St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 – The 2nd merit list for UG courses is now available on the official website i.e admissions.sxccal.edu. St. Xavier’s College Kolkata offers admission in various UG, PG, Integrated, B.Ed, and Ph.D. courses. UG and B.Ed admission is based on qualifying exam marks & interview, PG admission is based on entrance exam & interview, Ph.D. admission is based on research aptitude test (RAT) & interview. To know all details regarding St. Xavier’s College Kolkata admission 2020 like how to apply, eligibility, selection process, courses offered, and more, read below.
Latest: St. Xavier’s College Kolkata 2nd merit list has been released. Click Here to download.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020
St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, is an autonomous college. St. Xavier’s was founded in 1860 and is affiliated to Calcutta University. To keep track of all the important dates of St. Xavier’s College Kolkata admission 2020, check the tables below:
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 schedule for UG Courses
|Availability of Application Form||15 Jul 2020|
|Last date to submission of Form||to be announced|
|Documents verification for Admission||to be announced|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 schedule for PG Courses (02nd Phase)
|Online application (2nd phase)||01 Jun 2020|
|Last date for the submission of online application and the application fee for Post Graduate degree courses (Excluding MBA)|
10 Aug 2020
|Tentative dates for Admission Tests|
17 – 26 Oct 2020
|Tentative dates for Publication of the Admission list on the Website|
|Last date for online payment for Admission|
|Tentative dates for the document verification for Admission|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 schedule (For 01st Phase)
|Last date for Online payment for All Courses||25 May 2020|
|Last date for Payment through draft at ICICI & Axis bank||01 Jun 2020|
|Documents verification for Admission||15 Jun – 04 Jul 2020|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 schedule
|Application process for PG courses|
|Application process for UG courses||To be announced|
|Application process for Ph.D courses||To be announced|
|Application process for B.Ed courses||24 Feb – 14 Mar 2020|
|UG Entrance test||To be announced|
|PG entrance test||To be announced|
|Ph.D entrance test||To be announced|
|B.Ed entrance test||NA|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 – PG New Exam Dates
Click here to download the above schedule.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 – PG Application Deadline Extended
The application deadline for the 2nd phase of PG Admission is extended. However, revised dates for other events will be notified later.
Earlier Revised Schedule
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 Application Form
The online application form to apply for St. Xavier’s College Kolkata admission 2020 is available in the online mode only and the candidates re provided with a different link to apply dor UG, PG, Ph.D and B.Ed admissions. Also, the application process dates for all these courses differ as per the schedule on this page.
The basic application process that is applicable to all the courses are:
- Click on the direct link to apply for admission as available on this page.
- Complete the application process
- Pay the application fee in the available mode
|B.M.S.B.Sc. Mass Communication & VideographyM.Sc. Multimedia (Integrated)||Rs. 1000 (as per last year)|
|Other UG courses||Rs. 500 (as per last year)|
|UG courses at Raghabpur Campus||Rs. 100 (as per last year)|
|Ph.D||to be announced|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is important that the candidate check whether they fulfil the eligibility norms set for admission. Below we have provided detailed eligibility criteria for various courses.
For Postgraduate Courses
The candidate must possess a graduate degree in the course they want to opt for. With a minimum 45% marks for general category and 40% for Reserved Category (Percentage will be calculated on the basis of the all the papers),
For Undergraduate Courses
The candidate who has passed +2 examination may apply for various courses under the Undergraduate program offered by St. Xavier’s College. Passing marks of candidates to be eligible for admission are provided below:
- Minimum percentage of marks for application to Honours courses – 60%.
- Minimum percentage of marks for application for S.C., S.T. and Christians: 45%.
- The student must have passed in all the papers as per the respective board/council pass marks.
- The student must have obtained 45% marks in each of the 4 subjects included in the aggregate calculation.
- 50% marks in Bachelors or Masters Degree for General Category and 45% for Reserved Categories.
- Maximum age limit is 40 years as on July 01, 2020 for freshers.
- Besides a good academic record, candidates must have:
- Studied at least one subject offered in the B.Ed. course at St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Kolkata either at Graduation (with at least 300 marks) or at Post Graduate level.
- Good command and fluency in English, both spoken and written.
For BA LLB
- Provisional Admission will be given on the basis of the marks of the Admission Test.
- The final Plus Two result must be submitted to the University before June 30, 2020 to be eligible for confirmed admission.
- Candidates must pass 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in each of the four subjects from the any recognised Board/Council in India.
- Applicants must have studied and passed in English at the 10+2 Standard.
- Aggregate is calculated with four subjects at +2 level including the compulsory subjects as indicated in the eligibility criteria for application and the subjects having the maximum marks from the rest of the subjects.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 Selection Criteria
The selection criteria for the PG, UG, Ph.D and B.Ed courses is given in the table below:
|UG||Based on the marks scored in Class 12 and performance in a personal interview|
|PG||Marks scored in the entrance test by college and personal interview|
|Ph.D||Based on Research Aptitude Test (RAT) by college and personal interviewNET or JRF candidates are exempted form RAT|
|B.Ed||Based on graduation marks and personal interview|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
The entrance exam for postgraduate courses – Question Paper is of objective type (MCQ), which carries a total of 100 marks. The candidate would have to answer the questions within two hours. For every correct answer, the candidates are awarded 1 mark and there is negative marking for the wrong answer. The candidate can check the detailed syllabus for each course from the link below.
PG entrance test syllabus: Click here
RAT: Research aptitude test is held in different patter for all the programmes. The syllabus for all the programme is available via the links below:
Courses Offered via St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020
The following coyrses are offered by the St. Xavier’s College Kolkata admission 2020
Post Graduate Courses
- M.A. in Mass Communication
- M.A. in English
- M.S.W. (Master of Social Work)
- M.A. In Economics
Under Graduate Courses
- B.A. (Co-educational)
- English Honours
- Political Science Honours
- Sociology Honours
- Bengali Honours
- B.A. with English, Political Science and Sociology
- B.SC. (Co-educational)
- Physics Honours
- Chemistry Honours
- Mathematics Honours
- Statistics Honours
- Computer Science Honours
- Economics Honours
- Microbiology Honours
- Mass Communication and Videography
- B.COM Honours
- B.COM [MORNING] (for boys only)
- B.COM [EVENING] (Co-educational)
- B.M.S. (Bachelor in Management Studies) Honours [EVENING] (Co-educational)
- M.Sc. – Multimedia [5 years integrated course] (Co-educational)
- M.Sc. – Biotechnology [5 years integrated course] (Co-educational)
- Ph.D in Physics
- Ph.D in Biotechnology
- Ph.D in Microbiology
- Ph.D in Commerce
St. Xavier’s College Placement Cell
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata has a placement cell that conducts placements for all the final year students. The Placement Cell launched in 2004 – 05. The companies that have visited the campus for recruitment include:
- Futures First
- Deloitte International
- Axis Bank
- U BS
- M GH
- Ernst Young India
- lnnofied Solutions
- Viacom 18
- Wipro IT
- Mu Sigma
- J. P. Morgan
- Wipro BPO
- Boston Consultancy
- Aditya Birla Group
- and many more…
About St. Xavier’s College Kolkata
SXC is an autonomous college which is affiliated to Calcutta University. St. Xavier’s College is owned and managed by the Jesuits of the Calcutta Province of the Society of Jesus. It was founded in 1860 and got affiliation from Calcutta University in 1862. The college offers the following facilities:
- Computer Facility
- Cyber Room
- Central Research Facility
- St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), 30 Mother Teresa Sarani, Kolkata 700016 West Bengal, India
- Reception: (+91 33) 2255-1101
- [email protected]
- Official Website: sxccal.edu
|M.A. ENGLISH||Admission Notice|
|M.A. POLITICAL SCIENCE||Admission Notice|
|M.A. SOCIOLOGY||Admission Notice|
|M.A. BENGALI (RAGHABPUR CAMPUS ONLY)||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. ECONOMICS||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. COMPUTER SCIENCE||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. PHYSICS||Admission Notice|
|M.SC. MICROBIOLOGY||Admission Notice|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Admission 2020 FAQs
How can I get admission in St Xaviers School Kolkata?
Is St Xavier’s College Kolkata good?
How do I apply for Saint Xaviers Kolkata admission?
What is the official website of the college?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.