Gour Banga University Admission 2019: The admission process of Gour Banga University for the academic year 2019 shall commence from the last week of July 2019. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks secured in the Honours or equivalent examination done from a recognized University. To proceed further for the admission in the Gour Banga University, candidates first have to fill the application form which will be released on the official website ugb.ac.in. The University would release the merit list in which the names of the selected candidates would be mentioned and then called for the counselling. To know more about Gour Banga University Admission 2019, candidates can read the article written below.
Gour Banga University PG Admission 2019
The University of Gour Banga would issue the notification for admission into various PG courses for the academic year 2019-20 on its official website. Selection will be made strictly on merit on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in Honours/major subject/course. Until then, candidates can check the contemplated schedule given below to get to know the important events regarding the Gour Banga University PG Admission 2019.
|Online Application for PG starts in ugbonline.in||Last week of Jul 2019|
|Last Date for Online Form filling of PG courses||3rd week of Aug 2019|
|Last Date of Offline Payment||3rd week of Aug 2019|
|1 st Counselling and Provisional Admission (Online)||1st week of Sep 2019|
|Date of Online Payment||1st week of Sep 2019|
|Date of Offline Payment and Paid Challan Uploading||1st week of Sep 2019|
|Commencement of Classes||3rd week of Sep 2019|
The University offers the following courses to the appearing candidates. Candidates have to choose one course among the others while filling the application form.
- M.A. (2 Years – 4 Sem) in various discipline
- M.Com. (2 Years – 4 Sem) in commerce
- M.Sc. (2 Years – 4 Sem) in various discipline
- Master in Law
Candidate Must have done Honours in the respective subjects. Candidates who graduated with Honours from a recognized University under (10+2+3) system or equivalent examination are eligible for admission.
The University of Gour Banga releases the application form for the admission in various PG courses on its official website. In the application form, candidates have to fill the details such as personal and communication information, educational qualification and many more. Before applying for the same, make sure that you are eligible enough as per the University’s guidelines.
After the fee payment, it is mandatory for the appearing candidates to have to produce the receipt book to the University Office on the same day for confirmation of the provisional Roll Number. If the required confirmation would not be done then the admission may be cancelled by the University. The candidates who will be shortlisted for Malda College (PG Department) and Balurghat College (PG Department), they have to reposrt and book their seats within 3 working days.
For online payment by credit card/Debit card/Bank transfer, the respective TDR charges are applicable.
- UR/OBC-A/OBC-B – Rs. 400 + Rs. 46 (Bank charges (For Offline challan of UBI)
- Reserved – Rs. 150 + Rs. 46 (Bank charges (For Offline challan of UBI)
After the closing of the online registration, the University releases a separate merit list for the candidates who are shortlisted to attend further rounds. Meanwhile, the University also releases a rejection list in which the names of those candidates are mentioned who are not eligible or apt for the selection. The merit list will be made on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in their Honours or equivalent examination. Seats will be reserved for SC (22%), ST (6%), OBC: Category-A (10%) and Category-B (7%) and Physically Handicapped / Challenged (3%) candidates.
As per the last year trends, the University releases two merit list, first one is Provisional in which if any candidate is not satisfied with the ranking and or wrong marks have been calculated then he / she can register the complaint about the same. After considering all the issues, if necessary changes are required then the University releases the final merit list. Afterward, no complaint will be entertained further.
The below table is as per the last year trends. Some seats are reserved for SC, ST, OBC and Physically challenged candidates.
Reservation of Seats for Admission
Candidates must go through the pointer below to know the University of Gour Banga’s reservation criteria. These guidelines are based as per the previous year trends.
- 60:40 be maintained respectively for the Home University students only & open for both the home & other university students.
- Students passed out in 2016 & 2017 may be allowed for admission on the basis of merit subject to deduction of 5% of marks for each year. Those who have passed their honours on or before 2015 will not be eligible for application.
- Reservation ratio: (SC 22%, ST 6%, OBC-A 10%, OBC-B 7% & PH/PC 3%) be strictly maintained as per Govt. rules
- Selection will be made strictly on merit on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in Honours/major subject/course.
Here, we have enlisted some general instructions for the appearing candidates to avoid any future hassles. Candidates can check out these instructions to proceed as per the University’s guidelines.
- The students shall have to submit the duly filled in form for Identity Card along with two stamp size colored photographs to the University Office on the date to be notified separately.
- Admission shall be treated as cancelled if a student fails to attend 50% of classes during the first fifteen teaching days from the commencement of classes.
- Every student shall be strictly bound by the University Act, Statues, Ordinances, Rules and regulations for the prosecution of the respective course.
- As per UGC rules, a student shall have to attend at least 75% (Seventy Five) of the Classes and tutorials held in a Semester for appearing in the Semester-end Examination.
- Affidavits are to be made by the student and by his/her parent/guardian for Anti Ragging declaration.
The below fee structure is being constructed on the basis of the last year trends. We will update the new structure as soon as it will be released by the University officially.
|UGB (Main Campus) per Semester|
|Rs. 3,000.00 for OTHER University and
Rs. 2,800.00 for HOME University
|Rs. 2,000.00 for OTHER University and
Rs. 1,800.00 for HOME University
About the University
The University is situated at the outskirt of the English Bazar Municipality (Malda) on an area of land measuring 30.51 acres. All the colleges of the districts of North Dinajpur, South Dinajpur and Malda except Islampur College and Raiganj University College are under the preview of University of Gour Banga, Malda. Currently, there are 50 affiliated Colleges out of which 25 General Degree Colleges, providing B.A. /B.Sc. /B.Com. / B.C.A. courses, 25 Colleges for B.Ed. course and one college offering five years integrated L.L.B. course. The total student strength of the affiliated General Degree Colleges at present stands 1,25,000 approximately.
Official Website: www.ugbonlineadmission.org
For more details of Gour Banga University PG Admission 2019 – candidates can refer to the previous year’s Information Brochure.