Gour Banga University Admission 2019: The admission process of Gour Banga University for the academic year 2019 for UG level course commence from June 03, 2019 and PG course has been commenece from July 19, 2019. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks secured in the Honours or equivalent examination done from a recognized University. To proceed further for the admission in the Gour Banga University, candidates first have to fill the online application form. Commencement of application form for Gour Banga University Admission 2019 is scheduled to be held from July 19, 2019 at the official website ugb.ac.in. Eligible candidates are able to fill the Gour Banga University Application Form 2019 till August 02, 2019. After that, no application will be entertained by the conducting authority. The University would release the merit list in which the names of the selected candidates would be mentioned and then called for the counselling. To know more about Gour Banga University Admission 2019, candidates can read the article written below.
Gour Banga University Admission 2019
The University of Gour Banga has issued the notification for admission into various UG and PG courses for the academic year 2019-20 on its official website. Selection will be made strictly on merit on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in Honours/major subject/course. Until then, candidates can check the contemplated schedule given below to get to know the important events regarding the Gour Banga University PG Admission 2019.
|Online Application for UG starts in ugbonline.in||03 Jun 2019|
|Last Date for Online Form filling of UG Courses||17 Jun 2019|
|Last Date of Offline Payment||18 Jun 2019|
|Publication of Merit list||21 Jun 2019|
|Admission Started||24 Jun 2019|
|Closing date of Online Admission procedure||10 Jul 2019|
|Commencement of Classes||11 Jul 2019|
|Starting of Online Application Form Fill up||19 Jul 2019|
|Closing Date of Online Form Fill up||02 Aug 2019|
|Last Date of offline Payment of fees & Upload||03 Aug 2019|
|Publication of 1st merit list UGB (60%) Reserved category and Physiology||28 Aug 2019 After 3 P.M.|
|Admission starts of 1st merit list UGB (60%) Reserved category and Physiology||28 Aug 2019 After 3 P.M.|
|Admission Ends of 1st merit list UGB (60%) Reserved category and Physiology||29 Aug 2019 to 11:50 P.M|
|Last date of challan payment for offline payment||29 Aug 2019|
|Challan upload ends (For offline payment only)||29 Aug 2019 to 11:50 P.M|
|Publication of 2nd merit list UGB (60%) Reserved category and Physiology||30 Aug 2019 3:00 PM|
|Admission starts of 2nd merit list UGB (60%) Reserved category and Physiology||30 Aug 2019 3:00 PM|
|Admission Ends of 2nd merit list UGB (60%) Reserved category and Physiology||31 Aug 2019 to 11:50 P.M|
|Last date of challan payment for offline payment||31 Aug 2019|
|Challan upload ends (For offline payment only)||31 Aug 2019 to 11:50 P.M|
|Physical Verification of documents||17 Sep 2019 (onwards)|
|Commencement of Classes||17 Sep 2019|
The university has released a separate merit list for the candidates who are shortlisted to attend further rounds. Meanwhile, the University also releases a rejection list in which the names of those candidates are mentioned who are not eligible or apt for the selection. The merit list is made on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in their Honours or equivalent examination. Direct link to check the merit list has been provided below.
- Click here to check the 2nd merit list UGB (60%) Reserved category and Physiology.
- Click here to check the 1st merit list UGB (60%) Reserved category and Physiology.
The University of Gour Banga has released the notification for the filling the application form for admission in various courses. The application form can be filled on the official website. In the application form, candidates have to fill the details such as personal and communication information, educational qualification. Before applying for the same, make sure that you are eligible enough as per the University’s guidelines.
After the fee payment, it is mandatory for the appearing candidates to have to produce the receipt book to the University Office on the same day for the confirmation of the provisional Roll Number. If the required confirmation would not be done then the admission may be cancelled by the University
Application process is over…!!!
For UG Courses:
Registration Fee: Rs. 200/- (without late fee) and Rs. 300/- (with late fee).
Sports Fee will be Rs. 20/- and out of which 50 % i.e, Rs. 10/- per students to be deposited to the University as Sports Fees.
For online payment by credit card/Debit card/Bank transfer, the respective TDR charges are applicable.
For PG Courses:
- For General Category/OBC-A/OBC-B : 400/-
- For Reserved (SC/ST/PH) : 150/-
For UG Programme
Eligibility Criteria of admission for the academic year 2019-20 for various UG courses of studies will be at par with the norms followed in Academic session 2018-2019. Subject to the eligibility criteria. the merit list for the general courses will be prepared on the basis of Grand total of best five subjects including English.
Candidates qualifying in (10+2) Exam, with English as a subject of the West Bengal State Council for Vocational Education & Training. Students passing out only the State Level and National Level Boards in regular mode will be allowed to take admission in Hons/ General Courses and are eligible to get admission to B.A. and B.Com General courses only.
For PG Programme
Candidate Must have done Honours in the respective subjects. Candidates who graduated with Honours from a recognized University under (10+2+3) system or equivalent examination are eligible for admission.
1. Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit as per marks obtained in Honours or equivalent examinations. In case of students securing equal percentage of marks in the said examination (tie situation), merit panel will be prepared considering their marks obtained by them in Higher Secondary (Class 10+2 standard) Examination and thereafter their marks obtained in Madhyamik (Class X standard) will be considered for rank comparison.
2. Only those who graduated with Honours from a recognized University as per UGC under 10+2+3 system or equivalent examination within last two years (2017, 2018) preceding the current year (2019) are eligible for admission.
3. At any stage of the admission process, the University authority may seek willingness/consent from the empanelled candidates for the purpose of short listing and smooth conduct of admission process.
The seat matrix for PG Admission is as given below. Some seats are reserved for SC, ST, OBC and Physically challenged candidates.
Reservation of Seats for Admission
Candidates must go through the pointer below to know the University of Gour Banga’s reservation criteria. These guidelines are based as per the previous year trends.
- 60% of total seats in each department will be for the students of University of Gour Banga (UGB).
- Selection will be made strictly on merit. Marks obtained in Honours will be the sole criteria. For the applicants who have completed their Honours or equivalent degree before 2019 (to the extent of the year 2017) marks @ 5% per year will be deducted from their obtained marks. In case of equal marks in Honours, total marks/percentage of marks of immediately preceding Examinations are to be taken into account for ranking.
- Seats will be reserved for SC (22%), ST (6%), OBC: Category-A (10%) & Category-B (7%) and Physically Handicapped/Challenged (3%) candidates.
- Normally 60% seats will be for the students of the University of Gour Banga (UGB) and 40% seats for other Open Competition.General Instructions
Here, we have enlisted some general instructions for the appearing candidates to avoid any future hassles. Candidates can check out these instructions to proceed as per the University’s guidelines.
- The students shall have to submit the duly filled in form for Identity Card along with two stamp size colored photographs to the University Office on the date to be notified separately.
- Admission shall be treated as cancelled if a student fails to attend 50% of classes during the first fifteen teaching days from the commencement of classes.
- Every student shall be strictly bound by the University Act, Statues, Ordinances, Rules and regulations for the prosecution of the respective course.
- As per UGC rules, a student shall have to attend at least 75% (Seventy Five) of the Classes and tutorials held in a Semester for appearing in the Semester-end Examination.
- Affidavits are to be made by the student and by his/her parent/guardian for Anti Ragging declaration.
The below fee structure is being constructed on the basis of the last year trends. We will update the new structure as soon as it will be released by the University officially.
|UGB (Main Campus) per Semester|
|Rs. 3,000.00 for OTHER University and
Rs. 2,800.00 for HOME University
|Rs. 2,000.00 for OTHER University and
Rs. 1,800.00 for HOME University
About the University
The University is situated at the outskirt of the English Bazar Municipality (Malda) on an area of land measuring 30.51 acres. All the colleges of the districts of North Dinajpur, South Dinajpur and Malda except Islampur College and Raiganj University College are under the preview of University of Gour Banga, Malda. Currently, there are 50 affiliated Colleges out of which 25 General Degree Colleges, providing B.A. /B.Sc. /B.Com. / B.C.A. courses, 25 Colleges for B.Ed. course and one college offering five years integrated L.L.B. course. The total student strength of the affiliated General Degree Colleges at present stands 1,25,000 approximately.
Click here to check the Notification for UG Courses Admission 2019.
Official Website: www.ugbonlineadmission.org