PTU Admission 2018 in M.Tech – The Governor of Punjab is pleased to appoint the I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical university, Jalandhar as the authority competent to make admission to Post Graduate level M. Tech. courses on the basis of valid GATE score for the academic session 2018 – 2019.
PTU Admission 2018 in M.Tech
The admission shall be made in the colleges affiliated with the universities mentioned below:-
- I.K Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical Univesity, Bathinda
The number of colleges, branches in each college and number of seats will be as given in the letter of approval issued by AICTE for the year 2018-19.
The Governor of Punjab is further pleased to issue the following criteria for making admissions:
Guidelines regarding PTU Admission 2018
Steps to apply online
- Step 1: Fill the Registration Form.
- Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Step 3: Upload Scanned Passport Size Photograph & Scanned Copy of Demand Draft / Fee Slip / Screen Shot of Transaction if Fee paid via Net banking
- Step 4: Lock & Print the Application Form.
Counselling Fee is Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable).
Educational Qualifications and resident Status for Admission
- All those candidates who have passed B.E. / B. Tech. with atleast 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) marks in aggregate and with valid GATE Score shall be eligible to apply for Post graduate level M.Tech. course.
- 85% Seats will be reserved for the candidates from within the Punjab State and 15% will be open to candidates from outside the State.
- The Eligibility criteria before 85% seats will be that the candidate shall be a resident of Punjab State as per Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reform (PP II Branch) letter No 1/3/95- 3PPII/9619 dated 6th June 1996 and letter No. 1/3/95-3PPII/80 dated 1st January,1999 or have passed B.Tech. or equivalent examination as regular candidate from recognized institution situated in Punjab, the candidate would be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the Principal/Head of Institution last attended in prescribed proforma as given in the Prospectus.
- Admission to M.Tech. course both for 85% Seats for resident of Punjab and 15% seats for outsiders shall be made strictly on the basis of valid GATE score and in case seats haven’t been filled under respective categories, admission shall be considered on the basis of inter se merit in qualifying examination
General Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- Apart from the basic educational qualifications prescribed above, the general eligibility criteria shall be as contained in Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab Memo No. 35/44/95-1T(2)/978 dated 21st March, 2003.
- Children/wards/dependent (whose parent are not alive) of all those regular Punjab Government employees, members of All India Service borne on Punjab cadre, Serving judges and the employees of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, employees of Boards/Corporations/Statutory Bodies established by an Act of the State of Punjab who have been holding post outside Punjab on or before 1st January of the year of entrance test that is on or before 1st January,of the year of entrance test and their children/wards/dependents qualilfying examination outside Punjab’
The reservation of seats shall be as per Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training Memo. No. 13/2/05-1TE2/1987 dated 2nd July, 2013, which is attached as Annexure. This communication shall be treated as a part and parcel of this notification, for all purposes, and all the provisions of this notification shall be read along with the contents of the said communication.
The attention of the applicants desirous of claiming reservation under any category whatsoever is especially drawn to the condition and stipulation that only the certificates that have been produced at time of admission shall be considered. The candidates are accordingly advised, in their own interest, to get the requisite certificates issued well before the date of admission, otherwise, claim for reservation shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are required to claim reservation at the time of registering for online counselling. If no reservation is claimed the candidates shall be treated and considered as a “General Category Candidate”
The l.K.Gujral Punjab Technical University shall make a provision in the online application form for a candidate to indicate the category, if any, under which he/she is seeking reservation. There shall also be a provision to indicate the sub-category of the category, if any, under which reservation is being sought, so that inter se gradation can be facilitated. These sub-categories have been elucidated in Punjab Government, Department of Technical Education and fndustrial training Memo No. 13/2/05-1TE211987 dated 2nd July, 2013 which is attached as Annexure. Punjab Government may also set up a Committee to effect inter se gradation of candidates claiming reservation under certain categories, as indicated in the aforesaid memo dated 2nd July, 2013.
A candidate shall be efigible to make a claim for reservation in any of the reseryed categories. However, the procedure for counselling shall be as per Punjab Government, Welfare Department (Reservation Cell) Memo. No. 7/21/2004 – RSI | 1674 – 1677 dated 20th Dec 2004.
The students shall be liable to pay fee / development fee and other charges as per the rates of fee/ development fee and other charges as fixed by the Government of Punjab/AICTE/Concerned University, from time to time.
Admissions to the M. Tech. course, both for 85% seats for resident of Punjab and 15% seats for outsiders, shall be made strictly on the basis of GATE scores and in case seats not are being filled under respective categories, eligibility may be considered on the basis of inter se merit in qualifying examination.
The Management quota shall be as per Punjab Govt. Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training Memo no. 13/129/2003-1TE2/1247 dated 25th April 2008 and partial notification no 13/129/2003-1TE2/1892 dated 20th June 2008 and Partial notification no 13/29/2003-1TE2/171 dated 18th January, 2011.
Counselling for 85% seats for Punjab residents and 15% outside Punjab candidates shall be taken up simultaneously. However the reserved category candidates shall be considered in general category first before being considered in respective reserved category.
Any Seats falling vacant after counselling or any drop out vacancy will be filled by the Institute on the criteria of admission under management quota. A seat once accepted shall not be changed
The University will issue a public notice to this effect indicating clearly the number of seats vacant in each reserve category and general category and fill the seats in that very particular category in all rounds of counselling.
The fee structure for Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin shall be the same as in vogue for NRI candidates.
Nonrefundable counselling fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only) will be collected by the University as counselling fee from each student one time only.
In case a student changes his / her / college / University allotted during centralized counselling conducted by PTU his / her fee shall be refunded by the previous Institution after deduction of Rs. 1000/- only and the original documents will be returned immediately. However in case of up-gradation of seats during subsequent counselling no deduction shall be made.
In case a student surrenders his / her seat within 7 days of the end of the online counselling, he / she must submit application to the college and register on PTU website www.ptuadmissions.nic.in. PTU shall only forward such cases to the concerned colleges / Universities and colleges must refund his / her full fee after deduction of Rs. 1000/- only.
In keeping with the direction of Ministry of Human Recourse Development Department, Govt. of India all Institutions and Universities shall in public interest, maintain a waiting list of students/candidates. In the event of a student/candidate withdrawing before the start of the course, the waiting list candidates should be given admissions against the vacant seat. The entire fees collected from the student, after a deduction of the processing fee of not more than Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) shall be refunded and returned by the Institution/University to the student/candidate withdrawing from the programme. It would not be permissible for institutions and universities to retain the certificates in original. If a student leave after joining the course and if the seat subsequently falling vacant gets filled by another candidate by the last date of admission, the institution must return the fees collected with proportionate deduction of monthly fee and proportionate hostel rent, where applicable.
Official Website: www.ptu.ac.in
For more details of PTU M.Tech Admission 2018 – Download Official Notification.