Visva-Bharati is a pilgrimage for education and culture. It reflects the Tagorean ethos of making a complete human being. It is a hallowed place of learning cradled in a serene environment in the lap of Nature where Rabindranath founded a school for children at Santiniketan and it was around this nucleus that the structure of an unconventional University developed through careful planning and meticulous execution of those ideas and ideals.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2017
Visva-Bharati Santiniketan has released notification from eligible candidates to admission in various undergraduate, post graduate, certificate, diploma, advance diploma courses for the academic year 2017-18.
The objectives of the University shall also include harmonizing the cultures of India, the East and the West by, among other things, the admission of students and appointment of adhyapakas from various regions of India and various countries of the world and by providing incentive thereof.
|Submission of Application starts||29 Apr 2017|
|Last date to submit Application form|
|Last Date for all courses except B.Ed and M.Ed has been extended|
|Online publication of results||Jun 2017|
|Admission from first Merit List||Jun 2017|
|Admission from Second Merit List||Jun 2017|
|Commencement of the Classes||Jul 2017|
Reservation for the Applicants
- General and OBC Candidates are eligible to apply for admission, subject to fulfillment of departmental criteria (separate for general and OBC candidates) as given in the respective Bhavana’s eligibility criteria. Such conditions do not apply to SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Reservation for SC, ST, OBC & DA(previously PWD) (Differently able) candidates : (as per Govt. Rules)
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/Differently able candidates shall be as per Government rules as applicable at the time of admission. As per the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, reservation for OBC candidates shall not include socially advanced persons (commonly known as the ‘creamy layer’). The onus of establishing that an OBC candidate does not belong to the ‘creamy layer’ shall rest with the candidate.
Certificates in respect of SC/ST/OBC/Differently able candidates should be issued by appropriate authorities authorized by the respective Government in this regard within their respective jurisdictions (e.g. District Magistrate/District Collector/ Additional District Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Officer/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Deputy Collector/Executive Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Stipendiary Assistant Commissioner (not below the rank of First Class Magistrate)/ Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate/Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar/Deputy Commissioners/First Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/ Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/ Collector of Stamp Revenue, Calcutta/Deputy Collector of Land Revenue, Calcutta). Certificates issued by an appropriate authority, who have been authorized by the Government to issue such certificates in case of candidates claiming to be Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates and ordinarily residing within such jurisdictions, may only be accepted.
Instruction to Candidates
- Modalities for Admission are specified in the relevant section in each Bhavana in the Prospectus. Students must apply through ONLINE only except B.Ed and M.Ed course.
- The qualifying marks for admission shall be 30 out of 100 for general candidates and 27 out of 100 for OBC candidates (wherever applicable). There shall be no qualifying marks in case of SC/ST candidates.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected.
- Applicants must produce their original final mark sheets of previous public examinations and other relevant documents along with attested photo-copies at the time of admission to various courses failing which his/her candidature will not be considered for admission.
- In case of grading system in 10+2 result, the applicants must obtain the percentage of marks for their grades mentioned in the marksheets otherwise against the grade the minimum marks in the range (mentioned against the grade) will be considered for the calculation. Candidates coming from other Universities/Institutions must submit Migration Certificates from their respective Universities / Institutions within 6 (six) months from the date of their admission to this University as per rules; otherwise their admissions are liable to be cancelled.
- The Medical Insurance is mandatory. All candidates are required to pay medical insurance fee Rs.332/- only at the time of admission.
- It is mandatory for all admitted students to be present in the class for at least seven days out of first two weeks of commencement of class.
- 15% of intake capacity at the University level will be made available for international students/foreign students which will be calculated as supernumerary seats. 5% of seats out of the 15% supernumerary seats for admission of foreign students shall be earmarked for children of Indian workers in the Gulf and south East Asia.
For checking Eligibility and other details for various courses candidates are advised to download Information Brochure.