UBKV Admission 2020 – Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya (UBKV), West Bengal, is conducting the choice filling round for UBKV 2020 admission on the official website i.e ubkv.ac.in. Applicants can choose options in order of preference as per schedule given below. The admission is provided into 4 years B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture and B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture courses and for admission to two years M.Sc.(Agriculture) /M.Sc.(Horticulture)/ M.Sc. (Forestry) Courses for Main Campus at Pundibari, Cooch Behar and College of Agriculture at Majhian, Dakshin Dinajpur. Candidates are given admission on the basis of their merit in prior qualifications and reservation criteria. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, application form, counselling and admission procedure for UBKV Admission 2020.
– UBKV has released the 7th round of seat allotment. Check Here!
– UBKV has released the Choice Filling List. Scroll down to check the details.
– The merit list for UG is now available. Click Here to Check.
UBKV Admission 2020
Candidates who are domiciled in the state of West Bengal are eligible for admission, those from other states are only eligible to participate through the ICAR quota. The details regarding admission, counselling and seat allotment are sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number. Therefore, they are requested to keep checking the same and the official website for regular updates. Shown below are the important dates for UBKV Admission 2020
Schedule for UG Courses:
|UBKV UG Admission portal Starts on||1 Aug 2020|
|Last Date for submission of application form||30 Aug 2020|
|Publication of Provisional merit list||1 Sep 2020|
|First round of seat allotment|
08 Sep 2020
|First Round Seat Acceptance|
09 Sep 2020 to 10 Sep 2020
|Second Round Seat Allotment|
12 Sep 2020
|Second Round Seat Acceptance|
|Third Round Seat Allotment|
|Third Round Seat Acceptance|
|Fourth Round Seat Allotment|
20 Sep 2020
|Fourth Round Seat Acceptance|
21 – 22 Sep 2020
|Fifth Round Seat Allotment|
24 Sep 2020
|Fifth Round Seat Acceptance|
25 – 26 Sep 2020
|Sixth Round Seat Allotment|
28 Sep 2020
|Sixth Round Seat Acceptance|
29 Sep 2020 (12:01 am) – 30 Sep 2020 (11.59 pm)
|Seventh Round Seat Allotment|
|Seventh Round Seat Acceptance|
03 Oct 2020
|Eighth Round Seat Allotment|
|Eighth Round Seat Acceptance|
|Ninth Round Seat Allotment|
|Ninth Round Seat Acceptance|
|Tenth Round Seat Allotment|
|Tenth Round Seat Acceptance|
|Submission of Verification report|
|Start of Class (Online/Offline)|
Schedule for M.Sc. Program:
|Date of start of submission of application form||to be notified|
|Last Date for submission of application form||to be notified|
|Entrance Test||to be notified|
|Publication of Merit list||to be notified|
|Counselling & admission||to be notified|
|Start of class||to be notified|
UBKV Admission 2020 Choice Filling
The official authority has started the choice filling process for the UG admissions at ubkv.ac.in. The candidates are required to choose their faculty/college/course in the order of preference. The three choices, from which candidate can choose their preference are B. Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture at Faculty of Agriculture at Main Campus, Pundibari, B. Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture at Faculty of Horticulture at Main Campus, Pundibari and B. Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture at the College of Agriculture at Extended Campus, Majhian. Shown below are the steps for the same.
Check Choice Filling List: Click here to download the choice filling list for UBKV Admission 2020.
How to do choice filling?
- First go to the official website i.e and choose the option for choice filling i.e Prefer Degree Programme Choice’ button.
- Then, select the Preference, Second Preference and Third Preference.
- Next, preview the choices and submit the same.
- At last, download the choice filling form and preserve it.
UBKV Admission 2020 Seat Allotment
UBKV, West Bengal, conducts the seat allotment process through an automated process. It first allots the seat chosen by the candidate as first preference, if that is not available, second or third one is given. A candidate either needs to accept / reject an option, then only auto upgrade is possible. In case, the candidate does not choose any option, then they are not allowed to participate in subsequent rounds.
UBKV Admission 2020 Counselling
The counselling and admission process is held in online mode for UBKV at ubkv.ac.in. It is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Board and Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal. The candidates need to carry the following documents for verification in their original format only.
- Self-attested copy of proof of date of birth
- Self-attested copy of both side mark sheet of Madhyamik/equivalent (10th) examination
- Self-attested copy of both side mark sheet of Higher Secondary/equivalent (10+2) examination
- Self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate
- Self-attested copy of Residential/Domicile certificate
- Character certificate issued from the Head of the institution
- Four copies of recent pass port size colour photograph
- Adhaar Card
- First page of the Bank Passbook
- Income certificate of guardians
- Migrant certificate issued by competent authority for Kashmiri migrants only
UBKV Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
The official authority conducts admission through the following selection procedure.
- The candidate is given admission on the basis of their merit in prior qualification.
- The category of the candidates are also taken into consideration.
- On the basis of entrance test
UBKV Admission 2020 Application Form
The official authority releases the application form for UBKV Admission 2020 online on the official website. Candidates should note that they can only apply online for the same. No hard copy is sent to the candidate through the offline means. The application fee is not refundable. Shown below are the steps.
How to apply?
- First of all, click on the application form link and register with basic details.
- Next, login with the username /email id and password.
- Thereafter, choose the option for the fill admission form.
- Next, fill personal details, address details, qualification details and upload documents.
- At last, pay the application fee online.
|General / OBC||Rs.1000|
|SC / ST||Rs. 250|
UBKV Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For UG Courses
- Candidates must be a domicile of the State of West Bengal except for candidates applying as ICAR candidate, Kashmiri Migrant and Foreign Student.
- Candidates must attain the age of 16 (sixteen) years or above as on 1st June of the particular year in which admission is sought.
- All Candidates, except for candidates from West Bengal Vocational Stream of WBCTVESD, must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Agriculture/Horticulture as elective subjects and must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate of above mentioned subjects combination for Unreserved and OBC candidates and at least 50% marks in aggregate of above mentioned subjects combination for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD) and Hill quota candidates.
- Candidates from Vocational stream of West Bengal Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (WBCTVESD) must secure at least at least 60% marks in aggregate of all subjects for Unreserved and OBC candidates and at least 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Only such Candidates whose disability percentage is 40% or above shall be eligible for admission in seats reserved for Persons with Disability (PWD) category. Any PWD candidates with disability percentage less than 40% shall be treated as Unreserved category
For M.Sc Program
- Students passed with three years Bachelors’ degree course are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- The minimum age limit for admission to M.Sc. courses is 21 years as on December 31, 2020.
- Candidates must have passed their Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture/Horticulture or Forestry or have appeared in the final examination in the relevant subject under four years Agriculture/ Horticulture/Forestry undergraduate program from any recognized Indian/Foreign University.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks or its equivalent OGPA (6.00 out of 10.00 or 3.40 out of 5.00 or 2.70 out of 4.00 or 2.00 out of 3.00) in Bachelors’ degree for Unreserved and OBC category and 55% marks or its equivalent OGPA (5.50 out of 10.00 or 3.20 out of 5.00 or 2.50 out of 4.00 or 1.80 out of 3.00) in Bachelors’ degree for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidates of Unreserved and OBC categories must have passed their Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks in aggregate of 5 (five) best subjects and for SC/ST/PWD category candidates the same shall be 50% marks in aggregate of 5 (five) best subjects.
- Candidates must secure the minimum qualifying marks as specified by the Postgraduate Admission Committee in the Entrance Test conducted by the University.
- An additional 10% of graduations percentage will be given as weightage for UBKV pass out students while preparing the merit panel subject to fulfilling the minimum qualifying marks obtained in entrance test.
- However, the applicant must secure qualifying marks in the Entrance Test specified by the University.
Ques 1. Can I bring photocopy of documents for UBKV admission counselling?
Ques 2. Is medical examination mandatory for admission in UBKV admission 2020?
Ques 3. Is seat booking fee refundable?
Official Website: ubkv.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.