Visva-Bharati is a pilgrimage for education and culture. It reflects the Tagorean ethos of making a complete human being. It is a hallowed place of learning cradled in a serene environment in the lap of Nature where Rabindranath founded a school for children at Santiniketan and it was around this nucleus that the structure of an unconventional University developed through careful planning and meticulous execution of those ideas and ideals.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2018
Visva-Bharati Santiniketan has released notification for eligible candidates to admission in various undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate, diploma, advanced diploma courses for the academic year 2018-19.
The objectives of the University include harmonizing the cultures of India, the East and the West by, among other things, the admission of students and appointment of adhyapakas from various regions of India and various countries of the world and by providing incentive thereof.
|Submission of Application starts||03 May 2018|
|Last date to submit Application form|
|Online publication of results||25 Jun 2018|
|Admission from first Merit List||30 Jun 2018|
|Counselling For Vacant seats||17 Aug 2018|
|Admission from Second Merit List||06 Aug 2018|
|Commencement of the Classes||To be Announced|
Schedule of PG Entrance Test
Schedule of Pre-Degree, UG, Certificate, Diploma & Advanced Diploma Entrance Test
List of Candidates: Click here to check the List of candidates called for counselling for Admission to different Certificate /Diploma /Advanced Diploma / PhD Courses on September 16, 2018.
Important notices and Admission information regarding Visva Bharati University Admission 2018 are provided below. Interested candidates can check the link below.
- Click here to check the list of candidates called for Counseling for Admission to different Undergraduate / Postgraduate / Certificate / PhD Courses on September 08, 2018.
- Click here to check the Notification regarding M.Phil Admission.
- Click here to check the Notification regarding PhD Admission.
- Click here to check the list of candidates called for Counseling/Verification for Admission to different Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Courses on 13 August 2018.
- Click here to check the Notice for Second Counselling ISERC 2018.
- Click here to check Admission notice for PG programmes for Round 2.
- Click here to check Admission Notice for Round 5 Verification.
- Click Here to check the Notice regarding Admission to Five-Year Integrated M.Sc. 2018
- Click Here to check the Notice regarding Admission (Round 2) for Pre-degree and different Undergraduate courses of Visva-Bharati 2018.
- Click Here to check the Round 2: Autogenerated Upgraded (as per GOI Reservation Policy)Second Round Calling list, Verification Dated Jul 07, 2018.
- Click Here to check the Notification for Third Round Verification to be held on 17-07-2018 :
- Click Here to check the Admission (Round 3) for Pre-degree (External) and different Undergraduate courses of Visva-Bharati 2018 –
- Click Here to check the Admission (Round 4) for Pre-degree (External) and different Undergraduate courses of Visva-Bharati 2018-
- Click Here to check the Notice for Modalities for Ph.D. Admission in Department of Social Work PSV
- Click here for the notice of Admission (Round 1) for Pre-degree and different Undergraduate courses of Visva-Bharati.
The application forms for Visva Bharati University Admission 2018 has been released for various courses for the academic year 2018-2019. The courses offered by the university include UG, PG, Diploma and other courses. Eligible candidates can apply for the admission forms from the official website or from the quick links given above.
For Under-Graduate Programme
For Post-Graduate Programme
For eligibility criteria of all other courses, candidates can refer to information brochure given below in the page.
The Amit card for the examination will be released two weeks before the examination. Candidates who will successfully submit their application will be able to download the admit card from the official website or from the quick links given above.
The results will be announced after the successful completion of the examination. The University will release a merit list for shortlisted candidates who will be called for further rounds. Candidates can check results for various courses examination from the official website or from the quick links given above in the page.
Reservation for the Applicants
- General and OBC Candidates are eligible to apply for admission, subject to fulfillment of departmental criteria (separate for general and OBC candidates) as given in the respective Bhavana’s eligibility criteria. Such conditions do not apply to SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Reservation for SC, ST, OBC & DA(previously PWD) (Differently able) candidates : (as per Govt. Rules)
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/Differently able candidates shall be as per Government rules as applicable at the time of admission. As per the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, reservation for OBC candidates shall not include socially advanced persons (commonly known as the ‘creamy layer’). The onus of establishing that an OBC candidate does not belong to the ‘creamy layer’ shall rest with the candidate.
Certificates in respect of SC/ST/OBC/Differently able candidates should be issued by appropriate authorities authorized by the respective Government in this regard within their respective jurisdictions (e.g. District Magistrate/District Collector/ Additional District Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Officer/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Deputy Collector/Executive Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Stipendiary Assistant Commissioner (not below the rank of First Class Magistrate)/ Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate/Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar/Deputy Commissioners/First Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/ Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/ Collector of Stamp Revenue, Calcutta/Deputy Collector of Land Revenue, Calcutta). Certificates issued by an appropriate authority, who have been authorized by the Government to issue such certificates in case of candidates claiming to be Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates and ordinarily residing within such jurisdictions, may only be accepted.
Instruction to Candidates
- Modalities for Admission are specified in the relevant section in each Bhavana in the Prospectus. Students must apply through ONLINE only except B.Ed and M.Ed course.
- The qualifying marks for admission shall be 30 out of 100 for general candidates and 27 out of 100 for OBC candidates (wherever applicable). There shall be no qualifying marks in case of SC/ST candidates.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected.
- Applicants must produce their original final mark sheets of previous public examinations and other relevant documents along with attested photo-copies at the time of admission to various courses failing which his/her candidature will not be considered for admission.
- In case of the grading system in 10+2 result, the applicants must obtain the percentage of marks for their grades mentioned in the mark sheets otherwise against the grade the minimum marks in the range (mentioned against the grade) will be considered for the calculation. Candidates coming from other Universities/Institutions must submit Migration Certificates from their respective Universities / Institutions within 6 (six) months from the date of their admission to this University as per rules; otherwise, their admissions are liable to be canceled.
- The Medical Insurance is mandatory. All candidates are required to pay medical insurance fee Rs.332/- only at the time of admission.
- It is mandatory for all admitted students to be present in the class for at least seven days out of the first two weeks of commencement of class.
- 15% of intake capacity at the University level will be made available for international students/foreign students which will be calculated as supernumerary seats. 5% of seats out of the 15% supernumerary seats for admission of foreign students shall be earmarked for children of Indian workers in the Gulf and South East Asia.
For more information about CG PAT 2018 Download Brochure.