WLCI conducts All Indian Common Entrance Test (AICET) for admission in Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in Fashion Technology, Advertising & Graphic Design and Media & Mass Communication courses every year. Selection of Candidates is done on the basis of their performance in Written Examination followed by an interview process. Check all valuable details like application form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit card and result from the article below.
Candidates seeking admission in UG and PG programmes in various courses have to apply online on or before the last date. Those who fill their application and submit application form can download their admit card online as scheduled date. All eligible candidates have to appear for a written entrance examination followed by Personal interview.
|WLCI AICET 2019||Third week of January 2019|
For UG Programmes
- The +2 level examinations in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. or
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB). or
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system. or
- A passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects. or
- 3 or 4 years Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
For PG Programmes
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institution / University recognized in India. or
- Advanced Diploma in Fashion Technology /Advertising and Graphic Design / Media Production from WLCI.
- Diploma of at least 3 years duration in Fashion/Advertising & Graphic Design/Media/ Mass Communications from any other Institution/ College
For Master Degree Programmes
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institution / University recognized in India
Based on the choice, all eligible candidates have to appear for a written entrance examination at the Examination Centre opted for them. The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the programme opted.
There is no negative marking. Entry to the Examination Centre is allowed with admit cards only. Mobiles and other infotech gadgets are not allowed inside the Examination Centre. Candidates found with mobile or other infotech gadgets will be asked to leave the examination center and shall be disqualified. Candidates should reach the examination center at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
General Ability Test (GAT) which will comprise of various sections as given below:
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability
- Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The number of questions may vary in each section year to year.
|Sections||No. of Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25|
Language of Written Test – English
Duration – 60 Minutes (expected)
Creative Ability Test (CAT): This test is administered to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of color and illustration skills. For students applying for Media & Mass Communication programme, verbal and written communication skills will be assessed.
Candidates is evaluated on the various parameters as listed below by a panel, in the Personal Interview:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking
Documents Required for WLCI Counselling
The following documents along with the photocopies shall be required for Admission after qualifying the entrance examination. The original certificates, except the medical certificate, will be returned to the candidate after verification.
- Original certificates of qualifying examination i.e. 12th class/degree (Marks Sheet and Certificate).
- In case the candidate appeared for qualifying exam/ compartment (of final year/semester) and the result is due, the date sheet /admit card for examination has to be brought.
- Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee as per the fee schedule in favor of “WLC College (India) Ltd” has to be bought.
- Proof of date of birth (Secondary School Mark Sheet & Certificate) (Original and Photocopy).
- SC/ST/OBC – Non-Creamy/Physically Handicapped (supported with requisite Certificate).
- Certificate of Medical Fitness to be signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- for seeking provisional admission only in case, the result of qualifying examination is yet to be declared.
- An undertaking regarding Anti-Ragging.
- An undertaking regarding refund of fee.
Reservation of Seats
The seats reserved for SC / ST / Differently Abled Candidates (PHP) / Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI, in each programme are as under:
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
- OBC (Non Creamy) – 15%
- Differently Abled Persons – 5%
- Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NR – 10% (supernumerary)
- State Domicile – 10% (supernumerary)
category once filled up in the application form will not be changed at any stage. The qualifying candidates need to meet the eligibility and admission requirements of WLCI.
Official website: www.admissions.wlci.in