Calcutta University Admission 2020 – Calcutta University offers admission into various courses at UG, PG, and Research level. Eligible candidates can check and read the complete instruction about the eligibility criteria, application, and selection process in order to take admission at Calcutta University. For some courses, the university conducts an entrance test and in some courses, admission is given on the basis of the marks of the qualifying examination. Check more information about Calcutta University admission 2020 from this page.
– Calcutta University has released the M.tech Admission Notice. Scroll down to check.
– Calcutta University has released the final merit list for RET Chemistry 2020. Click here to check it.
– Calcutta University has released the notice regarding UG Vacant Seats. Scroll down to check.
– Calcutta University has released the Merit List of Successful Candidates of RET and Admission Notice for PG. Get all the details from below.
– Calcutta University has released the notice regarding Ph.D. RAC in Bengali. Scroll down to check.
– Calcutta University has released the final merit list for RET Genetics 2020. Click here to check it.
Calcutta University Admission 2020
The University of Calcutta has ranked 11 among the other universities/institutes of India in QS World Ranking 2020. Interested candidates can check the dates and link related to the courses for Calcutta University Admission 2020 from the table below.
For UG Courses
|Opening of the Admission Portal||10 Aug 2020|
|Last date to apply for BA LLB course||14 Aug 2020|
|Last date to apply for UG (Home Science course)||25 Aug 2020|
|Publication of Merit List||28 Aug 2020|
|Admission starts||01 Sep 2020|
|Last date of Admission||25 Sep 2020|
Calcutta University M.Tech Admission 2020 Notices
- Click here to download above the notice.
Calcutta University Admission 2020 – Notices
UG Vacant Seat Admission 2020 –
- Click here to download the above notice for vacant seat UG admission 2020.
- Click here to download UG admission notice.
PG Notice for Application Process –
Click here to download the Notice
Ph.D. RAC in Bengali Notice –
- Click here to download the above notice.
Counselling Notice for B.Tech
- Click here to check Calcutta University Admission 2020 Counselling Notice.
UG Admission Faculty of Home Science –
- Click here to download UG Admission Notice for Faculty of Home Science.
Earlier Notice –
Courses Offered by the University of Calcutta
Candidates applying for Calcutta University must check the courses offered by the Calcutta University for academic year 2020 from below:
- BA LLB
Calcutta University 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the courses, candidates must fulfill the mentioned below elgibility criteria as per norms of University:
- B.Sc. Hons- Food & Nutrition – Candidates must have completed 10+2 level education with at least 50% aggregate marks (40% for reserved categories) and passed in chemistry with 45% marks
- B.Sc. Hons – Human Development – Must have completed 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate marks with the related combination of subjects like Sociology/ Psychology/ Education/ Home Management/ Chemistry/ Biology (40% for SC/ST/PC Candidates)
- B.A. LL.B – Candidate must have completed the 10+2 from any recognized board with at least 45% marks in best four subjects and 40% for reserved categories.
- Integrated B.Lib.I.Sc.-M.Lib.I.Sc – Candidates who have completed Bachelor Degree with Honours (10 + 2+ 3) or Master’s Degree in any stream from a recognized university.
- M.Tech. – Candidates who have completed B.Tech with at least 60% marks and have a valid GATE score can apply for M.Tech
- B.Ed – Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Humanities/ Social Science with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
- M.Ed – Candidate must have completed B.Ed/ BElEd/ BScEd/ BAEd/ D.El.Ed/ D.Ed with minimum 55% marks. Relaxation of 5 marks for SC, ST, and PWD.
- M.Com – Must have completes B.Com honors with 50% aggregate marks from any recognized University
- B.Tech – Candidates who have completed 10+2 and have qualified WBJEE can fill the online application.
- MA/M.Sc – Candidate must have completed 3 Years Hons. in B.A/B.Sc./ B.Com/B.E/B.Tech./MBBS/4 Year B.Sc. (Ag) / 5 years LLB.
Calcutta University Admission 2020 Application form
Candidates seeking admission into Calcutta University will have to fill the online application form. University will release the online application form on the official website. Candidates have to fill the valid details required in the form and have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in their prescribed format. After submitting the details and images, candidates will have to pay the online application fee as per the courses. After that, the application form is to sent along with the documents required to the University before the last date.
Application Fee – Check the application fee as per last year of all courses from the table below:
|Courses||Fee for UR||Fee for SC/ST/PWD|
|M.Com||Rs. 200||Rs. 100|
|B.Ed & M.Ed||Rs. 300||Rs. 150|
|M.Tech.||Rs. 400||Rs. 200|
|LLM||Rs. 400||Rs. 200|
|B.Tech||Rs. 200||Rs. 100|
|M.A & M.Sc||Rs. 200||Rs. 100|
|B.A. L.L.B||Rs 500||Rs.250|
Calcutta University 2020 Admission Criteria
After the registration, for some courses candidates will have to appear for the entrance exam and for some courses University will release the merit list prepared on the basis of the qualifying examination. Check the admission criteria for the courses from below :
|B.Ed||Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the qualifying examination|
|M.Ed||On the basis of the Entrance exam conducted by Calcutta University|
|M.Tech.||On the basis of GATE (70% weightage) and qualifying marks (30% weightage) and Interview or University Entracne exam|
|B.Tech||On the basis of the score in WBJEE examination|
|M.A & M.Sc||selection for 60% seats will be on the basis of Qualifying marks for Calcutta University students and 40% seats is based on entrance exam for Non C.U. and C.U students.|
|B.A. L.L.B||On basis of the marks and rank scored in Entrance exam|
|M.Com||On the basis of the qualifying examination (B.Com) marks|
|B.Tech||On the basis of the score and rank in WBJEE|
|B.Sc (FN & HD)||On the basis of the previou year qualifying marks|
Calcutta University 2020 Counselling Process
University will release the merit list of each course of the selected candidates on the official website. Qualified candidates will receive a call letter for the counseling process. According to the date, time and venue mentioned in the letter candidates have to report at the centre along with the documents and written application of options/ choices. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the preferences and the merit list of the course.
Calcutta University 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates have to pay the fee after the allotment of the seat. Check the fee structure of Calcutta University as per last year from below:
|Course||Total Fee (p.a)|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) F&N/H.D.||Rs. 1,624|
|B.Tech||Rs. 5472 (1st semester)|
|B.Ed (Deputed candidates)||Rs. 12,588|
|B.Ed (Fresher students)||Rs. 2988|
Calcutta University 2020 Seat Details
Candidates can check the total seats offered by the Calcutta University of all the courses from below:
|M.Com ( CU Candidates)||251|
|M.Com (40% SEATS FOR C.U, NON-C.U candidates)||168|
About Calcutta University
University of Calcutta was established on 24 January 1857, it was the first institution which was established as multidisciplinary in Asia. In India, it is recognized as a ‘Five Star University’. It was ranked on 12th in the NIRF ranking of India in 2019 and in QS world rankings 2020 of Top 1000 universities it is ranked between 801-1000. Currently, this university has 18 research centers, 136 affiliated colleges in across West Bengal and 11,000 post-graduate students
For getting more details about Calcutta University M.Tech Admission 2020 – Download The Admission Notice.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.