Which are the best books to prepare for CAT 2022? If you have embarked upon the journey to bell the elusive CAT (exam), then you need to lay your hands on nothing less than the best of the best books! To help you pave your way towards a successful CAT exam – 2022 or perhaps 2023, we are here to tell you the best books.
Best Books for CAT Preparation 2022
But before we give you the exact list of books to prepare for your CAT 2022 exam, know these:
- The CAT exam will have three sections – Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability.
- Each section will be equally important for you to score. And you will need specific CAT exam books for each section.
- Depending on your current knowledge pool, you may need to devote more time and study more books of CAT in some sections over the other.
- And finally, IIMs have neither set any specific syllabus for the CAT exam, nor provided any “official book list”. However the Common Admission Test has been conducted for more than a decade and half, and educators have analysed past papers to boil down to some sort of a syllabus. The best CAT preparation books provide you both theoretical aspects to study the topics as well as a good question bank of MCQs to prepare.
Best Books To Prepare Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT 2022
The following are must-have books to prepare VARC section:
|1||How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|2||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Nishit K Sinha|
In addition to the above, you can also study and practice the following
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Best Books To Prepare Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for CAT 2022
The most important books to prepare DILR section for CAT exam are the following:
|1||How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma|
|2||Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation by Nishit Sinha|
Additional books to use, when you are done with the above, are the following. Note that DILR is the most tricky part of CAT. If you can ace this, you will be ahead the race already.
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
- CAT Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning by Gautam Puri
Best Books To Prepare Quantitative Ability for CAT 2022
When it comes to Quant, students with a technical background already have an edge over the others. However, that does not mean one does not have to practice at all. Scoring in CAT means to have strong basics, and be quick and intelligent in all aspects. Hence, it is equally important that you pick the right books for quant for your CAT 2022 exam. And if you are from a non technical background, then spend a little more time to sharpen your skills in this section.
The most important books to have with you are the following:
|1||How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit Sinha|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude Quantum by Sarvesh Kumar|
There will be no end to preparing Quant for CAT. And there are a lot many more books available in the market for it. Toppers, teachers prescribe the following books also. You should decide which ones to take depending on your current SWOT analysis of the quant section.
- Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal
All in one Books for CAT 2022 Exam with PYQPs, Mock Tests, Sample Papers
There are some books in the market that provide previous year question papers, mock tests, sample papers and other such prep guides. Here are some such books for you to get.
|1||CAT 2022 : 32 Years’ Topic-Wise & Year-Wise Solved Papers by Gautam Puri|
|2||CAT 2022 : Booster Test Series – 15 Mock Tests (Questions, Answers & Explanations) by GKP|
|3||1500 VOCABULARY FLASH CARDS for GRE GMAT TOEFL SAT IELTS CAT|
Was this helpful? Leave a comment to let us know what other books you would like us to tell you about.
If you have any questions on CAT 2022 preparation books, then let us know in comments below.
More on CAT 2022:
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.