Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University has released official notification regarding the schedule for Online Admission to and commencement of 1st Semester General and Honours Course and Self Financed Course for the Academic Session of 2018 – 2019. Candidates are advised must read the instruction carefully before submitting the application form online. Candidates can check the complete information of CBPBU Admission 2018 (UG) like application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
CBPBU Admission 2018 for Under Graduates
Whenever a student is admitted to a College or the University for the first time he shall forward to the Registrar through the Principal an application for registration as a student of the University unless his name has already been so registered. Every such application shall be submitted within one month of the date of admission of the student to the College or the University.
Schedule for the CBPBU Admission 2018 is given below.
Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (W.B.C.H.S.E.) after a period of 12 years study or any other equivalent (10+2) pattern examination conducted by the I.S.C. or C.B.S.E. or any other Board recognized as equivalent by the Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University, provided the student has passed in at least four subjects with English as Compulsory Subject, excluding Environmental Studies/Environmental Education. Those students who have obtained either:
55% marks in the aggregate or 50% marks in the aggregate with 60% marks in the subject in the qualifying examinations shall be eligible to apply for admission to Honours in the subject concerned in general categories.
However, the above criterion reduces to 50% marks in the aggregate or 45% marks in the aggregate with 60% marks in the subject in the qualifying examinations shall be eligible to apply for admission to Honours in the subject concerned in SC/ST categories.
For all laboratory-based subjects, the student must have passed in that subject at 10+2 level, if that subject exists in the HS subjects list, or equivalent subject if it does not exist in the HS list of subjects, as per existing NBU admission guidelines.
Reservation of Seats for admission into B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Com. (Honours and General) Courses for SC / ST / OBC and persons with disabilities are to be maintained as per the relevant G.O.’s. (3% Reservation of Seats for persons with disabilities vide G.O. No. ED-340/2012 Dt. Kolkata, the 4th July, 2012).
As per G.O. No. WB(part – i)/98/SAR-354 dated Tuesday, September, 1995 order and notifications by the Governor of West Bengal I Government of West Bengal Schedule caste and Tribes welfare Department, Writers Building, Calcutta – 1 “For admission to the Course B.A. (Hons.) B.Sc. (Hons.), B.Com. (Hons.) SC or ST candidates getting admission should have in the previous examinations qualifying marks which are not lower by more than 25% from the marks obtained, by the last candidate of the general category. The candidates included in the general merit list will not be counted towards these reserved quotas.”
The provisions of this Act (Reservation in Admission) shall not apply to:
- OBC-A and OBC-B students to creamy layer of the Society,
- A minority Educational Institution based on religion or language,
- Intake (in the number) of students in General and Honours courses shall not exceed the specified number as approved by the Cooch Behar Panchanan Barma University from time to time. In case of any violation, the University shall take appropriate action as deemed fit. Registrations, of all students who have been admitted, exceeding the approved intake of the University shall be automatically canceled in order of their dates of admission to the respective Colleges.
- No Admission shall take place after expiry of the Last date of Admission as per this notification.
Registration of all candidates who have been admitted after expiry of the last date of admission shall be automatically cancelled. Requests for extension of the Last date of Admission after the expiry date shall not be entertained by the University under any circumstances.
- A student may be admitted to B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. three years Degree Course (Honours / General) after passing the Higher Secondary Examination in the general stream conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education in (10 + 2) pattern after a period of 12 years of study or examinations conducted by Indian School Certificate (ISC) or Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any Other Board recognized as equivalent by the University provided he/she has passed in at least four subjects with English as Compulsory Subject, excluding Environmental Studies/Environmental Science / Environmental Education.