XLRI FPM Admission 2021 – Application form for XLRI EPM and EFPM has been available now. Xavier School of Management (XLRI) offers Fellow Programme in Management (FPM). FPM is a full-time, residential programme that prepares prospective eligible candidates to become highly experienced and innovative researchers, management thinkers and teachers in different aspects of management. Admission in XLRI FPM is done through XAT or UGC JRF / NET, GMAT / GRE / GAT or MBA / PGDM. Selection is based on the personal interview of shortlisted candidates. Candidates aspiring to take admission in FPM must fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by XLRI. To know more about XLRI FPM Admission 2021, candidates must follow the below-given article.
Latest: XLRI Jamshedpur has released the application form for XLRI FPM & EFPM Admission 2021. Scroll down to Apply.
XLRI FPM Admission 2021
Candidates shortlisted in the admission process, are required to appear for a personal interview at XLRI, Jamshedpur for final selection. To stay updated with the important events related to XLRI FPM admission 2021, follow the table given below.
|Online registration start from||Started!|
|Last date for Applying online||Jan 2021|
|List of shortlisted candidates||–|
|Result declaration||to be announced|
XLRI FPM 2021 Registration
Application for FPM 2021 are invited online on the official website. Candidates are required to register themsleves online before the last date of submission. Applicants can apply by following the below given instructions.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the application form for XLRI FPM 2021.
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on ‘FPM 2021 registration’
Step 2: Next, following shall be displayed on your screen.
Step 3: Candidates have two option for applying.
- Through GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF/UGC-NET
- Through Alumni of reputed Institutions
Step 4: Applicants are required to fill in the details and register themselves.
Step 5: Once registeres, candidtes shall recieve their login id and passwod, which they can use for applicant login. (Screenshot below)
XLRI FPM Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the eigibility criteria for FPM. Candidates must ensure to fulfill the same before applying for the programme. Applicants who do not fulfill the same are liable to get rejected / exempted ftom the admission process.
- Candidtes must have master’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline
- Must have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) with the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates)
- Candidates must have studied five years/four years Integrated Master’s Degree programme in any discipline
- Must have scored at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) after completing (10+2) or equivalent
- Candidates having BE/B.Tech degree or its equivalent.
- Must have secured at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) with 2 years of related work experience.
- Candidate must possess professional qualification like CA, ICWA or CS with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates)
- Candidate applying must have a bachelor’s/master’s degree of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or equivalent under section 3 of UGC act, 1956, or
- Must have an equivalent qualification acknowledged by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or equivalent from an institution approved by AICTE.
XLRI FPM Admission Process 2021
The admission process requires a candidate to opt for ONE of the following options:
Option 1 – (XAT)
- Candidates with any of the qualifications laid down in the eligibility criteria for XLRI FPM 2021, may choose to appear in the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT – 2021) to be conducted all over India.
Option – 2 (UGC JRF/NET; GMAT/GRE/GATE)
- Candidates fulfilling eligibility may submit UGC JRF/NET; GMAT/GRE/GATE results/scores taken during the last two years. Such candidates will be exempted from appearing in XAT.
Option – 3 (MBA/PGDM candidates)
- Candidates who have done their PGP from XLRI, any IIMs, FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, XIM Bhubaneswar, IRMA, SP Jain, School of Management of IITs, TIFR, TISS, ISI and other comparable Institutes with a CQPI of at least 6.00/8.00 or equivalent will be exempted from appearing in the XAT.
XLRI FPM Admission 2021 Result
XLRI releases the result for fellow program in Management (FPM) and Executive fellow program in Management (EFPM) Admission as schedule at the official website. Candidate can check the final result the direct link will be provided.
XLRI FPM Admission 2021 – Course Structure
The FPM usually requires four years of residential conditions in two stages. Following are the two stages.
- First Stage: In this stage, the chosen candidate is expected to meet the course terms over two years. During this stage, the student is given proper exposure to the basic discipline of management, thus preparing him/her for the thesis work in the next stage.
- Second Stage: This stage will include specially designed doctoral and advanced course.
On successful fulfillment of the course work, the student has to pass in the comprehensive examination before taking up the thesis work. The thesis stage is of two years. The student will select a thesis topic from below given specialization areas:
- Information Systems
- Production, Operations& Decision Sciences
- Organizational Behavior
- Personnel Management & Industrial Relations/Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management.
Note: A student is allowed to change the area of research only with the consent of FPM Committee. The FPM Committee may require the student to do some more courses suitable for the changed research area as the condition for such a change.
XLRI FPM 2021 Important Stages
The key stages are for XLRI Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) are following.
- First year coursework common with XLRI PG programme
- Second year coursework in area of specialization
- Comprehensive examination
- Proposal defense
- Data collection / Research
- Thesis defense
XLRI FPM Admission 2021 -Fellowship
Fellow students are awarded a fellowship of Rs. 25,000/- per month during the first and second year and Rs. 30,000/- per month for the next two years, and no fees (admission, tuition, course material, computer, or library) is charged. It is paid only to the fulltime residential students for a maximum period of four years. From the third year, a student can work as a ‘Research and Teaching Assistant’ (RTA), for which Rs.30,000/- per course will be paid extra. A fellow student is entitled to a contingency grant of Rs. 25, 000/- per annum for four years and a grant of Rs. 20,000/- for data collection during third year.
Xavier School of Management (XLRI) was founded in 1949 and managed by Jesuit Fathers has always aimed to be a management school with a difference. Pursuit of academic excellence and fostering whole-person integral growth – intellectual, emotional, spiritual and social persona of students has been the symbol of XLRI for over six decades. The vision of XLRI is to offer an education that is not just leading to a degree but one that inspires future business leaders to respond to the unmeeting needs of society. XLRI conducts one of the oldest competitive tests in the country called XAT on behalf of XEMI and grants admission in XLRI HRM, BM, Global MBA, PGDM (GMP) and FPM through XAT & Other exams.
XLRI FPM 2020 Admission Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : FPM is commonly used abbreviation for "Fellow Programme in Management". The FPM is a full time, residential, doctoral program that trains prospective scholars to become highly skilled and innovative researchers and teachers in various aspects of management.
Ans : No. However, a student may seek employment after the comprehensive exam is completed, with the concurrence of his/her thesis advisory committee.
Ans : Students interested in pursuing research careers having high scholastic aptitude should apply. Typically students have varied backgrounds.
Ans : XLRI is looking for highly motivated and disciplined candidates with strong academic preparation who exhibit curiosity, desire to learn, and have an inclination towards research.
Ans : You can apply online on the official website.
Ans : Yes, admission to FPM is through XAT exam; or alternatively, some other test scores are acceptable. However, if you are a graduate of XLRI or some other selected institutes, you need not appear for XAT. In any case, you have to appear for an interview.
Ans : XLRI intends making 20 offers each year. More than 300 candidates are expected to apply.
Ans : You have to apply for a specific area. Area to which you have applied will decide on your suitability for admission. You can change your area of specialization later, under exceptional circumstances.
Ans : The program is approved by AICTE. And we have applied to AIU for equivalence recognition.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.