CBPBU Admission 2020: The admission procedure of Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University will starts from the month of June 2020 for UG and PG courses. The first step for the aspirants is to fill the application form online on the official website cbpbu.ac.in. It is advised to read the instruction carefully before submitting the application form online. Candidates can check the complete information of CBPBU Admission 2020 for all the courses like eligibility criteria and other information on this page..
CBPBU Admission 2020
Whenever a student is admitted to a College or the University for the first time, he/she shall forward to the Registrar with an application for registration as a student of the University unless his name has already been registered. Every such application shall be submitted within one month of the date of admission of the student to the College or the University.
Online admission into different undergraduate courses (B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com/B.B.A/B.B.M Honours & Program [General]) for the academic session 2020-2021 will be done as per the following schedule: Candidates can check the dates scheduled for the admission in different courses from the tables given below.
For UG courses
|Online Admission Registration starts||First week of Jun 2020|
|Online Admission Registration closed||Second week of Jun 2020|
|Publication Merit List for Honours and Program (General) Course.||Second week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of Final Merit List for Honours and Program (General) Course.||Third week of Jun 2020|
For PG Courses
|Online Admission Registration starts||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Online Admission Registration closed||Second week of Jul 2020|
|Courses||Last date to apply|
|MA (Hons) Bengali||To be announced!|
|MA (Hons) Hindi||To be announced!|
|MA (Hons) English||To be announced!|
|MA (Hons) History||To be announced!|
|MA (Hons) Philosophy||To be announced!|
|MA (Hons) Sanskrit||To be announced!|
|MA (Hons) Political Science||To be announced!|
|MA (Hons) Education||To be announced!|
|M.Sc. (Hons) Physics||To be announced!|
|M.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry||To be announced!|
|M.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics||To be announced!|
|M.Sc. (Hons) Zoology||To be announced!|
|MA (Hons) Geography||To be announced!|
|M.Com||To be announced!|
|LLM||To be announced!|
For Ph.D. / M.PHIL Courses
|Courses||Last date to apply||Exam Date|
|M.Phil. /Ph.D. in Bengali||Third week of Feb 2020||Second week of Mar 2020|
|M.Phil. /Ph.D. in Chemistry||Third week of Feb 2020||Second week of Mar 2020|
|M.Phil. /Ph.D. in English||Third week of Feb 2020||Last week of Feb 2020|
|M.Phil. /Ph.D. in History||Third week of Feb 2020||Last week of Feb 2020|
|M.Phil. /Ph.D. in Law||Third week of Feb 2020||Second week of Mar 2020|
|M.Phil. /Ph.D. in Zoology||Third week of Feb 2020||Second week of Mar 2020|
Before filling the application for the same, candidates must ensure that they are fulfilling the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the University. Candidates must go through the pointers given below to know the criteria.
For UG courses
- Students who have passed H.S, or equivalent examinations in 2017, 2018 & 2019 are only eligible to apply
- Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (W.B.C.H.S.E.) or any other equivalent examination conducted by the I.S.C. or C.B.S.E. or any other Board and passed in at least four subjects with English as Compulsory Subject, excluding Environmental Studies/Environmental Education.
- 55% or 50% marks in the aggregate with 60% marks in the subject in the qualifying examinations shall be eligible to apply for admission to Honours in the subject concerned in general categories.
- However, the above criterion reduces to 50% marks in the aggregate or 45% marks in the aggregate with 60% marks in the subject in the qualifying examinations shall be eligible to apply for admission to Honours in the subject concerned in SC/ST categories.
- For all laboratory-based subjects, the student must have passed in that subject at 10+2 level, if that subject exists in the HS subjects list, or equivalent subject if it does not exist in the HS list of subjects, as per existing NBU admission guidelines.
For Ph.D. / M.Phil
- Persons working in Govt./Semi-Govt./Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. A No Objection Certificate from the present employer shall be attached.
- Proof of belonging to SC or ST or OBC-A or OBC-B [of the State of West Bengal] or Person with Disability (PwD) must be submitted along with filled-in Application Form and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterward.
The seat intake differs according to the course type. Here, we have categorized the seats as per the course and categories.
For UG courses
Intake of students in General and Honours courses shall not exceed the specified number as approved by the Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University from time to time. In case of any violation, the University shall take appropriate action as deemed fit. Registrations, of all students who have been admitted, exceeding the approved intake of the University shall be automatically cancelled in order of their dates of admission to the respective Colleges.
For PG courses
For Ph.D. Or M.Phil courses
The seat reservation varies as per the course and category of the candidate. For the courses such as B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Com. (Honours and General), the categories such as SC / ST / OBC and persons with disabilities are to be maintained as per the relevant G.O.’s. For the admission to such courses, candidates should have given concerned examinations and secured qualifying marks which are not lower by more than 25% from the marks obtained, by the last candidate of the general category. The candidates included in the general merit list will not be counted towards these reserved quotas.
The provisions of this Act is not applied for:
- OBC-A and OBC-B students the to creamy layer of the Society,
- A minority Educational Institution based on religion or language,
For more details on CBPBU Admission 2020 (UG Programme) – Download Information Brochure 2019 for reference purpose.