Calcutta University Admission 2020 – Calcutta University conducts the admission process for various PG courses such as M.Tech, MA, M.Com, M.Sc / B.Tech, LLM etc. The candidates can fill the application form online at caluniv.ac.in. The admission in B.Tech course is given according to WBJEE. For PG courses, admission is based on merit. After submitting the application form, the merit list releases on the official website. Apart from PG courses, the university also offers admission in various courses at Undergraduate and Research level. Check more information about Calcutta University admission 2020 from this page.
– Calcutta University has released the list of eligible candidates for viva-voce of Ph.D. Entrance, 2019 (amended) for admission at Faculty of Law – Download PDF Here
– Calcutta University has released a notice for Ph.D. Entrance in Law (2019 viva-voce) – Download PDF Here
– Calcutta University has released the list of eligible candidates (After the entrance test) for the interview for admission at the Department of Human Rights – Download PDF Here
– Calcutta University has released the list of eligible candidates (After entrance test) for the interview for admission at the Department of Anthropology- Download PDF Here
Calcutta University has released the list of candidates for admission to the 4 yr.B.Tech course through Final Round Decentralised Counselling – Download PDF Here
– Calcutta University has postponed the interview schedule for Ph.D in South & Southeast Asian Studies, the new date will be notified soon. Click here to check the details.
– Calcutta University has released List of the eligible applicant for RET and Direct interview with notes on RET scheduled on December 27, 2020. Click here to check it
– Calcutta University has released the list of Applicants called for interview for admission to Ph.D in Applied Physics (Electrical Engineering). Click here to check it.
– Calcutta University has released the Provisional List of candidates eligible for admission to MBA-HRD Session 2020-22 Phase II. Click here to check it.
– Calcutta University has released Provisional 1st list of candidates eligible for Admission to MBA Session 2020-22. Click here to check the list
– Calcutta University has released Provisional list of candidates eligible for admission to MBA-HRD Session 2020-22. Click here to check the list.
– Calcutta University has released notice for 25 vacancies for Ph.D. registration in the Department of Biochemistry for the year 2020-2021 from eligible Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences and Physical Sciences. Click here to check it.
– Calcutta University has released notice regarding admission to MBA-HRD Course (Phase II) Department of Business Management. Click here to check the details.
– The date of submission/uploading of calculated marks by the Candidates of Part B (NON-CU Candidates) has been extended up to December 09, 2020. Stay here for the latest updates.
– Calcutta University has released the list of candidates shortlisted for interview for admission in PhD program. Click here to check it.
– Calcutta University has released the notice regarding Invitation for submission of ‘Requisition of vacancy’ for recruitment of PhD scholar(s) from enlisted supervisors, through RET. Click here to check it.
Calcutta University Admission 2020
The University of Calcutta has ranked 11 among the other universities/institutes of India in QS World Ranking 2020. Interested candidates can check the dates and link related to the courses for Calcutta University Admission 2020 from the table below.
For UG Courses
|Opening of the Admission Portal||10 Aug 2020|
|Last date to apply for BA LLB course||14 Aug 2020|
|Last date to apply for UG (Home Science course)||25 Aug 2020|
|Publication of Merit List||28 Aug 2020|
|Admission starts||01 Sep 2020|
|Last date of Admission||25 Sep 2020|
For PG courses
|Availability of application form||02 Nov 2020|
|Last date to submit the form||14 Nov 2020|
|Publishing of merit list||to be announced|
|Submission of claim for correction in provisional|
|to be announced|
Calcutta University Admission 2020 PG Courses – Last Date to Apply Extended
08 Dec 2020 – The date of submission / uploading of calculated marks by the Candidates of Part B (NON CU Candidates) has been extended up to December 09, 2020.
The last date to apply for PG courses at Calcutta University has been extended till November 14, 2020.
Calcutta University Admission 2020 JRF Notice
Calcutta University M.Tech Admission 2020 Notices
Click here to download the addendum
- Click here to download above the notice.
Calcutta University Admission 2020 – Notices
UG Vacant Seat Admission 2020 –
- Click here to download the above notice for vacant seat UG admission 2020.
- Click here to download UG admission notice.
PG Notice for Application Process –
Click here to download the Notice
Ph.D. RAC in Bengali Notice –
- Click here to download the above notice.
Counselling Notice for B.Tech
- Click here to check Calcutta University Admission 2020 Counselling Notice.
UG Admission Faculty of Home Science –
- Click here to download UG Admission Notice for Faculty of Home Science.
Earlier Notice –
Calcutta University Admission 2020 Application form
Candidates seeking admission into Calcutta University will have to fill the online application form. University will release the online application form on the official website. Candidates have to fill the valid details required in the form and have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in their prescribed format. After submitting the details and images, candidates will have to pay the online application fee as per the courses. After that, the application form is to sent along with the documents required to the University before the last date.
Application Fee – Check the application fee from the table below:
|Courses||Fee for UR||Fee for SC/ST/PWD|
|M.A & M.Sc||NA||NA|
|B.A. L.L.B||Rs 500||Rs.250|
Courses Offered by the University of Calcutta
Candidates applying for Calcutta University must check the courses offered by the Calcutta University for academic year 2020 from below:
- BA LLB
Calcutta University 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the courses, candidates must fulfill the mentioned below elgibility criteria as per norms of University:
- B.Sc. Hons- Food & Nutrition – Candidates must have completed 10+2 level education with at least 50% aggregate marks (40% for reserved categories) and passed in chemistry with 45% marks
- B.Sc. Hons – Human Development – Must have completed 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate marks with the related combination of subjects like Sociology/ Psychology/ Education/ Home Management/ Chemistry/ Biology (40% for SC/ST/PC Candidates)
- B.A. LL.B – Candidate must have completed the 10+2 from any recognized board with at least 45% marks in best four subjects and 40% for reserved categories.
- Integrated B.Lib.I.Sc.-M.Lib.I.Sc – Candidates who have completed Bachelor Degree with Honours (10 + 2+ 3) in Library studies or in any other subject
- M.Tech. – The candidates are granted admission according to the marks in B.Tech and GATE.
- B.Ed – Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Humanities/ Social Science with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
- M.Com – Must have completed B.Com Honors from CU or any other university not before than 2019
- B.Tech – Candidates who have completed 10+2 and have qualified WBJEE can fill the online application.
- MA/M.Sc – Candidate must have done BA (Hons.) / B.Sc (Hons.) / M.Sc (Hons.) (valid for some courses only) / MA (applicable for some courses only)
Calcutta University 2020 Admission Criteria
After the registration, for some courses candidates will have to appear for the entrance exam and for some courses University will release the merit list prepared on the basis of the qualifying examination. Check the admission criteria for the courses from below :
|B.Ed||Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the qualifying examination|
|M.Ed||Previous year qualifying exam|
|M.Tech.||On the basis of GATE (70% weightage) and qualifying marks (30% weightage) or Interview|
|M.A & M.Sc||Marks obtained in the Honours subjects and Core, Skill Enhancement, Discipline Specific|
|B.A. L.L.B||On basis of the marks and rank scored in Entrance exam|
|M.Com||On the basis of the qualifying examination (B.Com) marks|
|B.Tech||On the basis of the score and rank in WBJEE|
|B.Sc (FN & HD)||On the basis of the previous year qualifying marks|
Calcutta University 2020 Counselling Process
University will release the merit list of each course of the selected candidates on the official website. Qualified candidates will receive a call letter for the counseling process. According to the date, time and venue mentioned in the letter candidates have to report at the centre along with the documents and written application of options/ choices. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the preferences and the merit list of the course.
Calcutta University 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates have to pay the fee after the allotment of the seat. Check the fee structure of Calcutta University as per last year from below:
|Course||Total Fee (p.a)|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) F&N/H.D.||Rs. 1,624|
|B.Tech||Rs. 5472 (1st semester)|
|B.Ed (Deputed candidates)||Rs. 12,588|
|B.Ed (Fresher students)||Rs. 2988|
Calcutta University 2020 Seat Details
Candidates can check the total seats offered by the Calcutta University of all the courses from below:
|M.Com ( CU Candidates)||251|
|M.Com (40% SEATS FOR C.U, NON-C.U candidates)||168|
About Calcutta University
University of Calcutta was established on 24 January 1857, it was the first institution which was established as multidisciplinary in Asia. In India, it is recognized as a ‘Five Star University’. It was ranked on 12th in the NIRF ranking of India in 2019 and in QS world rankings 2020 of Top 1000 universities it is ranked between 801-1000. Currently, this university has 18 research centers, 136 affiliated colleges in across West Bengal and 11,000 post-graduate students
For getting more details about Calcutta University M.Tech Admission 2020 Download –
- The registration process for UG Courses
- The registration process for PG and Professional Courses
- Verification of Registration Process for UG Courses
- Online Portal of Registration for both U.G. & P.G. level students
- The Admission Notice.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.