DTU Admissions 2016 will be through JAC Delhi 2016. Joint Admission Counselling for DTU, IGDTUW, IIITD, NSIT will be conducted in July 2016. DTU will not hold separate counselling for B.Tech Admission. It is participating in the joint counselling for Delhi engineering colleges. Please visit the JAC Delhi page for more information and updates on the same.
Please note that the DTU B.Tech Admission 2016 will be done through JAC Delhi. The final and updated information is given on JAC Delhi page. Please visit the JAC Delhi page at the link given below.
Delhi Technological University is a non-affiliating teaching-cum-research University engaged in fostering excellence in education, research and innovations in engineering and technology, applied sciences and management.
Educational Qualifications: A candidate passing any of the following examinations from a recognized School/College/Institute located within the National Capital Territory(NCT) of Delhi only and securing 60 % or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, shall be eligible for admission to the first semester of Bachelor of Technology Course provided he/she has passed in each subject separately. A candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study of the Senior School Certificate Examination Level (Core or Elective).
Applicant must be 17 years of age and maximum 25 years of age on or before the first October of the years in which he/she seeks admission.
Seat Matrix for B.Tech Courses (Last Year)
DTU Admission for Other courses
- B.Tech (Evening) Admissions
- B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission – 2015
- MBA Admission at Delhi School of Management (DSM)
- M.Tech. Admission
The University is inspired by talent and driven by innovations and is firmly committed to provide industry relevant, socially responsible manpower to meet the challenges of 21st Century. The culture of research and innovations is vibrant in the DTU campus which inspires students from UG levels onwards to engage in cutting edge technology development and discover the value and worth of the knowledge acquired by them during their studies. With its illustrious history spanning over 71 years the institution is marching on the pathways of excellence and is one of the highly sought-after university for the inspired students community and faculty.
DTU Ph.D Admission 2016
Delhi Technological University admits Full-Time/Part-Time scholars for Ph.D in various branches of Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and management. Read all the details of DTU Ph.D Admission 2016 like schedule, application procedure, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Schedule of DTU Ph.D Admission 2016 is given below.
|Opening of Online Application Form||16 May 2016|
|Last date for Online Application||06 June 2016, 12:00 Midnight|
|Display of list of shortlisted candidates for written test||15 June 2016|
|Date of Written test||26 June 2016|
|Declaration of result||26 June 2016, Evening|
|Dates for Interview||27 & 28 June 2016|
|Declaration of final result||29 June 2016|
|Date of admission||13 July 2016|
|Display of vacant seats for spot round||15 July 2016, 5:00 pm|
|Spot round of admissions at DTU||22 July 2016, 10:00 am|
Interested candidates can apply online on or before scheduled date. Before going to apply candidates must check all the details carefully.
Incomplete Applications are likely to be rejected.
An applicant possessing a Masters degree in Engineering/Technology/ Sciences/Management/Humanities in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as determined by the Delhi Technological University shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University. In exceptional cases applicant with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering & Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate ( of all semesters) or Equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible. Five percent (5%) relaxation in marks at the level of qualifying degree will be given to SC/ST category students for determining the eligibility conditions to appear in the screening test.
For complete details of Eligbility Criteria, check the Information brochure given below on this page.
- The short-listing of applications for the purpose of screening test & interview will be done by the Ph.D. coordinator nominated by the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the respective departments. Written test will be of 60 marks having 60 questions from entire spectrum of the department syllabus and 1½ Hr. duration along with interview weightage of 40 marks. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of 100 marks.
- The short listing of candidates for interviews will be done on the basis of following criteria:
- General/OBC category candidates: Minimum 30% Marks in the written test or five times the available seats in the respective category, whichever is higher.
- SC/ST category candidates: Minimum 20% Marks in the written test or five times the available seats in the respective category, whichever is higher.
- Those candidates, who are having a valid CSIR/ BARC/ NET (JRF) or any other Govt. fellowship will be exempted from written test in addition to the DTU/DCE faculty, regular employees of the organisations having MoU with DTU along with Project staff of DTU (as per PhD Ordinance). Foreign students who apply through Ministry of Human Resource Development or foreign students under a Cultural Exchange Scholarship Programme of government of India will also be exempted from the written test. For all such candidates who are exempted from appearing in written test, the merit list will be prepared on the basis interview marks only.
- The interview shall be conducted by a committee comprising of Vice-Chancellor, Chairman, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Dean Academic (PG) and Ph. D coordinator as common members along with the members of respective DRCs.
- Any change in category of candidates will not be entertained; hence they will be selected in the category in which they have applied.
- Ph.D. Admissions in respect of Nominations of foreign students from Indian council for cultural Relations (ICCR) will be done as per University Rules.
For complete details of DTU Ph.D Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure