CBSE will announce JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018 on May 31, 2018. The result of JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 will be checked online. Central Board of Secondary Education will publish rank on cbseresults.nic.in. For the purpose of viewing result candidates will log in with Roll Number and Date of Birth. Know complete details about JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018 and Rank from here.
The result of JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 will not be released offline. The merit of the candidates will be purely decided on the basis of score in the exam. JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018 / Rank is required for admission to BArch / BPlan (undergraduate architecture and planning) courses.
After exam check JEE Main 2018 answer key.
- Click here for JEE Main 2018 answer key.
JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018
Details required to check JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018
- JEE Main 2018 Roll Number
- Date of Birth
|Date of JEE Main Paper 2 2018||08 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of result||31 May 2018|
Result: JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018 will be announced at jeemain.nic.in.
How to Check JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018
We have explained the step-by-step process for check the result of JEE Main Paper 2 below:
Step 1 – Result will be hosted by cbseresults.nic.in.
The link to check the result will be provided on this page when officially announced.
Step 2 – Enter Roll Number and Date of Birth. Click on the Submit button.
Step 3 – Download the displayed result.
It is very important to download the result because it is JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Rank Card. Candidates will have to submit it to the counselling and admission process.
How will JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018 Look Like?
CBSE will release the result for both Paper 1 and 2 and it appears as below. The candidates who do not appear for JEE Main Paper 1 will see blank sections against Paper 1 on his/her scorecard.
Details Mentioned in JEE Main 2018 Result for Paper 2
The result of the examination carries the following details:
- Roll Number
- Name of Candidates
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- State of Eligibility
- Marks Obtained in JEE Main 2018 Paper II
- JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 All Indian Rank
Note: The cutoff mentioned in the JEE Main 2018 scorecard is for those candidates who qualified for JEE Advanced 2018. It is not the cutoff for JEE Main Paper 2 for B.Arch/B.Planning.
Process for Calculating JEE Main Paper 2 Result
The Paper 2 result of JEE Main 2018 is completely prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the exam. The score of Paper 2 will be calculated by following the marking scheme. Whereas, to allocate the AIR of JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 the score will be used.
Tie Breaking Method for JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018
- If there is a tie while allocating the rank then-candidate withholding higher marks in Aptitude Test will be checked. The candidate with higher marks will be allocated higher rank.
- If tie did not break, then the marks in Drawing Test will be considered. The candidates with higher marks will be allocated higher rank.
- As a last resort, the ratio of negative and positive marks will be calculated. The one with more positive marks will be allocated the rank.
Admission in NITs, IIITs, GFTIs on the Basis of JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2018
The admission in B.Arch and B.Planning courses will only be granted to those candidates, who:
- Secure a suitable rank in JEE Main 2018 Paper 2.
- Must have secured 75% in class 12 or would have been among the top 20 percentiles.
- Should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics as a core subject.
If any of the criteria is not satisfied, the seat will not be allocated.