blue) with size upto 50 KB are required for uploading while filling online application form.
- After filling the application form, the candidate is required to click the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- After completing the application form, the candidate is required to click the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- A verification link will be sent to the candidate’s E-mail ID. Candidate has to click on the verification link to complete submission process of the application.
- After verification, the candidate has to login using his E-mail ID and Date of Birth in order to download & print the application form and pay application fees. In order to pay fees, the candidate will be provided two modes (a) Online payment (credit card / debit card / net banking) (b) Challan mode.
- No further correspondence will be entertained with respect to the receipt of application forms, etc.
An Overall Credit Point Average (OCPA) of 7.00 (out of 10.00) or 70% marks or equivalent at Master’s level in the respective or related discipline and an OCPA of 5.50 (out of 10.00) or 55% marks or equivalent at the Bachelor’s level. 5% marks are reduced for candidates belonging to reserved categories i.e. SC/ST and BC.
- Candidates qualifying All India Competitive Examination AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) conducted by ICAR 25%.
- Nominees from foreign countries (against additional seats)
- The admission to Ph.D. programme shall be on All-India basis.
- The inservice candidates from PAU or sponsored by other Institutes are not required to appear in the entrance test for admission to Ph.D. programme and their candidature in general category will not be considered. 20% seats (minimum one seat in each discipline shall be reserved) for inservice candidates of PAU on the basis of their seniority and the inservice candidates other than from PAU will be admitted against additional seats (only the senior most inservice candidates of a particular discipline will be considered for admission to Ph.D. programme as an inservice candidate The minimum qualifications for admission to Ph.D. programme for inservice candidate will remain the same.
- In Ph.D. programme, 25% seats (subject wise) for SC/ST and 5% seats (college wise) for BC candidates shall be reserved.
You can also download syllabus here.
Minimum percentage of marks required to be obtained in the Entrance Test to be called for Counselling/Interview are 20% (with negative marking) in MCQ & 20% in Subjective test individually.
Basis of Admissions
- Performance in the Entrance Examination – 80% (60% MCQ + 20% subjective)
- Masters’ Research by Thesis & Quality of Thesis – 10%
- Interview – 10%
Ph.D. students will be sent to other universities/institutes from various departments for their 1st semester. The candidates will be informed about the name of other university / institute and the date of their registration at the time of counselling.
The ICAR nominees/foreign students and those students who obtain their Masters’ degrees from a University/Institution other than PAU will have the option to study a semester course at PAU or in other specified SAU’s.
If any PAU graduate is awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for M.Sc. by CSIR/UGC and his/her name is recommended for PAU and if such a student seeks admission, he/she will be admitted in the University against additional seat in the concerned discipline, provided he/she fulfils the minimum requirements. The candidates from other states, who have won the above fellowship, will also be given admission against additional seats likewise.
When a student is admitted to a department or a discipline other than the one in which he/she had taken elective in his/her undergraduate programme, he/she shall be required to take all elective courses in the undergraduate programme which are prescribed for the subject in which he/she is admitted for the Master’s degree, which he/she has not taken before. These will be over and above the minimum graduation requirements for the programme. In case of a pure science graduate admitted to a department, the head of the department will decide which of the elective courses in the undergraduate programme should be taken by him/her.
No candidate, who has received a stipend as an inservice candidate or who has done his/her M.Sc. on study leave, shall be admitted to Ph.D. programme unless he/she has completed the period of service he/she is bound to for the money received for his/her M.Sc. Such candidates, however, can be considered for admission if they return the money received prior to the last date for receipt of applications.
The candidates, who are awarded fellowship by ICAR/CSIR/UGC through competitive examinations will be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the University against additional seats in the concerned discipline without Entrance Test conducted by PAU. The candidates who have not been awarded Fellowship but cleared the examination conducted by ICAR/CSIR/UGC are required to appear in the Entrance Test and Interview conducted by PAU for admission to Ph.D. programme.
The particulars of the candidates recommended by Selection Committee shall be placed before the Academic Council which will finalize the list of candidates to be admitted.
Marks given for the interview are for the purpose of selection only and are not to be considered for the grant of Fellowship
For more details Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.