UBKV Admission 2020 – Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya will be releasing a notification for admission test for admission to 4 years B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture and B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture courses and for admission to two years M.Sc.(Agriculture) /M.Sc.(Horticulture)/ M.Sc. (Forestry) Courses for Main Campus at Pundibari, Cooch Behar and College of Agriculture at Majhian, Dakshin Dinajpur under the University for the academic session 2020-21. Interested candidates can read the complete details regarding UBKV Admission 2020 such as application form & fee details, eligibility criteria, Seats, etc. on this page.
UBKV Admission 2020
Candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form. The important dates regarding UBKV Admission 2020 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
Schedule for UG Courses:
|Admission notification published on||May 2020|
|Last Date for submission of application form||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Last Date of online and offline payment||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Entrance Test for PG||–|
|Publication of Provisional merit list||3rd Wednesday of June, 2020|
|First round of seat allotment||to be announced|
|Start of class||To be announced.|
Schedule for M.Sc. Program:
|Date of start of submission of application form||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Last Date for submission of application form||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Entrance Test||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of Merit list||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Counselling & admission||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Start of class||2nd week of Aug 2020|
For UG Courses
- Candidates must be a domicile of the State of West Bengal except for candidates applying as ICAR candidate, Kashmiri Migrant and Foreign Student.
- Candidates must attain the age of 16 (sixteen) years or above as on 1st June of the particular year in which admission is sought.
- All Candidates, except for candidates from West Bengal Vocational Stream of WBCTVESD, must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Agriculture/Horticulture as elective subjects and must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate of above mentioned subjects combination for Unreserved and OBC candidates and at least 50% marks in aggregate of above mentioned subjects combination for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD) and Hill quota candidates.
- Candidates from Vocational stream of West Bengal Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (WBCTVESD) must secure at least at least 60% marks in aggregate of all subjects for Unreserved and OBC candidates and at least 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Only such Candidates whose disability percentage is 40% or above shall be eligible for admission in seats reserved for Persons with Disability (PWD) category. Any PWD candidates with disability percentage less than 40% shall be treated as Unreserved category
For M.Sc Program
- Students passed with three years Bachelors’ degree course are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- The minimum age limit for admission to M.Sc. courses is 21 years as on December 31, 2020.
- Candidates must have passed their Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture/Horticulture or Forestry or have appeared in the final examination in the relevant subject under four years Agriculture/ Horticulture/Forestry undergraduate program from any recognized Indian/Foreign University.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks or its equivalent OGPA (6.00 out of 10.00 or 3.40 out of 5.00 or 2.70 out of 4.00 or 2.00 out of 3.00) in Bachelors’ degree for Unreserved and OBC category and 55% marks or its equivalent OGPA (5.50 out of 10.00 or 3.20 out of 5.00 or 2.50 out of 4.00 or 1.80 out of 3.00) in Bachelors’ degree for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidates of Unreserved and OBC categories must have passed their Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks in aggregate of 5 (five) best subjects and for SC/ST/PWD category candidates the same shall be 50% marks in aggregate of 5 (five) best subjects.
- Candidates must secure the minimum qualifying marks as specified by the Postgraduate Admission Committee in the Entrance Test conducted by the University.
- An additional 10% of graduations percentage will be given as weightage for UBKV pass out students while preparing the merit panel subject to fulfilling the minimum qualifying marks obtained in entrance test.
- However, the applicant must secure qualifying marks in the Entrance Test specified by the University.
Application for admission to M.Sc Program is to be made ONLINE only. A candidate applying for a master programme can apply in only one application giving a choice of any number of subjects/modules but have to pay the prescribed application fees for the respective number of subjects/modules applied for. The final admission will be conducted strictly on the basis of merit, according to the position in the merit list. Candidates qualified for more than one subject will be allowed to express their choice during a counseling session on the date of admission.
Documents to be submitted at the time of Admission
Scanned copy of the following documents/images, as applicable, must be uploaded on online
admission portal while applying-
- Self-attested copy of proof of date of birth i.e., either Birth certificate from a competent authority or admit card of Madhyamik/equivalent (10th) examination
- Self-attested copy of both side mark sheet of Madhyamik/equivalent (10th) examination.
- Self-attested copy of both side mark sheet of Higher Secondary/equivalent (10+2) examination
- Self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate [non–creamy layer certificate issued within last one year from the competent authority.] /PWD certificate
- Self-attested copy of Residential/Domicile certificate from competent authority in terms of clause 7 of “Prescribed format for Domicile Certificate” available in University website.
- Character certificate issued by the Head of the institution from where he/she has passed the last examination,
- Four copies of passport size recent colour photograph,
- Aadhaar Card,
- The first page of the Bank Passbook in the name of the Applicant,
- Income certificate of guardians from the competent authority and
- Migrant certificate issued by competent authority for Kashmiri migrants only along with the downloaded Application Form at the time of counseling and admission; failing which his/her application shall liable to be cancelled.
On the day of Admission, the following documents need to be produced:
- Six copies of recent signed passport size photograph similar to the one that has been uploaded during the online application.
- All certificates that have been uploaded during the application, in ORIGINAL
- Character certificate from the Head of the Institute, last attended.
- Migration certificate to be submitted within 2nd semester.
- Anti-ragging declaration in the given format (to be given within 2 weeks of admission).
- The downloaded application form and original copies of all above documents have to be submitted at the time of counseling, failing which his/her application will be treated as cancelled.
Seat allotment for various categories has been released. The seat allocation list contains the Name of the candidates along with their preferences and the seat allotted to them on the basis of their choices made. candidates can check the same from the official website, also direct links have been provided here for the sake of the candidates.
Number of Seats
The number of seats for PG Course for different disciplines is mentioned below:
- The number of seats may increase or decrease subject to availability of eligible teacher/Guide in each Department.
- Seats shall be reserved for Kashmiri migrants over and above the normal student intake.
Number of seats
as per last year
For UG Courses
A) For University Main Campus, Pundibari, Cooch Behar :
B) For College of Agriculture, Majhian, Dakshin Dinajpur [Only B.Sc. (Agriculture) Hons. Course]:
One seat each for Faculty of Agriculture and Faculty of Horticulture is reserved for Kashmiri migrants over and above the normal student intake. However, they have to qualify the eligibility criteria as mentioned for General and OBC-B candidates
Choice Filling for UG
A notice will be released for the candidates for choice filling for UG courses. Candidates seeking admission in UG courses need to fill the choice of institutes. Choice filling is a mandatory step for the consideration of seat allotment. Candidates must complete the process of choice filling within the stipulated date.
Steps for Choice filling
- Candidate needs to first login with the user id and password on the link provided above.
- Upon login to his/her account, he/she need to click ‘FILL-IN YOUR CHOICE’ button.
- the candidate shall select the choice in preferential order from the dropdown menu for First Preference, Second Preference, and Third Preference.
- Candidates then can preview their filled-in choices before finally submitting it.
- After carefully reviewing his/her choice, the candidate now shall click the ‘Submit’ button. Preferential choice once submitted cannot be altered by any means.
- After the candidates submit their choice, they shall be able to print their declared choice and shall preserve this for future reference.
Official Website: www.ubkv.ac.in