WBUAFS Ph.D Admission 2019 – The West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences was established on January 2nd. 1995 by a Legislative Act (West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences Act- VI, 1995). The University offers Ph.D. Degree Programmes for the academic session 2019-2020 in the following subjects under different faculties.
- Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- Faculty of Dairy Technology
- Faculty of Fishery Sciences
WBUAFS Ph.D Admission 2019 – West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D Courses have to fill their Application form online from the official website. The selection of candidates shall be strictly on the basis of merit and performance in the Written Test and Personal Interview.
Schedule for the WBUAFS Ph.D Admission 2019 is given below.
|Commencement of Application form||26 Aug – 09 Sep 2019|
|Last date of submission of forms (Hard copies)||13 Sep 2019|
|Date of written Test||18 Sep 2019|
|Date of Personal Interview||20 Sep 2019|
|Publications of Merit list||24 Sep 2019|
|Date of Admission||27 Sep 2019|
|Date of Registration & Commencement of Semester||30 Sep 2019|
- For selection of the Ph.D candidates in the three faculties, they are to acquire minimum of 6.75 Grade Point Average (GPA) in the respective Master’s Degree disciplines. Besides for selection of candidates, they are to qualify in the written examinations conducted by a duly constituted committee as well as they are to appear in the Personal Interviews for being selected in the Merit list. In the selection, equal weightage is given to the written examination and the Personal Interviews.
- Admission to Ph.D. course of the University shall open to candidates holding a two years Master’s degree in Veterinary & Animal Sciences, M.SC. (Dairying)/ M.Tech. (Dairy Technology) and M.F.Sc. and securing at least 55% marks in aggregate or 2.75 OGPA in 4.00 point scale or 6.75 in 10 point scale following a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences (5 years)/ Dairy Technology (4 years)/ Fishery Sciences (4 years) from a recognized University or National Institute.
- Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. course in a subject shall have passed the Master’s Degree in the same subject and also have done sufficient courses in the proposed major field of specialization within the subject
WBUAFS Ph.D 2019 Application Form
Application form for Ph.D Admission 2019 at West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences can be filled online at official website wbuafsce.org or from the direct link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their Eligibility and other conditions before filing the application form.
Apply Online: Click Here to fill the WBUAFS Ph.D 2019 Application Form.
The applicant can make the payment of application fee (Non-refundable) [Rs. 500/-* for General and Rs. 250/-* for Reserved Categories (SC/ST] by Online Payment (Net-banking/ Debit card/ Credit card). [*Service charge and Applicable tax are extra]
Instruction for Filling the Application Form
All the applicants applying to West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences for admission to Ph.D. Degree Programme (Academic Session: 2019-2020) must read the following instructions carefully and also abide by the rules of admission given bellow fully before proceed to apply.
Step-1: Applicants need to register themselves Online. Once the registration details is submitted successfully, a unique Registration Number will be generated automatically. Applicant should have to note and preserve the Registration Number and Password carefully for further process. Once registered, the applicant can now login to the Ph.D. admission portal to complete the online registration form.
Step-2: After login, Applicants need to fill in the Application Form Online by entering their personal details, address, academic details and In-service details. Click “Next” to upload the scanned images. Applicants need to upload scanned Images of their Color Photograph and Signature. The scanned images should be in jpg/jpeg format only. Size of the Photo can be minimum 10 KB or maximum 100 KB. Size of the Signature can be minimum 8 KB or maximum 50 KB. After upload, Applicants should review the application carefully before clicking “Submit” button to submit the details. Once the application is submitted there is no scope of updating of any details.
Step-3: After that, Applicants need to click “Apply for Subject(s)” button to choose the major subject by filling the Academic details in Master’s Degree Programme. Click “Apply” to add the subject. Once applied successfully, a unique Application Number will be generated automatically against the subject. Applicant should have to note and preserve the Application Number carefully for further process.
Step-4: Now, Applicants need to click “Application Details” to make the payment of application fee (Non-refundable) [Rs. 500/-* for General and Rs. 250/-* for Reserved Categories (SC/ ST)] per subject by Online Payment System (Net-banking/ Debit card/ Credit card)
[*Service charge and Applicable tax are extra]
- For Online payment-After successful payment through online mode applicants needs to click and print the e-payment receipt for payment verification. After verification, the Application Form Print option will be activated.
Final step: Printout hardcopy of online filled in application form duly signed by the applicant & parents/ guardian along with enclosures mentioned in the Application form must be submitted to the Controller of Examinations, West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences, Vivek Bhawan, 68, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Belgachia, Kolkata-700 037
After submission of the Printout hardcopy of online filled in application form, the applicant needs to print the Hall Ticket for appearing in the Written Test examination. Without Hall Ticket an applicant will not be allowed to appear in the written test examination.
Applicants are requested to visit the Applicant Panel frequently for getting hall ticket for Written Test Examination, admission related notices, information, payment status etc.
Printout hardcopy of online filled in application form along with following enclosures must be submitted to the Controller of Examinations, West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences, Vivek Bhawan, 68, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Belgachia, Kolkata-700 037 otherwise the online application form will be treated as cancelled. However, the candidates should retain a copy of the said documents for their own record.
- Online Payment Receipt.
- Attested Photocopy of Admit Card of Secondary Examination as Age Proof.
- Attested Photocopy of Final Transcript of Master’s Degree Examination.
- Attested Photocopy of PDC of Master’s Degree Examination.
- NOC from the Employer (In case of In-service candidate)
- Attested Photocopy of Caste Certificate (If required).
- Character certificate from Dean/ Principal of the Faculty/ College last attended.
- Attested Photocopy of Aadhaar Card (If available).
Applicant must preserve the Application No for future references like an admission. Applicants who will not be able to refer the Application No. cannot be entitled to any communications.
If at any stage of the admission process, marks or any information entered in an online application system is found incorrect the application will be rejected and no claims of repayment of application fees will be entertained.
- The selection of candidates shall be strictly on the basis of academic score in Master’s Degree level and performance in the written test and personal interview. The academic score shall be decided on the basis of percentage of marks in aggregate or OGPA in Master’s Degree Examination. The total marks for preparation of merit list shall be 100, out of which 40% on academic score, 40% on of written test and 20% on personal interview.
- Qualifying marks for admission is minimum 50% in aggregate in Academic Score, Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Controller of Examinations shall publish the list of candidates recommended for admission in the notice board/ website before the date of admission.
- The candidates selected through ICAR all India Examination for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be exempted from aforesaid selection process. However, should posses the minimum qualification as stated above.
Number of candidates
The number of Ph.D. students to be admitted to the in each academic year in a Department is to be decided by the Board of Studies and approved by the Faculty Council depending upon the resources and facilities available in the department concerned. In principle, the total number of seats (maximum) in a Department in an academic year will be in the ratio of 1: 1 (teacher eligible to guide a student: Number of Students). There shall be a maximum three seats in a department.
WBUAFS Ph.D 2019 Merit List
Merit list for Admission to Ph.D. Programme (Academic Session-2019-2020) will be uploaded on the official website. Candidates can check the merit list from the official website or from the link which will be provided below after the release of the same.
Fee Structure for Ph.D courses
Official Website: www.wbuafsce.org
For more detail of WBUAFS Ph.D Admission 2019 –
- Download Prospectus
- Check Admission Notification for Ph.D. in Life Science/ Extension Education Degree Programme.
- Check Admission Notification for Ph.D. Degree Programme.