Calcutta University Admission 2021 – Calcutta University has released the Merit List for UG courses. The direct link to download the Merit List is given below. The university offers admission to various UG and PG courses. The admission in B.Tech course is given according to WBJEE. The entrance test is held for admission into PG courses. The test is conducted in an online mode. Apart from UG and PG courses, the university also offers admission in various courses at the Research level. Check more information about Calcutta University admission 2021 from this page.
Latest – Calcutta University released Draft Merit List for UG courses.
– The university has released an application form for M.Tech courses. Click here to apply.
– Calcutta University has released the notification regarding Online admissions for the Academic Session 2021-22 to all UG & PG Courses. Scroll down to check the details.
– Calcutta University has released the notification for Ph.D (RET) Admission 2021 at A. K Choudhury School of Information Technology. Click here to check it.
– Calcutta University has released notification for MBA (Financial Management) 2021. Click here to check the details.
Calcutta University Admission 2021
The University of Calcutta has ranked 11 among the other universities/institutes of India in QS World Ranking 2021. Interested candidates can check the dates and link related to the courses for Calcutta University Admission 2021 from the table below.
For M.Tech Courses:
|Notification||02 Aug 2021|
|Commencement of Online Registration||02 – 16 Aug 2021|
|Part-B list of candidates called for|
interview to be published
|20 Aug 2021|
|Claim for correction if any for Part-B||23 Aug 2021|
|Schedule of Interview for Part-B||Last week of Aug 2021|
|Uploading of passed Final Marksheet||To be announced|
|Publication of Draft Merit List||To be announced|
|Publication of 1st selection list of Part-A||To be announced|
|Publication of 1st selection list of Part-B||To be announced|
|Date of admission of 1st Selection of Part-A||To be announced|
|Date of admission of 1st Selection of Part-B||To be announced|
|Commencement of Class||To be announced|
For UG Courses
|Opening of the Admission Portal for UG Courses||02 Aug 2021|
|Last date to apply for UG Courses||20 Aug 2021|
|Publication of Merit List||31 Aug 2021|
|Completion of Admission at the UG Course||30 Sep 2021|
|Start of 1st semester of UG Course||01 Oct 2021|
For PG courses
|Publication of Result of Final Semester of UG Courses||31 Aug 2021|
|Availability of application form||01 Sep 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||15 Sep 2021|
|Publishing of merit list||20 Sep 2021|
|Completion of Admission at the PG Course||25 Oct 2021|
|Start of 1st semester of PG Course||Last week of Oct 2021|
Calcutta University Admission 2021 Notification
Click here to download the notification.
Calcutta University Admission 2021 Application form
Candidates seeking admission into Calcutta University will have to fill the online application form. University will release the online application form on the official website. Candidates have to fill the valid details required in the form and have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in their prescribed format. After submitting the details and images, candidates will have to pay the online application fee as per the courses. After that, the application form is to sent along with the documents required to the University before the last date.
Application Fee – Check the last year application fee from the table below:
|Courses||Fee for UR||Fee for SC/ST/PWD|
|M.A & M.Sc||NA||NA|
|B.A. L.L.B||Rs 500||Rs.250|
Courses Offered by the University of Calcutta
Candidates applying for Calcutta University must check the courses offered by the Calcutta University for academic year 2021 from below:
- BA LLB
Calcutta University 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the courses, candidates must fulfill the mentioned below elgibility criteria as per norms of University:
- B.Sc. Hons- Food & Nutrition – Candidates must have completed 10+2 level education with at least 50% aggregate marks (40% for reserved categories) and passed in chemistry with 45% marks
- B.Sc. Hons – Human Development – Must have completed 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate marks with the related combination of subjects like Sociology/ Psychology/ Education/ Home Management/ Chemistry/ Biology (40% for SC/ST/PC Candidates)
- B.A. LL.B – Candidate must have completed the 10+2 from any recognized board with at least 45% marks in best four subjects and 40% for reserved categories.
- Integrated B.Lib.I.Sc.-M.Lib.I.Sc – Candidates who have completed Bachelor Degree with Honours (10 + 2+ 3) in Library studies or in any other subject
- M.Tech. – The candidates are granted admission according to the marks in B.Tech and GATE.
- B.Ed – Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Humanities/ Social Science with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
- M.Com – Must have completed B.Com Honors from CU or any other university not before than 2019
- B.Tech – Candidates who have completed 10+2 and have qualified WBJEE can fill the online application.
- MA/M.Sc – Candidate must have done BA (Hons.) / B.Sc (Hons.) / M.Sc (Hons.) (valid for some courses only) / MA (applicable for some courses only)
Calcutta University 2021 Admission Criteria
After the registration, for some courses candidates will have to appear for the entrance exam and for some courses University will release the merit list prepared on the basis of the qualifying examination. Check the admission criteria for the courses from below :
|B.Ed||Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the qualifying examination|
|M.Ed||Previous year qualifying exam|
|M.Tech.||On the basis of GATE (70% weightage) and qualifying marks (30% weightage) or Interview|
|M.A & M.Sc||Marks obtained in the Honours subjects and Core, Skill Enhancement, Discipline Specific|
|B.A. L.L.B||On basis of the marks and rank scored in Entrance exam|
|M.Com||On the basis of the qualifying examination (B.Com) marks|
|B.Tech||On the basis of the score and rank in WBJEE|
|B.Sc (FN & HD)||On the basis of the previous year qualifying marks|
Calcutta University 2021 Counselling Process
University has release the merit list of UG course of the selected candidates on the official website. Qualified candidates will receive a call letter for the counseling process. According to the date, time and venue mentioned in the letter candidates have to report at the centre along with the documents and written application of options/ choices. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the preferences and the merit list of the course.
Calcutta University 2021 Fee Structure
Candidates have to pay the fee after the allotment of the seat. Check the fee structure of Calcutta University as per last year from below:
|Course||Total Fee (p.a)|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) F&N/H.D.||Rs. 1,624|
|B.Tech||Rs. 5472 (1st semester)|
|B.Ed (Deputed candidates)||Rs. 12,588|
|B.Ed (Fresher students)||Rs. 2988|
Calcutta University 2021 Seat Details
Candidates can check the total seats offered by the Calcutta University of all the courses as per last year from below:
|M.Com ( CU Candidates)||251|
|M.Com (40% SEATS FOR C.U, NON-C.U candidates)||168|
About Calcutta University
University of Calcutta was established on 24 January 1857, it was the first institution which was established as multidisciplinary in Asia. In India, it is recognized as a ‘Five Star University’. It was ranked on 12th in the NIRF ranking of India in 2019 and in QS world rankings 2020 of Top 1000 universities it is ranked between 801-1000. Currently, this university has 18 research centers, 136 affiliated colleges in across West Bengal and 11,000 post-graduate students
For getting more details about Calcutta University M.Tech Admission 2021 Download Admission Notification
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.