The University of Calcutta informally known as Calcutta University or CU is a public state university located in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), West Bengal, India established on 24 January 1857. By the foundation date, it is the first institution in South Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university.
University Of Calcutta Admission 2020
Within India, it is recognized as a Five Star University and a Centre with Potential for Excellence by the University Grants Commission and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Within all state universities all over India, this university had the highest number students who cleared the doctoral entrance eligibility exam in the sciences conducted by Government of India’s National Eligibility Test to become eligible to pursue research with a full scholarship awarded by the Government of India.
|Course||Entrance Test Date||More Information|
|M.Tech||to be announced!||Admission Notification 2019|
|MLIS||to be announced!||More Information (2018)|
|BA LLB||1st week of Jul 2020||BA LLB Entrance|
|B.Ed||Based on Merit||B.Ed Admission|
|BLIS||25 Aug 2019||BLIS Admission (2019)|
|MA / M.Sc (Eco.)||04 and 05 Jul 2019||MA / M.Sc Admission (2019)|
|M.Com||3rd week of Jul 2020||M.Com (Day and Evening)|
|B.Tech||–||Admission Notice | Mop Up Counselling Notice | Decentralized Counselling Notice | Application Form for Decentralized Counseling|
|RET||to be announced||RET Geology|
|LLM||to be announced||More Information|
|M.Ed||1st week of Jul 2020||More Information|
Official Website of Calcutta University: www.caluniv.ac.in.
Candidates selected for admission to 1 st year of 4-year B.Tech courses mentioned below in the University of Calcutta through WBJEE board after Counseling are requested to follow the schedule & instructions:
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Information Technology (IT)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Optics & Optoelectronics (OO)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering (EE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Instrumentation Engineering (IE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering (CE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Chemical Technology (CT)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Polymer Science & Technology(PST)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Jute &Fibre Technology (JFT)
Candidates alloted for admission in university of calcutta for the above course should follow the instructions given below:
- Allotted students should got registered first and filled up the application form through online at www.caluniv-ucsta.net/ www.caluniv.ac.in
- Students should registered first and filled up online application through this portal.
- To submit online application softcopy of recent Passport size ( 3.5cm x 3.5 cm.) colour photo ( in .jpd/jpeg format less than 20 kb size)
- To submit online application need scan copy of signature of the candidate (in jpg/ ijpeg format less than 20kb size)
- E-mail address should be less than 30 characters.
- Download & take a printout copy of the duly filled in application form after successful submission.
- Candidate needs to download the Format of Medical Certificate from the website and get a Medical Certificate in the prescribed format from Medical Practitioner.
- Candidate needs to download the Anti Ragging Format from the website and submit the same after signed by the Guardian and the candidate itself.
- Sign all pages of the application form as well as all documents
- Submit the application form along with the documents required.
Fee Structure for Students of 4-year B.Tech. Course Effective from 2020-2021 Academic session.
as per previous year’s trends
For foreign students, Tuition Fee will be $ 500.00 or equivalent INR per semester. All other fees will remain unchanged.
In addition to the above students have to bear Examination fee of Rs. 500.00 per Semester. Rs. 50.00 and Rs. 100.00 will be charged for issuing duplicate fee book and duplicate Identity Card respectively. University Registration fee to be paid separately if required.
University of Calcutta UG Admission In Home Science
Applications are invited from a female candidate from a recognized Board/Council qualifying H.S. or (10+2) level examination not earlier than 2014 for admission to the following Under Graduate Courses. Candidates have to pass English as a subject with full marks of 100. Application to be submitted through online only. Admission will be canceled if documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the form submitted online.
Admission Schedule for all U.G. Home Science Courses for the session 2020- 21
|U.G. Home Science Courses Admission Events||Important dates (Expected)|
|Date of online submission of forms||From Last week of May 2020|
|Date of submission of Application Fee||From Last week of May 2020|
|Display Draft Merit list||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Correction in Draft Merit list within (The purpose of publication of Draft merit list is meant for Correction of spelling, Marks Category, etc. if any)||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Display of First Provisional Selection list||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Dates of Admission for 1st Provisional Selection listed candidates
||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Publication of 2nd Provisional Selection list||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Admission for 2nd Provisional Selection listed candidates
||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Publication of next list||To be announced|
|Dates of Commencement of Classes||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Last date of change of subject||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Date of submission of registration forms to this Department by the students||Announced shortly|
The Eligibility Criteria for Admission in all U.G. Home Science Courses for the session 2020- 2021 is given below:
- 3-Years B.Sc. Core Corse (CC)- Food & Nutrition) (Hons) in Food & Nutrition)
- At least 50% marks in aggregate at (10+2) level
- At least Pass in Chemistry with 45% marks
- 3-Years B.Sc. Core Corse (CC)- Human Development (Hons in Human Development)
- At least 50% marks in aggregate at (10+2) level
- Related subject combination at HS level should be Sociology/Psychology/ Education/Home Management/ Chemistry/ Biology
Eligibility to apply for SC/ST/PC Candidates in both Hons. Courses be 40% marks in aggregate in (10+2) system.
No candidate from West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training are eligible to apply to the aforesaid courses. The students who were admitted in earlier sessions and appeared in B.A./B.Sc./B.Mus. (Honours/General) Part I Examination in 2018 or earlier shall not eligible.
U.G. Admission Application form
Application to be submitted through online only by logging on to www.caluniv-ucsta.net. After online submission pay application fee through Bill Desk then download and print out the following and kept them in custody:
- Application form
- e-Receipt from system
Submit print out of Application form, e-Receipt, self-attested copies of 10th standard Admit Card /Certificate & (10+2) level Marksheet, self-attested copies of SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD/BPL certificate(if applicable) and copy of Aadhar Card in the office of the Secretary, V.L.C. Campus at 20B & 20E Judges Court Road, Alipore, Kolkata-700027.
Draft Merit List
The University of Calcutta has released the draft merit list of U.G. Home Science Courses on the official website. Candidates can check the same through the official website or through the direct link provided below.
Official Website: www.caluniv-ucsta.net.
For more information about Admission in all U.G. Home Science Courses for session 2019-20 – Check Admission Notice.