PTU M.Tech Admission 2020 – I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical university will offer admission in the M.Tech programme. The admissions will be done through the valid GATE scorecards for the academic session 2020-21. The admission will be made in the university affiliated colleges. Those candidates who have passed BE / B.Tech from any recognized university with minimum 50% aggregate scores are eligible for the admission in the M.Tech courses. To check more details regarding the PTU M.Tech Admission 2020, scroll down the page.
PTU M.Tech Admission 2020
There will be reservation also for the admission in the PTU affiliated colleges as per the last year information. The admission shall be made in the colleges affiliated with the universities mentioned below:-
- I.K Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical Univesity, Bathinda
The number of colleges, branches in each college and number of seats will be as given in the letter of approval issued by AICTE. These number of colleges is given as per the previous year information. Candidates can get an idea through these number of colleges.
PTU M.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications and resident Status for Admission
- All those candidates who have passed B.E. / B. Tech. with atleast 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) marks in aggregate and with valid GATE Score shall be eligible to apply for Post graduate level M.Tech. course.
- 85% Seats will be reserved for the candidates from within the Punjab State and 15% will be open to candidates from outside the State.
- The Eligibility criteria before 85% seats will be that the candidate shall be a resident of Punjab State as per Punjab Government, Department of Personnel or have passed B.Tech. or equivalent examination as regular candidate from recognized institution situated in Punjab, the candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the Principal/Head of Institution last attended in prescribed proforma as given in the Prospectus.
- Admission to M.Tech. course both for 85% Seats for resident of Punjab and 15% seats for outsiders shall be made strictly on the basis of valid GATE score and in case seats haven’t been filled under respective categories, admission shall be considered on the basis of inter se merit in qualifying examination
General Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- Apart from the basic educational qualifications prescribed above, the general eligibility criteria shall be as contained in Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab.
- Children/wards/dependent (whose parent are not alive) of all those regular Punjab Government employees, members of All India Service borne on Punjab cadre, Serving judges and the employees of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, employees of Boards/Corporations/Statutory Bodies established by an Act of the State of Punjab who have been holding post outside Punjab on or before 1st January of the year of entrance test that is on or before January,of the year of entrance test and their children/wards/dependents qualifying examination outside Punjab’
PTU M.Tech Admission 2020 Courses
This PTU M.Tech Admission 2020 Courses is given as per the previous year information. Candidates can have a look upon the courses offered which is given under.
PTU M.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form
The application form of the PTU M.Tech Admission will be made available in the online mode only. Eligible and interested candidates can fill the application form through the official website only which is ptu.ac.in. Candidates should take care of the instructions while applying for the online application form. The candidates have to register first them fill the application form as the correct details provided in the documents. Candidates should have to upload the scanned documents as per the given format. Candidates have to take print out of the application form for future reference.
Counselling Fee is Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable). This is given as per the previous year information.
PTU M.Tech Admission 2020 Reservation
This reservation is given as per the last year information. Candidates are required to check the PTU M.Tech Admission 2020 Reservation from the below:
- The reservation of seats shall be as per Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training which is attached. This communication shall be treated as a part and parcel of this notification, for all purposes, and all the provisions of this notification shall be read along with the contents of the said communication.
- The attention of the applicants desirous of claiming reservation under any category whatsoever is especially drawn to the condition and stipulation that only the certificates that have been produced at time of admission shall be considered. The candidates are accordingly advised, in their own interest, to get the requisite certificates issued well before the date of admission, otherwise, claim for reservation shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are required to claim reservation at the time of registering for online counselling. If no reservation is claimed the candidates shall be treated and considered as a “General Category Candidate”
- The l.K.Gujral Punjab Technical University shall make a provision in the online application form for a candidate to indicate the category, if any, under which he/she is seeking reservation. There shall also be a provision to indicate the sub-category of the category, if any, under which reservation is being sought, so that inter gradation can be facilitated. These sub-categories have been elucidated in Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education and industrial training.
- A candidate shall be eligible to make a claim for reservation in any of the reserved categories. However, the procedure for counselling shall be as per Punjab Government, Welfare Department (Reservation Cell).
- The students shall be liable to pay fee / development fee and other charges as per the rates of fee/ development fee and other charges as fixed by the Government of Punjab / AICTE / Concerned University, from time to time.
- Admissions to the M. Tech. course, both for 85% seats for resident of Punjab and 15% seats for outsiders, shall be made strictly on the basis of GATE scores and in case seats not are being filled under respective categories, eligibility may be considered on the basis of inter merit in qualifying examination.
- Counselling for 85% seats for Punjab residents and 15% outside Punjab candidates shall be taken up simultaneously. However the reserved category candidates shall be considered in general category first before being considered in respective reserved category.
- Any Seats falling vacant after counselling or any drop out vacancy will be filled by the Institute on the criteria of admission under management quota. A seat once accepted shall not be changed. The University will issue a public notice to this effect indicating clearly the number of seats vacant in each reserve category and general category and fill the seats in that very particular category in all rounds of counselling.
- The fee structure for Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin shall be the same as in vogue for NRI candidates. In case a student surrenders his / her seat within 7 days of the end of the online counselling, he / she must submit application to the college and register on PTU website ptuadmissions.nic.in. PTU shall only forward such cases to the concerned colleges / Universities and colleges must refund his / her full fee after deduction of Rs. 1000/- only. This is given as per the previous year information.
Official Website: ptu.ac.in
For more details of PTU M.Tech Admission 2020 – Download Official Notification of the previous year.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.