JEE Main 2016 is the Joint Entrance Examination that CBSE is conducting. The JEE Main is largest engineering entrance exam in India held to determine merit for engineering (BE / B.Tech) admissions in Universities and colleges. Eligible students can submit the CBSE JEE Main Application Form 2016 at jeemain.nic.in when it is released. Applicants will then be issued admit card of JEE Main 2016 containing exam center and test details. JEE Main Result and All India Rank will be declared after all the state boards have published class 12 / board results. Get here complete details of JEE Main 2016 including date, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, admit card, result.
About JEE Main – The exam consists of two papers – Paper I is for BE / B.Tech and Paper II is for B.Arch. The Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of JEE Main will also be an eligibility test for the JEE Advanced (IIT JEE), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs. JEE Main rank is used for admissions in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.
JEE Main 2016 Application Form – CBSE will release JEE Main Application Form 2016 and information brochure at jeemain.nic.in.
JEE Main 2016
Preparation for JEE Main 2016 and IIT JEE Advanced 2016 is crucial for scoring high and getting admission in the best engineering college. JEE Main preparation involves knowing the syllabus, and solving past year papers.
JEE Main for Admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions include
- The performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying examination and,
- Marks scores in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
JEE Main 2016 Important Dates
|Availability of application form for Joint Entrance Examination Main||First Week of November 2015|
|Last date to apply||Last Week of December 2015|
|Download JEE Main admit card||March 2016|
|Date of exam||April 2016|
|JEE Main 2016 Result (Score)||Last Week of April 2016|
|JEE Main 2016 All India Rank||First Week of July 2016|
Complete details of JEE Main 2016 will be available in November when CBSE releases the information brochure. Details given on this page about JEE Main 2016 application form, dates, eligibility, admit card, results and merit list as as per last year’s exam information brochure and is only for reference purpose. Final and updated details will be given in November 2015.
JEE Main 2016 Application Form
To appear in the exam, candidates must fill and submit the online application form of JEE Main 2016 at jeemain.nic.in which is expected to be released in the first week of November, 2015. Around six weeks time is available for completing the process. Candidates must enter correct and verifiable details only in the form and submit it before last date. Read the eligibility criteria of JEE Main such as age limit, educational qualification given at jeemain.nic.in before proceeding to fill the CBSE JEE Main form.
Application fee was as follows last year. This year’s (JEE Main 2016) application fee will be updated shortly.
|Computer based test||Appearing in only one Paper (1 or 2); Center in India|
|General / OBC boys||500|
|SC / ST / PWD boys, General / OBC / SC / ST / PWD girls||250|
|Computer based test||Appearing in both Papers (1 and 2); Center in India|
|General / OBC boys||1300|
|SC / ST / PWD boys, General / OBC / SC / ST / PWD girls||650|
|Pen and paper based test||Appearing in only one Paper (1 or 2); Center in India|
|General / OBC boys||1000|
|SC / ST / PWD boys, General / OBC / SC / ST / PWD girls||500|
|Pen and paper based test||Appearing in both Papers (1 and 2); Center in India|
|General / OBC boys||1800|
|SC / ST / PWD boys, General / OBC / SC / ST / PWD girls||900|
|Pen and paper based test / Computer based test||Appearing in only one Paper (1 or 2); Center outside India|
|General / OBC boys||2500|
|SC / ST / PWD boys, General / OBC / SC / ST / PWD girls||1250|
|Pen and paper based test / Computer based test||Appearing in both Papers (1 and 2); Center outside India|
|General / OBC boys||3800|
|SC / ST / PWD boys, General / OBC / SC / ST / PWD girls||1900|
Apply Online Here – CBSE will make the application form of JEE Main 2016 available in November.
How to apply?
Steps to apply have been detailed as follows.
- The first step is to keep your documents ready to fill JEE Main application form. You will have to refer to class 10 documents, class 12 documents (if available), scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- On reaching the JEE Main 2016 application form, a complete set of instructions will be displayed by CBSE. Read the instructions carefully.
- In the first stage of registering for Joint Entrance Examination, you will be asked to enter details like name, parents’ names, category, date of birth, academic background, address and contact details.
- On submitting this, note down the application form number and password.
- Upload documents including the scanned photograph, signature, thumb impression. The images should be of exact dimension and size as specified by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Review and check that all details mentioned in the form is correct, then pay requisite application fee.
JEE Main 2016 Admit Card
The last date to apply for the exam will be towards the end of December. Taking into consideration the large number of applicants, the exam conducting body will take some time process the forms. Last year, more than 13 lakh students had applied. After form submission, candidates will be able to check the status of their form as well. In February end or March, the facility to download admit card of JEE Main 2016 shall be made available.
- You can download JEE Main 2016 admit card by logging in at jeemain.nic.in using log in details, as filled and generated in the application form.
- The admit card of JEE Main 2016 must be carried along with other documents, as specified, on the day of exam.
- Hall ticket is a very important document for the Joint Entrance Examination. It should be preserved till the end of admission process.
Admit card of JEE Main 2016 is an important document and is compulsory to appear in the online / offline CBSE entrance exam.
- JEE Preparation
- JEE Main previous year question papers and answers
- Opening and Closing Rank (Round Wise)
- College Wise Cut Offs
- Rank Predictor
JEE Main Exam Pattern
The JEE Main Paper 1 is held in both offline and online modes. While filling the form, candidate must select the mode in which he / she wishes to appear in the exam. To decide between online vs offline modes, candidate must chose wisely. Exam pattern of JEE Main 2016 is explained here.
|Subject||Number of questions|
- Duration of exam – 3 Hours
- Paper 1 Sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Total questions – 90
- Maximum marks – 360
- Marks for correct answer – (+4)
- Marks for incorrect answer – (-1)
- Paper 2 sections – PCM, Drawing and Aptitude Test.
|Subject||Number of questions|
Please note that Paper 1 of JEE Main is for B.E./ B.Tech. whereas Paper 2 is for B.Arch./B.Planning.
Paper 1 can be opted in either pen and paper based mode OR computer based mode.
Paper 2 can only be given in the pen and paper based exam mode.
JEE Main 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The JEE Main eligibility criteria needs to be fulfilled in order to appear for the exam. Before applying, you must ensure whether you are eligible to appear or not. The following points outline the Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2016.
- Class 12th qualifying subjects – You should have at least five subjects in class 10+2 qualifying exam.
- Age criteria – Your date of birth should be before 1 October 1990. For SC / ST / PWD candidates, 5 year relaxation is given.
- Year of passing class 12 exam – You shuold have appeared in class 12th exam on or after 2013. If you appeared in 2012 and did not pass, and appeared in 2013 and passed, you are not allowed for JEE Main exam.
- Number of attempts – You can appear in JEE Main exam only three times.
Answer Key & Result of JEE Main 2016
After the exam, JEE Main 2016 Answer Key can be checked online by candidates who have taken the test in online or offline modes. The score obtained by each test taker is declared as the JEE Main 2016 Result. The All India Rank (AIR) is declared by CBSE on the basis of normalized marks calculated by giving 60% weightage to JEE Main score, and 40% to performance in qualifying examination.
JEE Main Archives
- Expected Cut Offs
- Official Cut Offs for Appearing in JEE Advanced
- CBSE Board cut off for JEE Advanced (official)
- Boards Cut Off for Top 20 Percentile Calculation
- Percentile and Normalization of Class 12 Marks
Institutes taking admission through JEE Main
- Click Here for Complete List of Institutes taking B.Tech. admission based on JEE Main Score.
If you have any questions regarding JEE Main please post your queries in comments below.