St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 – St. Xavier’s College Kolkata, West Bengal released the application form for PG admission on on the official website i.e admissions.sxccal.edu. The last date to apply is June 10, 2022. Selection in the PG Courses will be done on the basis of the Admission Test. St. Xavier’s College Kolkata offers admission in various UG, PG, Integrated, B.Ed, and Ph.D. courses. UG and B.Ed admission is based on qualifying exam marks & interviews, PG admission is based on entrance exams & interviews, Ph.D admission is based on research aptitude tests (RAT) & interviews. To know all details regarding St. Xavier’s College Kolkata admission 2022 like how to apply, eligibility, selection process, courses offered, and more, read below.
Latest: St. Xavier’s College Kolkata has released the application Form for PG admission. Click here to apply.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022
St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, is an autonomous college. St. Xavier’s was founded in 1860 and is affiliated to Calcutta University.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 Overview
|Name of Institute||St. Xavier’s College Kolkata|
|Year of Establishment||1860|
|Location||Park Street, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, Integrated, B.Ed, and Ph.D. courses|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 Important Dates
To keep track of all the important dates of St. Xavier’s College Kolkata admission 2022, check the tables below:
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 schedule for PG Course
|Release of online application form||Started|
|Last date for submission of application form||10 Jun 2022|
|Date of Admission Test||16 & 17 Jun 2022|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 schedule for UG Courses
|Availability of Application Form||to be announced|
|Last date to submission of Form||to be announced|
|Publication of 1st Lists||to be announced|
|Admission of 1st List||to be announced|
|Publication of 2nd Lists||to be announced|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata PG Admission 2022 Admission Test Schedule
Click here to download/view the Admission Test Schedule and Instructions in pdf format.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 Application Form
The online application form to apply for St. Xavier’s College Kolkata admission 2022 is available in the online mode only and the candidates are provided with a different link to apply for UG, PG, Ph.D and B.Ed admissions. Also, the application process dates for all these courses differ as per the schedule on this page.
The basic application process that is applicable to all the courses are:
- Click on the direct link to apply for admission as available on this page.
- Complete the application process
- Pay the application fee in the available mode
|B.M.S.B.Sc. Mass Communication & VideographyM.Sc. Multimedia (Integrated)||to be notified|
|UG courses||to be notified|
|UG courses at Raghabpur Campus||to be notified|
|B.Ed||to be notified|
|Ph.D||to be notified|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is important that the candidate check whether they fulfil the eligibility norms set for admission. Below we have provided detailed eligibility criteria for various courses.
For Postgraduate Courses
- The candidate must possess a graduate degree in the course they want to opt for. With a minimum 55% marks for general category and 45% for Reserved Category (Percentage will be calculated on the basis of the all the papers),
For Undergraduate Courses
The candidate who has passed +2 examination may apply for various courses under the Undergraduate program offered by St. Xavier’s College. Passing marks of candidates to be eligible for admission are provided below:
- Minimum percentage of marks for application to Honours courses – 60%.
- Minimum percentage of marks for application for S.C., S.T. and Christians: 45%.
- The student must have passed in all the papers as per the respective board/council pass marks.
- The student must have obtained 45% marks in each of the 4 subjects included in the aggregate calculation.
- 50% marks in Bachelors or Masters Degree for General Category and 45% for Reserved Categories.
- Maximum age limit is 40 years for freshers.
- Besides a good academic record, candidates must have:
- Studied at least one subject offered in the B.Ed. course at St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata either at Graduation (with at least 300 marks) or at Post Graduate level.
- Good command and fluency in English, both spoken and written.
For BA LLB
- Provisional Admission will be given on the basis of the marks of the Admission Test.
- The final Plus Two result must be submitted to the University before schedule date to be eligible for confirmed admission.
- Candidates must pass 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in each of the four subjects from the any recognised Board/Council in India.
- Applicants must have studied and passed in English at the 10+2 Standard.
- Aggregate is calculated with four subjects at +2 level including the compulsory subjects as indicated in the eligibility criteria for application and the subjects having the maximum marks from the rest of the subjects.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 Selection Criteria
The selection criteria for the PG, UG, Ph.D and B.Ed courses is given in the table below:
|UG||Based on the marks scored in Class 12 and performance in a personal interview|
|PG||Marks scored in the entrance test by college and personal interview|
|Ph.D||Based on Research Aptitude Test (RAT) by college and personal interviewNET or JRF candidates are exempted form RAT|
|B.Ed||Based on graduation marks and personal interview|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 Exam Pattern
The entrance exam for postgraduate courses – The Post Graduate admission test will be held in Offline mode as per the schedule. Foreign National Applicants (Holding Foreign Passport) and Non Resident Indians (residing abroad) unable to arrive for offline on campus admission tests will have to appear for ONLINE admission tests conducted by the College. Such students must mail a scan copy of their Acknowledgement Sheet and Application Fee payment receipt to the mail id [email protected] at least five days prior to the date of admission test.
The candidate can check the detailed syllabus for each course from the link below.
PG entrance test syllabus: Click here
RAT: Research aptitude test is held in different patter for all the programmes. The syllabus for all the programme is available via the links below:
Courses Offered via St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022
The following coyrses are offered by the St. Xavier’s College Kolkata admission 2022
Post Graduate Courses
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Microbiology
- M.Sc. Economics
- M.Sc Data Science
- M.A. English
- M.A. Political Science
- M.A. Sociology
- M.A. Bengali (Raghabpur Campus)
- M.A. Education
Under Graduate Courses
- B.A. (Co-educational)
- English Honours
- Political Science Honours
- Sociology Honours
- Bengali Honours
- B.A. with English, Political Science and Sociology
- B.SC. (Co-educational)
- Physics Honours
- Chemistry Honours
- Mathematics Honours
- Statistics Honours
- Computer Science Honours
- Economics Honours
- Microbiology Honours
- Mass Communication and Videography
- B.COM Honours
- B.COM [MORNING] (for boys only)
- B.COM [EVENING] (Co-educational)
- B.M.S. (Bachelor in Management Studies) Honours [EVENING] (Co-educational)
- M.Sc. – Multimedia [5 years integrated course] (Co-educational)
- M.Sc. – Biotechnology [5 years integrated course] (Co-educational)
- Ph.D in Physics
- Ph.D in Biotechnology
- Ph.D in Microbiology
- Ph.D in Commerce
St. Xavier’s College Placement Cell
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata has a placement cell that conducts placements for all the final year students. The Placement Cell launched in 2004 – 05. The companies that have visited the campus for recruitment include:
- Futures First
- Deloitte International
- Axis Bank
- U BS
- M GH
- Ernst Young India
- lnnofied Solutions
- Viacom 18
- Wipro IT
- Mu Sigma
- J. P. Morgan
- Wipro BPO
- Boston Consultancy
- Aditya Birla Group
- and many more…
About St. Xavier’s College Kolkata
SXC is an autonomous college which is affiliated to Calcutta University. St. Xavier’s College is owned and managed by the Jesuits of the Calcutta Province of the Society of Jesus. It was founded in 1860 and got affiliation from Calcutta University in 1862. The college offers the following facilities:
- Computer Facility
- Cyber Room
- Central Research Facility
- St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), 30 Mother Teresa Sarani, Kolkata 700016 West Bengal, India
- Reception: (+91 33) 2255-1101
- [email protected]
- Official Website: sxccal.edu
Important Downloads for PG Admission
|M.A. ENGLISH||Admission Notice|
|M.A. POLITICAL SCIENCE||Admission Notice|
|M.A. SOCIOLOGY||Admission Notice|
|M.A. BENGALI (RAGHABPUR CAMPUS ONLY)||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. ECONOMICS||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. COMPUTER SCIENCE||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. DATA SCIENCE||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. PHYSICS||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. MICROBIOLOGY||Admission Notice|
|M.A. EDUCATION||Admission Notice|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2022 FAQs
UG and B.Ed admission is based on qualifying exam marks & interview, PG admission is based on entrance exam & interview, Ph.D admission is based on research aptitude test (RAT) & interview.
Yes indeed. The college is autonomous and affiliated to Calcutta University. St. Xavier’s College is owned and managed by the Jesuits of the Calcutta Province of the Society of Jesus. It was founded in 1860 and got affiliation from Calcutta University in 1862.
The candidates have to apply online by filling and submitting the online application form available at admission.sxccal.edu.
The official website is sxccal.edu.
Official Website: sxccal.edu
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.