The world of design is enormous, appealing and full of color! From PR to photography and merchandising to design, whatever area of the design industry you choose to specialize in. A Design Management degree could be the key to a huge array of exciting career options and successful careers. The Design Village (TDV) Entrance examination 2018 cycle 2 will be conducted by The Design Village, Noida. TDV offers programs in both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels. The TDV Entrance Examination 2018 for B.Des and M.Des programs will be conducted on April 28 and March 27 , 2018 respectively. The applications will be open soon. TDV Entrance Examination 2018 for both B.Des and M.Des programs was different. For B.Des there is a written entrance examination of two hours following a situation test and interviews of the qualifying applicants. Whereas, for admission to M. Des program there is an entrance interview along with a portfolio review at various examination centres of TDV Entrance Examination 2018.
The Design Village (TDV), Noida was ideated to bring the multidisciplinary design discipline under a single umbrella. It was initiated with an aim to nurture the budding designers and design enthusiasts in collaborative, industry centric-ecosystem and bring a significant and progressive change in the society through design.
The Design Village Entrance Exam 2018
All Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs at TDV have been developed and validated by l’école de design nantes atlantique. The Design Village serves as one of the two Asia campuses (Shanghai and Delhi) for l’école. Supported by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Nantes, l’école is a private institution for higher education dedicated to designing professions in France. Founded in 1988 and recognized by the state, the school is a non-profit organization member of the conférence des grandes écoles (top-tier french higher education institutions). L’écoleis ranked 2nd in France in a national ranking of schools preferred by professionals.
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|Last date to receive admit cards||To be announced|
|Examination Dates||27 Mar 2018 – M.Des
28 Apr 2018 – B.Des
|Result||To be announced|
|Start of the academic year||Mid July|
The results for The Design Village Entrance Examination 2018 cycle 1 for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs has been announced at the official website. Candidates who appeared in the entrance exam can check their results of the TDV Entrance Examination 2018 for B.Des programs (written) at the “Result” page. Applicants qualifying in the first round will be called for an interview. Then the final result for Undergraduate Programs will be announced. In case of Postgraduate programs, there is only one result which will be declared after the Interview and Portfolio review.
There are different eligibility criteria for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. Candidates taking the TDV Entrance Exam 2018 for B.Des (Undergraduate) has to qualify 10+2 examinations or its equivalent exam. Likewise, Applicants who are applying for M.Des (Postgraduate) program has to have a degree or equivalent in disciplines like- creative industries, humanities and social sciences.
For Undergraduate programs:
Stage 1- TDV Entrance examination 2018 conducted at centres
Stage 2- Situation Test followed by interview portfolio review
Stage 3- Declaration of results
For Postgraduate Programs:
Stage 1- Statement of purpose as stated in the application form
Stage 2- Interview with portfolio review
Stage 3- Declaration of results
The invitation for registration for The Design Village Entrance Examination 2018 cycle 2 will soon be announced. The application forms will be available online. Interested candidates can visit the official website of TDV for applying online. The last date to apply online for TDV Entrance Examination 2018 cycle 2 has not been announced yet.
Note: Incomplete applications/applications submitted without relevant supporting documents/late submission will be rejected.
The applicants have to apply for the B.Des programs in TDV to appear for TDV Entrance Examination 2018. The entrance examination is not applicable to Postgraduate programs. So, no admit card will be issued for the M.Des programs. Downloading of Admit card will be available soon.
Merit and need based scholarship of up to 50% tuition fee may be awarded to eligible students, on the basis of:
- Performance in TDV Entrance Examination 2018, situation test and interview.
- Statement of Purpose (For Postgraduate only)
- Annual gross parental/family income from all sources- maximum of Rs. 4,50,000 (as per Govt. of India notification)
- Special cases like wards of single parents
- In case of a tie, performance in their 10th and 12th boards examination shall be considered as well
Documents Required for Scholarship
- Self-attested copy of 10th class marksheet
- Self-attested copy of 12th class marksheet (if available)
- Self-attested copy of graduation degree (if applicable)
- Attested copy of graduation marksheet (if applicable)
- Attested copy of the proof of permanent address
- Proof of parental income
- Two letters of recommendation from professor, employer or teacher (only for PG)
- The design village reserves the right for award of scholarships. the decision of the scholarship award committee shall be final & binding.
- The scholarships shall be awarded for one year and shall be only continued for subsequent years, provided that the student submits a fresh application each year and fulfils the income criteria along with academic performance (that shall be notified from time to time).
Official Website: www.thedesignvillage.org.