WBUAFS Admission 2020 – West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Science (WBUAFS) has released the notification for B.V.Sc & AH course. WBUAFS offers admission to courses like B.V.Sc & AH, B.F.Sc, B.Tech (Dairy Technology), M.V.Sc, M.Tech, M.F.Sc, Diploma in Veterinary Pharmacy, Ph.D., etc. The admission in UG and Diploma courses is merit-based. The selection of students for admission will be done as per the merit list without any Entrance Examination. The merit list will be prepared according to the percentage of total marks obtained in the subjects of H.S. or it’s equivalent examinations as stated. Get more information about WBUAFS admission 2020 from this page.
Latest: WBUAFS has released the notice regarding B.V.Sc & AH course counselling. Scroll down to check the same.
WBUAFS Admission 2020
The candidates must note that the final admission in PG courses and Ph.D courses is done according to the marks in the written test, the merit of the qualifying exam and personal interview. Check more information about WBAUFS admission 2020 from the table given below.
|Commencement of Application form||17 Aug 2020|
|Last date of submission of forms (Hard copies)||08 Sep 2020|
|Publications of Merit list||15 Sep 2020|
|Online Counselling||17 – 18 Dec 2020|
|Date of Admission||to be announced|
|Date of Registration & Commencement of Semester||to be announced|
Courses Offered Via WBUAFS Admission 2020
Check the courses offered at West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences.
|B.V.Sc & AH||5.5 years|
|B.Tech (Dairy Technology)||4 years|
|Diploma in Course|
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Counselling Notice
Click here to download the notice.
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Merit List
The merit list for all the courses is displayed on the official website of the university, wbuafsce.org. The merit lists are released separately for all the other courses in the PDF format. After the declaration of merit lists, the candidates need to appear for counselling with proper documents.
Merit List: Click here to check Provisional Merit List for WBUAFS Admission 2020 B.F.Sc Course.
Details mentioned on the merit list
- Application number
- Applicant’s name
- Total marks
- Percentage of marks
- General Merit Rank
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Application Form
Application form for Ph.D Admission 2020 at West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences can be filled online at official website wbuafsce.org. For B.F.Sc. course, Application form to be filled in through University website. The candidates are advised to fill the application form before the last date of submission.
Application Process Over….
Apply Online: Click here to apply for B.F.Sc Course.
Check the amount given below. The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / cedit card / net banking.
Service charges and tax as applicable
Candidates can check below the steps to fill WBUAFS admission 2020 application form
Step 1. Firstly, click on the link given above on this page.
Step 2. Then, register by entering the necessary details. A unique Registration number and password will be generated to log into the account.
Step 3. Next, login with the credentials received and fill the necessary details such as personal details, address for communication, academic details, educational details.
Step 4. Upload the scanned documents in the dimensions as mentioned in the instructions.
Step 5. Now the candidates have to “Apply for Subjects” to choose the major subject by filling the details. Click on apply to add the subject.
Step 6. Next, pay the application fee and take the printout of the confirmation page.
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for the courses offered at West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences.
Ph.D – The candidates must have 2 years master’s degree in Veterinary & Animal Sciences, M.Tech (Dairy Technology / Dairy Chemistry / Dairy Microbiology) and M.F.Sc. The candidates must have secured minimum 55% marks in aggregate or 2.75 OGPA in 4.00 point scale or 6.75 scale out of 10 following a Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences (5 years) / Dairy Technology (4 years) / Fisheries Sciences (4 years) from a recognized university.
UG Courses – For B.V.Sc & AH
Citizenship: The candidates must be a citizen of India.
Age Limit: The candidates must not be less than 17 years of age and not more than 25 as on 31 December 2020. The candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC – A & B shall be given age relaxation of 5 years.
Domicile: The candidates must be domicile of West Bengal.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination in Science stream from any recognized Board / Council from any institution within West Bengal.
- The candidates must have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects with individual passing marks (in both theory and practical marks) in all the 4 subjects in regular class mode.
- The candidates must have obtained 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English taken together (47.5% in case of reserved category students).
- The candidates who have completed their 12th via open schooling are not eligible.
- The candidate must pass Higher Secondary ( 10+2) Examination of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination in science stream from any recognized Board/ Council from any institution within West Bengal.
- The candidate must pass the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the above four subjects in regular class mode.
- The candidate must obtain at least 50 % marks (40 % in case of candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in above four subjects taken together.
For B.Tech (Dairy Technology)
Age Limit: The candidates must be 17 years of age as on 31st December 2020.
Domicile: The candidates must be a domicile of West Bengal.
Educational Qualification: To pursue this course, the candidates must have:
- Qualified West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) conducted by WBJEEB.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with individual passing marks in the four subjects.
- The candidates must have obtained 50% marks (40% for reserved categories).
For PG Courses
- The candidates must have B.V.Sc & AH / B.Tech (Dairy Technology) / B.F.Sc from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.
Diploma Course in Veterinary Pharmacy
Age Limit: The candidates must be 17 years of age as on 31st December, 2020. The maximum age limit is 32 (35 years for SC / ST / OBC – A & B)
Domicile: The candidates must be domicile of West Bengal.
- The candidates must have passed class 12th or its equivalent examination with Physics, English, Chemistry and Biology / Mathematics as compulsory subjects with individual passing marks in the mentioned 4 subjects in the regular mode.
- Also, the candidates must have cleared class 12th with minimum 45% marks in Physics, English, Chemistry and Biology / Mathematics. (40% marks for SC / ST / OBC – A and OBC -B).
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Counselling
After the display of the merit last, the counselling schedule is released on the official website, wbuafsce.org. On the day of counselling, the candidates have to take certain documents for the verification of documents. Check the list of the documents given below:
- Original medical certificate
- Self-attested hall ticket of 10th class for date of birth proof
- Self-attested 10+2 marksheet
- WBJEE admit card and rank card (for B.Tech Dairy Technology)
- Seat allotment letter issued by reporting centre of WBJEEB (for B.Tech Dairy Technology)
- Domicile certificate
- Caster certificate (if any)
- Declaration against ragging (Performa to be download from the official website)
- Printed copy of online counselling form
- Printed copy of online hall ticket for counselling
- NEET admit card (B.V.Sc & AH)
- Rank card of NEET (For B.V.Sc & AH)
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Check the selection criteria given below for WBUAFS admission 2020.
The selection of students for admission will be done as per the merit list without any Entrance Examination. The merit list will be prepared according to percentage of total marks obtained in the subjects of H.S. or equivalent examination.
Candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the fees etc. at the time of admission through online payment system only. The right of admission of a candidate will summarily be rejected if a candidate fails to produce his/her original documents and /or pay the requisite fees for the purpose at the schedule time of admission
- Selection of candidates will only be done on the basis of marks score in Masters degree and their performance in written test and personal interview round. The total score will be decided on the 40% of the marks obtained in masters degree, 40% marks obtained in written test and 20% on personal interview.
- The minimum marks that a candidate needs to score is 50% (academic score+written exam scores+personal interview).
- Candidates selected through ICAR All India Examination for admission in Ph. D. programme will be exempted from the selection process. However they should fulfill the minimum eligibility qualification as stated above.
Selection Criteria for PG Courses
The selection in PG courses is based on the merit of the candidates and the personal interview.
- The relative weightage on the overall performance in the bachelor’s degree and in the subject concerned shall be in the ratio of 2:1.
- The candidates must have minimum 50% aggregate in merit, admission test and interview altogether (50 out of 100) in order to take admission in PG programme.
- The candidates selected through ICAR All India Examination for admission in master’s degree shall be exempted from the given above selection process.
Selection Criteria for Diploma in Veterinary Pharmacy
- The admission in Diploma in Veterinary Pharmacy is done according to the percentage of total marks obtained in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Mathematics in 10+2 examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent.
Selection Criteria for B.V.Sc. & A.H. Courses
- Selection of candidates for admission in B.V.Sc. & A.H. Degree Programme for Academic Session 2020-2021 shall be made on the basis of merit in the NEET UG 2020. WBUAFS will release the merit list on the official website, wbuafsce.org and also display on the notice board of the Controller of Examinations at Vivek Bhawan, 68, K.B. Sarani, Kolkata-700 037.
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Seat Reservation
Check the seat reservation criteria for WBUAFS admission 2020.
|Categories||Percentage of reservation|
|OBC – A||10%|
|OBC – B||7%|
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Seat Intake
Check the seat intake for WBUAFS admission 2020.
|B.V.Sc & AH||83|
WBUAFS Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Check the fee structure of the courses offered at WBUAFS.
For B.V.Sc & AH Course
|Admission Fee||Rs 1000||Rs 1000|
|Tuition Fee (Recurring)||Rs 3600||Rs 3600|
|Development Fee (Recurring)||Rs 1000||Rs 2000|
|Laboratory Fee (Recurring)||Rs 1000||Rs 1000|
|Terms / Session Fee (Recurring)||Rs 400||Rs 400|
|Registration Fees||Rs 1000||Rs 1000|
|Identity Fees||Rs 50||Rs 50|
|Establishment Fee (Recurring)||Rs 800||Rs 800|
|Library Fees||Rs 50||Rs 50|
|Examination Fee (Recurring)||Rs 800||Rs 800|
|Mark sheet (Recurring)||Rs 100||Rs 100|
|Transcript||Rs 250||Rs 250|
|Library Deposit||Rs 500||Rs 500|
|Seat Rent (Recurring)||–||Rs 2400|
|Mess Entrance Fees||–||Rs 1000|
|Hostel Admission Fees||–||Rs 1500|
|Hostel Establishment (Recurring)||–||Rs 200|
|Mess Advance||–||Rs 1000|
|Students Health Home Charge||Rs 120||Rs 120|
|Academic Rules & Syllabi||Rs 100||Rs 100|
|University Uniform||Rs 3000||Rs 3000|
|Total||Rs 13,770||Rs 20,870|
For PG Courses
|Particulars||Day Scholar (Within |
|Day Scholar |
|Admission Fee||Rs 500||Rs 4000||Rs 500||Rs 4000|
|Tuition Fee (Recurring)||Rs 900||Rs 9000||Rs 900||Rs 9000|
|Development Fee (Recurring)||Rs 300||Rs 2000||Rs 300||Rs 2000|
|Laboratory Fee (Recurring)||Rs 250||Rs 1500||Rs 250||Rs 1500|
|Terms / Session Fee (Recurring)||Rs 100||Rs 1000||Rs 100||Rs 1000|
|Registration Fees||Rs 200||Rs 800||Rs 200||Rs 800|
|Seat Rent||–||–||Rs 500||Rs 1800|
|Mess Entrance Fee||–||–||Rs 200||Rs 1500|
|Mess Advance||–||–||Rs 500||Rs 1000|
|Identity Fees||Rs 50||Rs 50||Rs 50||Rs 50|
|Establishment Fee (Recurring)||Rs 200||Rs 900||Rs 200||Rs 900|
|Hostel Establishment Fee||–||–||Rs 100||Rs 900|
|Library Fees||Rs 50||Rs 100||Rs 50||Rs 100|
|Examination Fee (Recurring)||Rs 350||Rs 500||Rs 350||Rs 500|
|Mark sheet (Recurring)||Rs 50||Rs 100||Rs 50||Rs 100|
|Mess Caution Deposit (Recurring)||–||–||Rs 800||Rs 2000|
|Transcript||Rs 200||Rs 500||Rs 200||Rs 500|
|Academic Rules & Syllabi||Rs 200||Rs 200||Rs 200||Rs 200|
|Total||Rs 3,850||Rs 22,150||Rs 5,950||Rs 29,350|
About West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences was established in the year 1995. It is a public university situated in Kolkata. It offers different courses in Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries sciences. The university is recognized by UGC and is also accredited by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
Official Website: wbuafsce.org
FAQs for WBUAFS Admission 2020
Q. Where can I fill application form for WBUAFS admission 2020?
Q. Is there only one way to submit the application form for WBUAFS admission 2020?
Q. Is there any entrance test conducted by West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences?
Q. How is admission at West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences for UG courses done?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.