|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
UBKV Admission 2017 – Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya has released notification for admission test for admission to UG Programme (4 years B.Sc. (Agriculture) Hons. and B.Sc.(Horticulture) Hons. Courses for UBKV, Pundibri Campus and College of Agriculture, Majhian, Dakshin Dinajpur under UBKV) and PG Programme (2 years M.Sc.(Agriculture) /M.Sc.(Horticulture) / M.Sc.(Forestry) courses) for the session 2017-2018. Interested candidates can read the complete details regarding UBKV Admission 2017 such as application form & fee details, eligibility criteria, Seats etc. on this page.
Latest – Revised Provisional Merit list for PG Entrance test has been published, Check it through the link given below.
UBKV Admission 2017 – Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya
Candidate are requested to fill the application as per schedule mention here. The final merit list is prepared based on marks obtained in Higher Secondary, B.Sc. and Entrance test for PG Courses.
|Events||UG Courses||PG Courses|
|Last Date for submission of application form||28 Jun 2017||17 Jul 2017|
|Last Date of online and offline payment||01 Jul 2017||17 Jul 2017|
|Entrance Test for PG||–||05 Aug & 06 Aug 2017|
|Publication of Provisional merit list||17 Jul 2017||09 Aug 2017|
|Counselling & admission||To be notified in the merit list.||18 Aug 2017|
|Start of class||To be notified in the merit list.||21 Aug 2017|
Venue of counselling : At UBKV Main Campus, Pundibari, Cooch Behar for all Counselling and Admission of all UG courses for all Faculties and Colleges of the University.
Provisional List Of Eligible Candidates To Appear In Entrance Test For Admission To
M.Sc. Agriculture, Horticulture & Forestry Courses For The Session -2017-2018 Has been published.
- Click Here to check the list of candidates
Entrance Test Schedule
- The entrance test for admission to M.Sc.(Agriculture) for Crop Protection module, Crop Production module and M.Sc.(Horticulture) will be held on 05-08-2017.
- The entrance test for admission to M.Sc.(Agriculture) for Social Science module, Basic Science module and M.Sc.(Forestry) will be held on 06-08-2017.
Venue – Seminar Hall at the Faculty of Horticulture, UBKV, Pundibari, Coochbehar.
Exam timings on 05/08/2017
|Crop Production module||10:00 a.m to 11:30 a.m|
|Crop Protection module||12:30 p.m to 2:00 p.m|
|Horticulture module||3:00 p.m to 4:30 p.m|
Exam timings on 06/08/2017
|Social Science module||10:00 a.m to 11:30 a.m|
|Basic Science module||12:30 p.m to 2:00 pm|
|Forestry module||3:00 p.m to 4:30 p.m|
For UG Courses
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary (H. S.) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Agriculture / Horticulture or Vocational Agriculture / Horticulture with above combination as elective subjects and securing at least 60% marks in aggregate of above mentioned three subjects combination for General & OBC candidates and 50% marks in the aggregate for SC/ST and PWD (Person with Disability)
- Candidates from Vocational stream must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate of all his/her subjects in the H.S. level examination.
Age : The candidates must attain the age of 16 years or above as on 01.06.2017.
For PG Courses
- Candidates who have passed the Bachelor’s Degree examination in Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry from a recognized University with a minimum OGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale and at least 60% marks in Higher Secondary or equivalent examination may apply for admission test. The minimum OGPA and marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates are 6.00 and 50% respectively. Candidates who have passed in Bachelors Degree with at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) under traditional system may also apply. There shall be a relaxation in cut off percentage up to 10% subject to the minimum eligibility requirement. However the applicant must secure qualifying marks in the Entrance Test specified by the University.
- The candidates intending to apply for more than one module as mentioned in the Guideline for Entrance Test shall have to submit separate application forms. The final admission will be conducted strictly on the basis of merit, according to the position in the merit list. Candidates qualified for more than one subject will be allowed to express their choice during counseling session on the date of admission.
Age : The minimum age limit for admission to M.Sc courses is 21 years as on 31.12.2017
Number of seats
For UG Courses
A) For University Main Campus, Pundibari, Cooch Behar :
B) For College of Agriculture, Majhian, Dakshin Dinajpur [Only B.Sc. (Agriculture) Hons. Course] :
One seat for Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Horticulture is reserved for Kashmiri migrants over and above the normal student intake. However they have to qualify the eligibility criterion as mentioned for General and OBC-B candidates.
For PG Courses
M.Sc.(Agriculture) -(i)Agricultural Economics– 6 (GEN-1,SC-2,OBC-A-1,GEN-2) (ii) Agricultural Entomology – 8 (GEN-2 ,SC-2,ST-1 ,OBC-B-1 ,GEN- 2);(iii) Agricultural Extension – 5 (GEN-1 ,SC-1 ,ST-1 ,OBC-B-1 ,GEN- 1); (iv) Agricultural Statistics – 5(SC-1 ,ST-1,OBC-B- 1 ,GEN- 2) (v)Agronomy- 8(GEN-2 ,SC-1 ,ST-1, OBC-B- 1,GEN-3 );(vi) Bio-Chemistry –3 (SC-1,OBC-A-1 GEN-1 ) (vii) Genetics & Plant Breeding- 8 (GEN-2,SC-1 ,OBC-A-1 ,PWD(GEN)-1,GEN- 3) (viii) Plant Pathology-7 (GEN-2 ,SC-1 ,OBC-A-1,GEN-3) (ix) Seed Science & Technology – 3( SC-1,OBC- A-1,GEN-1) (x) Soil Science & Agril. Chemistry- 7(GEN*-2, SC-2, OBC-A-1, GEN-2)
M.Sc.(Horticulture) – (i) Floriculture, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants – 3 (SC-1,ST-1, GEN- 1) (ii) Plantation Crops & Processing– 4 (SC- 1,OBC-A- 1,GEN-2) (iii) Pomology and Post Harvest Technology – 5 (SC-1 ,OBC-B-1 ,GEN- 3) (iv) Vegetables & Spice Crops – 5 (SC-1 ,GEN-4) 3. M.Sc.(Forestry) – Forestry – 4 (SC-1 ,OBC-A- 1,GEN-2