Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020: Tamil Nadu Health Organisation (TN Health) has released the notification for admission for Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020. It offers admission to various professional courses. TN Health aims to provide the best medical care to its people of Tamil Nadu. It provides the best medical facilities to every citizen keeping pace with the growing technological developments in the field of medicines. It provides admission in MBBS/BDS, Post Basic B.Sc Nursing, M.Pharm, and M.Sc Nursing. The selection of eligible candidates is done by the Selection committee functioning under the chairmanship of the Director of Medical Education. Candidates can get all the detailed information about notification, eligibility, application form, merit list & result on this page.
Latest: Directorate Of Indian Medicine And Homoeopathy has released the notification for D.I.P & D.N.T Courses. Scroll down to check.
Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020
Interested and eligible candidates can apply to the course which they want to pursue. The selection will be done by the selection committee on the basis of marks obtained in the prescribed science subjects at the qualifying examination.
TN Health Admission
- MBBS / BDS Admission
- Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admission
- M.Sc Nursing Admission
- B.Pharma Admission
Courses Offered :
|MBBS (MEDICAL)||5 Years (Including one year CRRI)|
|BDS (Dental)||5 Years (Including one year CRRI)|
|B.Sc (Nursing)||4 Years|
|B.P.T.(Physiotherapy)||4 Years (Including compulsory Six Month CRRI)|
|B.O.T. (Occupational Therapy)||4 Years(Including compulsory Six Month CRRI)|
|BASLP||4 Years (Including One year internship)|
|B.Sc(Radiology &ImagingTech.)||3½ Years(Including six months compulsory resident internship)|
|B.Sc(Radio Therapy Technology)||3½ Years(Including six months compulsory resident internship)|
|Post Basic B.Sc(Nursing)||2 Years|
|B.Pharm Lateral Entry||3 Years|
|Diploma in Nursing||3 Years|
|Diploma in Pharmacy||2 Years With 500 hours (3 months of Hospital Training)|
|Certificate Courses||1 Year|
|Diploma Courses||2 Years|
Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020 from below:
- Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Overseas citizens of India who are registered under Section 7 A of the citizenship Act, 1955 (Centra Act 57 of 1955) are eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS course subject to the production of proof of such registration.
- Nativity: Candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu only will be considered for admission to the medical, dental, para-medical and para-medical certificate courses.
- Age Limit: Candidates should have completed 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission. (Example-For 2013-2014 session 17 years should have been completed on or before 31st December 2013).
- Qualification: Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary Certificate (Academic) conducted by the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary State Board with the following group of subjects with prescribed minimum marks alone shall be considered.
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any other subject.
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
Note: Candidates who have passed any other equivalent examination with the same group of subjects mentioned above shall also be considered subject to the eligibility certificate from Tamil Nadu Dr. M. G. R. Medical University, Chennai.
Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Selection for admission to government / self-financing medical institutions will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the eligible candidates in the prescribed science subjects at the qualifying examination reduced to the base of 200 marks.
Calculation Of Marks:
Weighted total marks for a maximum of 200
Percentage in biology (X)
Percentage in physics and chemistry taken together(Y)
Percentage in botany and zoology taken together(Z)
Weighted total marks for a maximum of 200 Either (X+Y) or (Z+Y)
- Ranking of the candidates will be done based on the total marks computed to a maximum of 200, as mentioned above.
- The MERIT LIST will be made available in the websites www.tnhealth.org and www.tn.gov.in
- Selection for admission to the seats under category I and Category II under the respective courses will be made according to merit, choice of the candidate, seats available and rule of reservation.
Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020 Counselling
- Selection and admission will be made on merit basis for all categories of seats for Medical, Dental and Para-Medical courses, through counselling, following rule of reservation, choice of candidates and availability of seats. Eligible candidates will be called for counselling through call letters and also by publishing the counseling schedule on the website.
- According to this system the candidates are called for counselling according to the rank based on the aggregate marks (for 200) obtained. Candidates can attend the counselling accompanied by one parent /guardian.
- Candidates have to furnish relevant details in a counseling form and the original certificates are verified. The vacancy position and colleges available are displayed. The candidates have two options for MBBS and two options for BDS. (for MBBS : Govt/Govt. Quota Seats in Self Financing Colleges, for BDS: Govt./Govt. Quota Seats in Self Financing Colleges).
- Candidates can choose any of the course and college where seats are available at their turn. If the seat is not available in the course of their choice they can opt to be wait listed. If the candidate chooses the BDS course (which is only available at his/her turn) in government dental college, then the candidate can be waitlisted for MBBS course in all categories of seats unless he/she is opting out.
- The option once given at the time of counselling cannot be changed later under any circumstances. If a Candidate opts out of one category of seats and opts for the other category, under no circumstance he/she can claim for the opted out category.
- A non-refundable amount is being collected from the candidates selected during counselling. If the candidate does not join the course or discontinues the course, he/she will have to forfeit the non refundable amount paid during the counselling and the selection automatically stands canceled.
Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020 Reservation
The reservation of seats is as follows:
- Open competition 31%
- Backward classes 30% (Within 30% reservation for BC, 3.5% reservation will be provided for BC Muslims)
- Most backward classes/De-notified communities 20%
- Scheduled castes 18%
- Scheduled castes Arunthathiyar (16% of 18% SC seats)
- Scheduled tribes 1%
All India Quota: 15% of the total seats in government medical colleges and government dental college are allotted to the AIQ and the allotment is done by the DGHS, New Delhi, based on the Entrance Examination conducted by them on All India basis.
Government Seats In various College For Different Courses :
Government Seats For Certificate Courses :
Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The fee structure for the Tamil Nadu Health Admission 2020 is based on previous year.
Official Website: tnhealth.tn.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.