NLU Delhi conducts the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2016 exam for BA LLB (Hons), LLM and PhD admissions. AILET 2016 application form is published by National Law University, Delhi. There are 83 seats in BA LLB course, 50 in LLM. Seats in PhD do not exceed 10. As law aspirants across the country gear up for the various BA LLB, LLM and PhD in law entrance exams, details of AILET exam 2016 are elaborated.
Latest – AILET 2016 First Merit List (Supplementary) for BA LLB Hons has been released. Check ‘Result’ link below
The major points to be taken into account are regarding AILET application form filling, admit card download, exam pattern. Also before applying you need to know the eligibility criteria.
The National Law University Delhi has decided to conduct the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2016 for admission to B.A.LL.B (Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D Degree Programmes for the academic year 2016-2017 as per the schedule given below.
|AILET 2016 details available application forms||01 Jan 2016|
|Last date for submission of applications||11 Apr 2016|
|Availability of AILET Admit Card 2016 from||16 Apr 2016 (after 9:00 PM)|
|AILET 2016 exam date||01 May 2016|
|Declaration of AILET 2016 Result (BA.LL.B(Hons.)|
AILET Preparation 2016
There are around 70 seats for Indian nationals in BA LLB program. More than 12,000 students appear for the AILET every year against such few seats. The level of competition is definitely high. Still, it is not very difficult to crack the AILET exam with the correct preparation. Get an idea of the minimum score you will need to get in AILET. Past year AILET cut off is given below.
|Category||AILET 2016 Cut Off||AILET 2015 Cut Off||AILET 2014 Cut Off|
There is negative marking in the AILET exam. This factor needs to be considered while taking the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2016. Here are some preparation tips for AILET 2016.
- Read newspapers daily to catch up with GK and current affairs.
- Have a time table for studying. It is advised that you give at least 7-8 hours each day to prepare for law entrance exams.
- Out of the 90 minutes in the exam, you should give around 20 minutes to the English section. 10 minutes each can be for Mathematics and GK. 25 minutes each will be required to attempt the Legal and Reasoning sections.
Books and resources suggested by toppers for AILET 2016 preparation.
- RK Sharma‘s book for Logical reasoning.
- CSR Competition Success Review
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- AILET previous year question papers.
AILET Exam Pattern
The paper pattern of All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for BA LLB is as given below.
|Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Questions and distribution|
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics)||35 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
AILET pattern for LLM entrance exam is explained below.
|Questions and distribution|
|Subject areas||Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory|
|Objective Type||100 questions of one mark each|
|Essay||One Essay of 50 marks on a topic of law from the above subjects.|
|Total questions||100 (objective type) and 1 (Essay)|
AILET Application Form
You can apply online for All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2016. Application form for AILET 2016 can be downloaded in PDF format after submission. You may apply online at nludelhi.ac.in. This year the AILET application form 2016 are made available from January 1, 2016. As per guidelines, brief details of online form of AILET are explained here.
AILET application form – You can download the acknowledgement slip after submission of application form.
- Please read the Admission Notice carefully before filling the Application form.
- Enter correct and verifiable information only while you fill this form.
Documents to be referred for AILET 2016 application form.
- Class X mark sheet. This will be used as date of birth proof.
- Class XII mark sheet. If you are yet to appear in class 12th exam, this is not required while form fill up.
- If applicable, SC/ST/PD/KM certificate. This should be a latest and valid certificate.
- BPL category certificate copy, attested from competent authority (in case of BPL candidates of SC/ST category).
- Passport size photographs.
Please note – There are five separate courses’ application forms. Ensure that you have filled the correct form.
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) programme form for Indian national category.
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) programme form for foreign national category.
- LL.M. programme form for Indian national category.
- LL.M. programme form for foreign national category.
- Ph.D. programme application form.
AILET online application form 2016 – Apply online using the online form made available by NLU Delhi.
- Go to “Register Online” link.
- Enter basic details such as email, name, date of birth, gender, father’s name, mother’s name, address, city, state, country, mobile number. A new account will be created.
- Log in to the form.
- Enter all other details of education background, course and all other fields.
- Make payment of application fees.
- Two modes of payment are available – (1) Cash deposit at e-post offices, (2) Online payment gateway.
Eligibility for AILET
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) – Five-Year Programme Eligibility: Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or Equivalent Examination with 50% marks. The candidates appearing in the 12th standard examination in March/April can also apply.
LL.M. (One year) – LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disability). The candidates appearing in final LL.B. examination in April/May, 2016 can also apply.
Ph.D. Eligibility: LL.M. Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent(50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disability).
AILET Admit Card
Candidates are issued the hall ticket online. The admit card of AILET will be issued on in 16th April 2016. Those candidates who do not obtain the AILET hall ticket before the test will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. Candidate can download the AILET admit card online at nlu delhi website. Admit Card is a very important document. Candidate must present it on the day of exam. Details of candidate’s roll number, test center and other information are printed on the hall ticket.