Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 is conducted at the national level by Visva Bharati Santiniketan. It offers various admission in various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses for the academic year 2019-20. In order to take admission, candidates are required to fill the application form of Visva Bharati University 2019, which will be available at the official website, vbu.ucanapply.com. The selection of the candidates will be based on the Admission Tests in courses (wherever applicable) by the concerned department. Candidates can get more details related to Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 by referring to this article.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019
The University has been founded by Rabindranath Tagore. International students can also apply at the University. Before joining any course, foreign students are subjected to meet the academic requirements and also obtain clearance from the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, to study in India. To know the important dates, candidates can refer to the table given below.
|Commencement of Online Application forms||1st week of May 2019|
|Last date for the submission of Application form||2nd week of Jun 2019|
|Publication of results (Online)||Last week of Jun 2019|
|Admission from first Merit List||Last week of Jun 2019|
|Counseling For Vacant seats||3rd week of Aug 2019|
|Admission from Second Merit List||1st week of Aug 2019|
|Commencement of the Classes||To be Announced|
Aspiring candidates can check the courses offered in the Visva Bharati University 2019.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria specified for each course and then proceed to fill the application form of Visva Bharati University Admission 2019. Candidates can also check the number of seats available in each course category wise (as per the last year) to have an idea about the total availability of seats in each course. In case of any changes in the seat matrix of any courses after the release of the latest information then, details will be updated here.
For Under-Graduate Programme
For Post-Graduate Programme
To know detailed eligibility criteria of all other courses, candidates can refer to information brochure given below on this page.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 Application Form
The application forms for Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 will be released in online mode for all UG, PG, Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses. Interested candidates will be able to fill the application form by visiting the official website, vbu.ucanapply.com. In the Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 application form, a student has to fill in their personal details, contact details, and academic qualifications like the name of the candidate, gender, date of birth, category, valid mobile number, E-mail ID etc. After filling up the necessary details, candidates are also required to upload scanned photograph (4 cm x 3 cm) and signature.
To complete the process of application, candidates will have to pay the prescribed fee as well. Candidates can refer to the details given in the table below. The application fee is as per the records of last year. So, aspiring candidates can have an idea about the same. In case there will be any changes in the application fee after the release of the latest brochure then, details will be updated here.
|Category||For the first subject||For each additional subject|
|General & OBC||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-|
|SC, ST & PWD||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 75/-|
Note: Candidates must note that Incomplete applications will get summarily rejected/canceled.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 Admit Card
The hall ticket will be released in online mode, visvabharati.ac.in. It is advised that candidates should take the print out of the admit card prior to the day of examination. The Visva Bharati 2019 admit card will be issued after the verification of all Mark sheets, Certificates & other Testimonials in original. The admit card will be issued for only those courses for which entrance exams are conducted. The exam center and exact venue of the examination will be given on the admit card of Visva Bharati 2019. The admit card acts as a key to enter the test center so, candidates should not forget to carry the same on the exam date.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 Test Centers
For the courses in which Admission Tests will be conducted was held at Santiniketan and Sriniketan (as per the last year). The date and venue will be further notified on the University website or on the Bhavana Notice Board. The information is on the last year basis. In case of any changes in the examination centers after the release of the latest information then, details will be updated here.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 Result
The result of Visva Bharati 2019 will be announced after the successful completion of the entrance examination. Candidates can check results for all courses examination from the official website, www.visvabharati.ac.in. The Visva Bharati 2019 result is expected to be declared in last week of June 2019. The University will be releasing a merit list for shortlisted candidates who will be called for further rounds. Candidates who will be clearing the entrance examination will be called for the rounds of counseling and further admission process.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 Cutoff
Candidates will have to obtain the qualifying marks in order to be eligible for the further rounds of admission. It is compulsory for the candidates to score 30 out of 100 for general candidates and 27 out of 100 for OBC candidates (wherever applicable) to clear the entrance examination. There shall be no qualifying marks in case of candidates belonging to the reserved category like SC/ST.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 Counseling
Candidates who will be obtaining more than the cut off marks will eligible for the round of counseling. The authoritative body will release the latest updates and the candidates qualified for the counseling on the university website. Qualified candidates will be called for the counseling round as per the number of seats available, merit and eligibility. On the day of counseling, candidates are required to bring the following documents given below.
- Photocopy of application form
- Marksheets and certificates of all the academic levels (original)
- Date of Birth proof
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- Candidates of OBC category will have to present the certificate along with annual income certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Fitness certificate issued from a medical practitioner
Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 Reservation for the Applicants
- Reservation for SC, ST, OBC & DA (previously PWD) (Differently abled) candidates are eligible to get the reservation as per the Govt. Rules.
- As per the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, the reservation shall not be applicable to socially advanced persons of OBC category also know as ‘creamy layer’.
- 15% of the total seats will be available for international students/foreign students which will be calculated as supernumerary seats. 5% of seats out of the 15% supernumerary seats for admission of foreign students shall also be earmarked for children of Indian workers in the Gulf and South East Asia.
Certificates in respect of SC/ST/OBC/Differently able candidates must be issued by the competent authority (District Magistrate / District Collector / Additional District Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Officer / Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Deputy Collector / Executive Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Stipendiary Assistant Commissioner), not below the rank of First Class Magistrate. Only those certificates shall be accepted who are authorized by the Government to issue such certificates in case of candidates claiming reservation.
Instruction to Candidates
- Candidates must apply in ONLINE mode only except B.Ed and M.Ed course.
- During the time of admission, candidates must present their original final mark sheets along with attested photocopies. Candidates who fail to bring the relevant documents shall not be considered for the admission process.
- In the case of the grading system in 10+2 result, candidates should convert them in the percentage of marks to be considered for calculation.
- Candidates coming from other Universities/Institutions are required to submit their Migration Certificates from their respective Universities / Institutions as per rules otherwise, their candidature is liable to be canceled.
- The Medical Insurance is compulsory for all the students. All candidates have to pay medical insurance fee Rs.332/- during the time of admission.
- It is mandatory for all admitted students to be present in the class for at least seven days out of the first two weeks of commencement of class.
For more details about, Visva Bharati University Admission 2019 refer 2018’s – Download Brochure.