KCET Application Form 2016 or the Karnataka CET 2016 Application Form is issued by KEA. Application form of KCET 2016 at kea.kar.nic.in can be filled and submitted by eligible candidates in online mode. To apply for Karnataka Common Entrance Test, enter correct details in the form, upload documents and pay requisite application fee. After form submission get the admit card as per schedule.
|Important event related to KCET Application Form||Dates|
|Availability of application form of KCET 2016||13 Jan 2016|
|End of form submission for Karnataka CET 2016||13 Feb 2016|
|Last date to pay the fees in the bank||15 Feb 2016|
|Download admit card||15 Apr 2016|
KCET Application Form 2016
Students who fulfill eligibility conditions of the KEA CET 2016 can fill and submit the Karnataka CET 2016 application form. Be careful while entering details in the form as they will be verified at later stages with official documents, and during verification if discrepancy is found, candidature may be cancelled. Here, you can read some important details such as how to apply, fees, documents required for KCET application form 2016.
KCET Application Form 2016 is now available.
Documents required: Photograph, signature, thumb impression. Keep your SSC (class 10) or equivalent marks-sheet handy. You will need to enter name, date of birth and other details as per this document during registration.
Mode of application: Application form of Karnataka CET is issued online at kea.kar.nic.in.
The entire online application process is in two phases.
- In the first phase candidates will fill the details and can edit the data any number of times and can take the draft printouts before selecting the declaration. Before commencing the second phase, candidates can edit / delete / add any information any number of times.
- In the second phase the candidates have to select the declaration after confirming themselves that there are no changes to be incorporated or all the entries made by them in the online application are correct.
There is no provision to change / edit / delete / add any information to the entries already made by the candidates.
After declaration candidates have select the specified banks from the list and download the challan for making the payment at the respective bank. After completion of all the process the candidates are required to take a final print out of the online application form for further process at the time of online seat allotment.
Exact fees to apply for KCET 2016 will be known once the notification is released. The application fee of last year’s Karnataka CET was as follows.
|General and OBC||Rs 650|
|SC and ST||Rs 500|
|Residing outside Karnataka||Rs 750|
Books recommended for KCET
|16 Years’ Solved Papers Karnataka CET Engineering Entrance||Buy Online|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers Karnataka CET Medical Entrance||Buy Online|
|Chemistry for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Physics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Mathematics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Biology for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Objective Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics – Chapter-wise MCQ||Buy Online|
|Objective Physics, Chemistry, Biology – Chapter-wise MCQ||Buy Online|
Important points regarding KCET Application Form 2016
- Merit based admissions in Karnataka Government engineering, medical, dental, health sciences, bachelor of sciences colleges is done on the basis of KCET Common Entrance Test for which Karnataka CET 2016 Application Form will be released.
- More than 50,000 seats are offered against which, like every year, thousands and probably lakhs of candidates are expected to fill the KCET application form 2016.
- Details to be filled in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2016 Application Form include student information, study details, documents upload, declaration, fee payment. A period of more than a month is generally given to complete the process and thus it should be done cautiously.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that he / she is eligible for the programme before filling up the KCET 2016 Application Form.
- While filling up the form you can refer to official documents so that there is no error in the Karnataka CET Application Form 2016, such as date of birth, roll number, spellings of name and address.
After submission of application form of Karnataka CET 2016
If you want to appear for Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2016, then submitting the application form and paying fees is the first step towards completing pre-examination formalities. Having submitted the form, focus should be on preparing effectively for the examination for one of the programmes you have applied:
- Naturopathy & Yoga,
- Engineering and Technology,
- Farm Science courses i.e, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc (Forestry), B.Sc. Agri Bio Tech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op) ,
Candidates must retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence. (i) At least three printouts of the finally submitted online Application. (ii) Proof of fee paid (iii) 2-3 copies of identical Photograph that scanned and uploaded on the Online Application
KCET 2016 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
While preparing for KCET, you will also have to keep an eye out to download the admit card / hall ticket. The hall ticket is an officially generated document that contains unique details of the candidate and also his / her examination center that is assigned by KEA, exam date and time. It is important to download and print the admit card / hall ticket of Karnataka CET 2016 (obtain in mode prescribed by KEA) and carry it to the exam hall on the day of exam.
Avoid errors in the KCET Application Form 2016
Here is a simple guide on how to avoid errors in the KCET 2016 application form and also to keep your account safe.
During registration you will be asked to create a user ID, password, and a secret question.
- Create your own user ID of 6 to 16 characters.
- Create your own password of 8 to 20 characters. Try to use at least one alphabet, one number, one special character.
- Select a secret question and answer the same and remember the answer entered. This will be helpful in case you forget other details.
Keep SSLC / class 10 Marks Card handy: You can fill the following details using the class 10th marks card.
- Candidate name,
- Father’s name,
- Mother’s name,
- Date of birth.
Email ID: Enter correct email ID, one you can easily access any time and no one else has the access to it. Someone may be able to change your form or tamper with your credentials if they can login to the email ID, so please use such an email ID which is safe and secure.
Reservation: If you are claiming for any quota or reservation, before ticking that field, make sure you have certificate claiming the quota / reservation. Even if you do not have the certificate or required documents at the moment, you should ensure that you can get it before the time is required in physical form.
How to fill KCET Application Form 2016? – Explained
Exact step by step details of filling the Karnataka CET Application Form is given here. These steps are given here for your reference so that you can get an idea of how the form filling process is done.
Step 1 – Registration for Karnataka CET application form
Candidate has to visit the website http://kea.kar.nic.in. In the home page of the KEA website click on the link “CET-2016 Online Application”. The candidate will be directed to CET-2016 Online Application home page.
The HOME Page comprises of
- How to Apply
- Sample Application
- Contact Us
- New User– > Click here to Register
- Calendar of Events.
- After clicking on New User ? Click Here to Register, the User/Candidate will directed to the Page shown below.
- Instructions mentioned in this page are must to be read by User/Candidate before proceeding to apply Online.
- Candidates who are appearing Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2016 needs to click on radio button Yes and he need to enter his Student Number and click on Submit button for the candidate’s basic data from our server. Anyhow candidate may edit this information if there are any corrections in the data displayed in the form.
- Click on No button if you are appearing other than Karnataka PU Board Examination like (CBSC or ICSC).
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- Enter the Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name and Date of Birth as it is in SSLC/10th Marks card.
- User Id: Create your own User-Id which should contain minimum of 6 characters and maximum of 16 characters.
- Password: Create your own password. Password should contain minimum of 8 and maximum of 20 characters, with at least 1 letter of English alphabet, 1 number and 1 special character. Password minimum length should be 8 characters and maximum is 20 characters.
- Please make a note of User Id and the Password created at the time of registration for future logins and filling up and editing of online application.
- Enter valid contact Mobile phone number in the Registration form, to receive SMS alerts related to ongoing CET-2016 process.
- Select a secret question and answer the same and remember the answer entered. This will be helpful in case if the candidate forgets the password.
- After successful registration, the candidate will get a “Registration Successful” message with User Id and Application number to his/her Mobile number provided during registration.
- Candidates are required to make a note of their User Id and Application number for further CET process
Log In Form
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an Application number and User-ID to their registered mobile phone number and email-id and same will be displayed on the screen.
- To login, please enter user-id, password and security code. After successful login, candidate can fill up the details in Application form
- If the candidate/user forgets the Password, by clicking the Forgot Password? Link he/she can create a new Password by entering the following details User Id, Application Number, Secret Question, answer and enter the security code and finally click on submit.
- Then the user/candidate will be directed to a new window “Create Password”. Enter User-Id, Application number, New password, enter the new password in the confirm new password field. Finally click on Change password button.
- Once the user/candidate clicks Change Password the password will be changed as per user/candidate’s given credential and can Log In with his/her New Password.
Main Application Form
- Once the user/candidate has entered Login credentials, he/she will be directed to the filling of online application from for entering the details.
- In this form, there are tabs namely Student Information, Study Details, Photo & Signature Upload, Declaration, Challan, Payment status, Save as draft and Print Application.
- Before logging out user/candidate has to click on “save as draft” button without fail. Whenever, user/candidate logs in again, the previously entered and saved data will be available.
- In the Classes Studied column the candidate has to enter which year he/she has studied.
- In the Year of study from column the candidate has to enter the year of study.
- In the Year of study from column the candidate has to enter the year of passing.
- In the Year of Passing column the candidate has to mention the Year of Passing.
- After making the entries click on Save button, the entries made will be automatically saved.
After making the entries click on Save button, that particular details will be saved as shown in below figure. After Entering all years details Click on Save & Next
Photo and Signature
- Before clicking on submit button in declaration tab, please read the instructions given in the how to apply carefully and make sure that all the details entered are correct to the belief and knowledge of user/candidate.
- If the user/candidate is willing to make any changes in his/her application, he/she is advised to do so before declaration. No modification is allowed in the application after Declaration.
- If the user/candidate is sure about the details entered by him/her is correct and feels no changes are required, and then he/she can select the Check box and click on the Submit button. This will be the final submission.
After clicking on the Submit button, in the Declaration candidate will be directed to the Challan tab where he/she can download the Challan by selecting the bank.
- Candidate can change password if necessary by filling up the User Id, Application Number and Old Password.
- He/She can create a New Password and that New Password can be used for future Logins.
- Candidate can download the printout of the application at any stage of the filling of online application.
If you have any queries regarding KCET application form 2016, please ask in comments below.