SOFT Pune CET 2021 – School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) Pune, conducts Common Entrance Test for the candidates who want to take admission in UG, PG, and PG Diploma courses. The exam is conducted at the university level. The candidates who want to apply for UG courses must have passed 10+2 and the candidates who want to apply for PG courses should have completed their Graduation. CET is conducted in the online mode. After the online entrance examination, the candidates are required to appear for Studio Test / Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Check more information about SOFT Pune CET 2021 such as eligibility criteria, application process, result etc.
SOFT Pune CET 2021
The admission in UG, PG, PG Diploma courses is done according to the merit in SOFT CET. Check the important dates regarding SOFT Pune CET 2021 from the table given below.
|SOFT CET 2021||Dates|
|Availability of application form||3rd week of Nov 2020|
|Last date to submit the form||3rd week of Apr 2021|
|Exam date||May 2021|
|Announcement of result||May 2021|
SOFT Pune CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the programs offered at SOFT Pune, the candidates need to match the eligibility requirements specified by the official authority.
For UG Program – B. Design
- The candidates must have passed class 12th in any stream (Commerce / Arts / Science / Home Science / Minimum Competency Vocational Course) from any board including NIOS.
- The candidates must have done full-time diploma of minimum 3 years after 10th class from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) / State Government Technical Education
- NRI and Foreign students must have an equivalent certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
Criteria for Selection – 50% weightage to 12th standard exam + 50% weightage to SOFT CET marks
For PG Program (Affiliated to SNDT Women’s University) and Other PG programmes
- The candidates must have done their Graduation with minimum 50% marks.
For M.Des programme
- The candidates must have done B.Des (4 years) from any UGC recognized university or equivalent in Fashion Design, Fashion Communication, Textile Design, Jewellery Design, Graphic Design etc
- The candidates must have done B.Sc / BFA / BA degree from any UGC recognized university or equivalent in Fashion Design, Fashion Communication, Textile Design, Jewellery Design, Graphic Design etc
- The candidates must have done B.Des from NIFT / NID
Courses Offered via SOFT Pune Admission 2021
The following courses are offered via SOFT Pune.
UG Courses – B.Des
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Jewellery Design
- Fashion Design and Merchandising
SOFT CET 2021 Application Form
Application form releases online at soft.ac.in. If the candidates have to apply for more than one course then they need to fill separate application forms. The application process is given below.
- First of all, registration has to be done
- Next, the candidates have to fill the details in the form
- Then, upload the images
- Next, pay the application fee
- Lastly, submit the scanned copy of the filled-in application form to the official authority
SOFT Pune 2021 Application Fee (Amount as per last year)
|SOFT 2020 Application Form||Fee|
|For B.Des||Rs 3000|
|For Industry Integrated program with International Exposure||Rs 4000|
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid via debit card / credit card / net banking.
Exam Pattern for SOFT CET 2021
The candidates can check the exam pattern for SOFT CET 2021.
- Mode of the exam: The exam is conducted via online mode
- Total marks: The exam is of 60 marks
- Medium of question paper: The question paper is available in English language only
- Duration of the exam: The exam is conducted for 150 minutes
|Quantitative Aptitude||15||15 marks|
|Creative Ability||15||15 marks|
|Analytical Ability||15||15 marks|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||15||15 marks|
|Total||60 questions||60 marks|
SOFT Pune CET 2021 Selection Process
Given below is the selection process for SOFT Pune CET 2021.
- Online examination
- Studio test / Group discussion
- Personal interview
SOFT CET 2021 Merit List / Result
After the declaration of the result, the merit lists are published on the official website. The merit list is released category-wise for the courses. It is released in the pdf format. The candidates whose names appear in the merit list are then, required to take part in other admission processes.
About MKSSS’s School of Fashion Technology
Maharishi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS) School of Fashion Technology, Pune (SOFT) is a premier institute of Fashion Technology that is imparting Fashion education since 1988. SOFT is working from so many years for imparting quality education and career to its students in the following areas:
- Fashion Design Technology
- Textile design
- Sustainable fashion
SOFT is responsible for equipping the minds of the students with creativity, intellect and confidence. In all, it prepares all its students to be ready for their future.
Previous Year SOFT Pune CET Merit List
Check the last year merit list of SOFT Pune CET given below.
- Click here to download Fashion Design Merit List for Open Category
- Click here to download Fashion Design Merit List for OBC Category
- Click here to download Fashion Design Merit List for Reserved Category
- Click here to download Fashion Communication Merit List for Open Category
- Click here to download Fashion Communication Merit List for OBC Category
- Click here to download Textile Design Merit List for Open Category
- Click here to download Textile Design Merit List for Reserved Category
- Click here to download Jewellery Design Merit List for Open Category
FAQs for SOFT Pune CET 2021
Ans. SOFT Pune CET is conducted via online mode only.
Ans. The candidates are required to first qualify the online test, then studio test and then, the personal interview.
Ans. SOFT Pune CET 2021 merit list can be checked at soft.ac.in.
Ans. For UG courses, the candidates must have completed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.