The University of Calcutta informally known as Calcutta University or CU is a public state university located in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), West Bengal, India established on 24 January 1857. By foundation date, it is the first institution in South Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university.
University Of Calcutta Admission 2018
Within India it is recognized as a Five Star University and a Centre with Potential for Excellence by the University Grants Commission and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Within all state universities all over India, this university had the highest number students who cleared the doctoral entrance eligibility exam in the sciences conducted by Government of India’s National Eligibility Test to become eligible to pursue research with full scholarship awarded by the Government of India.
|Course||Entrance Test Date||More Information|
|MLIS||21 Dec 2017||More Information|
|BA LLB||4th week of June 2018||BA LLB Entrance|
|B.Ed||Based on Merit||B.Ed Admission|
|BLIS||1st week of Jun 2018||BLIS Admission|
|MA / M.Sc (Eco.)||3rd week of Jul 2018||MA / M.Sc Admission|
|M.Com||3rd week of Jul 2018||M.Com (Day and Evening)|
|B.Tech||–||Admission Notice | Mop Up Counselling Notice | Decentralized Counselling Notice | Application Form for Decentralized Counseling|
|RET||4th week of Feb 2018||RET Geology|
|LLM||4th week of Sep 2018||More Information|
|M.Ed||18 Jul 2018||More Information|
|M.Tech||23 to 24 Jun 2018||Information Brochure|
|Post-B.Sc in Jute Technology and Management||To be announced||More Information previous year notification|
|PG Diploma Jute Technology and Management||4th week of Jul 2018||More Information previous year notification|
Official Website of Calcutta University: www.caluniv.ac.in.
Candidates selected for admission to 1 st year of 4 year B.Tech courses mentioned below in the University of Calcutta through WBJEE board after Counseling are requested to follow the schedule & instructions:
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Information Technology (IT)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Optics & Optoelectronics (OO)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering (EE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Instrumentation Engineering (IE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering (CE)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Chemical Technology (CT)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Polymer Science & Technology(PST)
- 4 Yr .B.Tech. in Jute &Fibre Technology (JFT)
Candidates alloted for admission in university of calcutta for the above course should follow the instructions given below:
- Allotted students should got registered first and filled up the application form through online at www.caluniv-ucsta.net/ www.caluniv.ac.in
- Students should registered first and filled up online application through this portal.
- To submit online application softcopy of recent Passport size ( 3.5cm x 3.5 cm.) colour photo ( in .jpd/jpeg format less than 20 kb size)
- To submit online application need scan copy of signature of the candidate (in jpg/ ijpeg format less than 20kb size)
- E-mail address should be less than 30 characters.
- Download & take a printout copy of the duly filled in application form after successful submission.
- Candidate needs to download the Format of Medical Certificate from the website and get a Medical Certificate in the prescribed format from Medical Practitioner.
- Candidate needs to download the Anti Ragging Format from the website and submit the same after signed by the Guardian and the candidate itself.
- Sign all pages of application form as well as all documents
- Submit the application form along with the documents required.
Fee Structure for Students of 4-year B.Tech. Course Effective from 2018-2019 Academic session.
For foreign students Tuition Fee will be $ 500.00 or equivalent INR per semester. All other fees will remain unchanged.
In addition to the above students have to bear Examination fee of Rs. 500.00 per Semester. Rs. 50.00 and Rs. 100.00 will be charged for issuing duplicate fee book and duplicate Identity Card respectively. University Registration fee to be paid separately if required.
For more details on University Of Calcutta B.Tech Admission 2018, download Notification.