The University is situated at the outskirt of the English Bazar Municipality (Malda) on an area of land measuring 30.51 acres. All the colleges of the districts of North Dinajpur, South Dinajpur and Malda except Islampur College and Raiganj University College are under the perview of University of Gour Banga, Malda. Currently, there are 50 affiliated Colleges out of which 25 General Degree Colleges, providing B.A. /B.Sc. /B.Com. / B.C.A. courses, 25 Colleges for B.Ed. course and one college offering five years integrated L.L.B. course. The total student strength of the affiliated General Degree Colleges at present stands 1,25,000 approximately.
Gour Banga University PG Admission 2018
University of Gour Banga has issued the notification for admission into various PG courses for the academic year 2018-19. Selection will be made strictly on merit on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in Honours/major subject/course. Interested candidates can check all the details regarding Gour Banga University PG Admission 2018 from this page given below.
- M.A. (2 Years – 4 Sem) in various discipline
- M.Com. (2 Years – 4 Sem) in commerce
- M.Sc. (2 Years – 4 Sem) in various discipline
- Master in Law
Tentative Schedule for PG Applications for the session 2018-19
|Online Application for PG starts in ugbonline.in||31 Jul 2018|
|Last Date for Online Form filling of PG courses|
|Last Date of Offline Payment|
|Commencement of Classes||18 Sep 2018|
Notice: Click here to check the notice for extended dates of registration and application.
Candidate Must have done Honours in the respective subjects Candidates who graduated with Honours from a recognized University under (10+2+3) system or equivalent examination are eligible for admission.
Online Application is available on website (www.ugbonline.in). Interested candidates can submit their online application form from official website or through the direct link given below.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for PG admission.
Official Website: www.ugbonlineadmission.org
- UR/OBC-A/OBC-B – Rs. 400 + Rs. 46 (Bank charges (For Offline challan of UBI)
- Reserved – Rs. 150 + Rs. 46 (Bank charges (For Offline challan of UBI)
Note – For online payment by credit card/Debit card/Bank transfer, the respective TDR charges are applicable.
The candidates will fill up the application form only through online portal. Online application will be available on University Website (www.ugb.ac.in) with a link of UGB PG ADMISSION (www.ugbonlineadmission.org) on and from July 31, 2018 to August 10, 2018.
After depositing the fees at the University cash counter or through Online Payment option (Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking), the candidates shall have to produce the receipt book to the University Office on the same day for confirmation of the provisional Roll Number. If the confirmation is not done on the same day, the admission may be cancelled. And for the candidates who will be selected for Malda College (PG Department) and Balurghat College (PG Department), they are to report and take admission within next 3 (three) working days to the respective Colleges. Otherwise their candidature for admission will liable to be cancelled.
Gour Banga University Admission 2018
For the first time in the State of West Bengal the University of Gour Banga has introduced “Multiple Choice Question” (MCQ) pattern at the Under Graduate Level Examinations.
Gour Banga University B.Ed Admission 2017
The University of Gour Banga is the pioneer State University in West Bengal to introduce Centralized On-line Admission process to B.Ed. Courses for all the Affiliated Colleges. From the very inception the University of Gour Banga has been successfully conducting On-line Admission process.
Click Here for Gour Banga University B.Ed Admission Complete Information.
Gour Banga University has released Merit lists & Rejection candidates list for PG admission of the academic year 2017-18. Candidates can check the same form the official website OR through the direct link which will be provided below.
Intake Capacity for PG admission-2018 (UGB Main Campus)
Reservation of Seats for Admission
- 60:40 be maintained respectively for the Home University students only & open for both the home & other university students.
- Students passed out in 2016 & 2017 may be allowed for admission on the basis of merit subject to deduction of 5% of marks for each year.Those who have passed their honours on or before 2015 will not be eligible for application.
- Reservation ratio: (SC 22%, ST 6%, OBC-A 10%, OBC-B 7% & PH/PC 3%) be strictly maintained as per Govt. rules
- Selection will be made strictly on merit on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in Honours/major subject/course.
Other Important Information
- The date of commencement of classes will be September 18, 2018.
- The students shall have to submit the duly filled in form for Identity Card along with two stamp size colored photographs to the University Office on the date to be notified separately.
- Admission shall be treated as cancelled if a student fails to attend 50% of classes during the first fifteen teaching days from the commencement of classes.
- Every student shall be strictly bound by the University Act, Statues, Ordinances, Rules and regulations for prosecution of the respective course.
- As per UGC rules, a student shall have to attend at least 75% (Seventy Five) of the Classes and tutorials held in a Semester for appearing in the Semester-end Examination.
- Affidavits be made by the student and by his/her parent/guardian for Anti Ragging declaration.
Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit as per marks obtained in Honours or equivalent examinations. In case of students securing equal marks in aggregate in the said examination, marks obtained by them in H.S. will be taken for consideration of merit. Only those who graduated with Honours from a recognized University as per UGC under 10+2+3 system or equivalent examination within last two years (2016, 2017) preceding the current year (2018) are eligible for admission. At any stage of the admission process, the University authority may seek willingness/consent from the empanelled candidates for the purpose of short listing and smooth conduct of admission process.
|UGB (Main Campus) per Semester|
|Lab Based||Non-Lab Based|
|Rs. 3,000.00 for OTHER University and
Rs. 2,800.00 for HOME University
|Rs. 2,000.00 for OTHER University and
Rs. 1,800.00 for HOME University
For more details of Gour Banga University PG Admission 2018 – Click Here