UBKV Admission 2018 – Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya has released notification for admission test for admission to PG Programme (2 years M.Sc.(Agriculture) /M.Sc.(Horticulture) / M.Sc.(Forestry) courses) for the session 2018-19. Courses for UBKV, Pundibri Campus and College of Agriculture, Majhian, Dakshin Dinajpur under UBKV) and PG Programme (2 years M.Sc.(Agriculture) /M.Sc.(Horticulture) / M.Sc.(Forestry) courses) for the session 2018-19. Interested candidates can read the complete details regarding UBKV Admission 2018 such as application form & fee details, eligibility criteria, Seats etc. on this page.
UBKV Admission 2018
Candidate are requested to fill the application as per schedule mention here. The final merit list will be prepared based on marks obtained in Higher Secondary, B.Sc. and Entrance test for PG Courses.
Schedule for PG Courses:
|Date of start of submission of application form||04 Jul 2018|
|Last Date for submission of application form||26 Jul 2018|
|Publication of list of eligible candidates||03 Aug 2018|
|Entrance Test for PG||13 & 14 Aug 2018|
|Publication of Provisional merit list||20 Aug 2018|
|Counselling & admission||27 Aug 2018|
|Start of class||28 Aug 2018|
Schedule for UG Courses:
|Admission notification published on||17 May 2018|
|Last Date for submission of application form||29 June 2018|
|Last Date of online and offline payment||1st week of July 2018|
|Entrance Test for PG||–|
|Publication of Provisional merit list||03 July 2018|
|Choice filling for applicants||04 July 2018- 08 July 2018|
|First round of seat allotment||10 July 2018|
|Start of class||To be announced.|
Choice Filling for UG
A notice has been released for the candidates for choice filling for UG courses. Candidates seeking admission in UG courses needs to fill the choice of institutes. Choice filling is mandatory step for the consideration of seat allotment. Candidates must complete the process of choice filling within stipulated date i.e. July 08, 2018.
Choice filling: Click here for choice filling of UG courses.
Steps for Choice filling
- Candidate needs to first login with the user id and password on the link provided above.
- Upon login to his/her account, he/she need to click ‘FILL-IN YOUR CHOICE’ button.
- the candidate shall select the choice in preferential order from dropdown menu for First Preference, Second Preference and Third Preference.
- Candidates then can preview their filled-in choices before finally submitting it.
- After carefully reviewing his/her choice, candidate now shall click ‘Submit’ button. Preferential choice once submitted cannot be altered by any means.
- After the candidates submit their choice, they shall be able to print their declared choice and shall preserve this for future reference.
For UG Courses
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary (H. S.) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Agriculture / Horticulture or Vocational Agriculture / Horticulture with above combination as elective subjects and securing at least 60% marks in aggregate of above mentioned three subjects combination for General & OBC candidates and 50% marks in the aggregate for SC/ST and PWD (Person with Disability)
- Candidates from Vocational stream must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate of all his/her subjects in the H.S. level examination.
Age: The candidates must attain the age of 16 years or above.
For PG Courses
- Candidates must attain the age of 21 years or above as on December 31, 2018.
- Candidates who have passed the Bachelor’s Degree examination in Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry from a recognized University with a minimum OGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale and at least 60% marks in Higher Secondary or equivalent examination may apply for admission test. The minimum OGPA and marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates are 6.00 and 50% respectively. Candidates who have passed in Bachelors Degree with at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) under traditional system may also apply. There shall be a relaxation in cut off percentage up to 10% subject to the minimum eligibility requirement. However, the applicant must secure qualifying marks in the Entrance Test specified by the University.
- Candidates must secure the minimum qualifying marks as specified by the Postgraduate Admission Committee in the Entrance Test conducted by the University.
- Only such Candidates whose disability percentage is 40% or above shall be eligible for admission in seats reserved for Persons with Disability (PWD) category. Any PWD candidates with disability percentage less than 40% shall be treated as Unreserved category.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates domiciled outside the State of West Bengal shall be treated as Unreserved category
Number of Seats
The number of seats for PG Course for different disciplines is mentioned below:
- The number of seats may increase or decrease subject to availability of eligible teacher/Guide in each Department.
- Seats shall be reserved for Kashmiri migrants over and above the normal student intake.
Number of seats
For UG Courses
A) For University Main Campus, Pundibari, Cooch Behar :
B) For College of Agriculture, Majhian, Dakshin Dinajpur [Only B.Sc. (Agriculture) Hons. Course]:
One seat each for Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Horticulture is reserved for Kashmiri migrants over and above the normal student intake. However, they have to qualify the eligibility criteria as mentioned for General and OBC-B candidates.
Documents to be submitted at the time of Admission
The applicants have to submit self-attested copies of the followings at the time of admission:
- Self-attested copy of proof of date of birth i.e., either Birth certificate from a competent authority or admit card of Madhyamik/equivalent (10th) examination
- Self-attested copy of both side mark sheet of Madhyamik/equivalent (10th) examination.
- Self-attested copy of both side mark sheet of Higher Secondary/equivalent (10+2) examination
- Self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate [non–creamy layer certificate issued within last one year from the competent authority.] /PWD certificate
- Self-attested copy of Residential/Domicile certificate from competent authority in terms of clause 7 of “Prescribed format for Domicile Certificate” available in University website.
- Character certificate issued by the Head of the institution from where he/she has passed the last examination,
- Four copies of passport size recent colour photograph,
- Aadhaar Card,
- The first page of the Bank Passbook in the name of the Applicant,
- Income certificate of guardians from the competent authority and
- Migrant certificate issued by competent authority for Kashmiri migrants only along with the downloaded Application Form at the time of counseling and admission; failing which his/her application shall liable to be cancelled.
- Click here to check important information regarding choice filling.
- Click here to check important information regarding acceptance of seats.
Official Website: www.ubkv.ac.in
Insofar, Only details of UBKV PG Admission 2018 notification dates have been announced. Information about UBKV PG Admission 2018 details on this page is based on last year information brochure and for references purpose only. As soon as UBKV releases UBKV PG Admission 2018 notification, details will be updated here.